8 - Red And White Sweaters

Christmas Magic

         Hakyeon’s lips are soft and warm under his own. They kiss a bit awkwardly at first, light and hesitant touches that grow slowly more confident and heated as the kiss goes on. Soon he can taste the inside of Hakyeon’s mouth, sweet and chocolaty, and the feeling is exhilarating. His hands find their way around Hakyeon’s back, clenching in the fabric of his sweater to press their two bodies closer. Hakyeon’s hands are buried in his hair, half , half griping his strands, and everything is right and perfect. Until Hakyeon violently pushes him away from him.

         For half a second, fear takes him over and he looks at Hakyeon with wide eyes... to see him sneezes several times in his sleeve.

         “Sorry...”

         Hakyeon looks embarrassed and it’s really a cute sigh. However, when he sneezes again, Taekwoon doesn’t think it’s cute anymore and starts to worry and fuss over him.

         “Are you cold? Your sweater is wet. You should change.”

         Hakyeon chuckles and his heart swells at the sound.

         “Both of us should. There are chocolate stains on yours. Come...”

         Hakyeon stands up and offers him his hand to take. Then he leads them to his bedroom.

         Taekwoon feels a bit out of place. It isn’t a room he is familiar with in Hakyeon’s apartment and he can’t help but blush at their proximity in such a small space, near a bed. On the contrary, Hakyeon looks very unfazed as he rummages inside his closet to find them appropriate clothing.

         “Do you think it’s big enough for you?”

         The question startles him out of his thoughts and he forces himself to concentrate on the piece of clothes that Hakyeon holds in front of him. This is a very large white sweater that appears fluffy and soft to the touch. He nods as he grabs it and then freezes as Hakyeon proceeds to take off his own pullover right in front of him. When Hakyeon’s head reappears out of the clean red sweater he put on, Taekwoon is still frozen and his face is the same colour as the aforesaid jumper.

         “Are you alright? You’re all flushed... Are you getting a fever?”

         “Huh... No... I’m fine... I...”

         Before he can come up with a good explanation, Hakyeon realises what’s going on and starts to blush too.

         “Oh... Are you flustered because I changed in front of you?”

         Taekwoon doesn’t think he can get any redder.

         “But it’s not the first time you see me half ... When we change at the coffee shop, and last summer too...”

         Well, now he is utterly mortified.

         “It’s not the same... Can we not... I... It’s different... I’m... I’m sorry...”

         “Oh, no... It’s okay... I don’t mind... I mean...Well...”

         It’s really embarrassing and Taekwoon doesn’t know anymore what to do or where to look at. He’s helplessly fumbling with the jumper in his hands, head low, when Hakyeon talks again.

         “It’s your turn now...”

         He raises his head to stare at Hakyeon questioningly.

         “It’s your turn to change...”

         “Huh... Are you staying?”

         Hakyeon blushes anew but nods nevertheless.

         “I’ll help you... If you need... With your hand...”

         As he’s speaking, he starts pulling gently on Taekwoon’s sleeve over the bandage of his injured hand. There is so much tenderness in Hakyeon’s gesture that despite all the previous embarrassment, Taekwoon lets him help him to undress and then to pull the warm sweater he chooses for him on.

         Somehow, he expected to feel Hakyeon’s fingers on his skin at one point, but it didn’t happen and the moment remained all sweet and comfortable. Now they’re facing each other, Hakyeon’s hands are holding the front of his sweater and he’s looking at him expectantly, smiling softly. So Taekwoon takes him in his arms and starts to kiss him again.