This Shall Come To Pass

UnTouchable

“Minatozaki Sana. Shall we go somewhere to take a rest?”

 

Sana looked up at the woman in front of her with wide eyes. What does she mean? No way… Is it? Is it… A green light?! Seizing the opportunity in front of her, Sana smirked and brushed her hair back with flirtatious intent.

“Where would you like to go?”

 

OOOOO

 

Damn, she meant “real” rest. What was I thinking? Ugh, this is all Dahyun’s fault! Sana recalled the times Dahyun would ask her to “go there and take a rest,” and by there, she meant a hotel.

I got it wrong because Dahyun kept whining to me to rest whenever she’d see a hotel [I should’ve made her take an endless rest after she said that.]

Sana examined her surroundings. They were seated on two different park benches that were slightly parted. Tzuyu pulled out another plastic wrap out of her bag and placed it on the bench to be used as a cover.

Sana couldn’t believe the situation she was in. Parks were supposed to a romantic place for couples, but this felt so awkward. Talk about a letdown, she sighed internally. Sana peered over to look at Tzuyu, who had a stiff expression on her face. They sat in uncomfortable silence until Tzuyu spoke up.

“I think I should tell you… that I can’t have a relationship with you. Whether you like me or not, I can’t help it… My condition that is. Because it’s something that can’t be controlled.” Tzuyu glanced at her. “Nothing will happen between us. So, you’d better stop doing this find someone else…”

Sana frowned, and interrupted her. “Am I not attractive to you?” she asked with her eyebrow raised.

“No, that’s not what I meant. I just can’t…” Tzuyu trailed off.

“Then, it’s fine! You almost hurt my pride.” Sana leaned back. “I know what you’re saying and how serious it is. Well, I think my only option is to get rid of the cause.”

Tzuyu turned to face Sana completely. “What…?” She looked surprised.

“If I was going to find another person, and give up on you, then I wouldn’t have even started.” Sana’s eyes trailed over Tzuyu’s face, she gave her a soft smile. “I told you. It must be chi… no, I mean… it must be you, Chou Tzuyu.”

Tzuyu stared at her wordlessly. She sighed and looked up at the sky. The stars were starting to come out in the night sky. “Well, it seems like I won’t get anything today. So, let’s go.” Tzuyu started to gather her things.

“W—wait, I haven’t finished…” Sana cocked her head to the side and pointed at a spot next to Tzuyu. “Oh, right! I wanted to tell you this from a while ago… but there’s a cockroach next to you.”

Tzuyu whipped her head to the side and her line of sight locked onto the cockroach crawling on the plastic wrap next to her. Her eyes popped out of her socket as she saw the cockroach scampering closer and closer toward her.

Typhoid, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Salmonella, Cholera… There are thousands of bacteria and germs that a cockroach can carry… Thousands of germs that could come into contact with me…

“Agh! Run! Typhoid!!” Tzuyu sat up immediately and ran away from the bench in a hurry without looking back.

“What?! Where are you going??” Sana called after her while trying to give chase to the long-legged woman.

 

OOOOO

 

Sana stood outside her door, and turned to Tzuyu. “As promised, I’ll give you your books back. The phone number on the box was yours, right?”

“Yes…”

Sana entered the code on the number pad and opened the door. “Please wait here, I’ll send it to you.” She disappeared behind the door, and it closed with a beep.

Tzuyu was confused. “… Send it to me?” How tiring… just what is she planning now?

Tzuyu’s phone buzzed in her pocket. She took it out and unlocked the screen. There was a text from an unknown number. “What is this?” She opened the text, and there was the picture of the first page of the book. The first page of “Sad Puppy”! Is she playing games?! Tzuyu was bewildered. She got a call from that same number, Tzuyu didn’t hesitate to pick up the phone.

“I’ll send you a page for a date. We have to see one another at least once a week. There’s 12 pages in total, so I guess 6 dates will do.”

“What?” Tzuyu breathed out.

“Want to get the whole story back sooner? Then ask me out. I’ll always make time for you~ “ Sana teased with a flirtatious tone.

“Hold on! You can’t do this!” Tzuyu yelled. “No matter how hard you try… I… I can’t…” Tzuyu swallowed thickly.

“From now, I’ll help you.” Sana was determined.

“I will help you cure your mysophobia.”

 

OOOOO

 

A butterfly was traveling the world.

Flying in the sky, the butterfly found a crying puppy.

“Puppy, why do you cry?”

The puppy answered.

“I’m sad because my family left me on the street. They said they would come back for me, but it has been months.”

The butterfly said, “Puppy, will you go on a trip with me?”

 

Tzuyu lay on top of her bed, she held the phone tightly as she read the words over and over again compulsively. She put the phone aside and stared at the ceiling. Sana’s words replayed again in her head. I told you. It must be you. The image of her smiling was stuck in her head. I will help you cure your mysophobia. She closed her eyes slowly.
 

“… Dirty,” Tzuyu breathed out.

Dirty.

A dirty kid like you should just get lost.

Filthy, don’t touch me.
 

She won’t come.

Gone.

So dirty.

Of course she threw a dirty thing like you away.

Filth like you… no matter how much you try to wash it away, you’re still going to be dirty.
She wanted to get rid of you.

 

The flashbacks assaulted Tzuyu’s mind relentlessly. The echoes of those voices constantly repeated in her mind despite her efforts to ignore them. She pushed her hair back and her forehead was covered in a thin layer of sweat.

“… No, I can’t be cured.” She breathed out as she clutched her phone close to her chest. “I’m a lost cause.”

 

“No one will come to save me.”

 

OOOOO

 

Sana hunched over the bright screen that was illuminating the room. “How to cure mysophobia…” she muttered to herself. She typed the words into a search engine and started to scroll through the results.

After browsing for some time, she stared at the notes she had written in deep thought.

“What? Everyone says that I should take her to a hospital or a psychologist. But if I take her to my sister then it’s only a matter of time until dad finds out…” Sana plopped onto the sofa. “Hunting her is such a nuisance… she’s so tricky and on top of it she has a fear of germs…”

Sana stared at the calendar on the wall. “I must cure her before I give her the last page of the book.”

She stretched her arms and yawned. “It’s been a while since I’ve absorbed human energy… ugh my chicken. I want to touch her... I want to eat my chicken!” Sana let out another yawn. “I’m so tired… I really need to eat, otherwise I’m going to faint at this rate… all of this because of chicken!!”

A sharp ringtone rang through the apartment. Sana’s eyes widened when she saw the name light up on her phone, she quickly answered it. “Hello? Yes, Mr. Park?”

 

OOOOO

 

“What?! Shooting overseas?!” Sana exclaimed.

The man across from her chuckled. “Yes, that’s right, COEX is looking for a model for their new brand of perfume, and I figured that it’d be nice if you gave it a shot.” The man leaned back against his seat. “Though naturally, you’d still have to go and pass the audition of course. You did say you wanted to be the face of COEX in the past. So, what do you think Sana? Are you up for the challenge?”

Sana’s eyes sparkled in excitement, “Yes of course sir! I’d love to!”

“Alright then, your portfolio has to be sent by the end of this month. So, let’s schedule more shootings and try to strengthen your portfolio. Though it won’t be easy since everyone wants to be a COEX girl.”

Mr. Park took a sip of his organic green tea. “Since femme fatale will be the theme of this collection, we’ll add a few shots into your portfolio. You’ll probably be paired up with another female model, since Junwoo was caught in a scandal not that long ago. I thought about it, and since you and Dahyun are close friends, I asked her manager to check her schedule. Though the other model isn’t really that important, but I just asked to make things simpler for us.” Mr. Park handed Sana a folder.

Sana opened the folder apprehensively and flipped through the photos inside. There were pictures of various models in different poses with similar styling.

“She usually has a cute, bubbly and happy image on stage, so I thought that perhaps we could do something different—unconventional if you will and try to demonstrate a girl crush look with a juxtaposition. It would be interesting to contrast the two styles, don’t you think?”

Sana’s lips were set into a line. She examined the picture she held in her hand intensely.

“And don’t worry, there won’t be any shots included in this shoot. Though you should probably try to be in your best condition for this shoot.”

Sana nodded. “So, choosing whoever for the female model is fine?”

“Hm… well yes, we’ll shoot focusing on you so it’s not like it matters. Why? Do you have someone else in mind?”

Sana grinned mischievously. “Then I’ll bring the female model.”

“Is that so? Well then, do as you wish Sana. We’ll schedule the shoot as soon as possible, so be ready.”

 

OOOOO

 

Tzuyu stared at the page of Sad Puppy that Sana had sent her. She fiddled with her phone anxiously.

“So… what’s going to happen next? I can’t work because it’s bothering me.” Tzuyu frowned. “Should I wait until next week to text her? She didn’t mention when to meet next. Geez… what should I do?”

Tzuyu stared at the word document in front of her. She was making absolutely no progress. All of this stress caused by one girl. Tzuyu thought back to their previous encounters. She read the page of Sad Puppy over and over again.

The sound of her ringtone startled Tzuyu, making her almost drop her phone. She stared at the unknown number that was displayed on the screen. “Who is this?”

“Hello?”

“Hello~ Wow, I’m surprised. I thought that you wouldn’t answer because this number is unfamiliar.”

After a few seconds of silence Tzuyu recognized the voice on the other end of the line.

“Minatozaki Sana?”

“Thank you for recognizing me by my voice.” Sana smiled. She put on her sunglasses and stepped out onto the sidewalk.

“What is it?”

“Meet me next Friday, 4pm. I’ll give you the next page. I need you.”

“Tsk, stop fooling around Sana and give me back my book. I said it’s impossible…”

“It won’t take long. Help me, the puppy is crying you know.”

“Fine.”

“Oh, and by the way, this is my personal phone number, so save it on your phone and I’ll see you next week.” Sana ended the call. She stood at the end of the street waiting for the light to turn green. “I did it! I finished casting my chicken.” Sana smiled affectionately at the name “CHICKEN” written on the screen of her phone.

 

Tzuyu sighed and started typing on her phone. Under her new contacts was the name “HOUSEWARMING,” she finished saving Sana as a contact and then tossed her phone on her desk. She had a major headache.

 

OOOOO

 

“Move the lighting over to the right a little bit!”

“Where are the light umbrellas?! We’re starting soon!”

 

Tzuyu stared at the chaos in front of her with dread. She adjusted her face mask out of habit and started searching for Sana in this sea of people.

Geez, why does she keep asking me to come to such crowded places?

She noticed a young woman with a clipboard walking towards her. “Um… Is Minatozaki Sana here?”

The woman gave Tzuyu a once over. “Oh, you must be the partner!”

Partner? What?

“We’re taking personal shoots, so please just wait a little.” The woman motioned for Tzuyu to follow her. “We’re just setting up for the next shoot over here, but Sana’s actually in a middle of a different shoot over here.” The woman motioned to where Sana was.

 

Sana tilted her head upward and parted her lips slightly. Her eyes were focused with a sultry gaze.

“Yes! That’s perfect!” The camera clicked with rapid intensity.

Sana leaned against the red bed, which served as a contrast to the black lace lingerie that she wore. Sana flipped her hair and brushed her hair back. She smirked and eyed the camera seductively and changed her facial expressions according to the photographer’s direction.

 

Tzuyu stared in amazement. She caught herself and looked away while blushing profusely. Luckily her face mask hid her embarrassment. She had found her eyes glued to Sana like a magnet. How can she wear so little clothing and not look even slightly embarrassed?!

 

“Okay Sana, it’s all done. You can go and prepare for the next shoot. They should be done setting up soon.”

“Thank you.” Sana got up from the bed and started walking towards her stylist who had a robe in her hands.

Tzuyu stared at her as she walked across the set, her eyes never leaving Sana. She swallowed thickly and tried to keep her composure. She tried to fill her head with different thoughts.

Why is she half-? Are all of her photoshoots like this? Ugh, it’s so crowded in here. And what if she catches a cold because she’s wearing so little clothing? Doesn’t she know she can get sick like that?

Sana took the robe that was offered to her. Her stylist leaned in and whispered into her ear. Sana jumped back in surprise and whipped her whole body around. Once she spotted Tzuyu, she made her way over to her.

“Oh, you’re here!”

Tzuyu removed her face mask and looked away.

“You’re just on time. Did you see my shoot?”

“Send… me… the book.” Tzuyu managed to choke out.

“What’s the rush? I’ll send it to you when your task for today is finished.”

Tzuyu turned to face Sana. “Did you ask me to come here just to watch you work?” Her voice was laced with contempt.

Sana giggled. “Nope. They’ll take pictures of us.”

That caught Tzuyu’s attention. Huh? Pictures of us??

“So just take them off first.” She crossed her arms and smiled at Tzuyu innocently. “They’ll take pictures of us.”

The knot in Tzuyu’s stomach grew tighter. “What did you just say?” Tzuyu thought that she had misheard what Sana had said. Her frown only grew deeper when Sana stared at her expectantly with a hint of amusement on her face.

“Are you out of your mind?! Why would I do that in this unhygienic place?!”

Sana crossed her arms.

“This shoot is very important to me. If we do well today, then I can be a model for my favorite brand.”

“Okay… and? What does that have to do with me?”

“The concept of the photoshoot is a woman seducing someone she wants. So, naturally I thought that I could do my best with the shooting if it was with you.”

“It’s your business, it has nothing to do with me.” Tzuyu huffed. She turned around to leave.

“Is that what you think? Don’t you want your book back?”

Tzuyu stopped in her tracks, clearly conflicted by the ultimatum that Sana offered.

“I won’t touch you. So please help me.” Sana clasped her hands together, eyes begging Tzuyu to help her.
Tzuyu was taken aback by that. Sana’s earnest expression and her puppy eyes somehow managed to warm the ice that encapsulated her heart.

 

OOOOO

 

Tzuyu exited the changing room with an uncomfortable expression. Ugh, this request of hers is so weird. Why does she insist on having me as her partner in this shoot? Tzuyu approached the bed and sat down. The stylist motioned for her to a few of the buttons on her white dress shirt. Frowning, she obliged. I feel so vulnerable and half … Is she trying to humiliate me? But… I have to do this if I want to get the book back… Tzuyu sighed and tried to calm her nerves.

 

Sana spotted Tzuyu leaving the changing room from the corner of her eye. She was getting her makeup and hair touched up before resuming the shoot with Tzuyu. She looks so yummy… She giggled to herself. Ah, she’s within my reach but I can’t eat her… this is… torture.

 

Tzuyu finished opening the last button and the only thing on her mind was that she needed to go home and shower right away. This felt ridiculous to her. Being in this situation of all things. But her back was against the wall since Sana still had the book, she rationalized that she would have to appease Sana if she wanted to get her book back. And that meant fulfilling whatever weird request Sana would throw her way.

 

“Okay everyone, let’s begin!” The photographer called out to the staff. “Okay, Tzuyu, please lie down on the bed first.”

Tzuyu grit her teeth as she was instinctively repulsed by the idea. She took a second to compose herself and then laid down on her back. Even as she laid on the bed, she felt the urge to run away. Her heart was hammering, and her palms were starting to get sweaty. She could feel that all eyes were on her and the attention made her feel self-conscious.

“Sana are you ready?”

“She’s almost done, just doing the finishing touches.”

 

 

“Okay just stay still, and I’ll take care of the rest. Let’s start, shall we?”

Tzuyu opened her eye slowly and then averted her gaze. “Please make it quick…” Tzuyu had a pained expression her face. She was very much aware of the distance between them.

 

My delicious prey is right in front of me… but I can’t even touch her… Okay Sana you have to keep it together. Hang in there!! Sana shifted her position such that she was on top of Tzuyu.

“Don’t make such an awful expression. Who looks like that when they’re being seduced? Tsk, you’re going to make me fail the audition.”

“Don’t you ‘tsk’ me,” Tzuyu glared at her.

Sana looked taken aback.

“What do you want from me? You probably don’t even know how dirty these sheets are. When did they last wash these? They might even have mold on them. You know my condition. I’m doing my best to hold myself together,” Tzuyu growled.

Sana leaned closer toward Tzuyu’s face. “You know… there’s this saying: Soon, this too shall pass.”

Tzuyu raised her left eyebrow.

“When I was younger, I was always afraid of ghosts in the dark… and one day when my family and I went to an amusement park, we ended up going to the haunted house,” Sana spoke softly while lost in nostalgia, “I was utterly terrified, but my dad told me to hold his hand and think of happy things. So, I closed my eyes and thought of everything that made me feel good: candy, ice cream, puppies… and before I knew it, when I opened my eyes, we had already reached the exit.” Sana leaned back. “So just close your eyes and think of things that make you happy. It’ll be over before you know it.”

Tzuyu nodded and closed her eyes slowly with the image of Sana smiling over her lingering in her mind’s eye.

“Good, now just stay still…” Sana whispered. She crawled on top of Tzuyu and gazed at her seductively.

Beep. Click.

 

“Okay, let’s do the last shot. We’re almost done everyone.” The director clapped his hands together.

My chicken is right in front of me, but I can’t eat it. This is impossible… Just hang in there Sana!! You can hang on until it’s over. Wait… how many days did I skip out on feeding? Ugh… think Sana, think. Has it been more than 5 days?? Aghhh!! I’m starving. Chicken, chicken is right in front of me…

Sana stared at Tzuyu’s exposed collarbone and started to drool. Geez, I can’t take it anymore! Just… let me have a little taste… Sana reached out to touch Tzuyu’s nape.

Suddenly Tzuyu’s eyes snapped open and she shoved Sana off roughly. “Don’t touch me!”

Sana landed on the floor with an audible thud.

“Oh my god, Sana!” Her stylist yelled.

 

OOOOO

 

Sana held an ice pack to her check and followed Tzuyu up the stairs, hot on her heels.

“How could you push me off the bed!! You practically punched me in the face! How could you do that to a person! Especially since my face is a means of making a living for me! I’m a model you know!!”

“I don’t owe you an apology, it’s your own fault. You said you wouldn’t touch me.”

“But my body just moved on its own without my consent…” Sana pouted.

“Without your consent?! Hey, what are you? An animal? Don’t you have a brain? Can’t you control yourself?!”

“No, what I mean is that y’know… it’s like when you’re hungry and you’re craving for something to eat… your body just starts moving on its own…”

At this point, Tzuyu wasn’t even listening anymore. She turned around, stopping Sana in her tracks.

“Do you know that you seem a bit cheap?” Tzuyu frowned, “Being half- in front of people… and touching someone’s body without permission. Well, I don’t know if you’re okay with it, because you’re that kind of girl, but I’m not.”

Sana’s eyes darkened. “That’s right. I’m that kind of girl.”

Tzuyu was taken aback by what she just heard.

“When I was in high school, they called me the ‘Queen of Flirting.’ The first thing I do when I meet a man is that I hold their hands. There must be dozens of men that I’ve touched so far. And don’t even get me started on the women.” Sana looked Tzuyu straight in the eye. “You asked me before why I was so desperate to touch others. To be honest, I feel like I’m dying if I don’t!” She looked up defiantly at Tzuyu. “And even now, I’m dying to touch you. You have no idea… how much I want to touch you.” Sana whispered under her breath.

Tzuyu narrowed her eyes. “It seems that I got the wrong impression of you. I don’t like people like you. Just give me my books back so we can go on with our lives.” Tzuyu started up the stairs. “Also, whatever your deal is with me. This too, shall come to pass soon.”

 

OOOOO

 

“What heck did you say to her Sana?? Why did you have to go off and act so stupid!! Why did you have to go and dig a hole for yourself? Why do you take a selfie for your funeral while you’re at it, you idiot!!!” Sana was bent over the sofa and began hitting herself with a pillow. “You’re so stupid! You just had to go and mess things up!! I’m so screwed…”

Sana lay on the sofa in silence and sighed. “Well, it’s not the first time I’ve heard that word being used to describe me… Looking ‘cheap’ that is…” Sana glanced at the clock. “Well, my plan totally failed. I thought she’d let me touch her if I managed to corner her.”

Sana sat up and marched over to her room. “Pfft, but if you think that I’ve given up on you, then you’ve got another thing coming. My hunt never fails and the next time, I’ll make a thorough plan.”

I’m Minatozaki Sana, the girl who never gives up. The girl who never loses the hunt. In the end, you will be mine.

Ding-dong, ding-dong

“Huh? Who could it be? At this hour nonetheless?”

Sana opened the door and was greeted by two figures standing outside.

“Ta-da! Surprise~” Dahyun grinned brightly. She held a bag of fried chicken in one hand and a bag full of cans of beers in the other.

“Hey, hope we’re not catching you at a bad time, Sana.” Chaeyoung smiled meekly. She was holding two boxes of toilet paper.

Sana was caught off-guard and stood at the doorway in stunned silence.

Dahyun walked over to her and gave her a big hug. “Hey, Squirrel, you should look happier! What’s with that expression on your face? Your darling is here after all~”

“Why… why are you guys here?”

“Uh… for a housewarming party?” Chaeyoung answered.

“No, I mean, why all of a sudden?”

“I’m here to raid your house, off course!” Dahyun had a mischievous glint in her eyes.

 

OOOOO

 

Again, she only sent me one page. Is she planning to keep doing this until the last page?

Tzuyu put down her phone. Memories of what occurred that evening flooded her mind. That’s right. I’m that kind of girl.

She couldn’t ignore the kicked puppy look on Sana’s face when she said that.

“Was I too harsh on her?” She muttered to herself.

Before regret to seep into her thoughts, a loud burst of muffled laughter caught her attention. “Is it from next door?”

 

OOOOO

 

“Let’s make a toast!! For my precious Squirrel’s fresh start! Cheers!!” Dahyun downed her fifth can of beer.

“Jeez, why do you have to be so embarrassing?” Chaeyoung covered her eyes in second-hand embarrassment for her bandmate.

Dahyun sauntered over to Sana with her beer in hand and wrapped her arms around Sana’s shoulder.

“Actually, next we’re going to Japan for a month. So, I needed to see you before we leave, since it’ll be a while before we can see each other again.”

“Oookay, but you should’ve called me first.” Sana threw Dahyun on the couch. “Now’s not really the best time. I’m tired today because of work.” Sana sighed.

Dahyun sobered up. “Yeah, you had a shooting for that perfume advertisement. You were supposed to do it with me, and I heard you wanted another woman, huh?”

“Well… it’s just… just someone I know…”

“Who is she? Who is this woman that you chose as your partner over me??!”

“Just someone I know! Stop being so loud dammit!”

“That’s not possible!! I know every single person you know!! You’re hiding something from me aren’t you, Sana?”

“No way, I’m not, honest!”

Chaeyoung noticed a pile of books and picked them up. “What are these books for? A children’s storybook and a psychology book?”

“Ah… those… I’m into reading these days… you know to better myself… to work on self-development haha…”

Dahyun appeared behind Sana and held on to her shoulders with a deathly grip. “Squirrel, you hate reading books. That’s weird… I can definitely smell something fishy going on with you…”

Sana froze after getting caught in her lie, but she tried to steady her voice as best as she could. “You know… people change Dahyun… I’m just trying something new.”

Dahyun pondered her words for a moment.

“Ah! Chaeyoung, good thing you’re here!”

“Hm? Me?” Chaeyoung pointed at herself.

“I haven’t absorbed energy for days. You’re bland, but I have to eat to survive. Chaeyoung, let me hold you for a just a little bit. Stay still.” Sana grabbed her hand.

“Agh, no please, I’m already tired enough as it is because of Dahyun. Not you too!”

“No! Don’t touch my emergency food supply without my permission!” Dahyun protested.

“Ah… but I’m on life support right now. I haven’t eaten for days…”

“You damn vampires and your eating lifestyles!!”

“Don’t touch her! I practically raised her myself by making sure she’s in tip-top condition for feeding!”

“Am I a battery or something?” Chaeyoung groaned in defeat.

“Yes, you’re my battery!!” Dahyun countered.

“By the way, you starved for days, Sana? Didn’t it end up working out with your neighbor that you talked about?”

“What? Ah… yes, the woman next door… She wasn’t that delicious when I touched her again.”

“Yeah, there are so many delicious people in this world, Squirrel! There’s no need to be obsessed with one person. When you find another one who tastes delicious, you’ll forget all about that taste.” Dahyun chuckled.

Sana looked down at the floor, this had been bothering her all night.

“Hey guys… do I behave… a bit cheap?”

“Of course, you do.” Dahyun and Chaeyoung answered simultaneously right away.

“Ha… Thanks so much, my friends.” Sana zoned out in defeat.

“But, you can’t help it. It’s because you’re a vampire. We’re born to be like this. We touch humans to survive and certainly, they might mistake us as being too careless, reckless and ‘cheap.’ Don’t get too upset for being misunderstood.” Dahyun took a sip of her beer. “Well, you’re kind of tactless, though. You lack subtlety, Squirrel.”

“What?!”

“Well, unlike the others, you touch people blindly and it causes trouble. Hm… should I say you’re less-evolved or just stupid?”

“Shut up! You idiot!” Sana threw an empty can at Dahyun, who dodged it with ease.

“You’ve been like that since you were young. Your desire is much stronger than others. That’s why your parents care about you more than your sister.” Dahyun smiled. “Because, you’re different.”

“Different? What’s different?”

“Hm… your size?” Dahyun pointed at her chest. “They’re like half the size of your sister’s.”

Sana let go of Chaeyoung’s hand in shock.

“What do you know about my s!! You saw them over 10 years ago! They’re much bigger now!!!”

“God, why are you guys always like this?” Chaeyoung sighed. She started sweating and breathing heavily.

“Then let me check…”

“Guys, please lower your voices… we’re being too loud…”

“Agh! Dahyun, you ert!! Get lost!” Sana started kicking Dahyun.

“Well you were the one who said they got bigger! I need proof of that and the only way to check is if you let me look!!”

A loud thud interrupted their fight. Both of them turned to where Chaeyoung was slumped on the floor.

“Oh my god! Chaeyoung!” Sana screamed.

“Hey! Wake up, Chaeyoung! Are you okay?”

 

“Did I hold her that long to make her pass out?” Sana bit her lip worriedly.

“Don’t worry, she’ll be fine after a nap, because she’s healthy.” Dahyun covered Chaeyoung’s face with the blanket.

“Ah!! Don’t cover her face with the white blanket! I feel anxious, it looks like she’s dead!!”

“Woops, sorry Chaeng.” Dahyun uncovered the blanket from her face. “I also made her faint before, but she recovered pretty fast after. As a vampire’s friend she’ll get used to it.”

“It’s amazing that she’s still your friend.” Sana smiled wistfully.

“Well, of course. It’s because we share a close bond. We can’t be apart from one another.” Dahyun grinned. “Hey, don’t you think we look like we’re newlyweds who just put a baby to sleep?”

“I feel pity for your future wife, Dahyun. Whoever she will be.”

“That’ll be you.”

Sana glanced at Dahyun.

“I don’t want anyone but you, Squirrel.” Dahyun stared at her earnestly. “Never mind about what others may say, because I know you more than anyone else. You’re not cheap.”

Sana was surprised, it was rare for Dahyun to be so serious, it sounded like she meant what she was saying.

“Then, shall we role-play for a bit, Squirrel? Me, the husband. You, the wife. Is the bed upstairs, huh?”

“The front door is on your right, beat it.”

“No~ We can’t see each other for a month!! I’ll cling onto you for now, while I still can!!” Dahyun enveloped Sana in a koala bear hug.

“Ack! Please, just go away!! I’m going to pee, don’t follow me to the bathroom!!”

“Squirrel no~ Don’t leave me!” Dahyun whined.

 Sana slammed the bathroom door with an audible bang to make her message clear.

“Aww Squirrel…” Dahyun looked at the bathroom door with sad eyes.

Ding! The sound of Sana’s text notification caught Dahyun’s attention.

“Hm? Is it Squirrel’s?” Dahyun picked up Sana’s phone.

 

Chicken: Be quiet.

 

“Uh? What’s this about?” Dahyun inspected the text message with a serious expression. “Chicken?!” Dahyun lifted the phone closer to her face. “Chicken? Who could it be for Sana to have saved the number under a name like that?”

An idea popped into Dahyun’s head. “Hm…” She smirked while typing on the phone, she was pleased with herself. “Message sent~”

 

OOOOO

 

“How careless can she be? What time does she think it is right now? These condos aren’t soundproof!” The sound of a text notification rang through the room.

 

Me: Be quiet.

Sana: Seasoned? Fried?

 

“What is she talking about?”

 

OOOOO

 

“Ugh, Dahyun… that girl. Sometimes she makes me flustered by saying the strangest things. She flirts with any woman she sees. She has to break that bad habit of hers.”

Sana wiped her face dry with a towel. “Phew… but… Are they really small?”

Sana shoved her head under her shirt. “I’ve been satisfied with them, though.”

 

1 hour later…

 

“That’s bull!” Sana slammed her beer on the table. “It’s just that my sister’s s are too big!! Mine aren’t small! They’re full B-cups!! For s, size doesn’t matter! Shape is what’s important!!” Sana pulled her shirt so that it hung on her head, exposing the sports bra she was wearing underneath. She was absolutely wasted.

“Right on!!” Dahyun cheered. “Your majesty, I made ludicrous remarks, Queen Sana is the best!!”

“Really? Then why don’t you show your loyalty to me?”

“I can only prove it to you with my humble body!!”

Chaeyoung yawned, before opening her eyes. “Did I pass out?” She sat up while holding the blanket in one hand and her head with her other hand. “Ugh, why is there a white cloth on my face?” Chaeyoung glanced at the two idiots who were jumping around and screaming incoherently.

“God, how much did you guys have to drink, you idiots?”

Dahyun noticed that Chaeyoung was awake. “Chaeng’s awake! Okay then.” Dahyun walked over to her.

“My majesty, do you want to see the abs that Chaeng has been work hard on? If you can touch them, she’s my servant you know.”

Chaeyoung grit her teeth together. “Okay, that’s it! Enough! No more drinks!!”

“Oh my, Chaeyoung got angry! Fear not! I will protect you, my majesty!!”

 

OOOOO

 

The sound of a keyboard tapping was interrupted by the constant bursts of noise coming from the apartment next door. Tzuyu sat silently in front of her computer as her anger start simmering. She put her head in her hands.

“I can’t focus on my work…” Tzuyu reached for her phone. “She didn’t say anything after sending that weird text. She must be busy hanging out with her friends.” Tzuyu took off her glasses and rubbed her eyes. “Should I go and get some fresh air?”

 

Tzuyu stared at the last picture Sana sent of Sad Puppy. “I need more.” She sat down on the cloth covering the bench. “I have to wait another week for the next chapter. I don’t know what she’s doing. It’s so childish and stupid.” Tzuyu stared at the stars. “Well, will they have quieted down by now? Should I go back home now?”

“Kookeu!!” A woman was frantically running around screaming the name.

Tzuyu glanced down and there was a white puppy staring back at her. Bark!

“Ah!!” Tzuyu screamed in shock.

A dog bite can cause rabies, tetanus and other bacterial infections. There are over a thousand kinds of germs living in a dog’s mouth…

Tzuyu instantly paled and froze.

“W—wait!! Don’t come to me!!”

Woof! Woof!

The dog kept advancing towards her. Tzuyu was too shocked to move and could only put her hands up in a feeble attempt to protect herself.

“No! No! Go away!! Go away you furry thing!! Tzuyu clenched her eyes closed tightly. No... I hate this! Please somebody…

 

“Close your eyes and try to think of things that make you feel good. Then it’ll be over soon…”

Sana’s words floated through her mind as she tried to focus on the things that made her happy. Yes… things… things that make me feel good…

Her mom’s face came to mind, her mother patting her head, her mother embracing her.

“Kookeu!! I said be nice! Don’t just run at anyone so suddenly!” The woman picked up her dog and hugged it tightly. “Geez, I’m so sorry… I hope he didn’t bother you. Let’s go home…” The woman bowed in apology before turning to leave with her dog.

Tzuyu watched the woman leave.

“This shall come to pass… huh?” She whispered deep in thought.

 

OOOOO

 

“Okay, we’ll get going. Don’t forget to take care of your hangover, Squirrel.” Dahyun gave her a tight hug.

“See you next month when we come back, Sana.”

“Wahh… I want to sleep here tonight. I don’t want to leave you, my Squirrel!”

“Aha… Sorry for today… Have a safe trip and take care of yourself, Chaeyoung. And… you may abandon this thing in Japan.” Sana pointed at Dahyun.

“Oh, by the way, who is Chicken? I forgot to tell you that Chicken sent you a text, so I replied.” Dahyun put her best innocent face on.

“Jeez… Dahyun you…” Chaeyoung elbowed her side.

“You… you replied to it?! What did you say?” Sana started freaking out.

“Nothing special… Why? Is it someone important to you?”

“What? Uh… no… it’s just a… just a delivery restaurant! You know how much I love chicken!” Sana chuckled nervously.

“Hm… well, while I’m away, don’t cheat on me with chicken.” Dahyun leaned in to kiss Sana on the cheek. “In Japan, I’ll buy a yukata for you~ It’ll be easy to take off!”

“Hey Dahyun! You! You ert!!” Sana chased after her with a slipper. “And for your information, I don’t need a yukata, I have plenty back at my parents’ place!!”

 

OOOOO

 

“Ah… Squirrel is just so easy to tease.” Dahyun chuckled.

They walked down the stairs, with Chaeyoung careful not to make too much noise, while Dahyun didn’t really care.

“She’s so innocent, unlike how she looks. It’s so fun to !”

“If you keep that up, you’ll regret it some day.”

“Uh… regret what? What do you…”

Tzuyu bumped into Dahyun while walking up the stairs.

“Woops, sorry!”

Tzuyu glared at her before continuing up the stairs.

“Oh my! She just gave me such a dirty look just for bumping into her. Do you think she noticed who I am?” Dahyun held onto Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung looked up and noticed that Tzuyu had stopped walking up the stairs.

“She seems to live on the same floor as Sana. Isn’t that the one Sana was talking about?”

“Who?” Dahyun asked, eyes wide.

“The woman next door.”


Hey everyone, here's the new chapter as promised. Apologies for not updating for a long time. I had some personal issues and I was experiencing a writer's block. I hope you guys enjoy it! As always, I look forward to reading your comments, they really make my day. Hope everyone's exams went well, happy holidays!