oo1. green; a new beginning

I'm A Wolf Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Swallow the sun. Let's go straight
To born to the light. It's a new day
Up to the sky
Keep your head up"

~

 

"Jo Jiah"

The only teenager in the room lifted up her chin, as soon as she saw Ms. Lee gestured her to come, she gently putted the little kids on her lap down before approached the head nurse of their orphanage.

"Yes?" Jiah asked softly while biting her lower lips. She almost instantly took a step backward when the head nurse reached her hand toward her head. Jiah silently winced when Ms. Lee, a single woman in her early forties, just patted her hairs gently.

"You have a new family waiting for you downstairs, Jiah"

Jiah didn't expect Ms. Lee to bring that news to her. She was the only teenager in this orphanage, the oldest, and the most unlikely child to adopt. The seventeen years old girl gave up on finding her new family years ago, she just hoped to graduate from high school smoothly to be able to live alone, far from this orphanage. 

"...a new family?" she tilted her head slightly, a little dumbfounded with Ms. Lee words. 

"Yes! Aren't you delighted? Your new father especially asked for a daughter in her teens" Ms. Lee gleefully clapped her palms once, a wide smile decorated her face.

Jiah somehow couldn't feel Ms. Lee happiness, she just blankly stared at the head nurse with her usual blank face. 

Well, at least she could come out from this hell hole called orphanage. 
~

 

Jiah silently observed the way to her new house while leaned her head on the car's window. All she could see after an hour out of Seoul was woods and more woods. She actually didn't have any expectation about her new house, thinking that it was another small house or maybe an apartment among the tall buildings in Seoul, but after sometime, maybe her dream to have a peaceful daily life in countryside was getting real. 

She stole a glance at her new father, a single man in his late fifties, although Jiah was skeptic about his age, he looked too young for a man just a year or two before entered their sixties.

"Is it still far away? We already drive about three hours" she asked softly, hugged the only thing she brought from the orphanage beside her clothes tighter to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter