Chapter 1.1 - Beautiful morning

The fear within

 

 


I opened my eyes to the bright morning sun, and it felt great.
Everything was cool until i realized it was the first day of school.

“Kris wake up!” I glanced at the door and saw Donghae walking towards me and he didn't look quite happy.
“Uhg Donghae can't I skip for today?”
“You know I can't do that Yifan.” He gave me an annoyed glare.
“Besides who skips the first school day without a freaking reason,that's lame.”
“Please.” I begged.
“No yifan!” He shouted. He was starting to lose his patience and he rapidly tapped his foot on my perfectly clean carpet. To my annoyance he still had his shoes on.
“And for your information, you only have 15 minutes left to get to school on time.” I sensed a hint of sass in his voice and I didn't like it one bit. He tried to pull my blanket of me but I held onto it tightly. He quickly realized I wasn't going to budge so he stopped tugging.
 I peeked at my alarm clock to make sure it wasn't one of his tricks. It wasn't, it was exactly 8:05.
“Donghae why didn't you wake me up earlier?!”
“Why are you blaming me?”He said shoving me out of the bed.” I hit the floor with a loud thud and lied there not making effort to get up anytime soon.

“I tried to wake you up exactly 20 minutes ago though , you sleep like a dog!”
That sounds off. I turned to look at him but it was quite difficult to look at someone from this angle.
“Isn't it like you sleep like a log?”
“If I say it's a dog than it is a dog.”
“Whatever, now get out of my room so I can get ready.” I said quickly reaching out for a pillow randomly lying on my bed to  throw at my caretaker. But unfortunately I missed by a mile.
“Ha ,you missed!”He shouted victoriously pumping his first.
“Gee Donghae you can be so immature.” I said rolling my eyes and resting my head on the soft carpet.
“Look who's talking.” I felt too lazy to answer, I just let it slide for now. I closed my eyes for a bit and expected him to be gone by the time I opened them. I opened my eyes but he was still there. In fact the latter just stood there doing nothing so I sat up and gave him one of my signature glares: the get out of my room one. Donghae noticed ,rolled his eyes at me and then left without uttering a word.

I looked at my chair where my new school uniform was lying, perfectly pressed and all. My  dad has this weird habit of changing the uniforms each,yes each year. But since I’m all about the fashion, I didn't mind designing it with my old man though. I was running late, but that didn't stop me from doing my whole morning routine.  I walked to my bathroom and abruptly stopped when I realized I forgot something. I grunted in annoyance  when I found out what I was forgetting . My phone.  I turned 180° to get it. I put my playlist on and decided to finally get started .
First of all I rinsed all of stuff I had on my face from the night earlier. Then I applied cleanser. While I was rubbing it in I grabbed my phone to change up songs. I just wasn't feeling the rap songs today. I switched up to a slow pop song. 
Mark would totally blackmail me if he knew I listened to pop songs. But screw him I'm the one with the pictures so the joke's on him. Speaking of Mark he just texted me saying: 

Have a nice day at school. From the best , best friend there is… In fact your only friend. Enjoy your day.

I scoffed as I reread the last part. Seriously I haven't even seen his face and he is already annoying me. I could imagine him writing this ty text with a huge smile on his face. One I would gladly wipe of. After I typed in my reply I took a shower. One that took way longer than expected, grabbed my cream and rubbed it for as long as Mirotic and No.1  played. After looking at myself in the mirror I decided my hair isn't that important now. When I came out of the bathroom Donghae wasn't waiting in front of the bathroom door like he always does when I'm late. I thought it was kind of suspicious actually . I changed into my uniform and thought to myself how good of a designer I actually am. My hair's still wet but I am already late,so who cares? After putting on some cologne. I grabbed my backpack from under my bed and stuffed it with some pens , pencils and a notebook. lastly, I grabbed the envelope with student ID. of my table and left the room but not before looking at myself in the large mirror.
"Damn I look good” I said before finally leaving the room.

Donghae wasn't in the living room too.
”That basta-o hey Donghae”  He just walked in holding coffee in his right hand while swinging his keys in the left.
"Said something?” he asked.
"No” I said whilst walking to the front door. So there was where he went. He just went out to get coffee. No problem at all ,if only you get one for me too.
"Wait a minute…where's my coffee?” I asked turning around and glared at my elder.
"Do you even think you deserve coffee now ?” He asked frowning at me.
"Seriously, you bought coffee and didn't mind buying one for me ?”
“Are you seriously thinking about coffee now? Your dad wanted you to come to school at exactly 8:00. It's 8:40 now and you're whining about coffee, I think there's someone else you should be concerned about.” He gave me that judging look again.
"Okay let's leave then.” pft I don't even like coffee that much . I muttered before walking off to the driveway.
“You're coffee is in the car. Unlike you I tend to think about people more often.”Donghae called out behind me. I couldn't help but smile.

We walked to Donghae's car and looked through the front window to make sure he didn't trick me. He wasn't lying he did buy me coffee and even some cookies. I opened up the door and sat down in the passenger seat. That's how the trip to school started. It was a quiet ride but after 10 min Donghae broke the silence.

“Yifan...”he said "I want you to do your best this year okay.”
“Mmh.”  I answered munching on the cookies. I was texting Mark about a dumb video I saw on SNS.
"I’m serious Yifan don't take things for granted , cherish the people around you.”
I looked up to see if he was really being serious. I’m pretty sure he was. The way he said it was so sincere.
"I will try not to do anything stupid this year. I said I’ll try ”
“That's all I need to hear.” He said smiling down on me.
"Good luck on your first day Yifan.” I looked up to see the school gate.
"Thanks I’ll need all the luck on earth to survive the year.” I searched through my bag to find the envelope with the new student ID. Once I got a hold of it, I got out of the car and waved Donghae off. I could actually just walk off and just not attend to school today but I promised to make this year a good one. I turned to the gatekeeper and showed him my student ID so that he could let me in.
"However I don't even think all the luck on earth will be enough.” I muttered to myself.


“Wu Yifan” A cold voice called behind me. I halted in my steps. 
That voice. How much I hate that voice.  It sounds emptier each time I hear it. I slowly turned around and there he stood just 3 steps before me. Principal Myeong. He took up my appearance giving me a dark smile. 
“I guess some things will never change. You're late again aren't you.”he chuckled. 
“Ugh what do you want”. 
“Me?Oh nothing. I don't want anything from you. Can't I,the principal have a small chat with his students.
 You missed principal Wu’s opening speech. He won't be pleased to hear that.
 I didn't want to hear it anymore I walked passed him and was about to knock on the door when he said something that grabbed my attention. 
“Did you meet the new students already?” my eyes narrowed into tiny slits as I turned my head to face him. 
“They are quite special if I may say myself.” 
Well now he got my full attention but I'm never going to admit to that. 
“How do you know that? How are you so sure.” 
“Well I hand picked them myself of course. 
“All 12 of them? Why so many? Did my dad just give you the permission,just like that?”  
“I have my reasons.” He looked on his wristwatch and then back at me. “Your dad must be waiting.” 
“Um I was on my way until you stopped me.” I deadpanned. 
“See you around Mr.Wu.
 This is the last year before you graduate. Try not to get in trouble too much.”
 “I don't need your advice.”
 “Fair enough.”


Why am I not surprised. You would expect your dad to be happy after not seeing you for a long time. I got this dry greeting instead. I looked at the clock it was 9 o'clock. Okay I was obviously late. That's why he's so butthurt.
"Yifan.” His voice sounded cold and unwelcoming.
"Yes, dad.”
“You know that I asked you to give the new students a tour, right?”
Oh shoot that's why he's mad. I totally forgot about that! Why am I doomed to do all this lame tasks? This school is huge, this stupid tour would take at least an hour! I need to come back with an excuse. A good one.
"But dad I'm late. I should be In class by now.”
“Just go already.” He said obviously annoyed."But don't you think you can get away with this. Tomorrow you're gonna be here ON TIME. And you're going to give this kids a tour!” Dad almost lost it. This was the moment I realised that I can't escape this.
”Okay dad, I will do it.”
“Good, see you tomorrow.” He said as he grabbed a pile of papers and a pen and started typing away on his computer.
Gee dad why you mad? CHILL.
He looked up and gave me that I know you're bashing me mentally look. And I knew that I needed to get out of here ASAP.
I left with a displeased feeling. I love my dad, but really come on. It's 9 in the morning a little early to be like ‘this’?
I walked through the huge hallway in a fast pace.
Before I knew ,I stumbled against a rather short guy. A simple but kind of rude
“Sorry...” escaped my mouth. Leaving the wide eyed guy with a confused expression.
To think about it I've never seen him before. Instead of taking a second look at this person, I just kept walking. The hall is so big but yet people manage to bump into each other. That's something I would never understand.

I found myself staring at the freshly picked flowers. They looked great today. The school has a personal gardener who provides us with fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers. Normally we have just one bouquet of flowers in each class. But since my dad likes them so much, he decided to decorate the entire school interior with it. I know it's weird and flowers are definitely not my style, but it makes school feel less like ‘school’. And that's exactly what I need.
Believe me I would rather stay here and look at flowers than sitting in miss Kim's class. Really! If I wasn't supposed to be a good example or if Donghae would just let me ,I would have skipped class for sure! But Donghae would never allow me to do so. I really like the guy. But he always does exactly what my father asks him to do. The fact that he's hilarious and awesome (for a old guy) makes up for that though.

I looked at the classroom names, I was almost there. I don't understand why it's a big deal skipping the first day of school .
On the first day of school we always have introduction moments. That's so freaking boring! I don't care when you're dog is born or what he likes to eat ! I looked at the classroom names once again. Finally, classroom Dangun.
The history classroom.

I'm 100% ready to distract people with my handsome presence. I'm sure they missed me. I put my model face on and knocked on the door. Miss Kim responded with a loud “come in!”
The first day of school has officially started.

 

 

 


 

Authors note

1R1c1y3LuPqRTDO5GNqAlllM0cX04ex5aPnd4seNfkFnLTMj2Fdiu641LXUhG7AoZd2hgJoK58fpv80u9bILmdCqFDT96MNR_iadzG9f-2DIUSPQzgtHFxmpZ1Sb7-WvLWPIx_0Q

Hello there 😆

If you read this you've made it through the first part of chapter 1 Woohoooo !!!!!

f4fBe7CZGgiWvRuP7_YnFRXKjFn0CoqQfLBjYEGWifopJSwQTG12-eX3DaTAlgntkyCk2cxTmENtODsNWaaAQCZLkOzd9UyI_E_e7iMpkzco6HiBTevNhhcK8anpiaISsFM_jAuw

 

Genjack: Oh I'll just drop part 2 right after

Genjack to Genjack: Let them wait 11 years

wgdh5edZN37qYepdwFgJEJKToLiVa6DqzSs7l8JWUIbE8mhXRMr7mQ0ATZYwYyhTNQUTDZMntv4LSjFNp0OGcQ15A8nUTTcGyucByLGrLcPA9y8pgqHF-gmPzQNPlo270astiGIn

naw just kidding

 

As you can see I've had quite the struglle with the lay-out. There's no lay out right now. Buuut I'm working on it.

That stuff is pretty hard though.I tell you that.

I hope you enjoyed it. I put allot of effort into making this. I don't really have a upload sheme I just go by the flow.

Thanks for reading the first part of the fic. A loooooooot of things are going to happen in the future chapters. I hope you'll stick with me up to then.

Bye xxx

Genjack