Dahyun's Sixteenth Birthday (bonus chapter 4/9)

Im Nayeon and the Eight Kids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Dahyun is turning sixteen. Jeongyeon, Momo, Jihyo and Mina are eighteen years old. Sana is seventeen. Chaeyoung is fifteen. Tzuyu is fourteen. Nayeon is twenty-seven. I apologize for the grammar and spelling mistakes!

The First Day of High School for the Roommates 

 

“Eomma, I will not let Jeongyeon-unnie or Momo-unnie go!” Eleven-year-old Tzuyu wailed out loud with tears rolling down her face. Dahyun looks at her in amusement as she pats the girl’s head. 

 

“She’s still our little baby.” The pale girl cooed, earning a glare from the maknae. Nayeon receives the tissues from Jihyo as she pats her tears dry, meanwhile Jeongyeon whined out to her mother and Momo stood beside her. 

 

“Nayeon, it’s not like we’re going to be leaving forever!” The eldest hated when she saw her mother crying. Momo nodded as she pouted. 

 

“It’s just high school.” The oldest Japanese girl says in a casual tone, making Nayeon sob out. 

 

“That’s exactly the point! It’s just another reminder of how much you’ve grown.” She pauses when she realizes something else. “AND IT’S MY OLD HIGH SCHOOL.” The mother loudly whined as she grabs more tissues from Jihyo who could only pat her mother’s back and hold the tissue box. The mother continues to cry, realizing that she’s so old that her kids are starting to go to her old school. Chaeyoung wraps her arms around Jeongyeon’s leg, preventing the girl to walk normally. 

 

“What are you doing, dongsaeng?” Jeongyeon cutely asked, pretending to not know the fact that the youngest sisters didn’t want for Jeongyeon and Momo to leave. She felt warm-hearted from the reaction she’s been getting from her sisters and her mother. 

 

“You’re not going to walk with us?” Chaeyoung looks at her with hopeful eyes and Jeongyeon frowns. 

 

“We can’t… The elementary school and high school are on opposite ends of the town.” Chaeyoung furrows her eyebrows in frustration that the world was trying to rip her sisters away from her. 

 

Momo then feels long scrawny arms wrap around her calf and looks down to see a disappointed Tzuyu. “Then, who is going to look after us?” This made the latter laugh as she patted Tzuyu’s head. 

 

“You guys are acting like Sana, Mina and Jihyo has never taken care of you!” Sana hears this as she walks into the living room and raises an eyebrow when she sees Chaeyoung and Tzuyu clinging onto Jeongyeon and Momo. 

 

The Japanese girl pretends to be offended as she places a hand on her chest. “Do you really want to eat near the trash cans again, Chaeyoung-ah?” Sana joked with a serious look and Chaeyoung immediately shakes her head. 

 

“No, Miss Minatozaki!” She shows a look of horror as flashbacks of her clothes getting dirtied, earning a scolding from Nayeon. 

 

Sana smiles in satisfaction as she walks towards Jeongyeon and pulls the clingy Tzuyu off her leg. Jeongyeon smiles in appreciation as she shakes her leg off. 

 

“Unnie!” Tzuyu whined out as Sana gave her a tight back hug. 

 

“Aish, you’re such a baby.” The latter complains as Tzuyu gave up from trying to escape Sana’s grasp. 

 

Jeongyeon quickly checks the clock on the watch and nods at Momo, signaling at her sister that it was time to leave. “We should start walking if we don’t wanna be late.” 

 

Nayeon takes a deep breath at the news as she approaches her two eldest daughters, showing proud smiles. “I remember when Jeongyeon was obsessed with LEGO’s and Momo used to always clear our fridge with and her large appetite.” The mother says in a jokingly tone, earning an amused look from Mina. 

 

“Eomma, Jeongyeon still plays with LEGO's and Momo ate everything from the cupboards!” The two oldest sisters glare at Mina who innocently looks at their mother. 

 

Jeongyeon looks at the clock again and whined out. “We really should go!” Nayeon chuckled at her childish antics as she wrapped the two in a tight bear hug. 

 

“Come home quickly, okay you two?” 

 

The two nod their heads as they gave each other a warm smile. “Of course, eomma.” They both say in unison. Nayeon smiles at the mention of “eomma” from Jeongyeon who usually says her first name. She exhausts a long sigh as she watched the other kids bid goodbye to the high school freshmen. 

 

Two down… Six more to go… 

 

——

 

The First Day of High School for the Same Aged Chingu’s

 

Sana stood in front of her bedroom mirror, taking deep breaths and smoothing the creases on her new uniform. She couldn’t believe how much she grew since two years ago. It would be a lie to say that some parts of her body didn’t develop… 

 

“— Sana!” Jeongyeon barged in the Same Aged Chingu’s room and squinted at the girl. “You’re going to be late for the orientation!” She yelled in a scolding tone, making Sana snap her head at Mina’s penguin-shaped clock. 

 

“!” She cursed and Jihyo walked by the room in a hurry to hear that. The human mic just shook her head in disappointment from the profanity as she grabbed her sister by the ear, dragging her to the living room where the others were waiting for her. Nayeon shows a sad smile as she watched the pair bicker with each other. Jihyo, Sana and Mina sat near the middle of the white couch as JeongMo filled the extra gaps except for Dahyun, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu who stood next to their mother. 

 

The mother felt the need to hold onto someone since she could feel the tears welling up. She wrapped her arms around Dahyun as the girl patted her head, comforting Nayeon. Jeongyeon notices the familiar look on Nayeon’s face and pouts when she looks at her three sisters, a proud smile crept on her face when she realizes that her sisters were all growing up. 


Nayeon calmed herself as she releases Dahyun and opens her arms, indicating that she needed her daily hugs. Mina giggled at how cute her mother was as she gladly ran towards her, leaping into her arms. Jihyo grins at the sight as she snuggled her way in the hug, meanwhile, Sana does the same. 

 

Momo looks at the time on her phone and gasped as she nudged Jeongyeon’s arm. “Uh… We should probably go…” She slowly states, still looking at the small group hug. Jeongyeon nods as she clapped her hands. 

 

She points at the Same Aged Chingu’s. “Okay, you three get in the car! I’m driving!” The oldest grins and everyone looks at her in fear. Momo drags the three out and Jeongyeon grabs the keys. 

 

“Please don’t crash my car.” Nayeon murmured to herself as she watched the five girls run out the house, meanwhile Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu waved goodbye as they silently prayed that they wouldn’t get in a car crash. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, this is the school eomma went?” Jihyo asked as Jeongyeon nodded, parking the car. Sana watched with bright eyes as she obviously stared at the people in front of the high school. Momo notices as she looks in amusement. 

 

She taps Sana’s shoulder and the latter looks away out of embarrassment when she sees a student glaring at her. Momo chuckles at her. “Don’t mind them. There are some people who are like that.” Sana slowly nods as they all got out of their car, hearing muffled murmurs of the students. 

 

“Who’s that with Jeongyeon-sunbae and Momo-sunbae?” 

 

“Who cares? They’re totally hot!” 

 

Jeongyeon resisted the urge to roll her eyes and punch the junior’s face. Momo shoots a deadly glare as she walks behind Mina, Sana and Jihyo who linked their arms together. 

 

The eldest pair stops midways in the halls to lecture their younger sisters. “Don’t do anything embarrassing.” Momo focuses her eyes on Sana who looks offended that her sister was directing the command at her.


“Don’t say anything embarrassing.” Jeongyeon added as she fixed the collar of Mina’s uniform, meanwhile, Momo touches up Jihyo’s bangs with her fingertips. 

 

“Meet us in the cafeteria during lunch and be nice to all of your teachers.” The peach shows a wide smile as Jihyo nervously smiles back. 

 

“Now, go to your orientation.” Jeongyeon slaps Sana’s back, pushing the three to the way of the school’s gymnasium. “They grow up so fast.” The eldest fakes a tear and Momo shows a sad smile as she watched the three walked with their arms linked together.

 

“Do you think Dahyun will survive her first day?” The dancer asked in a curious tone and Jeongyeon quietly chuckled. 

 

“Not a chance.” 

 

——

 

The First Day of High School for Dahyun

 

“EOMMA, PLEASE DON’T MAKE DAHYUN GO TO HIGH SCHOOL!” Chaeyoung yelled out from her bedroom. She tied two jump-rumps around Dahyun’s ankles and tied the other end to their shared bunk-bed.

 

Dahyun furrows her eyebrows at one of the two girls who have not experienced high school yet. “Yah, Chaeyoung-ah!” She yelled out in frustration that she couldn’t untie the knots in the skipping rope. “Unnie is just going to school like the other unnies!” The pale girl continued to fiddle with the rope tied around her ankle. 

 

Tzuyu walks into the room from the bathroom and the girl wolf-whistles when she sees the chaos. “I think I’m going to…” The maknae starts to walk backward, heading her way out of the room. “—Not be a part of this.” She flashes a cute smile as she sprints with all of her power down the halls. The last thing Tzuyu wanted was to get a beating at seven in the morning by Nayeon. 

 

It was as if time stopped when Chaeyoung and Dahyun looked at each other. The two stood frozen in their spots not knowing what to do, then Dahyun gives a challenging look to her sister. 

 

“Untie me and I will buy you your favourite strawberry shakes.” The older girl offered, making Chaeyoung quirk her eyebrows in interest. 

 

The younger girl hums to herself as she places her index finger on her chin, pretending to her imaginary mustache. “…Deal!” She extends her hand out and Dahyun happily shakes it with a platonic smirk on her face as Chaeyoung bends down to untie the skipping ropes.

 

Dahyun shakes her head in amusement and stands up to place a hand on her sister’s shoulder. Her sister can be so naive sometimes. “You’ve been through this routine for years, Chaeyoung.” Dahyun reminiscences about her older sisters’ first day of high school. The godly amount of times Nayeon always managed to cry after the unnies left was unbearable. It breaks the girl’s heart knowing that her mother may end up crying over her when she first steps out of the house. 

 

Chaeyoung frowns as she looks down in disappointment. “I know… It’s just that we won’t have our captain with us in our School Meal Club.” Dahyun’s facial expressions soften as she pulls the girl into a tight hug. 

 

“You midget.” She says in a cute voice and pats the younger girl’s head. “To be honest with you, I thought Tzuyu would be the one clinging onto my leg, but instead I ended up getting tied to my own bed by someone whom I never thought would admit they would miss me.” Dahyun cooed at the second youngest, planting a soft kiss and ruffling her short hair. 

 

The latter frowns at Dahyun wrecking her hair and crosses her arms. “I’m being serious! Who is going to take care of Tzuyu?” She asked in a serious tone, worrying over the maknae and all Dahyun could do was grin ear to ear. 

 

“You.” She shoved her finger in Chaeyoung’s face. The girl could only look confused at her sister. “Promise me that you’ll take care of Tzuyu for another year and then when it’s your turn to go to high school, I will take care of both of you.” She looks into her eyes to tell the younger girl that she was serious about her promise. 

 

“Seriously?” The girl asks in disbelief as she looks with hopeful eyes and Dahyun nods in response. 

 

The pale girl smiles brightly. “Seriously.” She raises her right hand above her forehead and readies her position to salute at her comrade. 

 

“Salute!” Dahyun looks up high with pride and Chaeyoung giggles as she follows her lead. 

 

The younger girl takes two steps forwards as she salutes back. “Salute!” She cheered out and their head snaps towards the sounds of laughter from outside their room. There stood the rest of the family with grins eating their faces and Nayeon could only shake her head, not even bothering to give a straight look.


“I surely raise some weird kids.” She clicked her tongues, pretending to be disappointed and then felt Jihyo nudge her arm. 

 

“Your weird kids.” She proudly stated, earning wide smiles from the other kids. 

 

——

 

The First Day of High School for the Maknaes

 

“Tzuyu, hold my hand.” Chaeyoung demanded with a shaky voice as the two stood in front of the high school. Tzuyu gulped as she did what she was told and the two maknaes looked at each other in concern. 

 

The artist whispered out as she stared at the students. “Those people are tall…” Tzuyu shoots a glare as she quipped an eyebrow at Chaeyoung.

 

“That seems like a 'you' problem.” The taller girl teased as she looked up and down at Chaeyoung, making the latter groan at her. 

 

She slaps her shoulder and whined out. “Can you not make fun of my height today!? Believe it or not, as soon as we walk through those doors, you’ll be my only friend.” 


Tzuyu playfully rolls her eyes. “Oh gosh, I’m going to be stuck with you for four years?” She asked in a sarcastic tone and Chaeyoung reaches out, ready to grab Tzuyu by the neck. 

 

She angrily muttered under her breath. “Why, you little savage— “ 

 

“Okay!” Mina quickly interrupted the two as she stood in between them, pushing them away from each other. “If it makes you feel any better, Chaengie. You’ll be stuck with me for another two years.” She flashed a wide smile and Jihyo pops up from behind her shoulder. 

 

“Me too!” She yelled out and Sana also waved, excitedly shouting that she would never leave the maknae’s side. 

 

“Welcome to hell.” Momo stated with a boring voice, spinning the car keys around her fingers and Dahyun shakes her head in disappointment, knowing that the girl never liked school. 

 

“Good thing, she’s graduating this year.” The pale girl whispered to Jeongyeon who quietly snickered as she nodded in agreement. 

 

“So, did Nayeon cry again?” The oldest sister asked out of curiosity since she was the first person to leave the house, using her own car. Tzuyu grinned as the flashbacks of Nayeon curling into a little ball on their carpet and silently begging for the two to not grow up so fast, all flashed in her head. 

 

“Like a baby.” Chaeyoung smirked at her sisters but then it was replaced with a frown. “It must be so lonely in the house now…” She whispered as she looked down in disappointment.


“Don’t worry, we know eomma will be there for us when we get home. Right?” Sana says in a reassuring tone, making everyone nod their heads. She links arms with Jihyo and Mina, making the other sisters do the same as they formed a human chain, and the older sisters looked at the two freshmen students. 

 

“Ready?” Jihyo asked with a smile on her face, looking at Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. 

 

The two take glances at each other, giving each other firm nods. “Ready.” They both said in unison as they all walked into the school together. 

 

——

 

It would be an understatement to say that the eight girls were the most popular in the high school, but if they were known as the children of Im Nayeon, the valedictorian and star-student of Harlem Multi Art School, they were definitely popular as every student and staff knew them. However, high school was still high school and everyone went through their rough times. 

 

“How can someone be related and not have the same last name?” A very dumb jock asked Sana who was dumbfounded by the question. Mina and Jihyo who stood behind the girl were starting to get irritated by the boy. 

 

“Well… We’re adopted…” She shyly confessed and the boy started to laugh at her face, making the three girls glare at him. 

 

He clutched his stomach as he pretended to wipe a tear off his face. “I bet you don’t even know your real parents!” He pointed at the girl like it was the funniest thing and Sana took a sharp breath. 

 

    Rule #1 of Being An Adopted Kid 

 

    Do not let anyone disrespect your real/foster parent(s) or guardian(s).

 

“I think I will take my leave now.” The Japanese stated in a sassy tone, earning an eyebrow raise from the boy. The three sisters were about to leave until Sana felt someone grab her wrist. 

 

She looked back to see the boy has a tight grip and smirked at her. “Can I at least get your number?” 

 

Jihyo protectively stands in front of Sana and shows a pretty smile as she batted her eyelashes. “Sure, how about I give it to you?” The boy smiles for a second until Jihyo fully swings her leg at the boy’s private area, making him drop to the ground and releasing the tight grip on Sana’s wrist. 

 

“How about you take that for a number?” Mina spat out as herself and Jihyo led Sana away from the scene. 

 

It was safe to say that Sana, Mina and Jihyo had their fair share of boys in the school. Meanwhile, Jeongyeon and Momo weren’t any better. 


“Did you see that guy eyeing Dahyun like she was a toy that he can play with!?” Jeongyeon angrily muttered as she slammed her lunch tray on the table. Momo looks her with wide eyes with full of food. 

 

“Eh? When?” She frantically looked around and Jeongyeon nudges her arm towards the direction of the boy who intently staring at Dahyun with a smug smile on her face. The girl was just waiting in line for her lunch, talking to some classmates from her math class. 


Momo furrows her eyebrows in anger. “He’s a player, Jeong.” The girl stated, already familiar with the social groups in the school. The latter nodded as she aggressively took a bite out of her sandwich. 

 

“I’m aware of that, Mo.” She bluntly says, keeping her full attention on their sister. Her eyebrows subconsciously raise as she watches the boy cooly approached Dahyun. “Yah, yah, yah!” She nudges Momo’s arm, making her spill the milk she was drinking. The oldest shows a look of apology and the two quickly got up from their seats, storming towards Dahyun and the boy.

 

Jeongyeon stands in front of Dahyun as she crosses her arms. “What are you doing, Heechul?” She coldly spat out and Heechul raises his hands in defeat, but anyone could tell he was enjoying the attention. 

 

“Nothing, Jeongyeon.” He gives a quick glare and then looks back at Dahyun. “Just talking to your beautiful sister.” He said in a sleazy voice, making the said girl blush from the embarrassment. Heechul then makes sure to give a quick wink and Momo fumes at the disgusting sight. 

 

“Give another wink and we’ll punch your face.” Momo threatened and Heechul quirks an eyebrow at the girl. 

 

“Or what?” He seductively says to Momo, checking the girl out. Jeongyeon smirks at him, readying her dominant fist. 

 

“Or this.” She quickly said, landing her fist on Heechul’s ‘perfect’ face. 

 

A student with two milk cartons on their lunch tray was walking by the scene and Momo thought it was a genius idea to grab one of the milk cartons and dump the contents on Heechul’s head. Jeongyeon covered out of shock, laughing at the boy and Dahyun does the same, thinking that’s what the boy deserved, knowing his reputation in the school. 

 

Heechul gasps as he tries to shake the milk out of his hair. Sadly, a teacher witnessed the scene in the cafeteria and Jeongyeon, Momo and Dahyun were sent home. The school ended up giving JeongMo two weeks worth of detention and Dahyun received a week of detention (when she had done literally nothing) and Nayeon was forced to walk in her old school’s office to pick up the three. 

 

The principal shook his head in disappointment as he watched from his office, Nayeon high-fiving her kids for doing the right thing. They all laugh as Nayeon decided to take them out for ice cream. 

 

And for Tzuyu and Chaeyoung…? 

 

“LISTEN, EVERYBODY!” Jihyo was given a megaphone but she pushes it back in Sana’s hands, knowing that her specialty was her loud voice. All of the student’s heads snapped towards the girl who stood on a bench in the school-yard. Chaeyoung weirdly looks at her as she was suddenly pulled up to stand on the bench along with Tzuyu. 

 

“THESE TWO FRESHMEN ARE MY SISTERS!” She put the emphasis on the word, “sisters”, as she shot glares at everyone. “GO NEAR THEM AND YOU’LL FEEL THE WRATH OF OUR FAMILY.” Jihyo threatened and Sana decided to put the megaphone in her hand to use. 

 

“JUST A REMINDER THAT THERE IS NINE PEOPLE IN OUR FAMILY AND OUR MOTHER IS NOT AFRAID TO FIGHT!” The students quickly looked away, not wanting to be a part of a fight with the huge family. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu just stood on the bench with red faces, feeling embarrassed as their older sisters pinched their cheeks. Later that day, the girls came home and Nayeon cackled for four hours as Mina retold the story about sixty times and a pouty Tzuyu and Chaeyoung sat on the couch, all sulky about what happened in school.

 

Now, Nayeon was in a dilemma as she stood in her messy living room that was trashed with red cups, streamers and colourful balloons. Jeongyeon was passed out on the couch, wearing a party hat. Chaeyoung had her head in the pot of their plant. While the GFriend staff were all sprawled out in a circle on their carpet and the rest of her kids, she couldn’t imagine what happened to them. On her way inside the trashed house, she found Momo on the lawn, singing a song to herself in an obvious drunk state. 

 

She walked to the kitchen and decided to have a cold glass of water to wake her up. 

 

This is a dream. This has to be a dream.

 

She took deep breaths and remembered that she had stocked plastic water bottles in the fridge. She opens the fridge and screams out loud when she sees a sleeping Mina squished in there. 

 

“MINA, WHAT THE HECK!? YOU’RE CRAZY, YOU LITTLE BRAT!” The mother yelled out of shock and Mina wakes up from the loud voice. She subconsciously plugs her ears from the loud noise and quietly groaned. 

 

“Eomma… You’re too loud…” She closes her eyes again, going away to dreamland and Nayeon couldn’t take it anymore as she took more deep breaths, readying herself to scream at the top of her lungs. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon managed to find Tzuyu in the backyard, stuck on top of a tree. Then, she found Sana and Jihyo sleeping on these beach chairs that Nayeon has never bought or seen in her life. She drags all of the kids that were outside, inside the house and grabbed a pitcher of cold water, splashing it on the GFriend cafe staff workers who immediately woke up. 

 

“Ah! What the…” Yerin rubbed her head as she looked around with wide eyes and met the fiery eyes of Nayeon. She nervously chuckled as Umji rubbed her eyes and froze when she saw the mother standing in front of her. The rest of the adults wake up, wondering what the heck happened. 

 

Nayeon rolled her eyes as she counted the number of kids in the room. “5… 6… 7…” She paused when she noticed the birthday girl wasn’t present. “Where’s Dahyun?” She asked in a firm tone, not being amused from this. 

 

Sowon winces at the booming voice and shrugs her shoulders. “I really have no idea.” Then, a horrible noise from the piano was played and the top of the instrument opens, revealing a very tired Dahyun popping out. 

 

“Ugh…” The girl groaned out and Nayeon sighed in relief, knowing that the birthday girl was okay but was in very big trouble. 

 

“You have twenty-seconds to wake up my kids and please get Chaeyoung’s head out of that plant.” The mother begged as she pinched the bridge of her nose and the GFriend staff frantically looked around, each of them going to the nearest kid in the room and trying every method to wake them up. 

 

After exactly the amount of time Nayeon gave them, her children were all sitting on the couch, squishing beside each other since they had grown a lot in the past few years. Nayeon places her fists on her waist as she started to yell at everyone including the GFriend staff, who sat on the floor. 

 

“Someone better start explaining or else you’re grounded for life!” She glared at everyone and the girls could only stay silent as they looked down ashamed. “Did you have a party? Is that why my house reeks of alcohol!?” She asked in a threatening voice and Dahyun shrunk under Nayeon’s glare. 

 

“Yes…” She murmured very quietly under her breath, earning looks of betrayal from her sisters and Nayeon nudges her head towards her. 

 

“What did you say, Kim Dahyun?” The mother asked wanting an answer. Dahyun looks at her hopeful sisters that she would not snitch on them and she hesitantly answers.

 

She spoke out louder. “Yes!” The girls groan out loud as they slapped their foreheads. 

 

“Thanks a lot, Dahyun.” Jeongyeon whispered, knowing that they were really in big trouble and Momo sighed as she pouted at her mother. 

 

“Eomma, it may look bad— “ The second oldest tried to reason but only received another glare from the woman. Momo immediately quiets down, slumping her shoulders, all of the sudden had nothing to say in defense and Mina decided to in. 

 

“We wanted to give Dahyun the best sixteenth birthday!” She says in an excited voice, trying to lift the mood but Nayeon shook her head in disappointment. 

 

“Could you at least please explain how this happened?” The mother was already stressed out, thinking about how much she would have to clean the house. She grabs a chair from nearby and places it in front of the couch, facing the girls. She buried her face in her hands and rubbed the tense muscles. “Let’s start with the oldest.” Nayeon points at Jeongyeon, making the girl baffled by the sudden request. 

 

“And I want to know everything. Including why these dorks are here.” She looks at the GFriend staff, only to earn offended looks from each person. 

 

Jeongyeon sighed in defeat as she felt everyone’s eyes on her. “Well… We never meant for it to get this worse…” 

 

——

 

Eleven Hours Before Dahyun’s Sixteenth Birthday Party

 

“Happy birthday, Dubu!” Nayeon exclaimed as she tackled the teenager to the floor and tightly wrapped her arms around her. Dahyun winced out in pain as she felt her lungs getting crushed. She had just woken up and she made a mental reminder for the future, to tape pillows to herself to prevent her falls. 

 

“T-thank you, eomma.” She stammered out, tapping on the floor to tell the mother to give mercy. Nayeon chuckles as she harshly slaps her back. “I’m surprised you didn’t break your own back from doing that.” Dahyun age, making her mother roll her eyes at her. 

 

“Breakfast is already ready in the kitchen.” She says with a big smile, ignoring Dahyun’s comment and leaves to grab something from her bedroom. The birthday girl immediately smiles as she walks into the kitchen to smell the delicious pancakes being made by the famous Yoo Jeongyeon. 

 

Momo acts like a gentleman as she pushes out Dahyun’s chair for her and the girl happily sits, thanking her older sister. Momo kindly smiles as she takes a seat beside Dahyun, giving her a side-hug. “I can’t believe you’re sixteen already.” She wiped away the tears that were starting to form. “I remember when we found you when you were four… We’ve been through so much together, I’m glad to have you by my side, Kim Dahyun.” The two smile at each other as Momo gently pats her head and the maknaes walk by, ruffling Dahyun’s hair. 

 

“Morning, unnie!” Chaeyoung chirped out, grabbing a plate and placing it in front of the birthday girl. Tzuyu grabs a glass, filling it with orange juice and then placing it beside the empty place. 

 

Jihyo walks into the room and Jeongyeon plugs her ears, knowing what was going to happen. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” She yelled out, her voice echoing throughout the whole house and Mina shows an amused look as she traps Dahyun in a headlock and gave a light kiss on her head. 

 

“Happy birthday, eagle.” She quietly whispered, her voice still a little raspy from the deep sleep. Sana bounces in the kitchen with Nayeon following her, silently judging her daughter and the Japanese immediately pecks Dahyun’s cheek, already showing her daily affection. 

 

“Happy birthday, Dahyun-ah!” She cutely said and the latter grimaces at the kiss, aggressively rubbing the spot where Sana kissed. Dahyun was never fond of affection, but she still smiled with all of her teeth. 

 

“Thank you everyone. Seriously…” She shows a fond look as she held Momo’s hand, watching as everyone else took their designated spots at the table. Jeongyeon proudly cheered out as she places the pancakes that were already decorated with chocolate syrup and whip cream on Dahyun’s plate. The oldest sister drew a heart and added some fruit on the sides, but made sure to put as much chocolate since Dahyun loved chocolate. 

 

“Oh yeah!” Nayeon almost forgot out as she revealed a familiar red box and Dahyun gasped even more. 

 

“Is that Choco Pies!?” Dahyun shouted as the mother eagerly nodded, sliding the box down the table towards the birthday girl. Jeongyeon pouts as she looked at her pancakes, comparing it to her mother’s gift. Dahyun notices this and pulls on Jeongyeon’s sweater sleeve. 

 

“Thank you for the pancakes, unnie.” She says in a genuine tone and Jeongyeon’s eyes disappear as she smiles at her sister. 

 

“No problem, Dahyun!” She beamed out as she proceeded to place pancakes on everyone else’s plates. Nayeon smirks at the girl and points her fork at her. 

 

“Will our Dahyun receive many gifts at school today?” Making the said girl furiously blush at the statement. Tzuyu wiggled her eyebrows as she smiled ear to ear. 

 

“Of course, she will.” She says in a knowing tone, making the birthday girl shakes her head out of kindness as she formed an “X” with her arms. 

 

She repeatedly disagreed with the maknae. “No, Tzuyu.” Dahyun gives the girl a knowing look and Tzuyu shrugs her shoulders, still having that smug smile on her face. She then looks back at her mother who mirrors the same expression. “Eomma!” The girl called out, she really thinks no one at school even knows it’s her birthday today. 

 

Nayeon places her utensils on the table as she gives a tight smile. “Okay…” She singsonged, making the other girls laugh at her. The laughter dies down as Nayeon announced something. “I have disappointing news.” The mother frowned and Jihyo started to whisper to herself. 

 

“Oh, please lord. Have mercy on us.” She silently begged, earning a harsh nudge from Jeongyeon. 

 

Nayeon quirks an eyebrow, telling herself to ignore Jihyo and Chaeyoung slams the table with her fist, pointing at the woman as if she knew exactly what she was going to say. “You’re adopting another child, right!?” She shouted out excitedly, making everyone else bicker that there were too many people in one household. 

 

The mother groaned out loud as she rubbed her forehead, silently cursing at the naive Chaeyoung. “No!” She yelled out, quieting her children. “How many times do I have to tell you guys that we are not adopting anymore, I already think we’re a perfect family.” She smiles at each one of her kids, grabbing a hold of Mina’s hand. “My bad news is I won’t be here tonight to celebrate Dahyun’s birthday.” 

 

“EH!?” They all yelled in confusion, making Nayeon nod her head in regret. 

 

“JYP really needs my help with the dance company and he even feels sorry that he’s making me do this today.” The man was so stressed that he ended up forgetting Dahyun’s birthday was coming soon, so that is why he asked Nayeon to help with the major stuff regarding the company and is making her sit through every meeting. 


Dahyun’s shoulders slumped down as she leaned back in her chair. “So, you won’t be here for the whole night?” The girl frowns in disappointment, making Nayeon sigh at the sight. 

 

“I’ll try my best to come back before midnight and we’ll celebrate, but it would be best if you girls just went out to a restaurant and eat good food. Okay?” The mother suggested and everyone weakly nodded at the offer. This would be the first time Nayeon was not present to celebrate one of the girl’s birthdays. The woman checks the clock to find out that she was running late to meet JYP. “Oh my gosh, I have to go.” She quickly sat up and ran over to give the birthday girl a kiss on the forehead. 

 

“BE GOOD TODAY!” She yelled out before running out of the house with her bag. The room was filled with silence as they all looked at each other, not knowing what to do. 

 

“Now what are we going to do? Wait for eomma?” Sana asked, making Jeongyeon and Momo smirk. 

 

“How about we have a party?” The girl suggested, raising her eyebrows and Jihyo absolutely refused the idea. 

 

“No way! We should do what eomma told us to do and then wait for her to come home.” She answered in a strict tone and Momo chuckles at her, already on board with Jeongyeon. 

 

“Or we can invite everyone at the school to our house, buy some snacks and have an awesome birthday party for Dahyun?” The two eldest leaned in towards Dahyun who was panicking at the situation. 

 

Jeongyeon smirked at the girl. “So, birthday girl… What do you want to do?” Dahyun nervously gripped the end of the table until her knuckles turned white, sweat dripping down her neck. 

 

We’re officially going to die. 

 

She thought as she took a big gulp of her orange juice and slowly places the glass back on the table, preparing herself to say her answer. “Let’s do it.” Jeongyeon and Momo both jump in joy as they high-fived each other, while the other sisters could only look at each other ashamed. 

 

“You brats.” Mina called out, stopping the two from jumping. “You’ve been planning to do this for a long time, haven’t you?” She asked in a knowing tone, making Momo cross her arms, looking offended at the assumption. 

 

“Why would you think that, Mina-chan?” She began to speak in Japanese. “Jeongyeon just happened to think of the idea in the midst of the moment.” The girl paused, showing a devious look. “Although, we have always wanted to throw a party before we graduated.” She ended with a wink, making Mina roll her eyes at her sisters. 

 

Chaeyoung whispered in Tzuyu’s ear. “They do know we can understand Japanese too?” She asked out of curiosity and Tzuyu shrugs her shoulders, muttering under her breath that maybe their Japanese sisters forgot. It has been a long time since they have spoken Japanese. 

 

“Wait.” Mina leaned in closer to the oldest sisters, not wanting the maknaes to be a part of the conversation. “What about those two?” She nudged her head towards Chaeyoung and Tzuyu who were only paying attention to their food.

 

Jeongyeon squints her eyes in confusion. “What about them?”

 

“We cannot let them party.” Jihyo interjected with a frown on her face.

 

“Why not?” Momo whined out, making Sana glare at her.

 

“They’re freshmen students.” The girl stated and Jeongyeon throws her head back in disbelief.

 

“Chaeyoung is literally a year younger than Dahyun.” The eldest pointed at the birthday girl who remained silent, not knowing how to get her two closest sisters to the party. “I’m pretty sure this is called discrimination against others.” 

 

Sana sighs out loud. “It’s different with Dahyun. It’s her party!” She harshly whispered. “Those two are literal kids!” She nudged her head towards Tzuyu who had a slice of orange in , smiling as wide as she could, making Chaeyoung laugh as she balances a spoon on her nose.

 

The older unnies went back to looking at Jihyo who crosses her arm, thinking of a plan. “Fine. Chaeyoung can come only if she sticks with one of us for the whole time. Meanwhile, Tzuyu stays in her room for the whole party.” 

 

Momo groaned at her proposal. “That is so not cool, Jihyo. You know Tzuyu and Chaeyoung are inseparable.” 

 

“Do you really want our innocent fourteen-year-old sister to be roaming around with guys who are probably going to flirt with her? Look at her, that girl is a masterpiece!” She states out of envy for their youngest sister who was blessed with great genes. “Besides, I’m sure they’ll be inseparable when we announce Chaeyoung can come to the party. You have no idea on how curious that baby cub is.” 

 

“All t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter