A Wolf's Mate

A Wolf's Mate

Author's Note: Sorry if I'm not as good as my sis, the owner, butt3rflyl0v3r, of this account and this chapter isn't satisfied enough but hope everyone can still enjoy it. Some of you guys must be wondering why butt3rflyl0v3r isn't writing the last chapter but her sis, its because she sprained her wrist at work on Friday so the doctor recommended for her to let it rest so it can heal so she will probably be on a hiatus until her wrist is fully healed. 

 


 

Chapter 16: Epilogue 

 

Life couldn't have been more perfect even if Yuri had the power of the goddess to shape the world to her will. She had everything her heart could ever want and she wasn't talking about jewels and finery, although she had plenty of both as Yunho was constantly showering her with gifts, even after eighteen years together. 

 

Eighteen gloriously joyful years in which Yuri hadn't age a day to Yunho's joy and relief. 

 

Yuri had her charming Lycan mate, her loyal pack that still seems to delight in her very presence in their lives and doted on her at every opportunity, her best friends, and even her brother. 

 

Jaehyuk. Oh, bless him. Jaehyuk hadn't question once in eighteen years why she wasn't aging or where she was most of the time. Her brother wasn't dumb, he knew that something about her had changed but he didn't question it. He didn't care. She was still his sister and he loves her and as long as she visited him often and answer when he called her, he was happy for her and the girls. Oh, how the moon goddess must favor her. All three of them had mated with an immortal and had become immortal themselves. Yoona and Taeyeon had mated and married within three years of the day Yoochun had been defeated. 

 

Yoona, with her resilient woman's confidence and strong will, had swept Changwook off his feet and they had become hot and heavy straight off the bat. The couple had mated within the month, had married at five months and by the eighth month, they had forged their own wolf link. 

 

Taeyeon and Changmin, on the other hand, had taken things slowly. They had dated and had fallen in love over the course of a year before they had gotten married and mated but to Taeyeon's frustration, it had taken another three months for her to shift her first time and another month before they had forged their own wolf link. 

 

Sadly as it had turned out, mortal born mates sometimes found it difficult to form a mate link. All could communicate mentally when they were in Lycan form but forming a true bonding wolf link between mates was sometimes difficult. It was unknown exactly why. 

 

In Taeyeon's case, Yuri strongly suspected that it had been Taeyeon's highly intelligent mind that had gotten in her way. She had tried to shift to the point of frustration but as she had eventually learned, shifting was all about emotions and trusting yourself and the magic inside of you and Seohyun, well Seohyun had married Yonghwa five weeks after their first meeting at the vampire mansion, becoming the vampire princess but unlike Lycan mated mortals, to become an immortal vampire one had to be bitten but it was extremely dangerous. In all previous cases of a vampire trying to turn a mortal, there was a one hundred percent mortality rate and as a result, Yonghwa had downright refused to even try for fear that he would kill her. 

 

It had taken Seohyun a year and a half to get him to bite her, Yuri still didn't know how but when she had ask Seohyun had blush so deeply that Yuri had decided that she really didn't want to know the details but once Yonghwa had given in Seohyun had become a vampire, mate link to her vampire prince. 

 

Seohyun had become the first of the vampire mortal mates turn and herself. Well, Yuri had been the first to marry her immortal mate. Only eighteen hours after the battle that had come to be known to all immortals as the battle of renewal, Yunho's parents had arrived with their entire royal court and half their army, along with all the members of the pack that Yunho had sent away before the battle with the express purpose of meeting her. 

 

Which Yuri had been completely unprepared for due to the fact that Yunho's parents had decided to surprise them with their visit and of course Yunho and herself had been in bed at the time, recovering. 

 

Yunho had woken up with a start and had bolted upright in bed which of course waking her in the process. In Yunho's head, Yuri had read that he could hear a car at the gate and his parents talking inside. 

 

Yuri had leaped straight into panic mode. She was about to meet the king and queen of all Lycan's and she was in bed, and still a little grubby as she had only taken the time to wipe herself down before falling into bed for a much-needed rest. 

 

It had taken Yuri only three minutes to shower and dress in the fanciest dress that she had been able to find in her wardrobe that Jessica had stock. She had hurried downstairs with her hair still dripping wet from her very hurried shower, leaving the bedroom in an epic mess; Yuri had thrown clothes in all directions but Yuri shouldn't have worried so much. Yunho's parents had loved her simply because she brought their son peace. 

 

After they had learned that Yuri had save Yunho's life during the battle, they had look at her with stars in their ancient eyes and after they had gotten married, Yunho had taken her on a five-year-long honeymoon that they had spent touring the world. Yunho had shown her the places of significance to him and she had seen everywhere she had wanted to see, done everything she had ever dreamed of doing before returning to the manor to take on her responsibilities and duties as princess and future queen and so Yuri's life had become better than she could ever have dream. 

 

Yunho had given her her dreams after which Yuri had come to realize that dreams could change and that love was worth sacrificing a few dreams for. Yuri hadn't given up her freedom to be with the man she loves, she was free to do as she pleases regardless of her crown. 

 

So after eighteen years, here Yuri sat on a couch beside Taeyeon in the manor's main library, the room and the manor, were bustling with life and laughter, surrounded by her friends, her family. 

 

The four girls were all there with her, Jessica, Seohyun, Yoona, and Taeyeon. Even though they all had responsibilities of their own and Seohyun live in the vampire mansion, the five of them never went more than a few days without spending time together. 

 

They were family, an integrated part of each other's lives and nothing was ever going to change that but other things had changed. For the better. 

 

The crib next to Jessica that was well within arm's reach for instance. A huge expensive one that was the bed for two infants, identical twin girls with light brown hair and brown eyes. 

 

Yuri still couldn't believe it. Twins. Twins who rarely had reasons to cry as they always had what they wanted well before they even knew they wanted it. The entire pack was protective of them, they were never left wanting. 

 

As the pack was with all the children born of the pack. Jessica had been the first of the pack to bear a child to Donghae's overwhelming joy. Only eight and a half months after Yoochun had been defeated, Jessica had given birth to a healthy baby boy they had name Jaejoong in memory of their fallen brother. 

 

Three years later, Jessica had given birth to their second child, a daughter they name Haewon and now with the birth of the twins, Soojin and Soomin, Jessica couldn't be happier with her loving husband and four children, three of which were girls who would one day become the saviours of three lucky Lycan men who had most likely waited a long time for them. 

 

That was the hope of every mother, that their daughters would find a loving husband worthy of them. 

 

It was almost as if a curse had been lifted. In the past eighteen years nearly every mated female and even one or two who weren't had fallen pregnant and successfully carried to term and on top of that, more than one hundred mortal mates had been found between Yunho's pack, Yonghwa's clan, and the bordering territories. All over the world, more and more mortal mates were being found every year. 

 

Life seems to be exploding all around. 

 

Life and hope. They live in the night but there were no shadows of sorrow or despair anymore, whatever crimes fate had been holding against the immortal races for centuries had been atoned for. 

 

The immortal races hadn't known a more prosperous time since retreating from the mortal world. It was as if dawn had finally broken on an eternal night. More and more mates were finding each other and a lot of the females were from the mortal world. 

 

Yuri herself had been put in charge of locating potential mortal mates. It was her main duty as a princess and future queen, even after a decade and a half Yuri was still getting used to being a royal. 

 

After years of research into mortal mates, it had been discovered that all of the mates born in the mortal world were from certain bloodlines and once this had been discovered tracking potential mortal mates had become almost impossibly easy, even though they were scattered all over the world. 

 

Potential mortal mates were offered well-paying jobs in one of the various companies either Yonghwa or Yunho owned and then unattached immortals looking for their mate were discretely put in close contact with them and all potential mates were just as discretely watch over and protected. 

 

Once an immortal and a mortal were matched the courting would begin and eventually after their relationship had become cemented the truth was presented to the mortal and they were then given a choice to join the immortal world, although the fact that they would live forever was downplayed to prevent the choice being made for the wrong reasons. 

 

So far not one found mortal mate had declined the chance to be with their immortal soulmate. 

 

Loud happy male voices and the sound of an opening door brought Yuri out of her dreamy recollection of the past eighteen years and she looks up in time to see Yunho, Yonghwa, and the three betas enter the room, their eyes immediately coming to rest on their respective mates. 

 

As was natural for them all, each man went immediately to his mate. 

 

"What are you ladies talking about?" Donghae asks, as he smiles down at the twins and then leans over the back of the couch Jessica was sitting comfortably on and nuzzle her ear affectionately. 

 

Yunho follows suit, walking around the couch Yuri sat on to lean down over her from behind and plant a delicate kiss on her neck where he knew she loves to be touch. 

 

Jessica grin, exchanging a secretive knowing look with each of the girls in turn before Yuri spoke up to answer him, "Puppies." 

 

Yonghwa turns to her in confusion after having planted a kiss on the back of Seohyun's hand that he held tenderly in his own. 

 

"Puppies?" Yonghwa cast a quizzical glance at the crib. 

 

Jessica laughs, happily amused, "Not them." 

 

Without looking at Yunho, her husband, her alpha, her love, her warrior wolf, a smile spread over Yuri's pink color lips, the same deliciously happy secretive smile women had worn for thousands of years when they had a secret to share with their man. 

 

Yuri had carefully kept her thoughts clouded from him for the last day and a half; not once had she lower her mental guard. Yunho knew that she was hiding something from him but he had allowed her her secret because he loves and trusted her. 

 

"No." Yuri declares, her tone subtly playful, "I was saying that I want a puppy." 

 

Yunho was nibbling on her neck by this point, as usual not caring who was present. 

 

In his mind Yuri heard him decide to hold his tongue about what a terrible and frightening environment this was for a mortal pet; what his mate wanted she receive. 

 

"What breed? I will have it here by tomorrow's end." 

 

As usual, Yunho hadn't even hesitated to give her something he thought she wanted. Silly wolf, he already had, "Tomorrow?" Yuri said in a shocked tone, enjoying herself, "And here I thought it took nine months." 

 

Yunho froze in mid nibble. 

 

All the women in the room wore wide amused grins while all the men were looking at her, stunned into silence. Careful to keep a straight face and her thoughts clouded and calm, Yuri laid her head back on the couch and found herself looking up into the confused eyes of Yunho's upside-down face. 

 

"Nine months?" 

 

Yuri gave him a loving smile, "I guess I won't be able to go on the run with you for a while." She said, almost regretfully. Yuri love running with him in her wolf form in the moonlight but while she was pregnant she couldn't shift without losing the life she carried; the baby wouldn't survive the radical changes her body had to go through to change forms. 

 

"You are...?" 

 

Yuri's smile widens, her hands automatically move to cover her womb, "A miracle." She finishes for him. 

 

Suddenly Yunho was kissing her with all the love, passion and happiness he possesses, unable to contain it since it was so fierce, "You are the miracle, Yuri." And suddenly Yuri found herself being thrown over his shoulder like he was some caveman intent on carrying her away. 

 

Yuri couldn't stop laughing, "Yunho Oppa!" She squeals, "Where are we going?!" 

 

Yunho held her securely to him as he headed for the open doors, "To celebrate." 

 

Yuri looks back at her friends from where she was perched on top of Yunho's shoulder and smile at them, knowing they were heading to their bedroom. 

 

They all watch them leave, all grinning happily. 

 

Seohyun sat back in her seat amused and happy and said, "A Lycan alpha if I ever saw one." 

 

"Yeah." Yoona said, with a feminine chuckle, "Yuri has him completely at her command. Big, bad alpha prince my ." 

 

"She does have him wrap around her little finger." Taeyeon agreed, with a smile as Changmin wrap his arm around her where they sat together on one of the couches. 

 

Where there had once been despair, misery, and war there now was life, laughter, happiness, and hope. Hope that shone brighter than any sun ever could and it had all began in the least likely of places; with one mortal woman who had risen to become a Lycan queen and the savior of them all.