Shinee - 2min Gamers

Drabbles and more

“There Goes My Baby” deleted scene

Tags: 2min, platonic

A/N: This was supposed to be a pleasant flashback sometime at the start of the fic, but I ended up doing other things. I kept it because it was cute :3

...

“ yeah!” exclaimed Minho, leaping from the couch. Taemin dove sideways, Minho’s Xbox One controller just barely missing him when it bounced hard after he threw it down.

“Congratulations,” Taemin deadpanned, rising from his seat. “You almost killed me with that thing.”

“No worries, Taemin-ah,” Minho beamed. “Not like you’d feel it after I obliterated you.”

It was a casual day off at the dorm. Key was resting comfortably at his apartment, and had texted them saying he’d see them at practice the next day. Of course, it wasn’t worded nearly as kindly. Minho had asked him to come over and watch movies, to which he replied:

“I see enough of your ugly mugs daily. Need my beauty sleep to recover from exposure. See you tomorrow.”

Jinki was in his room, listening to somber Park Hyo Shin ballads as he studied a script he was offered. Jonghyun was located elsewhere, either crying while watching a drama, or cuddling with the enormous handmade Roo plushie he received from a fan. That left Minho and Taemin, who just like any other idle day in the dorm, decided to waste away playing video games.

They had spent the last hour going back and forth in Mortal Kombat, neither willing to admit defeat or say how cool a fatality looked when their own characters were subjected to them. They were tied for the fifth time when Minho struck the fatal blow to Taemin’s fighter, and in the next second, he was cheering at the bloody heap on screen. Taemin just rolled his eyes as Minho celebrated.

This feeling was something that Minho enjoyed. Not just the savory taste of victory, or the bragging rights gained from wiping a grin off of Taemin’s face. He loved moments when instead of chasing after his admired hyungs, he could be one himself. He had shown Taemin the ropes on his favorite video game and got a proper challenge once he learned. Of course, he couldn’t surpass his greatness, but still.

“Ah, really,” Minho laughed breathlessly. “Don’t sweat it. You put up a good fight.”

Taemin just glared at him with his arms folded. Minho frowned, then grinned widely, deciding to irritate him further. He circled around him and poked at both his shoulders, peaking at him alternately from left and right making random faces. Taemin stared straight forward, ignoring his pestering for a good minute before Minho’s fingers poked at his armpits.

Taemin snorted and curled into himself, laughter erupting as Minho pursued his ticklish armpits.

“Ya!” Taemin shrieked when Minho pulled him back and onto the couch. He landed in his lap, tickling him continuously until his hit the controller.

“Ow!” yelped Minho.

Taemin laughed harder and struggled back to his feet.

“That’s what you get.”

“Done for the night?” Minho asked as he dug the device from beneath him.

“Nah, just grabbing a beer. Want one?”

“Sure, thanks.”