One

Walkin' In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you up?"

The young brunette stood outside the door, banging loudly, not bothering to listen for a response as he continued his chant. The door slammed open and the brunette smiled brightly at the glaring blonde who had opened the door.

"Oh you're up, good! You have to go to school."

The blonde leaned against his door and rose an eyebrow.

"I thought I told you yesterday, I'm not going". The brunette merely smiled, not at all phased by the blonde's attitude.

"Yeah you said that until I took you to go and get your hair done, look at that cute blonde hair and remember your promise, Sunwoo". The younger boy winked before walking away, back to his own room for a few seconds before peeking his head back out. "Don't forget to be nice, it's our first day of high school and my mum said if she hears anything negative she's shipping us back to her house".

Sunwoo glared as his 'owner' retreated back into his room. That's right, owner, Eric's mum had adopted the hybrid when the younger was just a baby hoping for her son to grow up with a life-long companion, many of Eric's older friends had similar stories but all of their hybrids were younger than them, Sunwoo himself was the same age as his partner but was a few months older than the December-born boy. The term owner was loose as the boys were more like brothers, there were various laws protecting hybrids from the awful treatment of the past, something which was stopped long before his birth.

Sighing in defeat he decided to let the boy win this time, only because he really did like his hair (although this highlights were still there, they refused to disappear no matter how strong the hair dye was), plus Hyunjoon and Eric would definitely be in his class so he supposed it wouldn't be so bad, but next time he was going to get his own way whether his 'owner' liked it or not.

"Are you done? We're going to be late if you don't hurry up. Detention on the first day is never fun!" he heard the brunette call from the hallway. Picking up his bag, he threw it over his shoulder and walked out from the room to meet the younger boy.

 

~T H E  B O Y Z~ 

 

"Kevin! Hyunjoon! You better be out here in five minutes, otherwise I'm going to eat all of the food and then call the headmistress".

He listened and sighed as he heard no movement from either room. He wasn't sure what he was expecting but he was hopeful Kevin would hear food and come running but apparently that wasn't going to work.

"Come on guys, Hwall it's your first day of high school and Kevin it's your final year, it's important and I need to go to a lecture soon so could you both just do me a favour...". He trailed off at the tell-tale click of a door opening, he watched as Kevin came out of his room, an overly innocent smile on his face as if he had not been ignoring the older male for the last twenty minutes.

"Good morning hyung" Hyunjae rolled his eyes but smiled and patted the younger males head, making sure to scratch behind his fluffy black ears. "There's breakfast on the table, hurry and eat before you are late. I'll drop you and Hyunjoon off on my way." He made sure to emphasize the youngest boy's name loud enough for him to hear behind the closed door.

"Okay~" Kevin replied cheerfully as he walked into the kitchen, curled tail wagging behind him. Hyunjae sighed as he looked at the remaining door and knocked. "Come on Hyunjoon, it's too early in the year for you to start playing hooky, I don't know why you guys are so against going to school. Haknyeon never made this fuss and he was all alone in his year". 

Once again hearing nothing, he made a move to open the door and was surprised when he found it unlocked.

"Hyunjoon?" he looked around and huffed out a laugh when he saw the small body of a familiar ragdoll glaring at him from the boys' bed. "Oh I see, I guess I'll just have to take you to school like this then". He moved quickly, scooping up the fluffy cat who growled in protest. "Yeah yeah, well if you had just gotten dressed for school this wouldn't have been an issue" he held back a laugh as the cat made a noise he liked to think of as an unhappy grumble without an actually translation.

"Hyung we only have ten minutes left!" Kevin yelled at he walked into the room, snorting when he saw the grumpy cat in the elders arms. "Aww does the little kitty not want to go to school, poor little thing" he teased, Hyunjoon growled, ears flattening against his head as he glared at the dog, the elder looking mildly offended. "Hyung! Hyunjoon threatened to bite me!"

Hyunjae chuckled and placed the cat back onto the bed. "You have ten minutes to get dressed and be in the car. Your lunch is on the table and if you want breakfast there are some cereal bars in the cupboard". He left the room once he heard the cat huff, knowing he wouldn't ignore his reque

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter