Pick Me Up

Stray Kids Drabbles

 

 

“Hey Minho,” Jisung said, “I think you spelled your name wrong.” 

Minho looked down at his 10 Jam note for their fans. ‘Minho’ was written at the top in black marker. “Jisung are you okay? I’m two hundred percent sure I spelled it right.”

Jisung shook his head, “it’s spelled capital m, i, n, e, h, o.”

Minho’s eyes widened.

“Mineho,” Jisung smirked, capped his pen, and went to turn in his handwritten note. 

Minho was left speechless with his unfinished message.

***

“Hey Chan, Woojin,” Minho stared up at the ceiling with his hands behind his head.

“Yeah?”

“What?”

Minho sat up on his bed and crossed his hands.

“Why do you look so serious?” Chan asked.

Woojin placed his guitar down and gave Minho his full attention, “yeah what’s wrong?”

“I’m having a bit of a dilemma...” he began.

Chan and Woojin both nodded, “go on.” 

“Uh so there’s thing younger boy who told me the cheesiest pickup line and usually I hate cheesy things but when he did it I didn’t hate it and-“

Chan sighed and Woojin picked up his guitar again.

Chan rolled his eyes, “It was Jisung wasn’t it.”

Minho vigorously shook his head, “Yeah it was. But how did you know?”

“Minho we were literally all in the room, we all heard.” 

Woojin nodded in agreement and Minho covered his face in embarrassment. Though his hands were in the way, it was obvious he was blushing. Anyone could see his flushed ears. Chan and Woojin glanced at each other and nodded. A little smirk formed Chan’s face. 

“Hey, we can help you.”

“Help me?” Minho asked, hands still covering his face. 

“Yeah,” Woojin added on, “we can teach you some pickup lines.” 

“To help you swoon Jisung or something.”

Minho’s heart jumped at the thought of swooning Jisung. An embarrassed Jisung would be so cute. I’ve never seen him blush. Blushing Jisung. Oh my god. 

Minho was ready to memorize every single  pickup line Chan and Woojin were about to throw at him. 

“My personal favorite is: Charizards are red, Squirtles are blue, if you were a Pokémon, I would choose you,” Woojin smiled and strummed his guitar. 

Minho got off his bed in a hurry, “Hold on let me get a pen and pencil.” 

Chan stopped him in his tracks and sighed, “that pickup line wouldn’t work with Jisung.”

“Why not?” Minho asked.

“That’s something Felix would say to Changbin, so it won’t work as well on Jisung.”

“Chan what kind of BS reasoning is that,” Woojin scowled. 

Chan ignored the older boy and dragged Minho to his desk, “here’s a piece of paper and a pen, now write this down. ‘Did you fall from heaven? Because you’re an angel.’”

“That’s the most clech-”

“Shhh. Another good one is ‘are you lost? Because heaven is far from here.’”

“Okay, that one’s acceptable,” Woojin nods in agreement.

All through the night, the three boys in their early twenties helped Minho create a list of pick up lines to swoon Jisung.

***

It was time. Minho was waiting for Jisung in the practice room. Half an hour earlier he had recited every pick up line to Chan and Woojin with no mistakes. Nothing could go wrong. They would be dating in a split second.

That’s when Jisung walked in. Beanie and everything. He hadn’t even said anything and Minho’s heart was already beating faster than Jisung could rap. He’s so beautiful.

“What?” Jisung turned around to look at Minho.

Did I say that out loud oh no.

Minho panicked. The pick up lines. Recite the pick up lines. “Did you fall from heaven? Because heaven is far from here. Wait I mean are you lost? Because you’re an angel. Wait that’s not right either,” Minho was sweating buckets at this point.

Jisung made his way over to Minho.

I messed up I messed up I messed u-

Jisung stopped in front of the older boy, cupped his cheeks and whispered, “You must be one hell of a thief because you just stole my heart from across the room.”