(7) untitled; 2016 (light& shadows)

untitled& unknown;

 

untitled; 2016

(light& shadows)

 

Ten whole years had passed since his debut. He couldn’t even believe it. It felt weird, but so, so beautiful. Kyuhyun’s schedule was as packed as always, but sometimes he felt the loneliness consuming him, since Ryeowook (the lone member that was with him at the dorms after Donghae’s enlistment) moved out as well.

The, once filled with loud voices and laughter, dorm was now filled with silence. It was only him and the managers there, but still he had managed to handle loneliness.

[…]

“Mozart” was a project he had never thought that he would participate in. Nonetheless, he was overly excited about it.

That, until he felt his throat hurting whenever he would sing. In the beginning, he had thought it was just tiredness, but after a while, things got worse.

The doctor had said it is vocal nodules and that he should get a surgery treatment.

He was afraid of a surgery. He was afraid of irrevocably damaging his voice. Singing was the only thing in his life to give him real happiness; he couldn’t lose it.

He stopped his activities for a whole month and he missed half of the “Mozart” performances.

Those were the shadows of 2016.

[…]

Thankfully, the surgery and treatment went well and Kyuhyun was able to recuperate pretty fast. He was thankful for that.

Soon after his recuperation, he started working on his third mini album; the last album he would record before his military enlistment.

“Waiting, Still” suddenly became his biggest solo project, since he collaborated with Yoon Jong Shin and his friend and idol Sung Si Kyung.

“Waiting, Still” was the light of 2016.

[…]

“Don’t drink too much wine…” Sung Si Kyung warned him.

“Look who’s talking…” Kyuhyun said, laughing.

“I’m your hyung and you should listen to my words.”

“And you know, hyung that I drink way less than you do…” Kyuhyun spat back, playfully.

“But, I am not the one having a comeback in two days…”

Kyuhyun stayed silent.

“Are you scared?” Si Kyung asked him.

“Not really… Just a little bit anxious…”

“Don’t— Just enjoy it!”

Kyuhyun nodded and smiled, talking another sip from his red wine.

[…]

2016 had its ups and downs; but looking back at it the light always overpowers the shadows.