We Had A Good Run

Book I: Live Well Yourself

May 7, 2015

Joy sat nervously in the passenger seat, fiddling with her hands. What the heck did he just say?

The car's engine was finally cut by Sungjae, after parking in front of RV's dorm. He too, was equally silent as he carried a conversation with himself. What the heck did you just say Sungjae?! 

Awkward silence filled the air. Joy couldn't take it anymore and blurted, "Look, you didn't have to say you liked me back just because.." She was cut off by Sungjae's hands cupping her cheeks. He shushed her by softly brushing his thumb over her lips.

"I've wanted to hear that from you for God knows how long. I never could figure out if all those times you told me that was for the sake of the show."

Joy tilted her head to the side, took one of Sungjae's hand from her face and kissed his thumb. "That's cringey, Oppa." She let out a giggle, causing her eyes to disappear in that moment. He mirrored her eyes with laugh. How can she be annoyingly cute?!

"Sooyoung-ah! I was having a moment and you just had to break it like that." He patted her head and ruffled her hair. "Argh! Sungjae-ah! Hajima!" Joy swatted his hand from her hair playfully.

"Sungjae-ah?! What happened to Oppa? I'm still a year older than you. Let me remind you of that." He tickled her ear as he said this, causing Joy to shout. "Yah!" She fought back by deliberately spreading out his hair from his forehead.

He leaned back  and caught her wrist. Joy was taken aback by his swift action. Before she knew it, his face was coming closer to hers. Surprised, she froze as she felt his warm lips on hers. It ended as soon as she closed her eyes to savour the moment.

Sungjae pulled away, staring at her. He chuckled  at the sight of her, frozen with her eyes closed. Her eyes fluttered open to see him staring at her. "Been wanting to do that since your birthday, baby."

"Baby? I'm not a baby!"

"You're not. I know, but you're my baby..."

She shyly smiled, looking down. Still cringey Yook Sungjae. How can I ever get used to this? she thought.

"How do we tell our members?", they said in unison. With that, they let out a laugh realizing what just happened.

------

Joy couldn't sleep, afraid she'd wake up from a dream. Yook Sungjae was hers.

Sungjae couldn't wipe the smile from his face. It's been a long way coming to this day. Park Sooyoung was his.