The Dance

Midwinter's Night Dream

Halfway through her second glass of champagne (or was it the third?? Honestly, she couldn’t remember) she felt soft but firm hands prying around her palm which held the glass and taking the glass out of her hand. She turned around irritated only to meet a man smiling and looking at her with soft brown eyes which she had grown to love and known all her life.


“Whoa, whoa princess slow down. What’s with u and drinking today??”, he said.


“It’s none of your business, Kim Myungsoo”.


Saying this she yanked back her glass and gulped the drink in one go and exchanged her now empty glass for a filled one. This time around Myungsoo yanked the glass from her hand and downed the glass without even giving her time to react.


“Clam down princess. You have drunk a lot already”, he said to her in a reprimanding tone.


“As I said its none of your business. Besides I barely had two glasses. I can handle a bit more”, she replied in an irritated tone.


Honestly, she couldn’t believe it was her doing the talking. Usually she was soft spoken and did not use an irritated tone to talk with anyone. Her drunk self might already be taking control of her.


“You already had four glasses and that would have made a fifth glass. And I know u can’t handle more than 3 glasses of champagne.”, he deadpanned.


It was true that she was a light drinker and could get tipsy very easily. It was also true that she became bolder and more truthful whenever she was drunk. That was the very reason she why she hated drinking as she blabbered everything truthfully and in worst case scenario she starts calling everybody she has a grudge on and starts scolding them. Everyone close to her knew this and they made sure that she didn’t drink too much unless she was too angry and upset.


“Besides who made our princess so angry that she started drinking??”, he joked.


‘You’ she thought but she decided against telling him this. Instead she just gave him an irritated look and turned to look somewhere else other than him. She could have sworn that she saw a look of sadness cross his face. Why would he be sad when he doesn’t feel anything for her except a brotherly kind of love right?? When she turned around to look at him again, he had his infamous smirk plastered to his face. She must have only imagined the sad look.


“Come on princess tell me”, he again said, this time using a whining tone.


“Well the party is boring and my supposed best friend ditched me and went to god knows where. So, I have to keep myself entertained somehow, haven’t I ??”, she replied, not trying to avoid the question anymore and besides she told half the truth to him.


“It’s not your kind of party, is it??”, he said.


“Why are you asking when u already know the answer??”


“Well let me be that.”


“Let you be what??”, she asked a bit confused.


“Your entertainment for tonight.”


She just stared at his face when she heard that thinking that she must have misheard him. She couldn’t believe that THE Kim Myungsoo who had been avoiding her like plague (or maybe the both have been avoiding each other or maybe it was just her. Ugh whatever.) for god knows what reason had actually suggested that he would accompany her all through the night. She blinked her eyes a few times just to make sure the man before her was actually Myungsoo and she wasn’t hallucinating but no matter how many times she blinked he still stayed the same. Then she asked the stupidest question of the millennia


“Can you please repeat that??”


“I just said that instead of drinking, let me accompany you and keep u entertained. So, what say princess?”, he said again.


“So basically, you are telling me that you will accompany me to stop me from drinking??”, she said, scowling.


“Bingo. Who knows what you might do this time princess??”, he replied with a teasing smile on his face.


“Fine. Let’s do this. But there should be some kind of punishment if you can’t entertain me.”, she said after thinking a little.


“Whatever you say princess. I am at your service”, he replied shrugging a little.


“About your punishment, I will decide that later but from now you are my slave until I set you free.”, she said smiling triumphantly. 


“Your wish is my command my dear princess”, he replied bowing slightly and both of them started laughing at this.
Honestly, she was elated that she hadn’t had to do much and still she kind of had accomplished her mission. The extra added feature was that he was accompanying her willingly. Though she might not admit it she was also happy that he was concerned in a way for her and had actually noticed that she had been drinking.


“So how do you plan to entertain me??”, she asked a bit too much excited.


“Hmm let me think. How about I introduce you to some guys and you talk with them??”


“NO!!!”, she said shuddering when she remembered their creepy stares and pouted a little.


Seeing this he started laughing loudly.


“I honestly missed this face.”


“Shut up you meanie. I hate you.”


At this he started laughing hysterically. Eventually he calmed down a bit after she gave him her ‘shut up or you will die look’.


“I was just kidding princess. In all seriousness would you like to go and dance??”, he asked her.


“Am not a good dancer you know.”, she replied a little hesitatingly.


“Princess, u and I both know that u dance pretty well. Now may I have this dance my lady??”, he said while extending his hand.


“U sure may, that is if you are completely sure I will not embarrass us both.”, she said while sticking her tongue out a little.


“Who cares if we are embarrassed??”


He smiled at her sweetly when she slipped her hand through his and led her to the dance floor. A slow Waltz was playing when they started dancing he put his hands on her waist and pulled her close while she put her hands on his shoulders to balance herself. Usually whenever she danced she was barefoot instead of wearing this Eiffel tower kind of heels. So, she had a bit trouble balancing herself. Nevertheless, she managed to dance without falling on the ground and embarrassing herself throughly. The first few minutes were filled with a comfortable silence. The were no longer strangers or enemies nor were they a CEO of a company or a medical student. At that moment they were just close friends who cared deeply for each other. She was starting to sober up a bit when he decided to break the silence.


“It sure feels good, doesn’t it??”


“It sure does. How long has it been since we last danced??”, she asked.


“Last time we danced was probably during your high school graduation ceremony.”, he replied immediately.


“How can you remember everything so well??”, she said a bit surprised that he remembered exactly when they had last danced.


“I remember most of the things darling”, he said smirking a little.


“So, do you remember that we both used to dance a lot when we were little??”


“I also remember how we used to play by enacting fairy-tales and Sungyeol always ended up being the witch or the evil stepmother.


Remembering this they both started laughing. She didn’t know if it was his bad luck or he just liked it but her brother always ended up being the main villain. These games were also the reason which earned her the nickname of princess as she was always the damsel in distress while most of the time Myungsoo was the knight in shining armour which earned him the nickname of prince. Though they forgot his nickname but her nickname stuck with her up until the present.
The rest of the dance they just spent reminiscing their childhood memories and laughing. From the corner of her eyes she could see girls giving her death glares. She had expected this though when she agreed to dance with the guy on whom probably every female population in the room had an eye on. As the song came to an end they moved away from each other and started clapping. Just as they were leaving the dance floor she could hear a familiar tune being played.


“You remember this princess??”, he asked her smiling a little.


She sure did remember this tune. When she was still a freshman in high school she had danced to this one in front of the whole school with Myungsoo. This was also the song which caused many girls to be jealous of her, some because they thought they could have danced better with this song while some were jealous just because she was dancing with him. Her school had a ritual which had actually started as some kind of initiation ceremony but had gradually been turned into a ritual. According to it a freshman and a passing out senior will be paired up randomly and will be given a random song. The pair had to choreograph a dance and present it. It was some kind of competition or showdown with prizes for the winning pair. She had miraculously been paired up with Myungsoo while her brother was paired up with Hyeri. Myungsoo had to do a lot to convince her to dance as the song that had been given to them was a y tango tune. She was totally embarrassed to perform it but he had somehow convinced her to dance with him with the result that they grabbed the second position. The first and third position was grabbed by Howon oppa and Hyori and Woohyun oppa and Eun Soo both of whom became couples later on. Her brother had pouted a lot as he couldn’t get any prize.


“Shall we revive some old memories, princess??”, he said extending his hand yet again and smirking a little. 


“Are you sure? Wouldn’t it be embarrassing??”, she said hesitating a little. 


“I am as sure as I am sure that I love black. Besides I am with you. What is there to be embarrassed??”


She laughed a little when she heard him accepting his love for black himself and said “Let’s do this.”,a sudden wave of confidence taking over her after hearing his words.


She could see other couples staring to dance already as he led her to the dance floor and they started dancing slowly to the music. At first, she was not sure if she would remember the dance at all. But as the song progressed her body started taking control making her sway to the music with the perfect choreography. She didn’t know if it was because of Myungsoo or something else but as the music started picking up the pace she could feel both her embarrassment and the people surrounding them fading. It was as if they were in a world of their own. Just as the music drew to a close she could feel herself flushed against his chest, her hands on his shoulders and one of his hands on her waist while the other supported her leg which was wrapped around his thigh. Her breath was short and quick and she could hear distant sound of clapping all around her. Her heart was racing rapidly making her realise that the feelings she had tried so hard to bury all these years had resurfaced and all it took was a simple dance. She knew that he would never reciprocate her feelings and this thought saddened her a bit. She knew she had to leave before she fell beyond any hopes of being saved. Slowly she leaned towards his ears and whispered,
“You are free now, Oppa.
___________________________________________
So here is the second part. I had already written this chapter but i wasn't sure how i should publish it. 
I hope u like it😅😅😅😅
Please comment nd upvote
XOXO❤️❤️❤️❤️