Part 2

a space between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 7, 2017

"Let's go to noraebang after the practice!" Seojeong said which was greeted by the cheers from the girls.

They were under enormous stress after the company had announced their debut plan in the second quarter of the year, so the trainees had worked even harder to prove that they were able to debut with the upcoming girl group, including Doyeon. It had been so hard for her and Yoojung to go back to the training room once their days as IOI over, but their debut plan with the original group was guaranteed so they didn't have to work as hard as the other girls but still, they had to prepare for the upcoming debut.

She was about to accept the offer when she realized the date of the first broadcast date of Season 2. It was mind boggling how she was so worried about Ong Seongwoo and why did he accept the offer at the first place but she couldn't get to talk to him. He was already moved to Paju to start his trainee life and when she asked his number to her manager, all she got was a dirty judging stare.

"Sorry, I can't tonight."

"Huh? Why?"

She felt that her cheeks burned even though she didn't know why, "It is the first broadcast of PD101 Season 2." She replied, almost inaudibly. But of course, nothing went by from her bff's ears.

"OH! Ong Seongw - AW! Don't hit me, Doyeon-ah." Yoojung pouted while rubbing her reddened arm.

"Oh, is it tonight?" Haerim asked, "Then shall we watch it together? I want to see the wink guy! He's so cute!"

"Oh, for me is the pink haired guy!" Seojeong added excitedly.

Mnet had released the teaser of Season 2 trainees through MCountdown and it turned out Somi's best friend, Daehwi was the S2's Pick Me center. But there were several other trainees which caught the camera's attention, one of them was Ong Seongwoo.

Doyeon didn't even know which one Haerim and Seojeong were talking about because all she could focused was finding Ong Seongwoo in the midst of 101 trainees. She didn't even know she was holding her breath until she heaved a huge sigh seeing Ong Seongwoo's face in one shot camera. At least, the cameramen were finding him good enough to be shown.

Truthfully, Doyeon didn't know why it mattered to her but it did.

So the girls decided to cancel the karaoke plans and watched the first broadcast in the dorm instead. All of them were bundled together in front of the small TV on their trainee dorms, trying to get a better look.

Doyeon was in the middle of brushing her still wet hair when Yoojung nudged her.

"It's Ong Seongwoo!"

Seongwoo was shown being interviewed

"Last year's Choi Yoojung, Kim Doyeon..." her heart skipped a bit when she said him mentioning her name.

"It was the same company. Then what is he like, the guy that's appearing this time? When people said that it was very burdensome."

No, don't be, Doyeon said inaudibly, feeling nervous seeing him walking back and forth in the preparation room before making his way to the assigned seats. He chose the second seat confidently and the focus was changed to the other trainees, much to Doyeon's dismay.

She watched the rest of the show with mild interest, perked up only when Ong Seongwoo's face was shown. And Yoojung realized that.

---

It was mid of February when their manager asked them to make a cheering video for Ong Seongwoo.

"It was for his self introduction video. The actors and ASTRO also have made one." Sora urged, showing them the example videos of her labelmates cheering Ong Seongwoo.

"So we should too?"

"Of course." Sora nodded, "and even you are the one whom managed to persuade Ong Seongwoo to join the program."

Yoojung noticed the slight change in Doyeon's demeanor. She had known her so long that she didn't missed the uneasiness from Doyeon's expression.

"I will talk first."

"Can we record together?"

"Yeah, sure."

So they made one, bundled together behind their practice door, Yoojung started.

"Ong Seongwoo trainee has a tall height, and his speciality is dancing but more specifically he is really good at popping dance." She added a little popping dance at the end and she noticed Doyeon was not as tense as before.

"What should I say?" Doyeon asked, her eyes getting so big when she was nervous.

"Just a simple cheering will do, I think?"

"Okay." She nodded before giving their manager a sign to start recording.

"Ong Seongwoo, fighting!"

---

"Who is confident that I will get an A? Raise your hand!" BoA's voice was stern and slowly the trainees lower their hands.

Her phone dinged at that moment.

Joo.Kyulkyung : LOL, Dongho oppa, I saw you!

She snickered reading the KKT. Doyeon was too engrossed in watching the broadcast, she didn't realize that her IOI group chat was full with messages, mostly from Somi who was so excited for Daehwi, Sohye that hyped about the handsome trainees because she had seen the preview beforehand and Kyulkyung with her comments about Nu'est members. She was close with them, especially Dongho since he mentored as her vocal trainer, so it was understandable.

Doyeon was scrolling the other message when Seojeong clapped boisterously.

"Ong Seongwoo, so cool!"

Doyeon lifted her head and saw that Seongwoo was the only trainee that raised his hand.

"I'll be waiting." BoA said and the boy cheekily moved his hand as if nothing happened.

Then it was his performance, Doy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter