It's Christmas!

Walkin' In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunjae wasn't sure how it begun but after being close friends for so long he supposed these things just happened. It had been a tradition for the last few years to leave one of their Christmas trees bare so they could all come round and decorate it together on Christmas Eve, they would then stay overnight so they could celebrate their Christmas together.

Which left Hyunjae standing in his hallway, early morning, carrying more boxes than he thought was humanly capable by himself since his loving hybrids had decided they didn't want to help him carry the decorations they would need. He sighed, wanting so badly to just sit down with a nice cup of coffee or hot chocolate or just about anything, but instead he was left listening to Kevin bark at something repetitively from the living room. He dropped the boxes, wincing slightly when he was sure he heard something smash but persistently continued to drag the boxes to the living room.

"Kevin, please be quiet, I'm not sure what tugged your tail but it's too early for this noise" he said as he finished dragging the heavy load into the living room. "What got you so worked up?" he asked as he leaned down to pet the boy, who replied simply by pushing his head onto his hand, happy at the attention before turning back towards the offending tree and playfully growling at it.

The eldest boy squinted as he tried to search the tree for the problem, it didn't take long for him to spot the puffy cat half-way up the tree, staying stock-still as if to try and camouflage his presence. Hyunjae huffed out a laugh at the young cat and detached him from the tree, Hyunjoon huffed in protest but his complaints quickly turned to purrs as Hyunjae held him close and scratched behind his ears.

Kevin, who quickly grew impatient at the blatant lack of attention on him, brushed up against Hyunjae's leg. Hyunjae rolled his eyes but bent down, carefully as to not drop the ragdoll in his arms, to the excitable dog along the back. After a few second he placed the small animal down on the floor and fixed a stern look on him.

"Hyunjoon, what have I said about climbing the tree?" Hyunjae was sure if the boy was in human-form he would gotten an eye-roll from the boy. He had this same conversation with the boy every year, generally more than once. The ragdoll ignored him and went over to Kevin, cuddling up against the bigger animals legs, the shiba inu's tail started to wag happily at the affection.

"Okay as you know the tradition is back to us this year so the others should be here soon" Hyunjae watched amused as their attention was on him in seconds, both staring at him with wide-eyed looks. "They should be here soon so you guys need to go and change back, you won't be able to help like that". Both animals looked like they wanted to argue but seeing the look on the eldest boy's face they both grumbled and walked out of the room, Hyunjae was sure he received a side-glare from Kevin but chose to ignore it in favour of looking through the decorations.

After a few minutes both boy returned in human form, Hyunjae wasn't sure whether to laugh or coo as he took note to take pictures of the boys in their cute attires before they could shift back. Kevin was sporting a Santa hat and looking rather proud of himself, while Hyunjoon wore a pair of reindeer antlers not looking all too pleased, the expression told Hyunjae than Kevin was probably the mastermind behind the cute head pieces, and they were both wearing matching light-up Christmas jumpers.

"Wow that's some Christmas spirit" Hyunjoon sent him a scathing look before skulking over to the sofa and curling up despite his tall frame. "Don't worry Hyung! I bought you one too," Kevin pulled another jumper from nowhere, something Hyunjae was sure he wanting to ask about if he was not busy cursing his luck. He took the jumper, slightly happy about being included in the festivities.

"Thanks, I'll go put this on. You can answer the door if thy come before I'm finished" Kevin nodded happily, plopping down next to Hyunjoon, who immediately scooted over and placed his head on the older boys lap. Hyunjae snapped a photo before leaving to get changed.

Kevin ran his fingers through Hyunjoon's hair, he heard the voices before the door bell even rung, alerting everyone in the apartment to people arriving. Kevin bolted up- ignoring the curses Hyunjoon sent as he was knocked off the sofa. The shiba inu didn't bother to check the intercom before pulling the door open to reveal his friends, who he quickly ushered in upon seeing the pick noses and cheeks from the cold.

"They're here!" he barely made it through the sentence before Hyunjoon was there, pouncing on Sunwoo who had not been prepared for the surprised attack and had falling back onto Eric, who had been standing behind him. All three of them fell to the ground as the others made their way through the hall. Sunwoo groaned and pushed Hyunjoon off him. "What the hell, Joon" the slightly older boy smirked before standing up, blatantly ignoring the hand Sunwoo held out as he pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter