Carry Me

Daejae A-Z One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  "You're ing heavy, Youngjae."

  "Oh, shut up. You... You're just weak. Weak, weak, weak! Ugh..."

  Daehyun rolled his eyes and adjusted Youngjae who was on his back. He wanted to pry the younger's hands off his neck before he could choke him, but that would cause the drunk Youngjae to fall off, so he decided to keep them there. However, the longer he carried him, the heavier he got. Daehyun wasn't sure why because he really wasn't fat. It just felt like he was adding rocks every time he took a step. "Why were you there anyways? I was working on my essay when I got a call from Yongguk that you were drunk out of your mind and according to him you kept calling my name like a lost puppy." Daehyun and Youngjae were roommates and ocassionally, Youngjae would hang out with Yongguk on the weekends, but he never would get this drunk.

  Youngjae groaned and buried his head on the back of Daehyun's neck and took in his scent. "You smell like oranges."

  The older sighed. "What even made you drink so much anyways?"

  The younger said nothing.

  Daehyun groaned. "Fine. Don't tell me. Ugh. I should've just taken my car despite the bar being a few blocks away. I just didn't think you wouldn't be able to walk." He bickered as he dragged his feet back to the apartment. Even though Daehyun was complaining, he was actually really worried about his best friend. Youngjae hadn't gotten this drunk ever since his ex broke up with him. But at least this time he wasn't passed out with a drink in his hands. This time, he was just really quiet.

  Then: "Who was that girl you were talking to yesterday?"

  "Huh?"

  "After our Biochemistry class, a girl came up to you. Who was that?"

  Daehyun recalled the events and realized what Youngjae was talking about. "Oh! Naeun?"

  "Naeun. So that's her name," his voice came quietly. Again, he took in Daehyun's scent and rubbed his nose on the back of his neck, causing Daehyun to shiver.

  "She's-she's just a friend if that's what you're wondering." In all honesty, Daehyun wasn't interested in anyone because he already had his eyes set on someone else and that someone was holding onto him tightly. He hadn't confessed his feelings towards his best friend because he was afraid of their relationship falling apart. There were things he didn't want to change, and he was scared that the moment he confessed, Youngjae may become distant. Daehyun always watched from afar as Youngjae would date someone and be heartbroken by those same people. Through thick and thin, Daehyun would always be there to take care of him, but he made sure to also keep his distance. Sometimes he would even try to pursue others, but in his heart, he constantly screamed for Youngjae. And tonight, he was especially worried about him. "You really shouldn't drink so much because, look, I have to carry your sorry home like this!"

  Youngjae sneered and hit Daehyun's back. "Shut up."

  "Ugh. You're so heavy."

  Again, Youngjae struck him with his fist. "Stop complaining. I just felt like drinking."

  "Yeah, but you drank too much. I'm just glad Yongguk was there to stop you before you pass out like last time. Damn. You had me so worried. When he called me, all I could think about was that night your first ex broke up with you. You were devastated. You didn't leave your room. You didn't eat. And you didn't want to ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter