Just Say Yes! - 1

Just Say Yes!

DARA'S POV

 

 

 

I've been watching him ever since I first saw him at the Han River riding on his bike. The way his hair parted as the wind blew, I haven't seen any other earthling that looked as cool as he did; it was breathtaking.

 

I have been in the same class with Jiyong since 1st year college though I haven't noticed him since the Han River day. He is very timid and quiet at our classroom but I once saw his noisy side when he was with his circle of friends at an arcade. I guess he can be very shy with people he's not close with.

 

"Ladyyyyyy!" Someone called. As I turned, I saw my 3 girlfriends waving and walking towards me. I smiled and waved back at them, pointing the table where I'm seated at, telling them to join me.

 

"How's my bunny?" Chaerin asked, sitting beside me and putting her arm around me. Bom and Minzy sat at the chairs in front of mine and Chaerin's.

 

"I'm fine, Chae. How 'bout you guys?" I asked. I heard Chaerin mumbled a "fine" while Bom shrugged her shoulders. Meanwhile, Minzy's shoulders slumped as her smile turned to a frown.

 

"I am still questioning myself why I chose Accounting as my course. Math and Minzy is and will never be a good match. I at math, big time!" Minzy growled in frustration.

 

"Aww our baby's gonna cry. There, there. You can do it. You can ask for Chae's help if you're really struggling." Bom was patting Minzy's back as she speaks.

 

"Yeah" I muttered. I think I got their attention as they sat up straight and looked at me.

 

"What's wrong? Why's our bunny so down?" Bom said as she pouts.

 

"Don't tell us that nothing's wrong 'coz obviously that's a lie." Chaerin warned. Minzy nodded in agreement.

 

"There's this guy." I sighed, not finishing my sentence. I'm still contemplating on whether I should drop Jiyong's name or not because I know for sure how they will react. Bom will be super shock she's gonna shout Jiyong's name in confirmation, Minzy will be stomping her feet and giggle like a kid would while Chaerin, well her reaction would be the most human-like. She's just gonna shrug her shoulders and tell me that she knew all along. So I choose not to reveal that the guy I'm thinking is Jiyong.

 

"Continue. Who's this guy? Is he in your class? What year? Where and when did you meet him?" Bom asked me enthusiastically.

 

"Well. He's from the Music Production Department. Graduating, just like us." I answered. All 3 still looking at me, waiting for my answers for Bom's other question. I sighed as I continued speaking "I saw him at the Han River last week and his image keeps on showing in my head."
 

"So, what's your problem with him? Did he hurt you?" Chae asked, worry's evident in her voice.

 

"No," I said "I don't even know if he knows me. But he's been my classmate since 1st year college."

 

"So? Please stop giving us crumbs of the story. Tell the whole story, bunny, so that we can understand your problem." Chaerin said and I can feel her irritation.

 

"Okay, okay. So as I said, I saw him one time at Han River riding his bike. He looks so handsome and cute at the same time. Since then, I've been seeing him in my GE classes. I've always wanted to approach him but he and other people may see it as something weird; a girl approaching him out of nowhere." I explained.

 

"Do you like him?" Minzy asked. I bit my lower lip. Do I like him? I asked myself.

 

"I think I am interested in KNOWING him more." I emphasized "knowing" as I am not yet sure if I like him.

 

"Then approach him." Chaerin said as if it was the most obvious thing to do. "Tell him you wanted to be friends with him, right? There's nothing wrong with being FRIENDS." Chaerin continued as she emphasized the word "friends." I nodded.

 

My 3 friends started eating their lunch and I looked down at my pasta. I am just curious about him. Being friends with him is not a bad thing. Friends. Curious. Right? I asked myself. I sighed quietly and chose to eat my lunch like my friends.

 

~~~

 

As I entered the room for my next class, I saw a familiar red hair guy at the end of the room. I forgot that Jiyong is my classmate for this class. Damn! I don't even know why we still have creative writing when we are already in our last year, hopefully in college.

 

I came in late so the only seats that are available are on the 1st & 2nd row in front and the seat next to Jiyong. I chose to sit on the 2nd seat from the window of the 1st row, trying to be as far as I can be from him. Just as I took my seat our professor entered and greeted us. 

 

"You remembered what I thought you last meeting, right? How to write an interesting intro, a very well-constructed body and a good conclusion right? So here's your task." Grunts and sighs were heard as we heard the word task.

 

"Guys! Listen up first. This task will be easy. You will be paired with one of your classmates and for this period, you just have to talk with each other. Get to know your partner and make an essay as to what inspired and pushed your partner to take the course she or he is taking up right now. Easy, right?"

 

We nodded in agreement. Well, it really was an easy task. Also, we could also take this chance to know our classmates. I blushed as I think of talking to Jiyong. I can ask what his favorites are. His interest and such. I can also---

 

"Your partner will be the person behind you." I was cut-off from my imagination as I heard our professor. I immediately regretted not sitting next to him. At least I can look at him while we were with each other's partner.

 

"But since there are 5 rows, the partners of the last person from each row will be the first person on the next column. Just like a snake, get it?" as our professor moved her hand from the 1st column then to me, as the first person of the 2nd column and continued until the last column. "Proceed quietly and do your task. The submission of this paper will be next week so you can work on your paper this week." 

 

I decided not to look back to check my partner because I know who he was. I decided to look busy by getting my notebooks and pens, pretending to prepare my things when in fact I was preparing myself.

 

As I was about to look back, after what felt like hours of gathering my courage, I saw him dragging his chair and put it in front of me.

 

"Hi. Jiyong." He said then offered his hand for a handshake. I blinked for a couple of times and decided to reach his hand for a handshake.

 

"Hi. I'm bunny." I said in a small but audible voice.

 

"Eh?" I heard Jiyong while he tilted his head. I repeated what I said in my mind. What? Is there something wrong? I'm bunny ri---?!!! Oh my gosh. Dara, whuuuuut?!






 

Writer's note:

Okay. I really have no idea on how to write a story. I'm just writing this because I kept on thinking about DaraGon and I need something to help me empty my mind from their thoughts. Again, that's why I decided to write this fanfic kekeke~
 

Don't judge me please. Thank you! 💙