And The Dreams Come True

Midwinter's Night Dream

“You are free now, Oppa.”


She could feel him stiffening against her when he heard this. She removed her hands from his neck and quickly turned around and left, mingling with the crowd. She started to walk quickly as she felt him trying to find her. In her efforts to run away from him she found herself following her legs to anywhere they led her to which eventually landed her in a balcony,  open to the night sky and sheltered from all the noise of the party and prying eyes of people. The night was cold as it was mid-winter and she didn’t bring her coat and her dress didn’t help at all. She felt really cold but it helped her to think about things in a better light. She knew they were never meant to be and even wishful thinking was a sin on her part. He was a handsome young bachelor with girls falling at his feet while she was a nerd who loved studying and saving peoples lives. It was as if they were from two different worlds. The only thing that connected them was her brother.


She was so lost in her thoughts that she couldn’t hear the door leading to the balcony opening and someone coming towards her. It was only when she felt something warm being draped around her shoulders did she know that there was someone else in the balcony besides her.


“There you are princess”, he said in his silky voice, “What are you doing out in the cold with no coat on??”


When she turned around to face the man who had given her the coat she saw none other than Kim Myungsoo looking at her with a worried expression. She sighed a little and again turned around as she said,
“You should go back in, Oppa. You have already entertained me a lot today. Now you are free to do whatever you like.”


“You have sobered up a bit I guess since you are calling me Oppa instead of calling me by my name.”, he said leaning against the railing, completely disregarding whatever she said.


“Honestly Oppa you don’t have to keep me company anymore. I can manage. Besides there are many people who are probably looking for you. You shouldn’t waste your precious time on someone like me.”, she said sighing yet again.


“What do you mean someone like you??”, he asked her, a little bit of anger lacing his words.


“Someone you are keeping company just because she is your best friend’s sister. Someone who clearly doesn’t belong in your world.”, she said bitterness dripping in her words.


“I am not keeping you company because of any obligation princess but because I want to keep you company. I agree that I listen to your brother most of the time but even he can’t make me do something I do not want to do. And about belonging in my world, I will decide who will or will not be a part of it.”, he said his voice rising a bit from his original pitch.


At this she did not know what to reply so she did the best thing she could do and that was to keep mum and not say anything. She decided to ignore the presence beside her and continue admiring the beautiful moonlit mid-winter night. They stood there beside each other enjoying the beautiful but cold night. She shivered a bit. Though Myungsoo’s coat was draped around her she couldn’t help but feel cold. Suddenly she felt being pulled backwards into a warm embrace. Her back was pressed against a firm but warm chest and a pair of hands had interlocked themselves around her waist while warm breath fanned her bare neck. For a moment she was frozen. She couldn’t comprehend what was happening. When her mind finally registered that Myungsoo was back hugging her she shook him off and furiously turned around to face him.


“Why do you do things that confuse me even more??”, she said bitterly.


“What do you mean princess?”, he asked, confusion evident in his voice and face.


“Why do you always do things that makes my heart flutter and makes me hopeful that perhaps, perhaps you consider me something more than your best friend's sister?? Why do you always give me sweet gestures and make me fall harder for you?? You don’t even like me so why….”


Before she could even complete her sentence, she was yanked forward by her waist and something soft landed on her lips. It took her some time to understand that Myungsoo was actually kissing her. Like really kissing her. On the lips. Just as she was registering the feeling he moved away and whispered,
“Don’t you ever”


Saying this he again pressed his lips firmly on hers, this time the kiss continuing for a bit longer time. She could feel sparks flying everywhere. It was as if current was coursing through her veins. But before she even had time to react he again pulled away and said
“Say that again princess”


With this he gently pulled her forward and again closed the space between their lips. His lips lingered on hers a few moments more than the previous time and she could feel his hands roaming around her waist. The kiss was nothing but loving and sweet. He pulled away a little out of breath and rested his forehead on hers, catching his breath. Both of their eyes were closed, just enjoying and drowning in the moment. When she opened her eyes, she found him staring at her. He gave her a sweet loving smile and said something that she had been dying to hear since a very long time.


“God, I am so much in love with you, Lee Seung Mi.”
He cupped her cheeks and leaned in again slowly. She could feel his lips on hers as she closed her eyes in pure bliss. It was as if she was taken to cloud 9. She just loved the feeling of his lips on hers. She merely followed his movements as she tried to kiss him back. She could feel him smiling into the kiss as she kissed him back. She noticed how their lips moulded perfectly with each other. Slowly she raised her hands to his shoulders and tangled them behind his neck. The kiss was nothing but sweet but was also filled with love and passion. Both of them reluctantly pulled away when they were short of breath. He looked down at her and smiled a beautiful smile as a blush crept up her face. She looked away feeling embarrassed by what she did. She felt him lace his hands through hers and giving it a reassuring squeeze.


“So, what are we now??”, she asked him, facing him timidly.


“I don’t know. Are we anything??”, He said smirking a little.


“Yah, how can you say that after taking my first, second, third and fourth kiss in a single go??”, she shouted feeling a bit agitated and started poking his sides.


“I don’t know bout other numbers but that definitely wasn’t your first kiss”, he said laughing a little.


She stared at him not being able to comprehend what he said. As far as she remembered she never kissed anyone so it definitely was her first kiss.


“Don’t tell me you don’t remember what you did last year princess??”


She couldn’t remember what she did last year when it finally clicked. She couldn’t have, could she??


Flashback to a year ago


She really wanted to drink that day but she couldn’t exactly go alone considering her drunk antics. She had thought about calling up her brother but she couldn’t talk to him about her problem and Hyeri couldn’t exactly come as she had gone to visit her grandparents. So, she had called the only other person she knew would listen and understand her problem, Myungsoo. Even though he had been avoiding her since god knows when, she somehow knew it in the back of her mind that he would come if she calls him no matter what. 


Myungsoo had come as soon as he could after receiving her call. By the time he reached there she had already started drinking. He slipped in the seat in front of her. By the looks of her face she had not drunk much and was in a semi sober state.


“So, what happened princess??”, he started.


“My brother broke up.”, she said in a semi drunk voice.


“Again??”


“Again.”, saying this she drank a shot of soju in one go.


“Did his ex-girlfriend come looking for you??”, he said while filling up her cup knowing all too well what would have happened.


“Yes. And as always, all the blame was put on me.”, she said while drinking the alcohol he poured.


“So why are you so angry princess??”, he said in a coaxing tone, trying to get the answer out of .


“Because she slapped me across the face and I couldn’t do anything.”, she said and burst into tears.


His heart pained seeing the girl he loved all his life crying and he couldn’t do anything to comfort her as he was a coward. He had harboured a crush on her from the first time he saw her when Sungyeol took him to his house and introduced him to his baby sister. When he saw her, he thought that she was an angel who had fallen from the sky. At first, he thought that he had a small crush her and it would go away with the passage of time. But boy was he so wrong. His feelings for her grew manifolds with every passing day. He saw her growing up from being a cute little angel to a girl of ethereal beauty. When he danced with her for her graduation ball he knew that it wasn’t just a crush he had on her but he actually loved her. And that realisation made him scared and he started to run away both from his feelings and from her. But all it took was a phone call to make him come running to her. He had fallen too hard for her.


He could feel his anger rising as she continued to cry. How could anyone blame such an innocent and beautiful creature?? And those stupid girls. How could they get jealous their boyfriend’s own little sister?? He would deal with Sungyeol’s ex later and make sure she has a good lesson on manners. But right then, he had to bring her back safely.


“Don’t cry princess. You are a strong girl, right?? Crying for such things will make you weak. You don’t want that right??”, he said while wiping away her tears.


“No, I don’t want that”, she said sniffing softly.


“So, shall we go back home princess??”, he said helping her up to stand.


“Yes, let’s go.” 


But as soon as she stood up she passed out. Being a light drinker, she got drunk easily but passing out so early was rare for her. Maybe she was too sad and stressed that’s why she passed out so early. So, he had no choice but to piggyback her all the way to her home. Halfway to her home she began drunk talking cursing people she was angry on, who she felt had wronged her. He started smiling when she cursed her own brother for being a pain in the neck and causing her all kinds of misery. Suddenly she went quite for some minutes before saying,
“No one loves me.”


“Why are you saying that princess??”


“I do nothing to harm anyone but everyone ends up hating me.”, she said sadly.


“Well I love you.”


Suddenly she climbed off his back and stood upright as if she had not drunk at all and started,
“No Myungsoo Oppa. You don’t love me as well. If you did you would have noticed how much I like you. No, you don’t love me at all.”
“No princess I do love you. I really do.”


“Then prove it to me.”


He did not know how to prove it to her. So, he did the first thing that came into his mind. He kissed her. In his desperation to prove her that he really liked her he kissed her without thinking about the consequences. But the moment his lips touched hers it was like he was taken to heaven. It wasn’t like any other kiss. It strangely felt perfect like they were connected and made for each other. As he pulled away he could see that she had passed away again, a big smile plastered to her face. It was quite a shock to know that she liked him back but he didn't know how to face her or his feelings even after knowing he couldn't love anyone but her. He sighed and proceeded to take her back home all the while thinking about what the future holds for them.


Flashback ends


“Did I perhaps jump on you while I was drunk last year??”, she asked a little bit suspiciously.


“Well technically it was you who jumped on me but me who initiated the kiss. But whatever. That was your first kiss.”, he replied.


“So, you are telling me my first kiss was a drunk kiss??”


“Yes, but I promise to make all the forthcoming kisses magical and meaningful.”, he said a little too cheerfully.


“Are you proposing to me right now??”, she asked.


“You were mine the moment I kissed you. What is there to propose??”


“Yah who said I was yours??”


“Uh your ghost??”, he said and they both burst into laughter. “In all seriousness though, would you like to be my girlfriend Lee Seungmi??”

It didn't take her a minute before she replied, 
“Yes. Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend.”


Saying this she threw her hands round his neck while he picked her up and twirled her around. She had waited all her life to hear this.


“I love you princess.”, he said while leaning his forehead against her.


“I love you too my dear prince.”, she said smiling.


“Finally. The two idiotic lovebirds have got together.”, a voice said from behind them which she recognised as her brother’s voice.


When they turned around they could see Sungyeol and Hyeri approaching them, hand in hand.


“Aw bestie, am so happy for you.”, Hyeri said hugging her.


“Thank you bestie. By the way how did it go??”, Seungmi asked.


“How did what go??”, Sungyeol asked.


“Well you know the confession.”, she said.


“Ah that….”, Sungyeol trailed off while avoiding their eyes.


“Are you both not telling us something??”, Seungmi asked them, getting into full interrogative mode.


“That…. That was just a plan made by us to get you both together”, Sungyeol said while laughing sheepishly.


“So, you both are not together??”, Myungsoo asked the question she wanted to ask.


“Well…., on the contrary we have been dating each other since last six months.”, Hyeri replied looking a bit flustered.


“What??”, they both said simultaneously.


“You have been dating my brother for six months and did not tell me about it. What kind of best friend are you?”, Seungmi asked Hyeri.


“And you. I thought we shared all our secrets.”, Myungsoo said to Sungyeol.


“Well we were planning to tell you both.”, Sungyeol tried to explain.


“And when would that have been??”, Seungmi asked her brother.


“Soon.”


Saying this Sungyeol grabbed Hyeri’s hand and started running inside towards the party,laughing, while Myungsoo and Seungmi ran after them shouting,
“Yah you both. Stop right there or we are going to kill you both.”


Falling in love takes just a moment, but falling out of it might take an eternity. Lucky are the ones who find the one, luckier are the ones who find someone courageous enough to admit it and luckiest are the ones who find someone who waits for them unconditionally. A simple push is what is needed for people to gather the courage to confess. 
Just like they did and their dreams came true in a Mid-winter's night. 

___________________________________________
With this the story comes to an end. 
Thank u for bearing with me and reading this story. 

Please do comment to let me know whether or not you liked the story and how i can improve. 
I hope you liked it and with this i would take my leave *bows*. 
Happy New Year everyone
XOXO😁😁😁😁😁