the end

Im Nayeon and the Eight Kids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I apologize in advance for the grammar and incorrect spelling of people’s names, words, etc.

 

 

 

 

 

—— 

 

Im Nayeon. The most surprising fact about the bunny-toothed woman is she has eight kids. Specifically, eight girls that are Korean natives and some that come from Japan and Taiwan. This is the story of how Nayeon met these eight girls… 

 

—— 

 

“Eomma! Look at me on the swings!”, a young girl yelled and her mother took a quick glance as she saw her only daughter swing to the very top. 

 

“You’re doing well Jeongyeonie”, her mom says in ‘encouragement’, but anyone else could tell that it was sarcastic. The mom proceeded to look at her phone. Nayeon was walking by the park, with her phone in hand as she listened to music. She hummed along to the music as she took rhythmic steps to the beat. She had just finished school and was heading home from JYP High. 

 

“Oh, honey. Oh baby”, Nayeon muttered to herself, keeping her head straight, not paying attention to the kids at the park. Usually, Nayeon loves kids, however, today Nayeon just wanted some alone time, even if it meant making a fool of herself in front of all of the moms. She was pointing to the middle of the nowhere, pretending that she was in some 70’s music video. She then stopped when she heard a loud wail from a distance, overpowering the loud music that was playing in her earbuds. “Huh?”, Nayeon turned around to see a kid fall down from the swings. She ran to the kid, muttering concerns. “Are you okay?”, Nayeon asked with her baby voice. The short-haired girl shyly nodded as she held her knee. Nayeon saw that there was a scrape, that had turned a pink colour. She thought of how to treat the girl and widen her eyes when she fished something out of her school blazer. Nayeon unwrapped the bandaid and first blew on the wound, which made the little girl giggle at the weird feeling. The older girl gave a wide smile as she heard the kid laugh for the first time, she then placed the bandaid on her knee. 

 

“What is your name?”, Nayeon asked, helping the girl up. 

 

“My name is Jeongyeon! Thank you pretty unnie for helping me”, the girl cutely bowed. “I don’t think mommy cares about me…”, Jeongyeon frowned as she looked at her mom, who was on her phone. Nayeon followed her line of sight and she could feel the anger building up. 

 

‘The nerve of that lady’, Nayeon thought as her eyebrows furrowed. “Don’t worry Jeongyeon-ah, this pretty unnie will bring you to your mom and give her a piece of my mind”, Nayeon muttered to herself, taking Jeongyeon’s hand. She felt the little girl grip her hand as they walked closer to her mom. 

 

“Excuse me?”, Nayeon said in annoyed-tone and the mother put her phone down, already giving her a glare. 

 

“Yes?”, the mother looked up and down at Nayeon, who was wearing her school uniform and then her eyes landed at the sight of her daughter holding hands with a stranger. “Yoo Jeongyeon! Do not hold hands with this girl!”, the mother yelled, attracting the other adult’s attention. She slapped Nayeon’s hand away as she held Jeongyeon closer to her. Nayeon’s mouth dropped at the sting that was lingering on top of her hand. ‘God, that hurt like a ’, Nayeon thought to herself as she tried not to let out any screams of pain. Jeongyeon’s eyes widen as she tried to get away from her mom. 

 

“She’s not a stranger! She helped me when I fell down from the swings!”, Jeongyeon yelled, still restraining herself away from her own mother. Nayeon watched the whole scene in shock. 

 

“Uh... Yes. That’s right”, Nayeon slowly said, thinking very hard on what to say next without angering the mother more. “Jeongyeon-ah fell, so I helped her. I’m sorry that I worried you by holding her hand…”, Nayeon held her head down as she walked away from the park. The high school student could hear Jeongyeon screaming for Nayeon not to go. She shed a tear knowing that the young girl was probably going through an emotional time with her mother. Nayeon just hoped that nothing physical happens to her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The days would go by as Nayeon would always walk near the park, hoping that she would see the little Jeongyeon. She would frown as she would see no sign of the little girl or her mother. Until one day, the weather was very cold and Nayeon regretted walking home as she tightly held her jacket around her. She was walking at a fast pace until she saw the park and saw a familiar figure on the swings. ‘It can’t be…’, Nayeon hopes couldn’t be this high right now. She walked even faster until she heard the sniffles coming from the small figure. 

 

“Hello?”, Nayeon called out, still having a good distance from the kid. She saw the kid was wearing brown pants and a puffy coat, along with a beanie. The kid slowly raised its head up and turned around to where the voice came from. Nayeon froze when she saw it was Jeongyeon. She immediately took off her school bag and ran towards the girl. Jeongyeon hopped off the swings and also ran towards the ‘pretty unnie’. 

 

“Jeongyeon-ah!”, Nayeon happily whispered as she picked up Jeongyeon and gave a tight hug. She could hear the girl’s giggle, vibrating against her neck. She can also feel the hot wet tears trickling down her neck. She stopped hugging Jeongyeon and looked into the little girl’s eyes. 

 

“Why are you crying?”, Nayeon pouted and Jeongyeon pouted along with her. 

 

“Mommy left me”, Jeongyeon said, whimpering. Nayeon’s face remained unreadable as Jeongyeon tells her exactly how her mom left her here at the park. Nayeon put down Jeongyeon and went to get her backpack that she dropped earlier. She put it on and went back to where Jeongyeon remained standing. 

 

“C'mon Jeongyeon-ah”, Nayeon lets her hand out and Jeongyeon hesitated. 

 

“What are you going to do to me? What if mommy was right about you being harmful?”, Jeongyeon slowly said, backing away from Nayeon. Nayeon chuckled at the girl. 

 

“Trust me. If anything, I’m the total opposite of what your mom says about me”, Nayeon’s hand was still out, waiting for the tiny hand to keep her warm. “Hurry up Jeongyeon!”, the older girl playfully said. ”I’m getting cold and my arm is getting tired. Let’s go home”, Nayeon softly said as Jeongyeon’s eyes widen. The girl looked at Nayeon and nodded in excitement as she took her hand. The two laughed as they walked in the cold weather together. During the walk home, Nayeon learned that Jeongyeon was seven years old and loves LEGOs. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s so sick. How could that girl already have a kid?”

 

“Well… She’s already eighteen, it’s technically legal.” (A/N: i don’t really know but let’s pretend it is)

 

“Yeah, but it’s disgusting. She doesn’t have anyone to help her. How will she focus in school?” 

 

“I bet ten dollars that she’ll drop out in the next month”, the group of students laughed as they watched Nayeon walk by them. Everyone stared at the girl as she slowly walked to her locker. Ever since people found out about Nayeon adopting Jeongyeon, she had received some attention… A lot of attention. 

 

“Hey girl”, a guy smugly says as he leans his arm on the locker beside Nayeon’s. “How about I help you with that kid of yours, I’m sure you’ll need a man in the house. After all, I heard you live alone— “, the guy gets smashed into the lockers, not even finishing his stupid sentence. Lisa smirks at the amount of pain she’s done to the guy who is lying on the floor, touching his bleeding lip. Nayeon smirks back at Lisa. 

 

“Lisa, you have no idea how much I love you”, Nayeon says as she hugs her friend. The girl laughs as she shrugs. 

 

“How would you know that I did that for you?”, Lisa sarcastically says as the others approach the two. 

 

“Don’t listen to them Nayeon, I think you’re brave for taking Jeongyeon into your care”, Jisoo says as her eyes flashed with admiration. Nayeon realized the way Jisoo talked about her and started realizing that maybe what she’s doing, is the right thing. 

 

—— 

 

It has been one year since Nayeon adopted Jeongyeon and things were going very smoothly. Jeongyeon is now eight years old and actually ended up being more behaving than Nayeon had anticipated. She was hoping for Jeongyeon to act like her actual age, but she ended up acting like an eighteen-year-old teenager like Im Nayeon herself. Sometimes, it feels like Jeongyeon was her best friend, instead of her adopted kid. The two celebrated Jeongyeon’s birthday with Jisoo and Lisa as they went out to an amusement park, and later on, the three showered Jeongyeon with bags full of legos. At school, the whole drama with Nayeon dialed down as juniors started admiring their senior. Nayeon was now known as a role model at JYP High and graduated as a valedictorian. Now Nayeon was a nineteen-year-old stay-at-home mother, making sure that Jeongyeon was always happy and being taken care of.

 

“Good morning Nayeon”, Jeongyeon cheerfully said as she put a plate full of pancakes on the table. Nayeon groaned as she looked at the clock. 

 

5:52am 

 

“Aish this kid”, Nayeon muttered, rubbing her eyes. She sat down at the table, grabbed the fork beside her plate and ate a piece from her pancake. It still amazes Nayeon that an eight-year-old could cook better than her. 

 

“Jeongyeon, how many times have I told you that you can just call me ‘mom’?”, Nayeon whined with a mouthful of pancakes. Jeongyeon looked up from eating her breakfast like an animal and replied to her mother. 

 

“I like your name!”, Jeongyeon spat out some pancake on the table as she spoke. Nayeon rolled her eyes and reminded herself that maybe she should teach Jeongyeon some dinner table manners. 

 

“Just when we’re in public, please call me eomma. I’ve already gotten so many scoldings from your dance teacher saying how I’m an irresponsible parent”, Nayeon complained, pinching the bridge of her nose. Jeongyeon laughed at her, imagining her dance teacher taking Nayeon out of the room to scold her. During the last year, Nayeon found out that Jeongyeon took a liking to dance so she decided to have her attend dance lessons. After they finished their breakfast, Nayeon helped the younger girl dress up. Since they had a lot of time since school started, Nayeon decided to play some games with Jeongyeon. Then after an hour, she walked Jeongyeon to school. 

 

“Have you made any new friends in school?”, Nayeon asked as the two held hands. 

 

“Yes, mommy”, Jeongyeon teasingly says out loud. “It’s a person who’s in my homeroom and dance class”, Nayeon proudly smiles at Jeongyeon and pats her head.

 

“That’s great to hear. Maybe this friend can walk with us after school to your dance?”, Nayeon playfully asks, hoping that she will meet Jeongyeon’s new friend. The girl nodded as she picked up a dandelion from the ground and started playing with it. 

 

“I will ask her during lunch”, they were nearing the school’s entrance. Jeongyeon then took the dandelion and smudged it on Nayeon’s hand. She quickly let go of Nayeon’s hand and started running inside the school. 

 

“Yah Yoo Jeongyeon!”, Nayeon yelled out and this earned laughter from the other parents dropping off their kids. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon came back from an intense cleaning day at home and sighed as she walked towards the school. She wiped the beads of sweat that were still on her forehead. “Why did I have to adopt a kid who is a clean freak!?”. She waited for the bell to ring and the swarm of kids ran out of the doors. Nayeon looked around to see the familiar short-haired girl and a blonde girl around her height, being dragged by Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon waved and Nayeon waved back and held in a stifle when she saw how uncomfortable the blonde girl was. 

 

“Hello, you must be Jeongyeon’s friend. My name is Nayeon, I’m her mom”, Nayeon says, emphasizing the last three words. Jeongyeon awkwardly chuckles and lets the girl stand in front of her. 

 

“This is Sana. She doesn’t talk much, but she had agreed to walk with us”, Jeongyeon says, excited at the fact that Sana is slowly breaking her shell. Sana is a very shy (shy shy) kid. When it comes to interacting with other people, she can come off weird to them and they tend to avoid the girl with the four-dimensional personality. Nayeon gave a smile to Sana, who quickly looked down at the ground. The mother and daughter duo smiled at Sana and looked at each other. They nodded at each other and both took Sana’s hand. This took Sana by surprise as she felt Jeongyeon and Nayeon’s hand in hers. They all walked together to their dance lessons. 

 

“So Sana-ya, how old are you?”, Nayeon asked, hoping to get an answer. Jeongyeon looked over to Sana also hoping that she will answer her mom. 

 

“Seven years old…”, Sana smiled nervously and Nayeon raised her eyebrows when she heard Sana’s voice. It was so cute and heavily accented. 

 

“Say… Your accent? Where are you from?” 

 

“Japan…”, Sana looked down at the ground, embarrassed that someone recognized that she was a foreigner. Nayeon stopped walking and so did Jeongyeon, making Sana stop as well. Nayeon crouched down to Sana’s eye level.  

 

“Sana, you know you can be yourself? There’s no need to be shy”, Sana blushed and Jeongyeon patted Sana’s shoulder. 

 

“Yeah! There’s no such thing as wrong here!”, Jeongyeon excitedly said as Nayeon proudly smiles at her daughter for the umpteenth time today. “C’mon squirrel, I’ll race you to the company!”, Jeongyeon ran off and Sana screamed out in a high pitched tone. 

 

“Hey! No fair!”, Sana giggled, chasing after Jeongyeon. Nayeon stood back with a huge grin, watching the two. She jokingly scratched her ear and mumbles. 

 

“Wow, I’m deaf now from that scream”, she chuckles to herself as she runs to catch up with the kids. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After what felt like forever, the three finally arrived at the dance company. They all laughed as they entered, but immediately stopped when they saw an angry dance teacher. 

 

“Late! Again!?”, JYP yells at Nayeon, while Sana and Jeongyeon ran off to the dance studio, giggling like crazy maniacs. Nayeon reminded herself to scold the two for leaving her alone with her principal. That’s right, JYP was Nayeon’s high school principal who had helped her recover from all of the bullying that Nayeon had received when she adopted Jeongyeon. Other than internally groaning, Nayeon was glad that JYP was Jeongyeon’s dance teacher, however, Nayeon thinks that this man needs an early retirement from working so hard. 

 

“Ugh seriously!? It was their fault!”, Nayeon pointed at the kids who weren’t even there. JYP raised an eyebrow at her. 

 

“Jeongyeon-ah and Sana-ya are responsible kids— “ 

 

“and I’m the irresponsible parent. Yes I know JY, I think you have said this to me at least ever since I adopted Jeongyeon”, Nayeon finishes his sentence as she rolled her eye. JYP chuckles at his old student. 

 

“Wanna know something that I’ve never told you? That maybe I should have said during your graduation?”, JYP asked, almost whispering at Nayeon. She shook her head, not knowing what the heck he was going to say. 

 

“Ever since your first year of high school, I would have to say that you have grown up well Nayeon-ssi. You went from an incredible student to an incredible mother”, JYP gave a fatherly smile and left Nayeon who was frozen at JYP’s words. 

 

“Did he just say nice words to me, instead of scolding me even more?”, Nayeon muttered to herself in shock as she covered . She jumped in joy as she did one of the signature JYP moves to the imaginary music playing in her head. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon decided to wait for Jeongyeon and Sana in a room beside the studio, and watch them dance. She has seen Jeongyeon dance, but she has never seen the Japanese dance. She watched as the girl danced to SNSD’s ‘Taxi’, Nayeon squirmed at how cute Sana looked. She wore a black shirt, black skirt, black tights, and black boots. The only things that were shining were Sana’s blonde hair and her cute little teeth from whenever she smiled at the sight of her in the mirror. Nayeon felt herself smiling the whole time as she watched the two playfully dance together when the whole class had a sudden dance battle. She cringed at the sight of JYP doing a wave train with all of the dancers. 

 

“This man really needs an early retirement”, Nayeon said out loud and she could hear the other adults in the room, agreeing with her. The dance lessons finally ended and all of the adults went in the actual studio to greet their kids. 

 

“Nayeon!”, Jeongyeon yelled out, hopping on her back. The older girl glared at Jeongyeon in the mirror and crouched down with Jeongyeon to talk with Sana. 

 

“Sana-ya! You’re such a great dancer. You did really well dancing to SNSD”, Nayeon complimented as Sana replied with a thank you. Surprisingly, Sana hugged Nayeon and the older girl let out a squeal as she squeezed Sana. 

 

“Aigoo Sana, who knew a shy person can be so cute and dorky”, Nayeon squeezed Sana’s cheeks and the two younger girls giggled at Nayeon. 

 

“Let us walk you home Sana!”, for a split second, Nayeon thought she saw a look of worry in Sana’s eyes but she shrugged it off as they walked out of the company with Jeongyeon on Nayeon’s back and Nayeon holding Sana’s hand. Nayeon noticed that Sana was walking slower as usual and she felt Sana tug her hand. 

 

“What is it Sana?”, Nayeon asked as Jeongyeon got off her back to be beside Sana. 

 

“I don’t have a home… I’m an orphan. I live in the orphanage down the street”, Sana pointed down the street and Nayeon looked at the old grey building. She frowned as Jeongyeon took Sana’s hand. 

 

“How come you never told anyone at school?”, Jeongyeon asked Sana, who looked very sad. 

 

“I was afraid I would be looked at differently”, Sana looked at the ground, playing with a rock on the ground with the tip of her foot. 

 

“If you’re different, does that make me different?”, Jeongyeon thought out loud and this surprised Nayeon and Sana. 

 

“Huh?”, Sana questioned, confused on what her new friend was saying. Nayeon was also confused but she had a sense of what Jeongyeon was trying to say. 

 

“The truth is… I’m adopted. So does that make me different?”, Jeongyeon asked Sana and Sana furrowed her eyebrow, thinking of what to say. Sana furiously shook her head. 

 

“Of course not, you have a home and a family. I don’t have any”, Sana frowned and Nayeon stepped into the conversation between the two young, yet mature, kids. ‘Well, they say you only live once. So, why not make the most out of it?’.

 

“Well… Have you ever thought about living with a clean freak and an ‘irresponsible parent’?”, Nayeon asked and Jeongyeon immediately smiled at her mom’s question. Sana looked deeply into their eyes to see if they were lying. She saw how Jeongyeon’s and Nayeon’s eyes were begging for her to say yes. Sana nodded and jumped on the two. 

 

“Hai!”, Sana yelled out in Japanese and the two laughed at how excited she was. They all had a group hug while Nayeon planted a soft kiss on both of their foreheads. 

 

“Now since you are going to be my daughter, that means I can punish both of you for running away and leaving me with JYP!”, Nayeon yelled, making claw shapes with her hand. The younger girls grinned as they looked at each other.

 

“Oh no! Run away! A rabid bunny is on the loose!”, Sana yelled out and Jeongyeon grabbed her hand, and they started running away from Nayeon. Nayeon chased them, making weird ‘monster’ noises and they continued to do this until they arrived at home. 

 

—— 

 

“You’re adopting another kid!?”, Lisa yelled out, earning stares from the customers in the cafe. Nayeon widened her eyes and signaled for Lisa to quiet down. Jisoo choked on her latte. After coughing it out with Lisa patting her back, Jisoo put down her drink on the table.

 

“Nayeon, we love you and all. And we love Jeongyeon and Sana”, Jisoo paused as Lisa looked at her with a ‘where are you going with this?’ look. “But we should start thinking about the reality. What about your money!? You don’t even have a job. You can’t always rely on your parent’s money that they send every month”, Nayeon nodded at Jisoo. 

 

‘She has a point’, Nayeon handed Jisoo her napkin and she happily took it to wipe . “Ever since I adopted Sana last week, I keep thinking about adopting another one… Is that weird? What if I’m being addicted to adopting kids!? I’m going to end up being on that reality tv show for being addicted to adopting kids!”, Nayeon yelled, pulling her hair. Again, everyone’s attention was on a certain table and Nayeon shrank when the manager came to politely tell them to leave the cafe. They took their drinks and went to go sit on a bench near the river across the street. 

 

“All I’m going to say is I’ll support you with whatever you do. However, please do consider if you’re ready to take care of three children”, Lisa says as she takes a sip of her hot chocolate. Jisoo nodded and patted Nayeon’s back. Nayeon sighed and was in deep thought. ‘Am I ready?’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sana. Jeongyeon”, Nayeon walked in the small apartment. ‘Maybe we should move into a bigger house’ . She heard the scattered footsteps coming closer to her as the two girls ran towards Nayeon, tackling her to the floor. Nayeon laughed as they started tickling her. 

 

“Okay— Family—“, Nayeon kept laughing as the two grinned at their mother. “Family meeting!”, Nayeon managed to say without laughing. The two froze at the words and stopped tickling, they immediately went into serious mode. That’s the thing Nayeon thinks is crazy about Sana and Jeongyeon, it’s like they are actually adults trapped in a child’s body. They all went to the living room as the young girls sat on the couch and Nayeon stood in front of them. They tilted their heads all the way up to give them full attention to Nayeon. She thought the sight she was seeing was adorable. 

 

“Be honest with me…”, Nayeon paused, nibbling on her thumb. “Am I a good parent?” 

 

“Of course you are”, they both said at the same time. Jeongyeon and Sana looked at each other weirdly and shrugged it off. 

 

“Do I feed you guys enough?” 

 

“Of course”, they said in unison again. 

 

“Do you think I’m responsible for taking care of another child?”

 

“Of course— “, they both said until they stopped. Sana gasped and Jeongyeon’s mouth dropped. Nayeon’s eyes widen at the two. This wasn’t the type of reaction she was hoping to see. “DID YOU SAY ANOTHER CHILD?” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the screams, the banging on the wall from the neighbours telling them to be quiet, and the very precise criticism from Jeongyeon and Sana. The three were now at the exact orphanage Sana used to stay in. Apparently, since Sana left there has been more people than Sana had expected. She didn’t recognize any of them as they were all unfamiliar faces. The staff looked shocked to see Nayeon standing in front of the desk. 

 

“Well, hello Nayeon! Hello Jeongyeon and Sana”, a staff named Seolhyun cheerfully said. “Now, is there something wrong? Like wanting to give back Sana? We understand if you— “ 

 

“NO!”, Nayeon yelled out, shaking her hands, making Seolhyun shut up. Sana glared at the girl and Seolhyun playfully winked at her. “I would like to adopt again!”, the bunny-tooth girl proudly says. The kids smile at their mother. Seolhyun’s jaw dropped. After a minute, she shook her head and she was back from spacing out.

 

“Wow! Nayeon you’re daebak for sure! I think I have someone who will be perfect for your family”, Seolhyun told them to wait a minute as she went to go get the kid. Then the staff came back with a girl who had very big eyes. 

 

“This is Jihyo. She’s the same age as Sana. Jihyo-ya, please properly introduce yourself”, the three were already smiling at how cute Jihyo was. 

 

“Hello”, the girl bowed at ninety degrees. “My name is Park Jihyo and I like to sing”, Jihyo loudly says and Seolhyun covered her ears. The staff chuckled at Jihyo. 

 

“She’s also known as a human mic, she’s really loud. Like really loud”, Seolhyun whispered to Nayeon who chuckled, they both looked at Sana and Jeongyeon who were introducing themselves to Jihyo. 

 

“Hey, do you know where I can get a job? Or a couple of jobs?”, Nayeon whispered to Seolhyun. The woman nodded. 

 

“I heard there’s an opening at the pet store. I’m sure the kids would like if you worked there”, Seolhyun winked. Another staff came by to give Jihyo her stuff and Seolhyun hugged the ‘human mic’. “I’m gonna miss you Park Jihyo. Don’t forget my beautiful face when you grow up. Got it?”, Jihyo giggled at her unnie and nodded. Jihyo came close to Nayeon and Nayeon crouched down. 

 

“Hi, Jihyo-ya. My name is Nayeon, I’m going to be your eomma”, Nayeon smiled when Jihyo gave a big smile. When Nayeon was about to go for a hug, Jihyo put her hand out indicating that she wanted a high five. Nayeon awkwardly gave her a high five. Seolhyun whistled. 

 

“It takes her a while for her to have physical contact with others”, right as she said that Jihyo immediately gave a hug to Jeongyeon, who was surprised at the sudden hug. Nayeon and Sana furrowed their eyebrows in jealousy and Seolhyun laughed. “I guess she likes Jeongyeon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon had to admit she hit the jackpot when she adopted Jeongyeon and Sana. But Jihyo… Oh, Jihyo. Nayeon was experiencing their very first ‘family drama’. You see, Jihyo has grown a liking to Jeongyeon and sticks by her side 24/7, meanwhile, Sana feels left out and Nayeon pities her daughter. She doesn’t know why Sana and Jihyo won’t get along, they’re already the same age so they’re destined to be friends! (Korean logic) Nayeon groaned as she sat on the dinner table with the other three kids. She’s still trying to find a bigger place, but she definitely starting to notice the amount of money that’s decreasing now that she has three kids. She enjoys her new job at the pet store, but she needs to find other jobs as well. Also, she needs some nannies. ‘Wait a minute… That’s it!’. Nayeon got up to find her phone. 

 

“Nayeon, where are you going!? Help me with this!”, Jeongyeon pleaded to her mother as Sana and Jihyo were arguing. 

 

“Jeongyeon likes me the most!”, Sana yelled out. 

 

“No, she likes me!”, Jihyo screamed back. Nayeon sighed as she went on her phone and tapped on 'Contacts'. She’s definitely going to hear the complaints of their neighbours the next morning. She tapped on a certain contact and called them. 

 

“Hello?”

 

Nayeon pointed her phone towards the three kids, “Do you hear this!? Help me!” 

 

“Give me a few minutes.” 

 

The doorbell rang, but the same aged children still kept arguing with Jeongyeon begging for them to stop. Nayeon walked to the door and opened, and immediately let out a sigh when she saw who was at the door. 

 

“JY THANK YOU SO MUCH!”, Nayeon hugged JYP and JYP had a straight face on.

 

“Where are the kids?”, JYP said in a frightening tone, Nayeon pointed to the kitchen and they both walked in to see Sana throwing her pasta at Jihyo and Jihyo ‘by accident’ spilled her drink. Meanwhile, Jeongyeon was screaming. 

 

“STOP IT! YOU GUYS KNOW HOW MUCH I CARE ABOUT THINGS BEING CLEAN”, Jeongyeon kept yelling as she cleaned the sauce and water that was on the wooden table with a paper towel. The chaos continued with JYP and Nayeon just watching them. JYP sighed.

 

“Kids”, JYP said in a monotone voice scaring the three. They immediately turned towards the deep voice. Nayeon smirked at the looks of horror on their face. 

 

“I think we’re going to need a family meeting”, Nayeon smugly said as JYP nodded. Jeongyeon and Sana gulped as they heard the two words they hated hearing. It’s not that they hated talking their issues out, it was just that they always ended up yelling at each other and the neighbours would file noise complaints. They all walked towards the couch in the living room, the three squished each other and Jeongyeon made sure to sit in the middle so that Jihyo and Sana wouldn’t clash. Nayeon and JYP stood in front of the kids. JYP grabbed a chair and put it in front of the three, he sat in it and proceeded to talk.

 

“Listen, I know lately it’s hard for all of you. Especially for Jeongyeon. There are some big changes, you guys are becoming a big family and it’s hard to figure out on who to depend on. But you guys wanna know a secret?”, JYP asked and the three nodded.

 

“The ones you should always depend on is your family. Now, I don’t know your exact past with your families, but right now this family”, JYP gestured at everyone. “I would hold onto this family for my dear life. You girls have no idea how lucky you are to have caring sisters and a lovely mother. So, you shouldn’t fight over who favors who more, you should be bonding together”. Jeongyeon nodded at JYP and wrapped her arms around Sana and Jihyo. Jihyo got up and stood in front of Sana.

 

“I’m really sorry Sana…”, Jihyo quietly said, ashamed of the way she’s acted. She fiddled with her hands. “Maybe Seolhyun unnie was wrong about me fitting in with the family…”, Sana furrowed her eyebrows at Jihyo’s hurtful words. She grabbed Jihyo’s hands so that she would stop fiddling. 

 

“Never say that Park Jihyo”, Sana furiously said. “Never. Say. Those. Words”, Sana said as she gripped Jihyo’s hands. Tears started to fall down Sana’s cheeks and Jihyo gasped. The two hugged each other tightly and Nayeon stood there, tearing up by herself. Jeongyeon went to Nayeon and hugged her legs, the older girl Jeongyeon’s head. JYP watched with a fatherly smile and patted Sana’s head as she cried her eyes out. 

 

“I’m glad we adopted you Jihyo”, Sana whispered in the crook of Jihyo’s neck. 

 

—— 

 

Nayeon was out job searching. Again. No, she didn’t get fired from the pet store. Nayeon is doing great there, the staff loves when she brings the kids there as well. However, Nayeon still needed more money. The amount of times she had stared at the phone to ask her parents for more, was way too many times. There were times where she accidentally pressed call and immediately pressed ‘end’. The thing about Nayeon’s family is she grew up being more independent, her family always left her to do things on her own, that she just ended up growing up too quickly. With her parent’s ‘permission’, she moved out of the house at sixteen. Nayeon and her parents have a broken relationship, as her parents only wonder about how she’s doing in her romantic life. Her parents only know about Sana and Jeongyeon, but how will they react when they find out she adopted another child? Nayeon’s head started to hurt at the imagination and continued to focus finding more jobs. She walked around the busy street where there were people busking or doing magic acts to grab some pocket change. She paid no attention to any of them, except for one person. She noticed the person was very fit for a kid. She looked in amazement as the kid was an absolute dancing machine. Nayeon decided to stop and watch the kid, she also noticed some other people who were a part of the act. 

 

“Okay everybody! Give it up for Momo!”, Nayeon looked at the sign beside them and she realized that they were a dancing crew. ‘JYP has talked about them before’, she clapped and smiled at the girl named Momo. 

 

“Thank you”, the girl spoke into the mic with her broken Korean. Nayeon smiled even more as it reminded her of Sana’s accent. After looking at her watch, Nayeon decided that she should stay on task and actually find another job. She walked around to see that there was a nice store that sold vintage furniture looking for help, preferably anyone under the age 71. Who turned out to be the youngest staff in the store. After a brief interview, Nayeon was greeted with welcoming hands. Since Lisa and Jisoo were taking care of the kids for the day, doing god knows what. Nayeon decided to treat herself to dinner at a diner down the street. She happily ordered a large burger, a chocolate milkshake with fries on the side. She moaned as she took a big bite out of the burger, it’s been a while since she’s treated herself like this. Nayeon sat on a seat that faced the window, it was dark but it made her happy to see the all of the shop signs light up in different colours. That was until she noticed a blonde-haired girl being dragged into an alley by two men? ‘Hey, that girl looks familiar? Should I go check it out?’. There were many possibilities that could happen. 

 

Nayeon gets hurt. The girl ends up getting hurt. Nayeon AND the girl end up getting hurt.

 

Nayeon shook her head as she left money near her meal and ran out of the diner. As she approached the alley, she quietly walked, not making a sound. 

 

“Where’s our money?”

 

“I don’t know what you’re saying”, the girl pleaded in her broken Korean. Nayeon’s eyes widen at the familiar voice. It was the girl dancing in the streets earlier. She hid behind a garbage can and saw that the two men were dressed casually. Nayeon carefully looked to see if they had any weapons on them and it looks like they didn’t. They cornered the young girl. 

 

“Lies. You know that your crew owes us money. So pay up”, the man laid a hand on the girl and Nayeon’s motherly instinct was to take her phone out and dial ‘911’. She then hid her phone on the ground and found the closest thing to use a weapon.

 

“HEY GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER”, Nayeon sprinted towards the man and hit him with a metal sheet. This knocked out the man, leaving the other one to start panicking. He started getting in a defensive mode.

 

“Don’t people know when to not interfere in other people’s business?”, the man obnoxiously asked, earning a smug look from Nayeon.

 

“Maybe you should think about what you just said before trying to harass this girl”, Nayeon tried to hit him with the metal sheet but he blocked it and swiftly threw it away. However, Nayeon wasn’t worried when she saw the street dancer sneak up on the man and knocked him out with a brick. 

 

“I’m sorry you had to see that”, the street dancer says as she throws the brick in the garbage can. Nayeon shook her head. 

 

“It’s okay. By the way, I’ve called the police earlier”, Nayeon picked up her phone and saw that the call had ended, meaning that they must have gotten her call. The younger girl nodded. 

 

“My name is Momo.”

 

“My name is Nayeon.” 

 

“Ever thought about being in a different dance crew? Maybe like actual classes?”, Nayeon asked as she sat beside Momo, who was leaning her back against the wall. 

 

“They’re all… Uh”, Momo paused to think about the word in Korean. “Expensive”, Momo ended up saying in Japanese and she eternally slapped herself. Nayeon nodded. 

 

“I see you’re Japanese”, Nayeon responded in Japanese, which shocked Momo. She excitedly slapped Nayeon’s shoulder.

 

“You know how to speak Japanese!?”, Momo exclaimed and Nayeon pinched her fingers together to indicate that she only knew a little.

 

“I have a daughter who’s Japanese, I learned a little from her”, Momo nodded as she listened to Nayeon. She continued to speak. 

 

“Have you heard of JYP’s Dance Company?”, Nayeon asked and Momo eagerly nodded her head. 

 

“Of course I do! That’s one of the best companies.” 

 

“Well, what if I told you that I’m good friends with the CEO?”, Nayeon smirked as Momo looked like she was going to faint. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Isn’t she great?”, Nayeon exclaimed. Momo had just finished dancing in front of the man JYP himself. He nodded at Nayeon’s question. 

 

“She’s more than great. She’s amazing.”

 

“So, you’ll accept her into the company?”

 

“Depends… Are you going to adopt another kid?”, JYP wiggled his eyebrows and Nayeon slapped his shoulder. 

 

“Of course, I’ll accept her. And I’m being serious about the adoption, I looked at her papers since her old company provided her a place to stay. When she comes into this company, she won’t have a place to stay and she doesn’t have any guardians looking after her”, JYP says with a serious face. Nayeon nodded. ‘Another kid?’, maybe Nayeon should ask someone’s opinion if she should adopt… Again. She looked over to where all of her kids were aweing at Momo. Nayeon chuckles at her kids and shakes her head when she sees Sana drooling. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon couldn’t believe she was going to see her parents. She hesitantly knocked on the door. Her parents weren’t that rich that they lived in a mansion, but they were still living above the average pay. 

 

“Nayeon?”, the door opened and her mother gasped when she saw her daughter in front of her. 

 

“Mom…”, Nayeon says in disbelief. She can’t believe she was doing this. 

 

“Please come in”, her mom said and Nayeon slowly walked in. The feelings of nostalgia came as she remembered all of the moments spent in this house. Alone. 

 

“No dad?”, she questioned and her mother shook her head. 

 

“You know how busy he is with work”, her mom says to sugarcoat things. ‘She’s been saying that phrase ever since…’, Nayeon shook her head. She can’t get mad right now, she needs to tell her mom. 

 

“Mom, you know how I adopted Jeongyeon and Sana? Right?”, Nayeon asks, making sure that she at least knew her kids. She saw that mother’s facial expression changed and she nodded in response. “I adopted another girl… She’s the same age as Sana. Her name is Jihyo. She’s so cheerful and loud… But I guess that’s her charm”, Nayeon chuckled as she played with the chair’s armrest. Her mother remained silent. “I might adopt another one. I’m still in the process of thinking about it. Her name is Momo. I saved her yesterday. She was being harassed by these two men and I saved her mom. Aren’t you proud of me?”, she looks into her mother’s eyes, who remained emotionless. Nayeon scoffs. “Of course, you’re not proud”, Nayeon got up from her chair and walked to the door. “You know, I thought you would change when you realize that these girls are really important to me”, she whispered in a harsh tone. 

 

“Nayeon…”, the girl froze at her mother’s soft voice. Her hand remained still on the doorknob. She didn’t dare to look at her mom in the face, she stared at the mat placed near the door. “You should adopt her. I’m sure she will make a great addition to the family like Jihyo is”, Nayeon smiled at her mother’s word. She nodded and turned the doorknob to open the door. She turned around to take a quick peek at her mom and they both gave each other a nod. For the first time in years, Nayeon left her childhood home with a smile on her face. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon sat in the very same cafe where she was asked to leave because of her loudness, but today she promised the manager that she wouldn’t cause any commotion.

 

“I promise Sowon-ssi that I won’t yell”, Nayeon begged as she tightly held her drink against the table, not wanting to leave her spot. Sowon crossed her arms as she watched Nayeon have her fit. The manager looked at the other staff members and all they did was shrug at her. 

 

“Are you done Nayeon unnie?”, Sowon annoyingly asked and Nayeon immediately stopped acting like a kid. “Gee, I never thought adopting kids could turn you into a literal kid?”, the taller girl teased as Nayeon glared at Sowon. 

 

“Ha. Ha. Very funny”, Nayeon sarcastically said. Sowon smirked. 

 

“I heard you adopted another girl. You should bring her in the cafe, it’s been a while since we’ve seen the kids”, Sowon said and Nayeon looked around to see Yuju and Umji waving at them from the cashier. 

 

“Yeah, bring the kids!”, Yuju yelled as she pouted. “I miss them so much”, Umji agreed with Yuju as she punched in the customer’s order on the register. Nayeon nodded at the two and turned to look at Sowon.

 

“Actually, I’m here to meet another potential future family member”, Nayeon wiggled her eyebrows and Sowon went ‘ooo’ at her. 

 

“Well, I hope things go well and if they want to eat or drink anything. It’s on the house!”, Sowon offered and Nayeon thanked her. Sowon left to go do her manager stuff and Nayeon patiently waited for Momo to come. After ten minutes, Nayeon’s patience was starting to wear down (must be something she ended up getting from Jihyo). She was about to curse until she saw the familiar blonde-haired girl walking in the cafe. 

 

“Momo!”, Nayeon called out and Momo immediately smiled at the familiar voice. She skipped to where Nayeon was seated and she gave a small hug to the older girl. 

 

“What’s the meaning of this?”, Momo asked as she took a seat across from Nayeon. 

 

“I wanted to ask you something…”, Nayeon fiddled with her napkin and Momo raised her eyebrow. Nayeon took a quick look at Momo who was encouraging her to go on and tell her. ‘Here goes nothing’.

 

Nayeon spoke in Japanese, “I want to adopt you, Momo”, Momo froze at the sentence and Nayeon waved her hand in front of the younger’s face, snapping her back to reality. The Japanese shook her head. 

 

“I can’t”, Momo whispered. 

 

“Huh?”, Nayeon said in shock.

 

“Huh?”, the GFriend staff says in surprise. 

 

“Huh?”, the cafe customers say in unison. 

 

“Uh…”, Nayeon has nothing else to say. ‘Well… Now, what!?’, surprisingly out of the three kids no one has said no… “Am I allowed to ask the reason why?” 

 

“I need to take care of someone. Ever since I joined my previous dance crew, I promised I would take care of them”, Nayeon nodded in admiration. Momo was only eight years old, yet she was already helping to take care of someone. 

 

“I can take care of both of you”, Nayeon offered and Momo shook her head. 

 

“I don’t know… I don’t want to cause you so much trouble. You already have so many kids. I mean if you do adopt me and my friend... You’ll have five kids!? Isn’t that crazy for you?”, Momo asks. Nayeon shook her head as if taking care of this many kids wasn’t that much. 

 

“Momo, I have thought about it a lot. And I really do want to adopt you and the person who you promised to take care of. You’re already so mature for an eight-year-old, you and Jeongyeon won’t be much of a hassle. How old is this friend of yours?” 

 

“She’s six years old”, Nayeon was shocked because that’s the youngest she’s ever had. Thoughts filled her head as she thought about how this kid might not be as mature as Momo. Nayeon pondered for a minute. 

 

“I would like to meet her then!”, Nayeon said out loud, earning stares from everyone in the cafe. Momo tucked her head in her sweater in embarrassment. Sowon came out of the kitchen holding a spatula, and Nayeon immediately crouched down on her knees and started saying sorry to everyone in the cafe. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dahyun-ah”, Momo called out as they entered the place where their previous dance company provided for shelter. Nayeon’s nose crinkled in disgust. She really has turned into a neat freak because of Jeongyeon. The place was like a military dorm, except ten times dirtier as there were puddles of unknown substances. 

 

“This is what your company gave you?”, Nayeon asked in disbelief. Momo shyly nodded, embarrassed that Nayeon now knows that she has been staying in a filthy place. 

 

“Dahyun? Where are you? Nayeon is with me. The nice girl I told you about”, Momo kept talking, trying to find Dahyun. She saw a petite body lying in the corner of the room and shook her head. “Dahyun, please wake up. You can sleep in a more comfortable bed in Nayeon’s house”, Nayeon smiled at Momo’s words. She saw that Dahyun was starting to wake up. She gasped when she saw that the little girl was very pale. 

 

“Omo! We need to get you some sun”, Nayeon panicked and immediately picked up Dahyun and placed her outside to where the sun was shining the most. Momo laughed as Dahyun was giggling. 

 

“Again! Again!”, Dahyun cutely asked, wanting to be picked up again. Nayeon complied and picked up the six-year-old. 

 

“It’s okay, that’s just her normal skin. Trust me, I tried giving her everything that contained vitamin D to see if anything would change”, Dahyun reached out to Momo and Nayeon gave her to the Japanese. “Nothing happened. So, I ended up finding out that Dahyun just has really pale skin”, from her pocket, Momo pulled out a photo of a family that all had pale skin, Nayeon guessed that it was Dahyun’s family. “They lost her, but never found her. That’s when a member from the company found her and took care of her. This photo was in Dahyun’s baby blanket”, Nayeon listened to Dahyun’s backstory. It was amazing at how much knowledge Momo had on Dahyun. Momo handed Dahyun to Nayeon. The six-year-old cooed at Nayeon. 

 

“Hi, aren’t you a pretty girl?”, Nayeon said in her baby voice. “You’re so tiny as well, I think you’re the tiniest out of all of them”, Dahyun smiled at Nayeon. “When we go home, you’ll have three new sisters”, Momo grinned at the sight of her new mom, holding her new younger sister.

 

—— 

 

After the two weeks of intense adopting, Nayeon had decided for the time being to settle with five kids for now. She wanted the girls to grow more before she decided to adopt again. 

 

“You’ll never get me!”, Momo screamed as she played with Sana, her so-called ‘destined Japanese sister’. Nayeon chuckled at the thought of when they first met and started speaking in fluent Japanese. The cutest thing was when Dahyun spoke in English and said. 

 

“Stop it! Dahyun no understand!” 

 

It was literally the cutest thing she has heard ever since Jeongyeon did aegyo to Nayeon, when she wanted a specific LEGO set. Having young kids can really brighten your day, however, at night it’s horrible. When it was just Jeongyeon and Sana, they were very calm and the two would read bedtime stories. Then Jihyo came, there used to be crying and screaming but now Jihyo has changed ever since she made amends with Sana. However, she is still a struggle when trying to put the ‘human mic’ to sleep. The worst thing was Sana had gotten more energetic and her true identity was finally revealed as she said the most logical thing Nayeon has heard her say.

 

“Green tea is green”, that was the moment when Nayeon started taking mental notes to check up on how the kids are doing in school, especially Sana. Nayeon learned that Momo and Dahyun loved to sleep, maybe it was because they never got a proper good night sleep from that dainty military dorm, but the mother was glad that they enjoyed sleeping. However, whenever school time came, it was always hard to wake up Dahyun. You would always need to wake up Dahyun an hour earlier before the actual time. Nayeon let Jeongyeon take the responsibility of waking up Dahyun, knowing that the first daughter was always awake at early times. Momo was struggling with Korean so Nayeon took the initiative, along with Sana’s help, to teach Momo. The bunny-toothed girl would always forget that Sana was actually Japanese, the girl was so smart and fluent in Korean already. The kids would always joke around with Sana, saying Korean jokes with her and calling her ‘Kim Sana’. Momo’s appetite always made Nayeon have to go to the grocery store everyday. Jeongyeon’s cooking was Momo’s favourite type of food, she also really loved jokbal. Jeongyeon, Sana and Momo were all dancing in JYP’s company, while Jihyo took singing lessons and Dahyun stayed home to do whatever she wanted. After school, Dahyun was often home alone with Nayeon. 

 

“DAHYUN”, Nayeon yelled from their new kitchen. With the help of Nayeon’s parents, the six moved into a bigger house. Nayeon’s relationship with her parents had strengthened after she had introduced Jihyo, Momo and Dahyun to them. Nayeon’s mom started crying at the happy family her daughter had. Just like the saying, ‘like mother, like daughter’, Nayeon cried as well. School had ended and Dahyun walked home with Nayeon. While the others were at their lessons. The cute Dahyun ran into the kitchen in her onesie. 

 

“Yes, Nayeon?”, Dahyun tilted her head, curious on what her mother wanted. Nayeon sighed. ‘The influence of Yoo Jeongyeon’, she rubbed her forehead. 

 

“How many times do I have to tell you this..? CALL ME EOMMA”, Nayeon complained, by accident flicking the chocolate chips on the floor. Dahyun was about to go grab it until Nayeon stopped her. “No, Dahyun!”, Nayeon begged until Dahyun started pouting with puppy eyes. ‘This kid is a lot smarter than you think she is’.

 

“waewaewaewaewae?”, Dahyun started singing and doing the shuffle dance. Nayeon squealed at the sight and started laughing. 

 

“Where did you learn that Dahyunie?”, Nayeon asked in between her laughs. 

 

“Peach!”, Dahyun exclaimed as she continued to dance. Nayeon laughed knowing who she was talking about. She grabbed her phone and started recording Dahyun.

 

“Keep dancing Dahyun! I’m sure the others would love to see this”, Nayeon recorded the video and sent it to Jisoo and Lisa. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Right now, the three were supposed to be at their dancing lessons, however, JYP canceled at last minute saying he had a family emergency. The three wished that whatever happened, everything was okay. JYP strictly told them to behave and to not tell Nayeon that he gave them money to buy food. He offered that the three went to GFriend’s cafe. As soon as they stepped foot in the cafe.

 

“OUR FAVOURITE KIDS!”, Yuju yelled out and went to hug the three dancers. 

 

“What about Jihyo and Dahyun?”, Momo smugly asks and Yuju froze at her bluntness. 

 

“This one is a feisty one. Looks like she won’t get any cake…”, Yuju whistled as Umji smiled at the interaction, from behind the counters. Momo pouted and started doing aegyo.

 

“Me Gustas Tu. Gustas Tu”, Momo made a heart shape out of her hands and Yuju squealed. She nodded. 

 

“Okay, hand me the money and you’ll get your cake”, Yuju let out her hand and received the money that JYP gave the three. Sowon, Eunha and Yerin walked out of the kitchen to see the three kids at their cafe. 

 

“Kids!”, Yerin yelled as she picked up Jeongyeon. She started showering Jeongyeon with kisses as the younger tried to push Yerin off of her.

 

“Stop it unnie!”, Jeongyeon all squeamish from the kisses. Sana and Momo giggled, knowing that Jeongyeon hated kisses. The three staff members brought them to a table. Eunha picked up Sana and placed her on her lap. Momo sat beside Sowon, while Yerin was still attacking Jeongyeon. 

 

“Okay, Yerin. I think that’s enough”, Sowon was amused at Jeongyeon who looked as if she lost her soul. Sowon started to run her fingers through Momo’s blonde silky hair. 

 

“I thought you guys have dance right now?”, Sowon asked. Eunha and Yerin raised an eyebrow at the girls. 

 

“You’re not skipping to eat our cakes? Right?”, Eunha teased, tickling Sana, earning a giggling fit from the Japanese. Umji shook her head disappointingly at the kids as she placed three plates of a slice of cake on the table. 

 

“Well as long as they paid, then I’m fine with it”, Umji pretends to be sad and she felt Sana poke her cheek, which made her break her facade. Umji makes a funny face, making Sana laugh again. 

 

“We would never skip our dance class! JYP had a family emergency and besides it would be impossible to escape the Im Patrol”, Jeongyeon joked as everyone started laughing. Once everyone stopped laughing, Momo raised her head out of her plate. 

 

Momo asked with cake crumbs around the corners of , “Do you guys have jokbal?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Jihyo was at her singing lessons. She stood out straight and tall (although she was still very short), fluently singing the scale as loudly as she could. The man played the piano to help accompany Jihyo, but it seemed like she didn’t need it. You can barely hear the piano through her voice. Once Jihyo finished, the piano man took out the earplugs and gave a thumbs up to Jihyo. 

 

“Fighting piano man!”, Jihyo cheerfully says. The man smiles brightly after hearing the seven-year-old cheer for him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dahyun-ah, I’m tired”, Nayeon mumbled against the pillow and Dahyun threw another pillow at her head. Nayeon glared at the girl who innocently smiled. “Let me sleep so I can be ready for work”, to Nayeon’s surprise, she balanced her schedule well when it came to work. The furniture store said it was okay if Nayeon came on the weekends because not many people come during the weekdays. For the pet store, Nayeon goes every weekday from six to nine. She used to work more hours until she thought about taking care of Dahyun first. Although, the store doesn’t mind having Dahyun there. 

 

“Dahyun wants to play with you eomma”, Nayeon could hear the pout from Dahyun’s voice. If she doesn’t play with Dahyun, she already knows that there will be a fit coming soon. Nayeon sighed and got up from her comfortable bed. 

 

“Okay, let’s go play”, Nayeon tiredly says. She crouched down and Dahyun hops on her back. “Dahyun… Why does it smell like it’s burning?”, Nayeon sniffed. 

 

“Cookies”, Dahyun cutely says. Nayeon started screaming as she threw Dahyun on her bed.

 

“DAHYUN DON’T COME OUT OF THE ROOM”, Nayeon sprinted out of the room and down the halls. After ten seconds, Nayeon runs in the kitchen to see the oven burning. She started to panic. “WHERE’S THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER”, Nayeon yelled out, running around in circles. She could hear Dahyun yell out in return from her room. 

 

“CABINET EOMMA”, Nayeon quickly opened all of the cabinets to indeed see a red fire extinguisher. She took it, prepared the equipment to use it and quickly opened the oven and sprayed the oven for what seemed like a whole minute. After making sure the smoke was gone and that the smoke alarms were off, Nayeon said that Dahyun could come out. Dahyun came out of the room to put her hands on her hips, the younger gave a look of disappointment. 

 

“Imagine if eomma went to sleep, then the whole house is FIRE!”, Dahyun complained and Nayeon felt her legs go weak. So this is what it feels like for your youngest daughter to knock you out with her words. 

 

—— 

 

“IT'S CHRISTMAS!”, Dahyun shouted, waking up everybody. Nayeon eyes widen at the ‘Tofu’ who was awake. Dahyun never wakes up this early, yet today is a special day. Nayeon picked up Dahyun.

 

“Merry Christmas Dahyun-ah! Ready to go see what Santa left for us?”, Dahyun eagerly nodded and Nayeon walked into the living room with Dahyun. They had set up a Christmas tree with ‘lovely’ decorations. The tree decorations were… Unique. You could easily tell who decorated what part of the tree. Jeongyeon being the neat and organized one, her area looked nice. Sana had too many bright colours and sparkles, to the point where it could blind your eyes if you looked at it for too long. Jihyo decorated hers with music notes and the ribbon she used were music notes with a white background. Momo did a ‘food’ theme and decorated her area of the tree with decorations of miniature food, Nayeon saw that there was chicken wings, sushi, hamburgers and more. As a joke, the girls gave Dahyun, who was the shortest out of all of them, the tallest spot on the tree, but Dahyun used her greatest advantage, which was Im Nayeon. She ended up controlling Nayeon and telling her specifically where she wanted things. Nayeon glared at the four older girls as they looked around, pretending to not pay attention. 

 

“To the right eomma. No, that’s too much. To the left. Stop! RIGHT THERE!”. Surprisingly, it came out very prettily and everyone complimented Dahyun. Nayeon smiled at the tree, amused at the different sections of the tree. She saw how everyone else was awake, possibly because Dahyun woke them up.

 

“Merry Christmas eomma!” 

 

“Merry Christmas Nayeon”, the mother glared at Jeongyeon. ‘She’s never going to call me mother’, Nayeon thought as the kids came to hug her. 

 

“Thanks to Dahyun…”, everyone secretly glared at the innocent girl who was excited to open presents. “I guess we will open presents now!”, everyone cheered as they sat in a circle around the tree. “The oldest first?”, Nayeon suggested and everyone agreed. Jeongyeon whooped and took a present from Nayeon. Momo pouted. 

 

“It’s no fair that she’s older by eight days”, Momo crossed her arms as Dahyun hugged her sister. 

 

“This present is from Nayeon”, Jeongyeon smirked as she slowly said her mother’s name. Nayeon’s eye twitched as she felt Jihyo pat her back. Jeongyeon carefully opened the gift, preserving the wrapper. Everyone was on the edge, trying to see what Jeongyeon got. 

 

“It’s probably LEGO”, Momo guessed and Sana agreed with her.

 

Jeongyeon held the box up high, “It’s LEGO!”. 

 

“Told ya so”, Sana gave a high five to Momo. Nayeon shook her head at the two. 

 

“I’ve never seen this LEGO set?”, Jeongyeon opened the box to see unfamiliar pieces. “What kind of set is this?”

 

“It’s customized, there are pieces that makes our house and there’s also pieces that actually resembles us!”, Nayeon exclaimed and Jeongyeon’s mouth dropped. 

 

“That’s awesome! Thank you eomma!”, Jeongyeon got up to hug Nayeon and the mother smiles brightly in return from hearing the word ‘eomma’. “Your turn Momoring!”, Jeongyeon yelled, earning Momo to clap excitedly. Nayeon handed a present to the second oldest child.

 

“This gift is from Dahyun?”, Momo questioned as Dahyun nodded. “Dahyun-ah, you didn’t have to get anything for me.”

 

“I wanted to!”, Dahyun exclaimed, telling Momo to open the present. Momo smiled as she slowly opened the present. It was a frame of a ripped picture that was taped together with a clear tape that had pink hearts on it. Momo softly gasped when she saw what was in the picture. 

 

“But how did you find it?”, she asked Dahyun with wide eyes. She looked closely at the picture, making sure it wasn’t a copy. 

 

“Nayeon unnie helped me find it in our old home”, Dahyun proudly says and Nayeon grins at her. 

 

“It was all Dahyun’s idea.” 

 

“You found my picture, so I found yours”, Dahyun whispered. Momo held Dahyun’s hand as she placed a soft kiss on her forehead, whispering a thank you. The others smiled brightly at the sight of the two. 

 

“Can I look at the photo Momo?”, Sana asked and Momo nodded. Sana took the photo from Momo’s hand and took a good look. It was a picture of Momo and her mom and dad. Momo was holding a bouquet of flowers, as she wore a black bodysuit, along with heavily stage makeup. Her dad wore an old khaki jacket, with a plaid white shirt, along with dark brown pants. Although her dad was wearing a hat, Sana could tell he was bald. Her mom was wearing a purple dress that wasn’t too slim nor too big. It was just right. The two parents wrapped their arms around Momo, squeezing her in a human sandwich. The family showed bright smiles as the camera’s flash made their eyes and teeth shine even more. Sana smiles sadly at the photo and gives it back to Momo. 

 

“Your turn Sana”, Momo says as she hands a random present from under the tree. Sana takes the present and she reads the tag on the box. 

 

“From Jeongyeon”, Sana looks weirdly at Jeongyeon, who was smiling brightly. Nayeon also looks weirdly at the oldest. 

 

“I don’t remember Jeongyeon buying anything for Sana?”, Nayeon says out loud and Jeongyeon’s eyes widen.

 

“NO NO NO It’s not like that! I swear I was going to get Sana a gift. I was going to make something for her but then the other day she started talking about something and I gave JYP money and he bought it for me”, Jeongyeon explained, trying to convince Sana that she didn’t forget about her. Sana shrugged and proceeded to open the gift. The girl gasped when she immediately opened the box. 

 

“Jeongyeon! You didn’t have to get this for me!”, Sana laughed as she held up fabric softener. Everyone started laughing at Sana’s laugh, which was contagious. Jeongyeon laughed out loudly, clutching her stomach. 

 

“Since when was Sana into fabric softeners!?”, Jihyo asked, trying to stop laughing. After the laughter died down, it was now Jihyo’s turn to receive her present. 

 

“It’s a gift from eomma!”, she excitedly says. Nayeon nodded and told Jihyo to open the gift. Not caring about saving the wrapping paper, Jihyo ripped open the present like a madman. Jeongyeon and Momo tried not to laugh at Jihyo. “It’s a microphone!”, Jihyo said out loud in English. This earned some ‘ooo’s and ‘ahhh’s’ from the girls and a “great pronunciation” from Sana. Lastly, it was finally Dahyun’s turn who has been patiently waiting. 

 

“Dahyun-ah, you’ve waited so well!”, Jeongyeon exclaimed. Dahyun nodded and Nayeon grinned at the youngest. Nayeon took out the largest present and Dahyun cutely gasped. 

 

“This is from all of us”, Nayeon placed the present in front of the young girl. The box was towering over Dahyun and the girl had to stand up to unwrap it. Compared to Jihyo, Dahyun took her time to unwrap the present. She made sure no wrapping paper would go to waste. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After ten minutes of perfectly unwrapping the paper, Dahyun squealed at the stuffed animal. It was a literal Dahyun sized stuff animal of the Pokemon, Charmander. Who looked exactly like Dahyun. “Thank you! Thank you very muchie!”, Dahyun yelled excitedly in English. She went around with the stuffed animal and gave big hugs to her sisters and her eomma. 

 

“I can see Sowon’s English lessons with Dahyun are paying off”, Nayeon muttered to herself as she watched Dahyun speak English with a heavily Korean accent. After everyone opened their presents and to Nayeon’s surprise, the kids had gotten her a gift. She thanked them all and gave big kisses to them. Everyone lied down on the ground all tired from opening presents. They all stared at the popcorn ceiling as the fireplace crackled in the background. Nayeon spoke up, ruining the silence. 

 

“Okay, I guess it’s time to get ready to go to the grandparents!”, a bunch of cheers of excitement was heard, but Nayeon smirked when she heard the two oldest groaning. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m scared, Miss Im.”

 

“Don’t be Mina. I guarantee you they are nice girls. My daughter will take good care of you”, Miss Im says as she helped Mina put her ribbed sweater on. Mina nods as she looks in the mirror. The doorbell rings and Mina could already hear the loud voices of children from downstairs. 

 

“They’re nice girls, but at the same time they can be crazy”, Miss Im teased and Mina giggled. Mina is an orphan from Texas. She is an American-born Japanese. When she was told that she was given a home in Korea, she started to learn how to speak Korean. She’s not very good at it, there will be times where she ends up speaking in English. Miss Im has told her that her daughter adopted five girls.

 

“Wait here, Mina. I will speak with Nayeon first”, Miss Im left Mina sitting on her comfortable bed. She shook her legs in nervousness, ‘what if they don’t like me?”

 

“Grandpa!”, Momo yelled and everyone gave Mr.Im a big hug. 

 

“Merry Christmas grandpa!”, Dahyun said as she handed him a little bag. He opened the bag to see it was full of colourful rocks. Mr.Im smiled. 

 

“Thank you for the rocks Dahyun”, he took Dahyun’s hand and lead her to the living room. He then placed some of the rocks on top of the fireplace. “I will use these as decorations for our fireplace”, Dahyun nodded and smiled at the fact that her grandfather liked the gift. 

 

“Nayeon, can we talk upstairs?”, Miss Im asked. Nayeon looked over at the kids and they seemed to be doing fine on their own. She nodded and followed her mom upstairs. Her mom led Nayeon to her bedroom.

 

“What’s going on? Is everything ok— “, Nayeon froze when she saw Mina sitting on mom’s bed. Mina also froze when she made eye contact with Nayeon. “Uh… Mom, you didn’t kidnap anyone right?”, Nayeon asked and her mom laughed in her face. She shook her head. 

 

“No no! This is Mina”, she pointed at the girl who was nervously smiling. “Mina, meet my daughter Nayeon”, Nayeon smiled at the girl and went closer to her.

 

“Hi, Mina... How old are you?”, Nayeon asked. 

 

“I am seven years old”, Mina shyly replied. Nayeon gasped. 

 

“That’s the same as Jihyo and Sana!”, Miss Im watched the whole interaction until she butted in. 

 

“Nayeon, I need to tell you something but please don’t freak out”, her mother says as she gently waved her hands at her daughter. Nayeon nodded. 

 

“Please don’t tell me you’re going to adopt this girl...”, Mina froze at Nayeon’s response and she frantically looked at Miss Im who looked as if her eyes were going to pop out.

 

“Oh heavens no!”, Miss Im shook her head. “No offense Mina, you’re a great kid”, Mina nodded her head, indicating that she was okay with it. “I’m too old Nayeon!”, Miss Im slapped Nayeon’s shoulder, receiving a loud ‘ow’.

 

“Sorry mom”, Nayeon angrily muttered, rubbing her shoulder. She looked at her mom. 

 

“This is your sixth adopted daughter”, Miss Im slowly says, observing Nayeon’s reaction. Mina also looked closely at her reaction.

 

“Seriously?”, Nayeon asked full of seriousness, Miss Im nodded. Nayeon looked at Mina and took her hand. “It’s nice to meet you, Mina. I guess I’m your new mom now”, Nayeon laughed and Mina chuckled. 

 

“You’re not mad?”, Mina asked. Nayeon looked at Mina as if she was crazy.

 

“Mad? Why would I be mad? Mina-ya, I just met you!”

 

“Exactly!”, Mina exclaimed. “You just met me, what if you didn’t want to adopt me and you’re only just doing this because your mother is making you do this?”

 

“Let me tell you something. Ever since I was young, I never listened to my mom”, Nayeon smirked as Miss Im shook her head in disappointment. Mina raised her eyebrow at her new mother.

 

“Wait..? So that’s it? You’re just going to adopt me?”, Mina asked, still in disbelief. Nayeon simply nodded. 

 

“Mina, you’re the sixth kid I will adopt. Don’t you think I’m a master by now? My kids call me the ‘Ultimate Mom’—“ 

 

“Don’t listen to her, nobody calls her that”, Miss Im interrupted, making Mina giggle more. Nayeon smiles at Mina as she tucked a strand of hair behind Mina’s ear. Nayeon took the time to observe Mina, she had to admit that she was really beautiful for a seven-year-old. She noticed Mina’s perfect posture. The way of how Mina sat with her legs crossed and hands tucked in between her legs. There was a cute mole on her nose and every time Mina smiled, she could easily see her gums. In a way, Mina was really elegant and Nayeon is excited to adopt her because herself and the kids are indeed slobs. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where’s eomma?”, Jihyo asked Sana. The Japanese shrugged as she continued to play Dahyun. 

 

“Maybe she’s with grandma?”, Jeongyeon assumed. Nayeon walked down the stairs, holding Mina’s hand. Miss Im followed from behind.

 

“Look! There she is… But who is she with?”, Momo asked, raising an eyebrow at the elegant looking girl. The others turned to where she pointed and they gasped at the girl. 

 

“Could it be..?”, Jeongyeon muttered to herself. Nayeon walked into the living room with Mina on her tail. Mina was starting to get nervous at the stares the other girls were giving her. Nayeon noticed this. 

 

“Okay girls, it’s rude to stare at our new family member”, Nayeon playfully says and Mina’s cheeks started to tint red. Jeongyeon realized what Nayeon and ran to give Mina a hug. 

 

“Guys, she’s the sixth sister!”, Jeongyeon yelled out and everyone went ‘ohhhhh’. 

 

“Makes sense now…”, Momo hit her own and head and laughed dumbly. 

 

“That’s Pabo #1”, Jeongyeon whispered into Mina’s ear. She giggled at the girl and she saw that the girl was smiling in return. Mina felt someone tug her skirt. She looked down to see a very pale kid, looking up at her.

 

“I like your smile”, Dahyun said in English, of course, she still had the heavy Korean accent. Nayeon started to crack up, knowing that Mina was born in Texas. Mina replied with a thank you in English, which surprised everyone because she didn’t have a Korean accent. 

 

“I was born in Texas, but I am actually Japanese…”, Mina shyly explained as she felt every pair of eyes on her. She’s not used to having this much attention on her. Momo and Sana looked at each other. They both started speaking fluently in Japanese. 

 

“Eh?”, Mina said out loud as she realized the two were speaking Japanese to her. The other two hugged Mina as they started asking her what part of Japan is her family from and a bunch of other questions. Nayeon smiles at the three, knowing that this would happen once Mina said she was Japanese. Mina smiled more, showing her signature gummy smile. Sana started speaking in Japanese really fast and Nayeon lost track of the whole conversation. Dahyun covered her ears. 

 

“I don’t understand Jeongyeon”, Jeongyeon nodded along with Dahyun as she tucked the younger girl’s hair behind her ear. Everyone was shocked at the screams and squeals made by the three. 

 

“God, do all Japanese people scream in high pitches?”, Nayeon said to herself, recalling the time when she scared Momo, but it ended up going the other way because Momo broke a nearby wine glass from her high pitched scream.

 

“We’re going to officially call ourselves the J-Trinity!”, Momo pumped her fist in the air and everyone started laughing at them. 

 

“That’s so cute!”, Miss Im exclaimed and the three pouted as everyone kept laughing. In Momo’s head, the name sounded cool. 

 

——

 

Usually, Nayeon would go to the kids or JYP or even her own mother would lead them to her, but one day two kids showed up on her doorstep. Nayeon was watching the ‘J-Trinity’ try to teach Dahyun some Japanese. Jeongyeon and Jihyo already knew some of the basics and Nayeon was proud at how many languages her own kids knew. She was mostly proud at Dahyun, since she loved to always speak random English. The two cafe cashiers, Yuju and Umji were here to meet Mina. 

 

“Mina? Is that your name?”, Umji cutely asked as she crouched down to Mina’s eye level. Mina nodded as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter