Blind Date

Daejae A-Z One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  "You did what!?" Youngjae shouted at his friend, Himchan, despite being in a public restaurant. He leaned forward, embarrassed, and repeated in a much quieter tone, "You arranged a blind date for me?"

  "Yeah! What's wrong with that? You're single and my friend is single, and you're both looking for a relationship. It's perfect! I promise you he's a great guy and you're going to love him. Not only that, but I heard he looks good ." Himchan wiggled his eyebrows.

  Youngjae flinched and made a face. "I don't want to know that. Ugh. And please don't ever do that again. It looks so weird."

  "Alright fine, but you have to give him a chance. I already told him that I would set you guys on a date. He sounded so excited, so I can't turn him down now."

  This wouldn't be the first time Himchan set Youngjae up on a blind date, and let's just say it ended up horribly. Youngjae didn't care about looks, so there wasn't a problem about his appearance, but he despised the fact how arrogant he sounded whenever he would boast about his business. What made matters worse was when the guy got so drunk, he started blurting out to the public that they were officially a couple when, in fact, they were nowhere near that status. Ever since then, Youngjae couldn't trust Himchan and his decision making.

  Youngjae heaved a sigh and turned his water cup in his hand. He had a choice to refuse Himchan's offer, but maybe, just maybe, this guy would be different. If he decided not to go on this date, he might regret it later when he's old and wrinkley without that special someone. He watched as the water sloshed about before gazing at Himchan. "Okay. I'll do it, but if this doesn't go so well, I'm no longer trusting you with blind dates. Even online dating may give me a better chance at finding a boyfriend."

  Himchan perked up. His eyes glowed. "You won't be disappointed. I promise you. I've known this guy for quite some time and I really think he'll be perfect for you. I set up a date this Saturday if you don't mind. He told me to tell you to meet him at the train station and after that, he would take it from there. I would suggest that you dress up nicely because even I don't know what you two will be doing. And don't worry. I won't stalk you."

  "But I'll make sure to call you if something goes wrong," Youngjae pointed out. For the first time, he actually wouldn't mind Himchan stalking him. There are crazy people out there and if this guy wanted to take him out of the city, then Youngjae wanted to make sure Himchan would be close enough to save him. "What's his name anyways?"

  "Daehyun."

  "Last name?"

  Himchan grinned quite suspiciously. If there was one thing he loved to do, it was this. He loved teasing people. "Not going to tell you. You're going to end up stalking him online, thus ruining the surprise. I promise you, you won't be disappointed with this guy. He really is quite the charmer."

  "Whatever." If there was anything Youngjae hated, it was this. He hated secrets, and he hated surprises. When he's watching a TV show, a movie, or a book, he would end up spoiling himself of the ending just so he could determine whether or not he wanted to continue with the story. If it didn't end up how he wanted it, he would struggle to finish it. This was something he could look up quite easily because he didn't know a lot of Daehyun's in the area, but he decided to keep his word and not look him up until after he's met him.

  Youngjae woke up early that Saturday morning, too anxious about what was about to happen. The days leading up to this, he honestly wasn't excited to meet this Daehyun guy, but now that it was happening, he was searching through his closet to pick out his best outfit. It was difficult because most of what he had were sweatpants, jeans, and a few nice pants for special occasions along with lots of casual T-shirts, button-up shirts, and tanks. He didn't know why he cared so much about his own appearance, but he did want to put on a good impression. Sure, he may not see this guy ever again after today, but what if he does? What if the first thing the guy noticed would be his clothes and that would determine how their date would go.

  "Ugh!" Youngjae groaned and threw a couple of clothes on his bed. As he laid out his shirts and his pants side-by-side, he gazed at them while rubbing his chin. He always believed blue looked good on him, so he decided to wear a blue with white polka dots button-up shirt with white pants. He checked himself through the mirror and had second thoughts. "Maybe I should change my pants. White would probably not be the best option if I don't know what we're doing." Immediately, he slipped his pants off and put on some black pants instead. He nodded his head in approval. "Good."

  He entered his bathroom where he had left his phone when he was showering. Checking his notification, he noticed he had ten missed calls and fifteen text messages bascially telling Youngjae to get ready and dress appropriately for the first date. A few text messages were from his other friends asking if he wanted to hang out with them today in which Youngjae replied with: Sorry. I'm busy today. I got a date.

  Some of his friends continued asking him questions about who it was, and once again, Youngjae replied: Not sure. Himchan set me up on a blind date.

  Most of his friends knew about Himchan and the first guy he set him up with. Some of his friends told him good luck while the others questioned why he was going with this again.

  "I mean, it doesn't hurt to try, right?" Youngjae muttered to himself as he continued answering his friends. Just as he was typing his final message, he received a call from Himchan. "Hel-"

  "YOUNGJAE! You ready?" Himchan's voice boomed from the other line.

  Youngjae had to keep the phone at a distance from his ear to save his hearing. "Yeah. I'm almost ready. Why?" I checked the time. He still had thirty more minutes to meet up with Daehyun.

  "Just making sure you're not going to bail on him. I can assure you he's-"

  "He's a good guy. Yeah, yeah. I know. You keep telling me that, but I won't believe you until I see it for myself, got it? Now stop bothering me about it. You're making me more nervous."

  "Alright. I won't bother you. I'll just say this: Daehyun's been texting me ever since I told him you accepted the date and he's excited to meet you. I also didn't tell him much about you, so you're both kind of in the dark with this at the moment. It'll make things a lot more interesting, don't you think?"

  "I guess." He checked the time again. Not much time passed, but he didn't mind strolling through the city a bit before going to the train station. "I think I'm going to head out. It's going to take me a while to get to the station. And like I said, if something goes wrong, I'm going to call you and blame you for setting me up on a terrible date again."

  "But it won't be."

  "Whatever. I'm going to go. Bye." Youngjae didn't even wait for Himchan to reply and hung up. He stuffed his phone and wallet in his pocket and made his way towards the train station.

  It was a nice day today, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter