Homecoming - Lei Ting x Da Dong

KO Drabbles

A/N I dedicate this chapter to all those who got disappointed with the wedding scene in KO One Re-Call.

 

 
Da Dong went out of his tent. From his line of sight, he could see his alternate sitting alone on the boulder. He wanted to walk up to him and talk to him about what or who he was thinking, but not only being near each other would affect them, but he knew he wasn‘t ready to talk.
 
“Da Dong...”
 
He looked back to see Xiu walking up to him. He stood by his side as both of them watched Xia Tian drown in his loneliness for that moment. 
 
"I don’t understand...” Da Dong said. “If he loves Han so much, why did he have to leave her at the altar and be sad about it?". Xiu let out a sigh. "He's the ultimate iron man. The Zhong Ji Tie Ke Ren. He have his responsibilities. And he knew this battle will someday take his life. If he married Han, he will only hurt her more." Xiu answered.
 
Then, he remembered the time he broke up eith Lei Ting. When he found out how dangerous this battle is going to be, and how it might cause him his life, he broke up with her. Maybe, it wasn't only their looks that's similar, the way they love is the same as well.
 
But the difference is, although Xia Tian knew Han would follow him like Lei Ting did, he did not allow her to follow him so that she could stay safe. As for Lei Ting, nothing can stop her to follow Da Dong and fight beside him.
 
But he would the same thing, he knew. If not only for the shoes he gave her, she woukd not follow him. "I would do the same to protect Ah Xiang, Da Dong. I'm sure you would do everything to keep Lei Ting safe, right?" Xiu asked. 
 
He looked at him for a long. He will do everything within his power to protect the girl he loves. Especially now that she lost most of her Yi Neng. 
 
Just then, the alarm rang. They are under attack. "Xia Tian!" They heard Xia Yu shout. Da Dong took his dragon tattoed pan, and readied himself to attack. One of the dimension guards walk up to them. "Xiu, they are here." they told him. 
 
"Xia Yu? Where is Xia Yu?" Xia Tian asked as he ran towards them. "He's fighting them off, together with Meng Zhu." the guard said. Xia Tian looked at his alternate. "Da Dong, Xiu, protect the north side. I will help Xia Yu and the rest to fight them off."  he said in an authoritative tone.
 
Da Dong was surpirsed how his alternate turned from a love sick man, to a sokdier ready  to fight in an instant. He nodded at him, and together with Xiu, they ran to make their attack.
 
--
 
"Da Dong!"
 
Lei Ting sat up on her bed. Beads of cold sweat ran through her forehead. For the tenth time, she had the same nightmare about Da Dong getting killed in the battlefield.
 
The door immediately opened, as Qiu Qiu came inside her room. She has been staying at Lei Ting's house since she lost all of her powers. "King, are you all right?" she asked. Lei Ting nodded her head. "I... I just had a bad dream." she said. It's been days since she last heard from Da Dong, and she's getting worried. Not to mention the nightmare she's been having the past few days. 
 
"I need to find him." she announced. As she was about to get up from her bed, Qiu Qiu stopped her. "No! King, you can't follow him. Not yet." she said. She looked up at her friend, tears about to fall from her eyes. "Qiu Qiu, you don't understand... I have not heard from him. I'm worried that something might have happened to him." she told him. "But your Yi Neng... you have not fully recovered your powers, King. How can you follow him?" Qiu Qiu said. 
 
She could only cry. She felt helpless, knowing she could not follow or help Da Dong at the great battle. If only her Yi Neng was not up, she would have been able to return to his side much sooner. She wanted to know how he's been doing, but not even Xiu had tried to contact her, or anyone from the class. 
 
Qiu Qiu felt sad for her. She could only hug her as she cried. She could understand how worried she is with Da Dong. 
 
--
 
Da Dong and Xia Tian continued to fight the demons sent by Lord Diablo. Da Dong knew his powers would be low soon, but he had to help and protect Xia Tian. 
 
"What is your dream?" Xia Tian suddenly asked in the middle of the fight. As he throw a punch at one of the demons, he gave the ultimate iron man a confused look. "Seriously, why are you asking that question?" Da Dong asked. "Because you know what my dream is?" Xia Tian asked as he made another attack. "I just want to start a family with Han. Maybe have two kids - a son and a daughter." he said. 
 
Da Dong could not help but laugh. He still could not believe how simple his alternate is. Not to mention, this is the Ultimate Iron Man, the strongest among the 12 dimensions. "Have a house of our own, right next to mom and dad. I'll teach my son to play guitar, and maybe Han can teach our daughter to play the drums." 
 
As he made another attack, Da Dong began to think. What really is his dream? 
 
He dreamed of being the strongest high schooler in the world, maybe number one in the ranking. He dream of being a dimension guard and fight all the demons. He dream of her.
 
Her.
 
Da Dng paused. Suddenly, he thought of Lei Ting. Just like Xia Tian, he dream of spending the rest of his life with her. Maybe their child will be the next boss of Zhong Ji Yi Ban, and began number one in the KO rankings. But most of all, he dreams of her as her lovely bride. 
 
He made another attack, and before he knew it, he was leaning at Xia Tian's back. "You have a girl, don't you?" Xia Tian asked. "Lei Ting. She's Ah Xiang's alternate in the gold dimension. You met her before, and you thought she was Ah Xiang." she said. Xia Tian smiled."Ah, yes, the girl who kicked Lan Ling Wan in the knee." he said. Da Dong let out a laugh. "That's my girl." Da Dong said proudly. 
 
Just them, the dimension door appeared. Da Dong gave Xia Tian a confused look. "Why is the door here?" he asked. As soon as Xia Tian finished the last demon, he turned to face his alternate. "I know your dream." Xia Tian said. Da Dong gave him another confused look. "You are me. I am you. Although we are in different dimension."
"Xia Tian?"
"Do you dream about her?"
 
Da Dong nodded his head. "Go to her." Xia Tian told him. Da Dong shook his head. "But the battle-"
"This battle will never end, Da Dong. And as long as you're alive, you should go and find your dream. I already broke my heart choosing to fight this battle than marrying Han. Don't do the same  thing. At least that way, we'll be different." Xia Tian said. 
 
Da Dong let out a smile. "Lei Ting..." he said as he looked at the door. "I will be back, Xia Tian. I promise I will be back." Xia Tian nodded his head. As Da Dong ran towards the door, another demon made a surprise attack at him. 
 
--
 
Lei Ting was about to go to school when the dimension door suddenly appeared. The door opened, and Da Dong came out of it. 
 
"Da Dong!" she shouted. She immediately ran to him. As she reached him, he fell on to his knees. She looked closely at his face, and could see how hurt he must have been from the battle. "Lei Ting. I'm back." he said with a smile.
 
Lei Ting smiled tearfully at him. She hugged him tight, as if she will never let him go. "I miss you... I miss you so much,it hurts." she said tearfully. Da Dong embraced her tight. He almost lost his life before he could enter the dimension door, and all he can think about while fighting off the demons is that he should stay alive for her.  "It hurts." he said with a laugh. 
 
She wiped the tears from her face. "I'll get help." she said. Before she could let him go, Da Dong help her hand tightly. 
 
"Lei Ting, I want to tell you something..." he said. "I need to get help for you. You're hurt.  We need to bring you to the hospital." she said worriedly.
 
Da Dong shook his head. "The hospital can wait. What I'm going to say can't wait anymore." he said. He reached for her face, and caressed her cheek. "Do you know what my dream is?" he asked. Lei Ting shook her head. "Then, you should know what my dream is. Because my dream... my dream is you..."
 
Lei Ting smiled. There are still tears in her eyes, but it was of happiness. "There are times when I go to fight, and think, this might be my end. There are times when I think I could no longer go back to this dimension, because the war just wouldn't end. But every time I feel like giving up, whenever I close my eyes, I can see your smiling face, telling me I can do it, I can win my battle. It's because of you that I keep on surviving. I do my best to be alive, to stay alive. Because I promised you that my life is yours. Because I promised you that I will stay alive for you, that one day, I will be back to your side. Because I can't die without having to tell you how much I love you." he said. 
 
She was speechless. She was too overwhelmed with happiness to even say a word. "I love you too..." she was able to finally say. "I love you so much Da Dong. Thank you for still being here. I just hope I could fight your battles with you." she said. 
 
He held her hand. "You know what else is my dream?" he asked. "What is it?" she asked. He looked into her eyes, and smiled. A tear fell from his eyes as he gazed into her lovely face. "To be my wife."
 
Lei Ting was stunned upon hearing that. He held to her hand as he knelt down in front of her. "I know you are too young for this, but I can't go back to the battle without asking you this. Little Miss Lei Ting, I don't have a ring with me right now." he said as he let out a small laugh. "But please know that my words are sincere. I can't promise you a peaceful life, but no matter what time or dimension, I promise to love and protect you will all my heart and soul. Because in this universe, you're the one I'm fated to love for the rest of my life. Will you marry me?" 
 
Lei Ting nodded her head. "Even without a ring, yes, I will marry you, Da Dong." she said. With that, Da Dong stood up. With all his strength, he carried her and twirled her around. "Da Dong! Put me down, I'm getting dizzy!" Lei Ting shrieked. As he put her down, he leaned down to her, and sealed his proposal with a kiss on the lips.