Part 4

a space between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie, do we have schedule on June 16th?"

"Wait, let me check first." Sora took of her phone and scrolled down, "No, why?"

"Can I go to watch the final broadcast of Produce 101?" Doyeon asked, hesitantly.

"Oh? Why so sudden?"

"It's just..." she muttered

"Can I ask you a favour?"

"What is it?"

"I wish to see you on the live broadcast. I will do my best and debut with the group. Promise me?"

"... I have promised someone."

Sora unnie looked deep in thought while considering her request before nodding.

"I will discuss this with the management first and let you know soon."

"Yes unnie! Thank you!" Doyeon hugged her manager, Sora had been so kind and helpful so she was forever grateful for having her as her manager.

"But, Doyeon-ah."

"What is it, unnie?" Sora unnie looked worried, Doyeon felt bad for asking.

"You know the consequences of your job, right? And even if he makes his debut, it would be harder to-"

Doyeon gave her a tight smile, "I know, unnie. Trust me, I know what I'm doing."

---

It turned out that the live broadcast of PD101 S2 was the mini IOI gathering for the girls except Yoojung who was sick at that time and Sejong who had her filming schedule.

"Omo, I am so excited!" Somi couldn't stop shaking in excitement seeing the setting.

They were seated at the left side of the stage beside the trainers whom greeted them warmly and Doyeon suddenly had flashbacks of one year ago when she stood in the same stage, performing and eventually being chosen by nation producers to join IOI.

It must be nice going back to that day.

As if knew she was reminiscing the day which turned them into a family, Sohye whom was sitting beside her grab her hand and smiled, reassuring, and Doyeon knew, no matter what happened, she would always had the girls beside her.

"Sohye-ah, who is your pick?" Doyeon asked, but she didn't expect Sohye to blush at the question.

"Umm... there is one trainee." She said, shyly, trying to hide her smile.

"Huh? Who is he?" Doyeon pressed on. She was too infatuated with her crush on Ong Seongwoo to realize that her best friend was also crushing on someone.

"Park Woojin from Brand New." Sohye muttered, "But don't tell Somi, please! She will tell Daehwi and I will die if Woojin knows!" She added quickly.

Doyeon nodded, reassuring, "I won't. But, I forgot, which one is Park Woojin?"

"Of course, you only have your eyes on Ong Seongwoo." Sohye replied, grinning and Doyeon regretted her promise not to tell Somi.

The light went off, and the PDs were giving signals that they broadcast would start soon so Doyeon bit back her retort.

"I will tell you about Park Woojin later."

The show was opened by the joint performance with all the trainees, including the eliminated trainees.

"Woah, male trainees are really different." Mina awed watching the Nayana performance and Doyeon had to agree with the sentiment. They looked so cool on stage and the fans were larger in number compared to season 1 finale.

Then she saw him, dancing passionately as if it was his last stage, smiling dazzlingly at the fans cheering in front of him. And Doyeon was suddenly overwhelmed by the urge to run and cheer for him too than sitting stiffly at the side like she did now.

She saw a cameraman was walking towards her side and she knew, they were going to shoot her reaction. Crush aside, time to be a pro, she smiled to the fans waving at her from below the seat as polite as she could when BoA, this season's nation representative, announced the final group name.

From IOI logo, then it spreaded. Wanna One.

She tried it on , Wanna One's Ong Seongwoo. Sounds good, she was grateful that the cameraman was busy shooting Mina and Somi instead.

"It means that Nation Producers and the Top 11 boys together as one." BoA explained. "In Produce 101, the first girl group picked by nation producers, IOI, is here with us tonight."

She then proceed to greet Somi and asked a few questions which Somi was able to replied perfectly, Doyeon listened from the side, nodding when Somi said that she wished the debuting trainees were only walked at the flowery road.

I hope so too, Somi-ah

---

"OMO HE DEFINITELY KNOWS WHAT THE TEACHERS ARE TALKING ABOUT!" Doyeon couldn't help but to point out when the video shown Seongwoo smirked during their practice debut evaluation.

Apparently, Yoojung too realized this part. She sent a picture of Seongwoo's smirk to Doyeon's KKT privately.

Choi.Yoojung : He definitely is thinking about what we are thinking right now.

Kim Doyeon : IKR. Men... heish...

Choi.Yoojung : And what is the babe part? LOL!! Is he pregnant or what? Your crush is really...

Kim.Doyeon : I feel so embarassed for him.... :") By the way, you should be resting and I can't keep on texting you. They might have recorded me and I don't want to be seen rude.

Choi.Yoojung : Alright! See ya at dorm later!

"Oh! Ong Seongwoo!" Sohye nudged her arms when Seongwoo was shot trying out the centre for Hands On Me, "Not bad." She said.

"Yeah, he has the charisma." Doyeon said absentmindedly, watching his every move.

"He's cool." Mina commented from side and she glanced at the girls who were throwing the knowing looks at her. So everyone knew her crush on Ong Seongwoo then? Doyeon just able to sigh and offered a polite smile, she will definitely kill Choi Yoojung after this.

"Who is the center?" Mina read out loud the caption of video.

The Super Hot team performed first, Kyulkyung and Nayoung sat straighter at the mention of the song. Their labelmates, 3 out of 4 participating Nu'est members, were in this group except of Minhyun.

"Whom do you pick?" Yeonjung asked.

"Kim Jonghyun." Nayoung replied, and nudged Kyulkyung.

The latter was blushing as she said "Bae Jinyoung."

"Eh, why?" Chungha who was sitting between them asked Kyulkyung, bewildered.

"He was my fan before, so..." she trailed, muttering, "Anyway, it's one vote per person, I can't vote for one of Nu'est members only."

"So, you didn't choose anyone from Nu'est members and chose Bae Jinyoung instead?" Nayoung deadpanned, "Really... heish..."

"Ardor and Able, Ha Sungwoon." Chaeyeon said when they finally started the song.

"His voice is really stable." Yeonjung commented, watching the performance.

"They deserve to debut. All of them." Somi added then clapped excitedly when they fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter