The Matter of A Heart

The Matter of A Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER: ONESHOT || THE MATTER OF A HEART ||

 

"Hyung, if you decided to go to Seungcheol hyung, please stop making me watching over you!!!" told Mingyu to Jeonghan after he helped Jeonghan to stand up from the slippery floor. 

"Mingyu-ya~~" sighed Jeonghan while looking at Mingyu.

Mingyu gives an exasperated sigh before he walks away, left Jeonghan alone there. 

'Did he think I am his guardian angel or what?' grunted Mingyu. 

Their close relationship is ended two months ago after Jeonghan decided to accept Seungcheol's confession instead of Mingyu's. Mingyu who still could not throw away his feeling for Jeonghan trying his best to avoid Jeonghan but unfortunately for Mingyu, they keep bumping into each other at the college and what make Mingyu more annoyed is each time they bumped into each other, Jeonghan always in the situation which required his help. There was a time, Jeonghan almost fell at the library staircase, another incident was he almost fell and dropped all his books on the ground and today he slipped and fell because of the slippery floor at the cafe. 

'Ahhh...it's annoying,' said Mingyu in his head while ruffle his own hair, as much as he feel annoyed, he also feel guilty when he treated Jeonghan like that. 

"Yaaa~what are you doing?" asked Minghao as soon as he took a seat beside Mingyu in their class. 

"Nothing," replied Mingyu.

Mingyu takes his book out from his bag and put the book on his table and lay down his head on the book.

"Mingyu, until when you are planning to be absent from our club meeting?" asked Minghao.

"I'm planning to change my club," answered Mingyu without lift up his head.

"What??!! Are you crazy?" yelled Minghao.

Mingyu lift up his head when he heard Minghao yelling at his ears.

"Yahhhh!! No need to yell, I need to do it before I become real crazy," said Mingyu. 

"Ok now, who will organize our club events?!! Who will help me to clean our club room?!? Who will...," Minghao's words being cutted by Mingyu.

"Can you relax a bit! It is not like I am the only one member in that club," said Mingyu.

Minghao stares at his friend's face. He sighs.  

"Are you really uncomfortable to be there with them?" Minghao throws the question.

Mingyu turns his head toward Minghao and nods.

"I'm sorry for being this petty, but I seriously feel uncomfortable, the main reason I join the music club is to enjoy doing the performance with you guys but I don't think I can enjoy it anymore,"  explained Mingyu, "So, I might change to business club for gaining knowledge and experience," added Mingyu.

"How could Jeonghan hyung do this to you," said Minghao. 

Mingyu forced a smile, "He only followed his heart, nothing bad about that, so I will do the same," replied Mingyu. 

Minghao patting Mingyu's back to cheer him up. 

_____________________


"Jeonghan-ah! Since when you drink coffee? I didn't know. You used to mad at me when I asked you to drink my coffee," asked Seungcheol during their morning date at the cafe near their neighborhood. 

"Ya~~ Yours is americano, mine is latte, and for your info, I already start drink it a long ago," replied Jeonghan. 

"It's still coffee, anyway I really want to thank the person who taught you, why can't I think you might like latte?" Seungcheol chuckles before he walks away to pick up their order at the counter. 

Jeonghan is taken aback when Seungcheol mentioned about the person who taught him. His thought went somewhere else again.


"You want to try mine?" asked Mingyu after he takes a sip of his americano.

"I don't want, it's bitter," replied Jeonghan.

"You don't drink coffee at all?" asked Mingyu more.

Jeonghan shakes his head, "I've tried a sip of Mocha, it's too strong," told Jeonghan.

Mingyu chuckles, "How about try the least bitter one? Latte? I know you love milk," tried Mingyu.

Jeonghan shakes his head. However Mingyu get up and go to the order counter and came back with a cup of latte in his hand.

"Try it," asked Mingyu.

"I don't want!" said Jeonghan.

"It's caramel latte, I promise it won't taste bitter," said Mingyu.

"Why do you always ask me to do thing I don't want?" Jeonghan feel annoyed.

"I just wanna share a way for you to enjoy the coffee, coffee doesn't have to be espresso or americano, just try a sip, if you really can't, it's ok, I will drink it," persuade Mingyu with a smile plastered on his handsome's face, Jeonghan always weak with that smile.

Jeonghan surrender at last. He lifts up the cup slowly, hesitating to put it on his lips. Mingyu just laughs look at Jeonghan.

"How?" asked Mingyu after Jeonghan succeed take a sip.

"Not bad, I think I can drink this," said Jeonghan feels amaze with himself, his eyes keep looking at the cup, he takes another sip.

Mingyu smiles, he take a tissue from the tray and wipe the foam which stay on Jeonghan's lips.

"Hyung, you are really cute you know!" said Mingyu.

Jeonghan responds with his cheeky smiles before he continue to drink his new favourite drink, Caramel Latte.

___________________


"Jeonghan!" called Seungcheol.

There is no answer.

"Jeonghan-ah!!" called Seungcheol again.

"Hyung, Seungcheol hyung called your name," Seokmin shakes Jeonghan's shoulder when he saw Jeonghan still spacing out even his name already being called two times.

"Ahhh...sorry, yes Seungcheol," Jeonghan flustered when he realized he was not paying attention in their club meeting. 

"You helped Minghao to organize our next performance for Soccer Varsity Championship," said Seungcheol, "Jihoon, please finalize the song for the performance, Soonyoung, after Jihoon finalize the song, prepare the choreography with your team, others please help them," continued Seungcheol as the club's president. 

"Yes!!" answered all the members.

"Ok, we will adjourn our meeting to next Monday," said Seungcheol. 

Jeonghan turns his head to the empty chair on the end of their table meeting. He sighs. He already received the news regarding Mingyu's club transfering. Today, before he come to the music club's meeting, he saw Mingyu from afar walking towards the business club room. Somehow he feels a bit weird inside to watch that. He sighs.

"Jeonghan-ah, let's go home! Today I don't have any other activity," said Seungcheol excitedly.

Jeonghan quickly sends a smile at his bestfriend turned to be his boyfriend. They knew each other since they were in the kindergarten. Seungcheol always helping him, stayed beside him and when they were in the middle school, Jeonghan started dreaming to be Seungcheol's boyfriend as he see Seungcheol as an reliable man but he kept his feeling to himself worried it may ruin their friendship. 

"Did you guys notice Jeonghan hyung kept spacing out lately?" asked Seungkwan to others as soon as Seungcheol and Jeonghan walks out from the room.

"Oh! I thought I'm the only one who notice it," said Soonyoung. 

"I think it is because of Mingyu hyung," said Chan, "I think Jeonghan hyung loves Mingyu hyung more," added Chan.

"Chan~~don't make any assumption, we don't know hyung's real feeling," said Soonyoung.

"I'm with Chan," interrupted Jihoon while gather all his belonging and put them inside his bag.

"Jihoon-ah??" asked Soonyoung for further explanation.

Jihoon just shrugs his shoulders. 

"Ya!!" protest Soonyoung. 

Jihoon scanning all the members in front of him which all of their eyes are on him looked curious, "You guys know right Jeonghan hyung can get confused sometimes," answered Jihoon, "Furthermore he really look lost since Mingyu lessen his time with us, stop coming to our club meeting and now Mingyu had change club, he become worse, when we practiced for our new song, he really didn't pay attenti--no it's not he didn't pay attention but his thought kept going to somewhere else," continued Jihoon. 

Some of them nod their head slowly agree with Jihoon. 

"He seems happy when he with Seungcheol hyung but when he was alone he really lost, do you guys know what happen at the cafe last week?" asked Seungkwan. 

"What happened?" asked Vernon.

"I just about to enter the cafe and I saw he was walking alone while staring at Mingyu hyung walking not far from him and he bumped into the water pile, the water spilled and he slipped on the floor, Mingyu hyung came and helped him to get up but he left Jeonghan hyung immediately after he said something, Mingyu hyung's expression look not so good while Jeonghan hyung kept standing there staring at Mingyu hyung's direction even after Mingyu hyung went away," told Seungkwan. 

"Did you let Jeonghan hyung alone just like that?" asked Vernon.

"Eyyy...of course not, what did you think I am? I went to him after Mingyu hyung left," said Seungkwan.

"He absolutely thinking about Mingyu, Mingyu is the only one can handle him if he was not in the good mood, remember the first time Jeonghan hyung being picked to perform solo song?" said Seokmin. 
 
"He really annoyed and mad, he went out but he came back 1 hour later with Mingyu hyung with smile on his face, I don't know how Mingyu hyung did that," said Chan.

They nod again simultaenously. 

"I want to help him but I don't think it is appropriate for us to interfere unless he is the one who tell us first, moreover he can be very sensitive," said Seokmin.

"I agree with Seokmin, just pretend we know nothing in front of him, unless he tell any one of us first," said Jihoon.


____________________


'Did I make the right choice?' monologue Jeonghan as soon as he takes a seat at one of the table at the library. 

The same question kept playing in his head over and over. Everytime he was by himself, the question will pop up, and he will assure himself he is happy when he spent time with Seungcheol. He shakes his head to brush the thought away before he opens his reference books looking for the suitable contents for his assignment. After spend about 1 hour searching and marking the contents, he go through once more the resources and contents that he gathered, somehow he think he still lack of something. He gets up from his chair and walks toward the bookshelves looking for additional references. After selected the three books from the shelf, suddenly his sees the familiar figure from the empty space between the books on the shelf. He takes a step backward to focus on the figure that caught by his eyes,  Mingyu sits at the table behind the shelf and he is smiling at Wonwoo who is sit beside him. He know Jeon Wonwoo, he is one of the business club member. Jeonghan already saw Mingyu with Wonwoo several times since Mingyu transfered to business club. Jeonghan lowering his gaze while bites his lower lip. The seat beside Mingyu used to be his, they used to study together in here. He slowly walks toward his seat while thinking the time they spend together in the library. 

"Mingyu-ya, it's already 10 minutes, quickly wake up," whispered Jeonghan and shakes Mingyu's arm to wake him up from his nap.

"Ughhh!! Why did 10 minutes passed very fast if I nap, huarghh!!! said Mingyu and yawns at the end of his words, "If I was waiting for something, it will pass very slowly," complained Mingyu while stretching his arms. 

Jeonghan giggles, Mingyu usually sound mature but at the certain times he can be childish and very cute. 

"Hyung, didn't you feel sleepy?" asked Mingyu, still lay down his head on the table. 

Jeonghan nods, "But I need to finish this and submit it before 4pm, if not my final mark will be deducted," told Jeonghan.

Mingyu raises his head and massage softly Jeonghan's shoulder, "Your shoulder must be tired," said Mingyu, Mingyu shifts the massage to the back of Jeonghan's neck. 

"Feel better hyung?" asked Mingyu, tilted his head.

Jeonghan smiles and nods, "Thank you Mingyu, if like this I'm sure I can finish it faster," add Jeonghan.

"Ouchh," hissed Jeonghan, the pain from bumped into someone make him awake from his reverie, "I'm sorry," said Jeonghan while bowing to the student he bumped into.

"It's ok, please be careful," said the student.

Jeonghan bows again to the student before he turns back to steal a glance at Mingyu and slowly proceed his way to his seat. 


'What is in your mind hyung?' Mingyu asked himself after he saw Jeonghan bumped into someone not too far from his table and before Jeonghan is about to turn around Mingyu quickly shifts his gaze on his book. He can tell that Jeonghan looks at his direction from the corner of his eyes. 

'I'm sorry hyung, you can call me petty or what so ever but you already made your decision so do I, I can't pretend that I'm fine to walk, to sit beside you or to spend the time with you same as before, so I will stop hanging out with you from now on and I hope you will be happy with Seungcheol hyung'

Mingyu remembered his last words after Jeonghan told him, he was sorry to reject his confession. Jeonghan let out his wish to stay as a close friend with Mingyu but Mingyu did not want it. For him there are no friendship between him and Jeonghan. He is very clear with his own feeling. He cannot live in a pretend to be friend with Jeonghan because Mingyu sure he would not be able to forget his feeling for Jeonghan.  However after look at Jeonghan today, he did not know what he should do.

“Wonwoo hyung, I want to go back first, thank you for helping me, I will treat you meal later ok?" said Mingyu while gathers all of his belonging. 

"Ok, don't forget to finish your business proposal for our club, Jun and Joshua always want to look at our proposal during meeting, just text me if you want to ask for anything," said Wonwoo.

"Thank you hyung," Mingyu smiles to his senior he just get to know from business club. 

A week after he transfered to business club, he learned a few new thing also get to know new persons. In general, business club more formal and organize while music club more casual and free. He also get to know Jun hyung the president club, Jisoo hyung the vice president and Wonwoo hyung, the secretary and treasurer for the club. The calm this three hyung posses really amaze him. He need to learn more from them. 

Mingyu walks straight to the library entrance until he heard the soft voice calling for his name. He hesitates at first but he stops at last when the voice call him again for the second time. Mingyu turns his body to the owner of the voice. 

"Yup?" very short answer from Mingyu. 

He looks straight at the face of the person standing in front of him looks flustered. 

"What is it hyung? If you don't have anything to say I have other stuff to do," lied Mingyu, the truth is he just want to go away from the uncomfortable situation right now. 

"I'm sorry, I-I just wanna see you," Jeonghan replies with a bit hesitation.

"Why?" Mingyu asks. 

They look at each other face for a moment before Jeonghan shakes his head slowly. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry to bother you," said Jeonghan before he walks away. 

Mingyu furrows his forehead and looks at Jeonghan who quickly walks away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter