Chapter 2 : One and Only Hope

Princess Diary or Taeyeon Diary?

" So, tonight is your last night together, so, I expect you guys to have fun and enjoy! " Mrs. Kim said and received applause from the students.

 

" Thank you, Mrs. Kim! "

 

All of them shouted, making the middle-aged woman laughed. " Alright alright, go eat now, " she said, the students shrieked in happiness as they approached the buffet table and literally ogled the foods served there. Some people were already lining up in front of the barbeque set and some of them decided to swim for a while in the pool. Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Jessica, and Tiffany hung out at the bar with watermelon juice in each of their hand. " Woah, summer is going to end and I'm already stressing about the assignments ahead of us, " Jessica said while the others just chuckled. For them, that was the typical Sica. Always lazy and not motivated to do something.

 

Hyoyeon nudged Tiffany as she signaled at her somewhere around the barbeque section. " Wasn't that the guy you ed just now? " Tiffany cringed at the choice of word Hyoyeon chose while Taeyeon and Jessica just smirked. Four of them looked at the guy that was swarmed by a group of girls. " boy~ " simultaneously, they said the first word that popped into their mind. " It was just a one night stand, just think of it like that, " Tiffany said as she shuddered at her experience of having a one night stand. " Okay, we'll stop with this conversation, " Taeyeon said as they chuckled, knowing that even though Taeyeon is the most ert out of them all, she's the one that's the most uncomfortable with topics like this.

 

" Taeyeonnie, can I talk to you for a second? " Taeyeon confusedly looked at her mom but eventually nodded her head. " I'll go first, " she told her friends before leaving with her mom. " Look Taeyeon, I need to tell you something, " Taeyeon confusedly raised her eyebrows. " What is it? " her mom heaved a sigh and looked inside her daughter's eyes. " You're going to Korea tomorrow, " Taeyeon's face was blank for a moment but then it was lit up with the brightest smile Mrs. Kim has ever seen.

 

" Are you going to take me to Bangtan?! "

 

To say that Mrs. Kim was baffled is an understatement. She didn't expect her daughter to react like that at all. " No, that's not it, " Taeyeon's smile dropped but then arrived again.

 

" Is it EXO?! " she jumped giddily just imagining her favorite Kpop artists. " Tae, this is not a visit. You're going to live there permanently, " this time her smile completely vanished. " But, why? " Mrs. Kim sighed and caressed her daughter's head. " I'll explain everything to you tomorrow. Actually, I invited all your friends here as your separating gift, " Unconsciously, Taeyeon started to sob slowly. The mother and daughter hugged each other.

 

" So, I should make an announcement? " Taeyeon wiped her tears as Mrs. Kim just nodded. She was quite relieved that Taeyeon didn't resist or angry at her. She smiled proudly at her non-blood-related daughter.

 

' Now, she's going to her homeland, '

 

" Hello and good evening guys, " Taeyeon greeted as everybody looked at her who was currently trying to figure out how to lower the mic stand. Jessica, Hyoyeon, and Tiffany looked at the stage just to see Taeyeon there. " What is she doing there? " Meanwhile, Taeyeon nervously looked around, too nervous to speak since all eyes were on her.

 

" Honestly, I've got an announcement to do, "

 

The people there looked at her confusedly, even her friends.” Wait, Tae didn’t tell us this? ” Hyoyeon asked the other two. Meanwhile, they just shrugged, equally confused.

 

“ I’m going to live permanently at Korea starting tomorrow, ”

 

Gasps echoed throughout the place and some of them were even crying, sad to let go of their friend. “ I know this is sudden but, please pray for my being there and pray that I’ll get to meet Bangtan or EXO, ” Taeyeon stated, trying to lighten up the mood. Which worked for some of them. “ That’s all, good night, ” she said and went down the small stage and was greeted by her three best friends who were glaring at her icily. “ Woah, why do you guys look like Jessica? ”

 

Well, only Taeyeon found that amusing apparently. “ Why didn’t you tell us beforehand? “ Jessica asked with her hands on her hip. “ Look, I just knew this a couple minutes ago okay? I’m having it as bad as you guys. I don’t want to leave you guys, ” Taeyeon muttered the last sentence. “ Oh Taeyeonnie, ” Tiffany said and the three of them engulfed in a group hug. " Okay, so no sleep tonight? " Hyoyeon asked as the three of them looked at Taeyeon for permission. Taeyeon's straight face carved a wide smile.

 

" Heck yeah! "

 

-----------------------------

 

" Look, as the both of you know, the girl is your cousin, so when she lives here, I demand respect and please treat her right, " Dami, who was stuffing her face with egg tart just nodded and showed an 'okay' sign. The Queen sighed, contemplating on what to do with her less feminine daughter. " Why should we? She's not our cousin. I don't have any type of ties with her, " Dami stopped munching on her tart and turned toward Jiyong. " Jiyong, just agrees, " she glared at him and just flashed a smile at the queen who was sighing deeply. " Are we going to talk about this again? " the queen clenched her jaw tightly, already fed up with Jiyong. " You and the king always bring in people and destroy them. You guys are just monsters! " Jiyong stood up and ran upstairs with heavy footsteps.

 

" He's at it again, " the queen massaged her temple and sighed. She looked up just to see Dami slowly walked toward the stair with a plate of tarts. Instead of bursting with anger, she just sighed at the children.

 

Jiyong entered his large room and slammed shut the door. " Urgh, that woman is a piece of crap, " he muttered and laid on the bed. A soft knock could be heard and Jiyong just kept silent, knowing it was his sister. " Hey, you want some? " Dami sat beside him and held out the plate. Jiyong just looked at her poker-faced. " You need to fix your feminine side or else no prince will marry you, " Dami scrunched her face at Jiyong's statement, which slightly offends her. " Whatever, " She took a bite of the tart and sighed.

 

" Are you still thinking about that day? "

 

Dami's question instantly made Jiyong clenched his jaw tightly, compressing his anger. " That thing feels like it just happened yesterday. Yet, I couldn't remember her face at all," Jiyong held back the tears that were threatening to fall. "Look, I'm the only one that feels what you feel. Go what you've been through. You can rely on me, " Dami squeezed his little brother's hand, comforting him.

 

A mad flashback went through his mind.

 

" No, mom! Don't leave me! I don't want to go! "

 

Young Jiyong who was carried by a buff man extended his arm for his parents who only could cry and accept his family's fate.

 

Jiyong shook his head and exhaled. " You know what, I just hope that our 'cousin' is not that typical girly, princess type of girl. Because the queen will undoubtedly compare her to me, " just by thinking about it made Dami angry. She violently bit the tart and huffed. " Whatever noona. I don't even want to have any ties with his crap that people call family, " Jiyong said as he took his coat from the coat hanger and went out of the room. Dami's furrowed her eyebrows as still busy munching the egg tart. When Jiyong already has gone from her sight, she sighed and stopped munching. A tear fell down her cheek without her knowing.

 

" I'm sorry Ji. If only I could stop this marriage from happening, "

 

------------------------------

 

The four girls who were engulfed in a tight group hug sobbed sorrowfully, making the strangers passing by them also pitied them. " Yah, let's stop crying. Your mascara is gonna smear all over your face, " Taeyeon said as she wiped Jessica's tear. The girl was sobbing the most out of the four friends.

 

" Make sure you Skype us every night, "

 

" Don't forget to tell us every detail that happened that day, "

 

" If you ever court a hot guy, make sure you show us first, "

 

 Taeyeon smiled at her friends' favor that she would definitely do when she arrives at Korea. " Alright, I'll definitely do that, " Taeyeon said as she patted each of her friends' heads. " Bye, it's time for my flight already. I'll see you soon, "

 

 Taeyeon waved at them while pulling her baggage. Of course, Taeyeon was devastated to know that she had to leave her hometown. She wondered why her mom suddenly wanted to move to Korea when they are already content with their life here. Many problems clouded Taeyeon's mind such as making new friends, her education, fitting in and also learning their culture. She has no problem with the language because her mom taught her on how to speak Hangul and it's a piece of cake for her to speak it. But, the thing that troubled her was her too carefree personality that clearly attached to her from being American. She tends to speak her thought and sometimes lack some of her feminine sides. 

 

 She sighed as she sat on her seat. Thankfully her mom booked a 1st class flight ticket. She despised sitting in the cramped seat whenever she went for a vacation. I mean, let's be honest here, who the hell in their right mind love sitting in a cramped place with low-quality service and a paper bag full of puke in front of you. Surely not Taeyeon.

 

 " Mom, what's the reason we suddenly live in Korea? " her mom who was reading a magazine stopped her movement after the abrupt question from her daughter.

 

 " Well, I'll explain everything after we reached your house, "

 

 Taeyeon nodded her head and plopped her body on the chair lazily.

 

 Something clicked inside her mind.

 

 " My house? " she furrowed her eyebrows and looked at the figure of her mom walking toward the toilet. " Whatever. It might not mean anything, " the girl just shrugged and plugged in her earphone and closed her eyes, ready to fall into a deep slumber. 

 

 " Taeyeon-ah, wake up, " she stirred and slightly closed her eyes and saw her mom's face smiling quite bitterly at her. " We've arrived? " Taeyeon looked around in confusion and said that with her raspy voice. " Yeah, we need to hurry and exit the airport as fast as possible, " her mom said as Taeyeon just sleepily pulled up her hoodie and her small baggage. She silently followed her mom, not knowing where they were headed to. 

 

 " Wait, don't we have to use this way? " Taeyeon pointed her finger at an entrance where all the people that departed in the same plane as them, entered. Taeyeon jolted when she realized that her mom and herself were surrounded by a dozen of bodyguards. " M-mom, why do we have bodyguards following us? " Taeyeon glared at the suspicious men as she whispered at her mom. " Urm, well, you'll know later, " she just sighed at her secretive mom. She was holding back the urge to bombard her mom with questions. " Hey, " Taeyeon whispered to a buff bodyguard that was walking beside her. Not surprising at all, but he didn't react or flinch at all when Taeyeon called out for him. " Can't you tell me why are you guys following us? "

 

 Taeyeon just sighed after the failure of obtaining some information from one of the bodyguards.

 

 A few meter away from them, Taeyeon saw a limousine parked there and a butler came out and opened a door. " Woah, is that a royal family member or what? " Taeyeon gaped at the sight of the fancy limousine. " Miss, " a bodyguard ushered Mrs. Kim into the limousine. Taeyeon's eyes widened at the sight of her mom entering the limousine. " Mom, why are you entering someone else's limousine?! "

 

 Mrs. Kim just signaled her to enter. 

 

 " Princess, " 

 

 The same bodyguard said as he ushered Taeyeon inside the limousine. " Wait, what? " Taeyeon, confused as ever, looked at the bodyguard's direction. Mrs. Kim immediately pulled her inside the limo. The whole ride was just full of amused remarks and expressions from Taeyeon. As a girl that is humble, she never likes living in an expensive environment. Well, in a special occasion, it would be nice, but if it became a daily habit, she was afraid she would become selfish and arrogant.

 

 " Woah, a karaoke set! "

 

 Taeyeon gasped as she pulled out a drawer and touched the mini fridge. " There is a freaking mini fridge in this limo. What the hell? " the butler who seemed to hear Taeyeon's sentence snickered slightly, amused at the girl's attitude.

 

 Taeyeon then proceeds the amusing trip and went to the bar set. " There's a bar in here? This is cool af! " the limo was obviously shaking because of Taeyeon's movements. " Taeyeonnie, sit down, " her mom scolded her. Taeyeon who seemed to not get affected by her mother's annoyed tone sat beside her mom with an amazed expression. " Mom, what in the world are we doing in someone's limousine?! " the girl freaked out, finally got into her sense that they didn't know the owner of this limo.   

 

 " This is YOUR limo, " her mother finally answered. " What? How's that possible? " Mrs. Kim who seemed to be really annoyed by her daughter's unending question held her shoulders tightly and looked deeply into her eyes. " You're this country one and only hope, darling, "

 

 " What? "