Anemic

Daejae A-Z One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  "What the hell? Why does your blood taste disgusting? Ugh! Ew!" Jung Daehyun made a mistake - a grave mistake. He was out hunting for food and bit someone who's blood was the worst thing he's ever tasted in his life. It was strange because typically, when he found a prey he liked, their blood was usually tasty, but this guy - oh, this guy's blood was definitely something. The taste just wouldn't leave him no matter how many times he wiped his tongue with his sleeve.

  "Oh my god! You bit me!" Daehyun's prey screeched while pressing a hand on his neck. The puncture wasn't bleeding severely, but it was clear that Daehyun took a little blood from this poor human. As if he had nothing else to do, the guy kicked him on the shin. "What kind of sick joke is that to bite someone in the middle of the night and make them bleed? Are you some kind of vampire?"

  "Yes! Yes I am! And your freaking blood !" Daehyun didn't even think about the concequences of telling this stranger the truth. His mind was constantly worrying about the blood he just drank. He rubbed his aching shin. "What is wrong with you?"

  The guy's eyes widened and his mouth gaped. Again, he kicked him. "What is wrong with me? What do you mean? I should be the one asking that question! You're the one who bit me. Is this even sterile? I need alcohol wipes for this. You brush your teeth, right?"

  Daehyun honestly didn't know how to handle this situation. This was the longest he's ever interacted with his prey in the thousand years he's been "alive." Normally, he would attack them and only take enough blood to keep him full without killing them. When he was satisfied, he would leave just as quickly as he came without them getting a glimpse of his face. Now, he was here talking to one in clear view. "Of course I brush my teeth! What kind of question is that? Hygiene is very important. Now, tell me why does your blood taste so gross? Are you even human or are you sick? I would really consider taking care of yourself properly if that is the case."

  The guy squinted his eyes. Even he didn't understand what was going on. "I'm anemic. I take iron supplements."

  "Anemic? You're anemic? No wonder!" Daehyun threw his arms up and slammed his hands on the guy's shoulder. "You should really consider changing your diet."

  The guy slapped his hands away and took a step back. "That's what I'm doing. I was coming back home after shopping for until you came and bit me! And to top it all off, you're claiming to be a vampire? What is with this world?"

  Daehyun truly didn't know what was going on in his mind. He was just too distracted by the taste of this stranger's blood. Hell, it probably even went to his head because the next thing he knew, he was saying strange things even he would never had expected himself doing. He pointed at the stranger. "What is your name?"

  The guy glared. "Why do you want to know?"

  "It's a simple question. What's wrong with me asking?" This really was going nowhere.

  "Youngjae."

  "Youngjae, huh? Well, Youngjae, as someone who's lived for quite a long time, I have never met someone with blood like yours..." He paused. What the hell was wrong with his mind tonight? Could it be the fact that there was a full moon, so he was becoming delirious and afraid that a werewolf would show up any moment or could it be the way this guy's skin glistened in the night or could it really just be the bad blood he tasted? He didn't know what it was, but he let his mouth run. "You really need someone to take care of you. I can't drink someone's blood who tastes as bad as yours."

  "Then don't drink my blood! It's as simple as that!"

  "Yes, you may be right, but it's unsettling to know that there's someone out there who has health issues."

  Daehyun could tell Youngjae wanted to protest, but he shut his mouth and rolled his eyes. Youngjae picked up his grocery bags and gathered all the apples that rolled out of the bags. As he does this, he was grumbling to himself, "Stupid. This is so stupid. I should've just stayed home and starve myself to death."

  "That doesn't sound ideal."

  Youngjae glared at him. He took the last apple and threw it in the bag. Without a word, he held his groceries tightly and bumped his shoulder before making his way towards his home. Dried blood could be seen on his neck, but he didn't care. He literally stormed out, leaving Daehyun stupefied.

  Daehyun didn't expect himself to be watching this Youngjae guy, but here he was, standing in front of his house and staring at the light coming through his window. Anyone looking would think he was a stalker. No, wait, he was stalking him. In fact, it didn't help his case that he could only come out at night to talk to him. He waited, wondering if the guy would ever leave his house just like the first time he met him, but again, just like the past two weeks, Youngjae wouldn't leave his home and turned off the lights.

  Daehyun sighed. He didn't know why he was torturing himself with this. In fact, he could be hunting right now, but here he was, waiting in front of a stranger's door. Surprisingly, no one called the police on him. After a few seconds, he turned to leave, but just as he took his first step, the lights to the living room turned on. He perked up and noticed a window i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter