Chaeyoung's Fourteenth Birthday (bonus chapter 3/9)

Im Nayeon and the Eight Kids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Chaeyoung is turning fourteen. Jeongyeon, Momo, Jihyo and Mina are sixteen years old. Sana is fifteen. Dahyun is fourteen and Tzuyu is thirteen. Nayeon is twenty-six. I apologize in advance for the grammar and spelling mistakes.

“MY BABIES ARE GROWING UP SO FAST!” Nayeon cried out as she tightly hugged Jeongyeon and Momo. The two look at each other in pain as Nayeon was crushing their lungs, making it impossible to breathe. 

 

“Okay! Okay!” Momo managed to breathe out as she pushes herself out of her mother’s hug while Jeongyeon does the same. Nayeon pouts at her eldest daughters and Sana who was watching the whole interaction from the couch, ran in to give a big bear hug to her mother. 

 

“It’s okay, you can hug me!” She excitedly says and Nayeon chuckles at her as she gives a quick kiss on her cheek, enlightening the daughter who loved affection. After Sana indirectly saves the two, they run off to go bother Mina who is probably playing games on her phone. While Dahyun and Jihyo have lessons, and Chaeyoung and Tzuyu went out to get something. 

 

The family of nine still live in the same house, but there have been many changes. Nayeon no longer works at the pet store or the furniture store as JYP offered a very high position at his dance company. She happily accepted the offer, hoping to get closer to the girls who all enjoyed dancing. Specifically, Momo and Mina who loved to dance, has made a famous impact in the dance industry as many scouts are hoping to recruit the two. Sana, Tzuyu and Jeongyeon were also offered proposals to become K-Pop trainees because of their beautiful appearances but they declined, knowing that singing wasn’t their passion. (A/N: oh the irony) Jihyo is still singing like always, but she is now writing songs on her own time. The family would read her lyrics with a proud smile on their faces. Nayeon thought Dahyun would do well in playing piano but the mother never expected for her to turn out to be a piano prodigy. The tofu mastered the skills on how to sight-read and to differentiate by ear on what notes were playing. And finally, Son Chaeyoung was still interested in the arts, hoping to become a huge artist like her role model, Vincent van Gogh. 

 

The only thing Nayeon was worried about the upcoming birthday girl was that she was the only girl in the family who has not experienced the symptoms of starting puberty. She knew Chaeyoung was honest at most times and would go to her or her sisters if there was something… Bothering her. 

 

She remembered when Momo was the first out of the eight kids to experience their first period. 

 

“Eomma!” Nine-year-old Momo shook her awake from her deep sleep. Nayeon groaned as Momo quickly ran to turn on the bedroom lights, making the mother groan louder from the bright lights. She looks at digital to see that it was midnight. 

 

“Moguri, it’s late at night!” She huffed out in annoyance. “Why are you awake?” Nayeon rubbed her eyes and Momo looks at her with eyes filled with horror. “Did you have a bad dream?” Her voice was hoarse but Momo shook her head. She watched as the blonde-haired girl twisted her foot around, not knowing how to explain this to her mom. 

 

“I think I’m bleeding…” She shyly says with pink cheeks and Nayeon an eyebrow, not getting the situation since the kids and herself haven’t had the talk. Momo points down to her private area and says it again. “I think I’m…” 

 

Nayeon’s eyes bulged out as she suddenly realizes what Momo was trying to say. She jumps out of bed, picking the girl up and running to the bathroom. She locks the door and tells Momo to remain calm but it was more of a reminder to herself. 

 

After a serious talk in the bathroom, Momo was reassured that what was happening to her was totally normal and understood that in the future, her other sisters would experience this, meaning that she wouldn’t be alone. Years later, most of the girls except Chaeyoung got their periods. Nayeon also wondered if Chaeyoung would grow taller, the girl was practically a midget!

 

Speaking of the midget— person. Chaeyoung walks in the house with Tzuyu who was eating an ice cream cone, holding a bag filled with something. Knowing the little girl, it had to be art supplies. Sana was clinging onto Nayeon until she saw her two sisters and ran off to give a hug to their maknaes. 

 

“Sana-unnie!” Tzuyu whined as the girl relentlessly takes a bite out of Tzuyu’s ice cream. Sana shrugs her shoulder as she runs off before her mother or Tzuyu could scold her. Tzuyu gasps at the sight of the big bite and sprints after Sana, holding onto the cone. 

 

“Don’t spill that, Chou Tzuyu!” Nayeon yelled out and looks at Chaeyoung, but more specifically at the bag. “What’d you bring home this time with my money?” She gives a glint to Chaeyoung and the girl giggles at her. 

 

“Don’t worry, eomma. I bought your tortillas.” She fishes the item out of the bag and Nayeon notices a huge brick of clay in there. She raised her eyebrow, imagining all of the accidents that will happen with the material. Chaeyoung notices and starts to explain. “There was extra money so I bought this to make a sculpture.” She nervously chuckled as Nayeon crosses her arms. She points at where Tzuyu and Sana ran off. “I bought the girl ice cream though! Am I not the sweetest sister?” She asks in a hoping tone that Nayeon won’t get mad. 

 

The mother sighs, uncrossing her arms and letting them dangle to the sides. “Okay.” She rolled her eyes and the little cub was immediately happy with the response. “But not in your bedroom, Chaeyoung. I doubt Tzuyu and Dahyun will want to sleep with little bits of clay stuck in their hair.” The girl salutes like a soldier and starts preparing her “studio” in the living room. 

 

Nayeon quietly observes Chaeyoung as she stands from a distance, not wanting to get her clothes dirty. Personally, she’s never seen Chaeyoung in the process of making the art, she’s only seen or received the finish products. 

 

The girl was too quiet as she pouts her lip in concentration, carefully running her hands through the clay. Nayeon tilts her head in confusion, trying to distinct on what Chaeyoung was making. Minutes later, the mother could see the little artist drawing something on the sculpture that looked like a little cup. 

 

‘World’s Best Mom’ 

 

Nayeon blushed in embarrassment as Chaeyoung looks at her with a giddy smile. 

 

“Do you like it, eomma?” Her eyes shined bright and Nayeon nodded at her. 

 

She responds in a sincere tone, trying not to cry at the kind action. “I love it, Chaeyoung.” Nayeon shows a wide smile and Chaeyoung goes back to working on her cup. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ahhh.” The tiger cub sighed out as she plops on the seat near the dinner table. She just put her creation in the microwave. Jihyo walks into the kitchen to grab an apple but stops when she sees Chaeyoung slumping. 

 

“You’re already done your clay thing?” She was impressed that Chaeyoung didn’t take long. Jihyo came home ten minutes ago to find a whole clay studio that was set up by the little girl in the living room. She put the pieces together and figured that Chaeyoung was making something artistic. 

 

Chaeyoung slowly nods and points at the microwave. “Yeah, I put it in there.” She innocently says, making Jihyo’s eyes pop out.

 

Jihyo stares at the sculpture that is rotating through the glass of the microwave. “CHAEYOUNG YOU DON’T MICROWAVE CLAY!” She should’ve known that the little girl would forget this. Chaeyoung’s mouth drops and the sounds of clay exploding was heard in the microwave. 

 

The two shriek out loud and Mina comes running in the kitchen with her phone in hand. “WHAT IS GOING— AH!” Another loud pop came from the microwave and Mina managed to press the stop button. 

 

The three stepped away from the machine that is letting off a little smoke and Mina grabs baking mittens to push a simple button to open the microwave. They cringe at the sight of Chaeyoung’s destroyed mug and how all of the clay was splattered everywhere. 

 

“Well... This isn’t going to be fun to explain.” Jihyo sarcastically says as she starts cleaning up the clay mess. Mina follows her lead and starts doing the same, Chaeyoung attempts to help but Mina stops her.

 

“How about you go play outside with Momo and Jeongyeon?” Mina smiles at her but Chaeyoung knew that her sisters were annoyed at her foolish actions. She reluctantly nodded like a scolded kid and walked to their front door. 

 

She saw the two eldest sisters playing baseball in the front yard. Jeongyeon notices her little sister’s mood and offers for the girl to play with them.

 

“What do you do?” Chaeyoung didn’t really know how to play the sport. Jeongyeon passes her a baseball bat and orders for the girl to step in front of her. Jeongyeon takes a few steps back and Momo stands behind Chaeyoung, ready to catch the ball.

 

“When I throw this ball, hit it with the bat. Got it?” Jeongyeon asked and Chaeyoung nodded. She gripped the bat and squinted her eyes at the ball that was coming towards her. 

 

Closer.

 

And closer...

 

A little too close. 

 

Chaeyoung was hit in the face by the ball and her whole body immediately hit the ground. Jeongyeon froze on the spot and Momo gasped as she ran to Chaeyoung who was now out. 

 

“OH MY GOD JEONGYEON!?” She yelled out in disbelief. The dancer quickly slaps Chaeyoung’s face hoping that the girl would wake up. Sighs of relief were heard from the two as Chaeyoung’s eyes opened and slowly sat up, rubbing the spot where she was hit.

 

Jeongyeon crouches down to her level. “Aha... Sorry, Chaeng.” She awkwardly laughed out and Chaeyoung glares at her. 

 

The little girl rubs the bruised spot and slaps Jeongyeon’s shoulder. “THAT HURT A LOT UNNIE! I’m telling eomma!” She threatened and JeongMo started to panic at the mention of their mother.

 

The two went on their knees and pleaded for the girl. “Please don’t tell Nayeon this!” Jeongyeon looked with desperate eyes.

 

“I didn’t even hurt you, but I already know I’m gonna get in trouble for not stopping Jeongyeon!” Momo cried out, earning a side glare from the eldest. Chaeyoung quirks an eyebrow as she thought of an idea.

 

“Okay... How about you be my slaves until it’s my birthday?” The girl smirks, already using her blackmailing skills. Their mouths drop at the proposal and shake their heads, refusing to be the midget’s slaves. 

 

“No way!” Momo shouted in an offended tone. “That’s... Barbaric!” Jeongyeon looks at Momo impressed that the girl knows how to use that word. 

 

Chaeyoung crosses her arms. “Oh, well I guess I have to call eomma here.” Momo and Jeongyeon frantically shake their hands, signaling for the girl to stay quiet. Chaeyoung opens her loud mouth, but only to be stopped by Jeongyeon who places her hand over it.

 

“Okay! Only because your birthday is in three days...” Jeongyeon rolls her eyes and Chaeyoung smirks as they link pinky fingers to make an official promise. The two look at a pouting Momo who defeatedly accepts the proposal.

 

——

 

The day before Chaeyoung’s Fourteenth Birthday

 

“Chaeyoung is literally killing us with all of these stupid tasks!” Jeongyeon yelled out, taking a sip out of the hot tea. Momo nodded along too tired from their little sister. They sat in GFriend’s cafe and SinB approaches them.

 

“Hey, kids.” She pats their heads, grabbing another chair to sit beside the two. “How’s life?” She had a bright smile, annoyingly poking Momo’s shoulder.

 

“Life will be great after Chaeyoung’s birthday.” Momo bluntly answered and SinB shows a questioning look. 

 

“We sort of did something that we should’ve not done and now we’re practically Chaeyoung’s slaves.” Jeongyeon explained. SinB’s mouth curves into an “o” as she slowly nods, processing the information. “She’s been asking for a huge amount of art materials!” She emphasized, showing an imaginary amount with her hands.

 

“Yeah! And she refuses to tell us what it’s for!” Momo huffed out. “Those things are expensive!” The two looked dead inside but SinB couldn’t help but chuckle at how cute they looked.

 

The cafe worker leans her elbow on the table. “How about this? The next time Chaeyoung asks for something, text me and I’ll buy it with my money.” She kindly offered, earning shocked looks from the two.

 

“SERIOUSLY!?” They yell out in unison. SinB nods as she smiles at them.

 

“Her birthday is coming soon, so it’s the least I could do.” She cooly said and the sixteen-year-olds pounced on her to give her hugs.

 

“Thank you unnie!” Momo places a quick peck on the worker’s cheek and Jeogyeon snuggles her head on her shoulder. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun walks into her bedroom that she shared with Tzuyu and Chaeyoung, and sees something tall and squared shape being covered by a white sheet. 

 

She tilts her head in curiosity, trying to figure out the object.

 

This must be one of Chaeyoung’s crazy creations... Maybe I’ll just take a little peek.

 

Dahyun is about to reach for the fabric until she hears a loud roar.

 

“Yah!” Her head snaps towards Chaeyoung who is pushing her hand away. Dahyun looks offended as she gasps at her sister.

 

“Hey, don’t talk to me like that! I’m older than you!” Chaeyoung rolls her eyes and ignores Dahyun’s comment. 

 

“You’re not allowed to look inside.” The younger girl strictly says as she tightly tucks the white tarp around her masterpiece. Dahyun watches in confusion, trying to figure out what Chaeyoung was doing.

 

“Well, you’re gonna show it to me someday. We live in the same room!” Dahyun tried to reason with her and Chaeyoung pushes the girl out of her own room.

 

“Don’t worry, unnie. You’ll see it when it is finished.” She assured the girl and then slams the bedroom door in her face, leaving Dahyun baffled in the hallway. 

 

“She must be out of her mind to talk to me like that!” Dahyun angrily grumbled to herself and Tzuyu, who was talking with Mina in the other room, walks towards her sister.

 

“Is everything alright, unnie? You look like you need to go to the washroom.” She innocently asked, making Dahyun furrow her eyes in annoyance at Tzuyu. The girl really does live in a house full of annoying people.

 

“No.” Dahyun breathed out, keeping her calm composure. “I’m perfectly fine.” She gritted her teeth and cupped her hand around Tzuyu’s ear to whisper in it. “Tonight, don’t fall asleep. Okay?” She whispers in the softest tone.

 

Tzuyu gives her a weird look and Dahyun pats her back, telling the younger girl to follow her lead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The family of nine gathered for dinner that was of course made by Yoo Jeongyeon. Nayeon takes a whiff of the delicious smelling food on the dining table and shows a humble smile. 

 

“This smells absolutely amazing!” She exclaimed, thanking Jeongyeon for cooking. The other kids agree as they do the same. They all give thanks to their food and start digging in like monsters.

 

Nayeon tried to teach them about table manners, but as long as they didn’t eat like this in public, she assumed it was fine. She looks over to Mina who is elegantly eating her food with chopsticks, she felt proud seeing that someone in the family had some sense. Then her nose cringes when she sees Momo, not even using the utensils and eating with her hands.

 

Nayeon sighed to herself as she asks Chaeyoung, the soon-to-be birthday girl on what she wanted to do tomorrow.

 

“I don’t really want to do anything special. We can stay at home and watch movies.” Nayeon was a bit shock to hear this, she was expecting for Chaeyoung to say a whole plan that she had in mind for tomorrow.

 

“No cake?” Sana pouted at the girl and she nods her head in return, meaning that she didn’t want a cake. This shocked all of her sisters.

 

“But Chaeyoung— “ Jihyo tried to change the girl’s mind, but she was strict on her decision.

 

“It’s okay, guys. We can live without it for this month.” She simply said, convincing everyone. 

 

“I guess she has a point...” Nayeon mumbled out. There was at least a birthday in every month and next month would be Dahyun, so maybe they’ll just get a huge cake for the girl. The little girl nods in satisfaction and went back to eating her dinner. Nayeon weirdly looks at her, thinking about how Chaeyoung’s behaviour was a little off. 

 

Dahyun who encountered Chaeyoung acting weird earlier, was now even more confused as she watched the artist foolishly smile to herself. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The three entered their room, it was soon to be their bedtime and they all got ready on their own. Chaeyoung was humming to a song and Dahyun walks over to Tzuyu’s bed, where the girl was brushing her hair as she sat on the mattress. 

 

“Remember what I told you earlier.” She whispered in the softest tone, reminding the girl. The two looked at Chaeyoung who was oblivious of everything and then at the art piece that was still hidden from them. They both nodded, knowing what they were going to do tonight. Dahyun reaches out for the light switch, getting the okay sign from Chaeyoung. 

 

“Good night, Dahyunie. Good night, Tzu-Tzu.” Chaeyoung cutely said as she climbed up the ladder to plop on the top bunk and Dahyun turned off the lights, making the room completely dark. Tzuyu mumbles the same response against her pillow and Dahyun whispers under her breath. They all settled in their beds, Dahyun and Tzuyu were waiting until they heard Chaeyoung sleeping— However, what they didn’t know was that Chaeyoung was also waiting for her two sisters to fall asleep. 

 

It’s quiet… 

 

The artist thought as she sheepishly poked her head up from the bunk bed and hovered over the two. She first looked at Tzuyu who had the single bed and saw that the girl’s face was completely buried in her pillow. She shakes her head reminding that when she comes back, she needs to nudge Tzuyu’s head so that she doesn’t suffocate. Then she uses her strength to hold onto the railings and looked below her bunk to see Dahyun peacefully sleeping. She fishes her iPod from under her pillow and saw the screen flash up, blinding her eyes from the intense brightness. 

 

[Choonri]

We’re here!

 

Chaeyoung smiles as she stuffs the device in her sweat-pant pocket and carefully climbs down the ladder. Her whole face cringes when she steps on the floor, making a small creak sound. She quickly looks at Dahyun and then at Tzuyu, only to see the same peaceful states— Minus, Tzuyu still burying her head in the pillow, possibly suffocating herself from the lack of air as Chaeyoung opens the blinds, letting some light in and then opens the window. 

 

It’s been a long time since I’ve done this. 

 

Memories flashback of her stealing Nayeon’s valuable and selling them with Yeoreum to Cheng Xiao and Eunseo in the black market. Those were moments that she wasn’t proud of, but this time it was for a very different reason. She looks down from the window to see Cheng Xiao and Eunseo standing in their yard, waving at the girl. 

 

“Omo, is that our Son Chaeyoung!?” Cheng Xiao whispered loudly in disbelief and Chaeyoung had to bite her tongue to refrain from laughing. Eunseo couldn’t tell if she was joking or being honest, the girl could be really dense at times. The half-embarrassed friend punches her shoulder, telling her to be quiet. 

 

“You’ll wake up Miss Im!” She harshly whispers and Cheng Xiao sticks her tongue out, turning her shoulder on her. 

 

“Don’t listen to her. The old woman is just grumpy that her beauty rest is getting interrupted for this.” Cheng Xiao speaks as if Eunseo wasn’t beside her, glaring at her with threatening eyes. The two unnies that Chaeyoung had always looked up to, will soon turn twenty-five-years-old and she was glad to see that they got rid of their old habits and have taken a seriousness in their jobs. Cheng Xiao worked as an acrobatic teacher, teaching little kids like Chaeyoung and Eunseo was surprisingly interested in the business field and is a Human Resources manager. The younger girl quietly grabs the canvas that she finished, sliding the tarp off and connecting the bungee cord to a wooden stick she attached to the back.

 

She looks over to her sisters who were still sleeping and sighed in relief. “If you ruin this, I will ruin you.” Chaeyoung mouths out to the two and they look at each other, already having a hint at what the girl was saying as she starts to slowly lower the canvas down. 

 

Eunseo mumbles in a sarcastic tone. “It’s nice to see some things haven’t changed.” She reaches her hands out, ready to grab the canvas and Cheng Xiao does the same. The canvas safely gets into their hands and Chaeyoung prepares herself to climb down the tree. 

 

They watched with amazed expressions as the little girl climbed down the tree in a flash. “You still got it.” Cheng Xiao teased while nudging Chaeyoung’s shoulder. Eunseo also had a grin on her face as she slapped Chaeyoung’s back, the little girl looks up to see a proud smile on her face. 

 

“You’ve grown up a lot, Son. We missed you.” She says in an honest tone as the three walked to Cheng Xiao’s car with Chaeyoung’s canvas. Meanwhile, there was one sister who was trying to figure out on how to put the puzzle pieces together and one sister who was completely freaking out. 

 

“Unnie! How can you just sit there!?” Tzuyu grabbed her shoulders, panicking as she literally watched Chaeyoung jump out of the window. Dahyun rubs her chin in thought, completely ignoring the younger girl. Tzuyu looks baffled as she watched the pale girl just sit there and not be worried about their sister. 

 

Dahyun sighed as she also grabbed Tzuyu’s shoulders and the two were face to face. “Listen, this isn’t the first time Chaeyoung has done this.” The eyebrows on Tzuyu’s face raised to the very top, suddenly remembering Chaeyoung’s past that she remembered Nayeon telling her when she was first adopted. “Before you were adopted, Chaeyoung ran away one time… But she came back. She always does!” She says as an attempt to cheer Tzuyu up. 

 

Tzuyu frowned at Dahyun as she pouted. “Well, she better…” Dahyun caresses her head and Tzuyu looks down. “Our family isn’t complete without her.” She truthfully admitted under her breath, making Dahyun’s heart melt. The older girl quickly engulfs Tzuyu in a tight hug, making the younger girl slap her back a million of times, trying to get out of her grasp. 

 

“You’re so cute.” She taps her nose with her fingertip, making a little “boop” noise and Tzuyu pouted even more from the teasing. “I think Chaeyoung will be fine since I heard some familiar voices. I think she was with Cheng Xiao and Eunseo. The two adults who sort of looked after her.” Tzuyu nodded, letting the information sink in her head. “The only thing that I’m confused about is why did Chaeyoung sneak out with that thing and why is she with Cheng Xiao and Eunseo?” The three haven’t properly seen each other since Chaeyoung was adopted by Nayeon. 

 

Tzuyu raises an eyebrow, catching on to what Dahyun was trying to say. “She doesn’t want eomma to know about this since she’s clearly sneaking out of the house!” If this was a normal get together, Cheng Xiao and Eunseo would be at the front door, greeting everybody in the family and it would definitely not be occurring in the middle of the night. 

 

The lights in their room suddenly and an angry Jihyo was seen at the door. “What are you two doing and why are you so loud?” She complained in a husky voice, her eyes were still slightly closed. Tzuyu and Dahyun looked at each other in panic and Jihyo raised her hand to stop the two from speaking. “Just go to sleep, will ya? I’m surprised Chaeyoung isn’t awake because of you two.” The human mic flips the light switch again and walks back to the Same Aged Chingu’s room. The two breathed out a long sigh, relieved that Jihyo didn’t notice the missing artwork and that Chaeyoung lost Rock-Paper-Scissors to get the top bunk as the punishment. 

 

Dahyun went back to sitting on her bed and Tzuyu sat beside her. “What should we do unnie? Should we wait for Chaeyoung to come back?” Tzuyu whispered, making sure she wasn’t too loud. Dahyun shakes her head, fluffing her pillow. 

 

“We should go back to sleep. We can ask someone about this tomorrow.” Dahyun yawned out. She lays her head on the fluffed pillow and felt the bed dip beside her. 

 

“On Chaeyoung’s birthday?” She quietly asked and Dahyun nodded, already closing her eyes. Tzuyu frowned but mentally told herself to not worry, knowing that Chaeyoung was okay and was with two adults whom she have known for a long time. She closes her eyes and lets the sleep take over her. 

 

——

 

The Day of Chaeyoung’s Fourteenth Birthday

 

“Chaeng Chaeng Chaeng!” Dahyun yelled out to the sleeping girl in bed to the tune of BIGBANG’s “Bang Bang Bang”. Chaeyoung peeps her head out of her blanket and constantly rubs her tired eyes. The little girl looks around to see that Tzuyu was already out of bed, and only Dahyun and Nayeon were in the room. 

 

Nayeon grabs the girl out of her bed, pulling her into her own arms as she shouted in Chaeyoung’s ear. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BABY!” The mother shows her love by peppering kisses all over Chaeyoung’s face, making the birthday girl continuously giggle. Dahyun sticks her tongue at Chaeyoung as Nayeon kept showing too much affection and runs away to the kitchen where Jeongyeon was already preparing breakfast. 

 

“Okay! Okay!” Chaeyoung tries to push her mother’s face away. “That’s enough kisses, eomma. Thank you.” Nayeon pouts and confides as she stops her lip attacks but is still holding Chaeyoung in her arms. Nayeon walks to the kitchen as Chaeyoung wraps her arms around her neck and Sana makes comments about envying the two. The other girls, except for Jeongyeon, were sitting with Sana as they were all waiting for Chaeyoung with their breakfasts ready 

 

“I wish eomma carried me like that.” The squirrel says in a slightly jealous tone. She then aggressively stabs her piece of fruit with a fork and Nayeon chuckles at how cute she was.

 

The mother makes it clear to her kids. “Eomma is never doing that again.” Nayeon slowly places Chaeyoung on the ground and the birthday girl excitedly runs to the table filled with food to stuff her face. The mother rubs her back and stretches it out. “Am I getting old, Jihyo?” She asked the girl who froze in her chair and was midway from beginning to eat her delicious pancakes. 

 

Jihyo’s eyes twitched, not knowing how to respond to this certain type of question. “Of course not…?” She responded in a suspicious tone and Nayeon sighs to herself. 

 

Tzuyu then steps into the conversation. “You’re not getting old.” Nayeon smiles at how kind her youngest child was. “You’re already old!” Tzuyu exclaimed in her savage voice and all of her sisters started to laugh as Nayeon pretends to be offended— And is slightly hurt from having high hopes that Tzuyu would compliment her.  

 

“Yah, Chou Tzuyu!” She yelled out in a stern tone and Tzuyu starts to laugh at the face Nayeon was making, and the whole breakfast went on with everyone lively talking and joking about Nayeon’s age. 

 

The sounds of empty plates and utensils clattering on the plates were heard as Jeongyeon directs her attention at the birthday girl. “What does our Chaeyoung want to do for today?” She cutely asked and Chaeyoung shakes her head at her. 

 

“I already told you guys, let’s relax for today.” The girl says in a calm tone and the sisters look at each other, still not believing that Chaeyoung didn’t have any plans. Momo raises an eyebrow at her. 

 

“Chaeyoung…” Her eyebrows furrow in and Chaeyoung squints her eyes at Momo’s attempt at aegyo. The birthday girl lets out a groan as her shoulders drop. 

 

“Okay!” She broke out and Momo shows a satisfied grin. “I do have one plan. I want to go to a specific place tonight.” Chaeyoung offered and everyone immediately agreed to the idea. 

 

“And get a cake!?” Nayeon butts in and Chaeyoung wiggles her finger back and forth. 

 

“No.” She responds in a firm tone and Nayeon crosses her arms, leaning back in her chair. 

 

The mother looks over to Mina who is giving an apologetic look. “You were always my favourite, Mina.” She whispered, making sure none of the girls heard this and Mina nods, already knowing this because Nayeon has quietly said this to her millions of times. Nayeon lovingly pats her head and they continue to listen to the conversation regarding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter