Shinee - RIP Gucci

Drabbles and more

Tags: Minkey, platonic, humor

A/N: Based on an incident at Shinee World V. A quote that has gone down in kpop history. “But it wasn’t a dryer. It was my Gucci. And it burned.” I imagined Minho doing random little things to cheer Key up, but in my head, it snowballed and I couldn’t figure out what more to write. This little blip was fun though XD

Watching Kibum sit in a chair when he’s angry was like witnessing the Queen of England waving her small white gloved hand at a crowd. Every movement, deliberate and regal, but most of all; powerful. He lowered himself into the soft cushion, as if giving it permission to embrace his bottom into its folds. He crossed one leg over the other, the simple motion languid and effortlessly graceful.  

His glance froze the air. A glint in his brown eyes brought a steely chill over the room, making Minho shudder when he moved to approach him. Kibum crossed his arms over his chest and looked down, studying the shiny silver bag in the tall rapper’s hands, watching as he sat it down at his feet.

“What is that?” His highness inquired, dissatisfied before even seeing what it was.

“I know it won’t replace the one you lost,” Minho began nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. “but I got you a new jacket.”

Kibum peeped into the shopping bag, noting gray cuffs lined with sparkling pink. All too familiar with the latest line, he knew exactly which jacket it was. It was impressive that Minho actually picked it, but knowing him, he probably just grabbed the first thing featuring the color pink and took it to the register without a second thought.

He truly did appreciate the effort, (and money), Minho put into buying a new one, but he couldn’t show it. He was still seething, his fury burning hot, much like his precious jacket did over that stage light.

Coincidently, the one Minho bought was Key’s third choice when he went shopping. Just recollecting that fateful day when he whipped out his platinum card and brought his precious Gucci made his heart hurt. Now it wasn’t hanging gloriously in the closet. No, it was gone. Ruined.

Because it burned.