Chapter 3 : Mom, where is Bangtan?

Princess Diary or Taeyeon Diary?

 " Holy moly mom, "

 

 Mrs. Kim only sighed at her daughter's choice of words. In front of them laid a vast of huge land that could literally fit an entire amusement park. But, it's not an amusement park but it's a mansion.

 

 No, Taeyeon doubted that mansion could be THIS big. " Mom, is this a castle? " she questioned while still looking around with wide open. " You'll know later, " as soon as Taeyeon heard her mom's answer, she groaned. " When? You've been saying that since this morning, " she frustratedly sighed at her mom's secretive side.

 

 " Well, I don't want you to be overwhelmed, "

 

 " Entering that limousine just now is the most overwhelming thing that had ever happened in my life and I don't think that anything else would be more overwhelming except..... " the girl gasped and a wide smile appeared on her face. " Is Bangtan inside?! " she screamed, making the old woman embarrassed by her daughter's antics. Not getting to answer the very excited 22 years old woman, the guards opened the white, majestic door and ushered both women inside. Still expecting to see Bangtan inside she hopped in as fast as she could with a wide smile on her face. Soon, the smile was replaced with a frown when she saw a man and 2 women sitting on the couches situated there. 

 

 " Mom... " Mrs. Kim looked at her daughter. 

 

 " Where is Bangtan? "

 

 As expected of her slow daughter. She sighed and bowed deeply when an old woman around her age stood in front of them. ' Woah, this family sure is rich as hell. Look at them wearing the dresses and formal attire even though they are inside their house, ' Taeyeon scrutinized the 3 rich people in front of her and was awed by their proper attire. " Taeyeon, bow, " Mrs. Kim pinched Taeyeon's hips, making her flinched and smiled awkwardly at the Queen. Dami who just observed Taeyeon's personality smiled giddily, knowing she isn't ' one of those girls '.

 

 " Hello, ahjumma, you're very rich, "

 

 Mrs. Kim who heard that statement gasped. The Queen chuckled, Dami slightly snorted and Jiyong finally put some interest to look at the young lady who just entered. 

 

 " Taeyeon-ah, she's the queen. Apologize now, " Taeyeon widened her eyes and cursed something in English under her breath. " I'm deeply sorry Your Highness. I mean, I thought you're just some rich woman that my mom befriended with, " she slipped, making Mrs. Kim once again sighed and apologized to the queen on behalf of Taeyeon's rude behavior. " It's okay, she must not have expected to meet South Korea's queen, right? " the queen flashed her a smile while Taeyeon just replied with a very awkward smile. " Let's sit first, "

 

 The queen sat on a single couch, while Jiyong and Dami sat on a couch at the queen's left and Taeyeon and Mrs. Kim on the couch opposite of both the prince and princess. " Taeyeon-ssi, meet my children, Kwon Jiyong and Kwon Dami, "

 

 Dami flashed a bright smile at Taeyeon which instantly made Taeyeon felt relaxed for a second. " Nice to meet you Taeyeon-ssi. By the way, I'm an unnie, " Taeyeon nodded and smiled once again at Dami who welcome her warmly. Not until when she looked at Jiyong and received a glare from him. Taeyeon who was scared less by his glare just smiled awkwardly as an act of kindness. " What children? " Jiyong scoffed, making the queen sighed and Dami glared at him for being rude in front of a guest. Mrs. Kim who was just looking at the restless queen and her 'children' sighed mentally, knowing the children's dark past. " Well, I think it's time for some revelation, right? Kim Taeyeon-ssi here must be very clueless, right? " the queen suggested as Taeyeon nodded her head.

 

 ' Finally, now I'll not be in a dark anymore, '

 

 " I'll be straight to the point. You're the King's niece, "

 

 You're the King's niece.

 

 You're the King's niece.

 

 You're the King's niece.

 

 " Wait, what?! " the shocked girl finally utter the words. She faced her mother with a very confused and flabbergasted expression. " Does that make you the King's sister?! " Mrs. Kim shook her head sorrowly. 

 

 Tears welled in her eyes as something knocked her sense harshly.

 

 " T-then, that means, you're not even my mother?  "

 

 Her voice faded along with her happiness. How could her 'supposed-to-be-mother' hide that fact from her? Just when she thought riding someone's limousine was overwhelming, she needs to rethink again. " Yes, Taeyeon-ah, I'm so sorry, " Mrs. Kim guiltily looked away as Taeyeon covered her face to hide her ugly crying face.

 

 " Well, Kim Taeyeon-ssi, it must have been very hard to process this new information,"

 

  She scoffed and looked at the queen who unbelievably very calm despite how this revealing session turned out to be a crying session for Taeyeon. Because of the unwavering calmness on the queen's face, rage boiled inside her body. " Well, you guess it, " she muttered, still not caring whether she was talking to the leader of South Korea. " Taeyeon, where is your manner? " Mrs. Kim whispered harshly, receiving a glare from her 'daughter'. " You're not even my mother, " the words that came out from Taeyeon's mouth stabbed Mrs. Kim's heart painfully. 

 

 Without caring about anything, she went out of the house and went to the backyard to calm herself. Her sobbings that echoed throughout the beautiful backyard resulted in the guards avoiding the place. " Taeyeon-ah, don't be like this, " Mrs. Kim who finally found Taeyeon beside the large pond, touched her shoulder to comfort her. " I want to go back to America. I want my old life back, " Taeyeon stated, shocking Mrs. Kim. " But, you haven't even stayed here, "

 

 " I can ignore the fact that you're only my step-mother or whatever relationship we have now. But, please, just take me to America, " Mrs. Kim could only caress her hair softly. " Mrs. Kim, the queen asked for your presence, " Jiyong appeared behind the 2 women and flashed a warm smile to the older woman. As soon as the old woman was out of his sight, his smile dissipated and the stone-faced Jiyong appeared. " Stop crying, " the sobbing stopped, much to Jiyong's surprise. " I've never been this heartbroken before. It hurts so much to know the truth and the fact that 3 strangers saw me going crazy over that unexpected news was embarrassing, " Taeyeon chuckled as she stared at her reflection in the calm water. " Taeyeon-ssi, I have some cookies, you want some? "

 

 As expected from Dami, she always offered people her cookies whenever that person was feeling sad. Jiyong groaned at Dami's wrong timing to offer some petty cookies that doubtly would cheer this heartbroken gi-...

 

 " Cookies! " she jumped from her crouching position just now and took a piece of cookie from the plate and munched it happily.

 

 " Oh my god, this girl is bipolar, " Jiyong silently muttered as he rolled his eyes, mad at himself for feeling a little guilty for the girl before. " Let's go, I'll show you around, " Dami said as she pulled Taeyeon with her. " Wait, Jiyong-ssi, you're not following? " she asked the startled prince. " No, I'm busy, " he said as he stared down at the pond. " Busy with what? Remembering your fishes' name? Let's go Prince Jiyong, " this time, Taeyeon was the one who pulled him with them.

 

 Much to Jiyong's surprise, he didn't feel the need to resist at all from the young lady's grip.

 

A/N: I'm sorry for this very short update. I'm still having a hard time after Jonghyun's news came out and I'm constantly feeling tired. So, hope you guys patiently wait for my next update. Also, for the people that are having a hard time with coping with the news, talk to someone and make yourself happy again with your own method. If you think reading fanfiction 24/7 cure your sadness, then do it, as long as you're feeling good. Have a good day~