AU : High School Sweethearts ( P2 )

Our Perfect Journey

 Taeyeon turned around again. 

 

 He snored. 

 

 This time, she didn't smile. His sleepiness was something that Taeyeon never could imagine. How can someone feels sleepy after an hour of sleeping during Calculus and 30 minutes of sleeping during Arts? He really marveled her. ' I just hope that he accepts my offer, ' she thought and focused on the whiteboard that contained a hell lot of formulas. 

 

 " So, yesterday's project resulted in a lot of good grades from you guys. I wish the best to all of you to face your finals in 3 weeks, " Mr. Han, their Science teacher said as the students groaned, already feeling tired over the fact that they have to face finals. I mean, let's be real here, who likes finals? 

 

 Kim Taeyeon, maybe.

 

 " Class finished! " Mr. Han said and the students almost immediately scurried out of the classroom. Taeyeon, again, turned around and looked at the peaceful Jiyong. " Haih, looking at him sleeping doesn't feel like I'm looking at a mafia boss, " she muttered as she held in her laughter when a loud snore erupted from Jiyong. " Well, I could tell that he's having a good sleep, " she chuckled slightly and looked at the entrance to see Tiffany and Sunny, her best friends. " Wait for me, " the girl hurriedly packed her bag as she fastened her pace toward her 2 best friends. 

 

 " Hoe hoe, what are you doing with that guy alone in the classroom? " Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows at Tiffany's statement. " Nothing, I was just packing my bag and he was just sleeping, " she replied and Sunny gaped out of nowhere as she pinched Taeyeon's side. " What? " she puckered her lips to the front, signaling that there was someone in front of them. Taeyeon inverted her attention to the front and saw Baekhyun badly bruised and his uniform almost tore apart. 

 

 " Omo, Baekhyun-ah, what happened? " Baekhyun looked at Taeyeon with his eyes half closed and cracked a small smile. " Noona? " his body limped slowly toward Taeyeon. " Crap bacon, who did this to you? " Tiffany asked as Taeyeon put his arm around her shoulder to support him. " Before anything else, we have to go to the hospital first, " Taeyeon said and the three of them rushed toward Tiffany's car with Baekhyun almost unconscious. Taeyeon took a glance at Baekhyun with tears welled in her eyes. She could feel his heartbeat became slow and he was almost unconscious. 

 

 ' Please, be strong Baekhyun-ah, ' she prayed silently inside her heart as they entered Tiffany's small pink car and drove off to the hospital.

 

------------------------------

 

 Jiyong's eyes fluttered open when he heard the door slammed loudly because of the wind. He stood straight and yawned as he stretched his body to ease his sore body. He looked around and panicked when he noticed the classroom was empty. He stared at the empty seat in front of him. " , she already left? I thought she always stay back in the classroom for awhile. To think that she would even wake me up was absurd, " he muttered as he missed his chance to talk to about her 'offer' to her. 

 

 Yeah, the powerful dragon finally decided to accept Kim Taeyeon's offer. That's just because all that he ever wanted was the mafia leader spot. If it's not because of his dad, he wouldn't even want to associate with her. 

 

 Except, Jiyong was feeling weird lately.

 

 He felt greatly disappointed that he couldn't see little missy at the end of the class because he overslept. He didn't know why and actually he didn't even notice that yet.

 

 Well, let's just wait for him to realize that soon.

 

-----------------------------

 

 " Well, except for some broken ribs, a broken arm and a bad wound at his head, he has no trauma, external injuries, except for the bruises. Well, you can see him now, " the doctor flashed them a smile before he departed to his next patient. Taeyeon entered the room and saw Baekhyun looked at her, guilt appeared in his expression. " Where's Sunny noona and Tiffany noona? " he questioned when he didn't see the 2 ladies with Taeyeon. " They got some business to attend to. Now, tell me, what happened? " 

 

 Baekhyun instantly looked away and gulped, pondering over whether he should tell her or not.

 

 She took his hand in hers and held his shoulder. " Tell me Baekhyun-ah, you know noona don't like secrets and lies, " Taeyeon stated as he slowly turned around to face her. " Promise me, we'll still be friends even if you're angry? " he showed his pinky finger. Taeyeon just rolled his eyes at his childish gesture. They pinky promised. " I bullied someone, "

 

 A minute of silence for Taeyeon to calm herself.

 

 " Who? " Taeyeon's slow voice gave chills to Baekhyun. 

 

 " Someone's sister, " Taeyeon sighed. " Basically, you were beaten up by her brother then? " he slowly nodded. " Did you harm the girl? " she asked, slightly afraid of the answer Baekhyun was going to give her because she knew, her self-control won't be too long until Baekhyun said something wrong again. " No, " thank god for that answer. " Where did you last meet them? " she asked and slung her backpack over her shoulder before she soothed her crumpled skirt. " The alley beside uncle's store, " 

 

 Taeyeon's body froze.

 

 ' Is it Jiyong? No, it can't be. He was with me in the classroom just now. Then, is it one of his men? ' Taeyeon shook his head and sternly looked at him. " As we promise, I'll still be friend with you but, we indeed promise nothing about my anger management and my attitude toward you after this, " she said and left the room, leaving the heartbroken Byun Baekhyun. " Aish, Byun Baekhyun, you messed up big time, " he muttered to himself.

 

 Yep, indeed he messed up BIG time. 

 

-----------------------------

 

 " I swear if I ever saw that tard ever again, I'll screw him big time, " Jackson spat as he glared at the space in front of him. " Bro, you already ed him bad enough just now. I'm impressed that he still can walk tho, " Yoongi smirked at the image of the poor boy limping away from his best friend. " By the way, why do you think boss asked Taeyong to meet him in the room? " Jackson shrugged and threw the cigarette in his hand on the ground and stepped on it. 

 

 The both of them turned around when they heard a screeching sound outside of the alley. A taxi could be seen stopping and the same brave girl from previous day came out of the taxi. " Ooh, little missy came back again, huh? Do I look good? " Yoongi asked Jackson as he posed handsomely just to receive a hard nudge from the annoyed plus furious lad in front of him. " Oof, don't be harsh, " he muttered and flashed a smile to the lady who was walking toward them. '' Are you here for the boss? " Yoongi asked and Taeyeon shook her head. " Do any of you guys have a sister that was bullied just now? "

 

 Welp, Taeyeon just went straight to the point like that. 

 

 " Why? Do you want to beat that person for beating your boyfriend? " Jackson said, anger filled in his eyes. Taeyeon smiled guiltily at Jackson and immediately bowed 90 degrees at Jackson, making both guys stunned at her action. " I'm very sorry for the trouble my friend did. I think you did a great job dealing with his bull because that would certainly make him be scarred for life and prevents him from bullying people again, " Taeyeon said, again, stunning Jackson whom certainly didn't expect that as her reaction. " By the way, what's your name? " Taeyeon asked. " W-Wang Jackson, " he stammered, afraid that she would have something hidden from him. " I'm Kim Taeyeon. Maybe next time you're up for a dinner together? I would be happy if you bring your sister together with you. It's a sign of apology since Baekhyun is currently bedridden, obviously, so I'm apologizing for him, "

 

 " I don't need anything from you, I just need his apology, that's all, " Jackson answered coldly. " After our dinner, he'll come here to apologize to you, please, Baekhyun is almost like my brother and I'm really guilty by what he did to your sister, " Taeyeon said as she looked at him with anticipation. " A-alright then, I'll tell my sister, " he muttered, making Taeyeon cheered loudly and clapped her hand. " Good, then this Friday night at Kim's noodle shop, " she informed him as Jackson just stared at the girl blankly. Yoongi cleared his throat and posed handsomely in front of Taeyeon just like what he did to Jackson. " What about me? " he flashed her a smirk that could make every girl goo into a puddle.

 

 Taeyeon smiled at him and patted his shoulder. " Maybe next time, "

 

 " Why are you guys being so loud? "

 

 Taeyong came out from the room with Jiyong behind. The two boys immediately bowed to their boss as Jiyong raised his eyebrows at Taeyeon. " Are you guys younger than us? " Taeyeon asked the two boys. They timidly nodded their heads. " Well, no wonder you guys bowed to him," Taeyeon shrugged. " And he's our boss, please use the honorific, " Taeyong eyed her coldly as she just laughed dorkily. " He's your boss. For me, he's just the boy who always sleeps behind me," she stated, shocking Jiyong.

 

 Well, nobody really thought him that way and that's actually a unique way of perceiving him.

 

 " What are you doing here? " Jiyong slightly stammered. Yoongi, Jackson, and Taeyong was slightly shocked when they saw their boss' charisma disappeared. " Just handling some business with this guy over here, " Taeyeon pointed at Jackson. She brightly smiled at Jiyong. " By the way, have you think about my offer? " Jiyong sighed, here goes nothing. ' Drop all your pride Jiyong, only for 3 weeks, then finished, ' he thought to himself and then nodded.

 

 " Good then, meet me at Kim's noodle shop, Friday night. By that means, tomorrow night, " Taeyeon said and then turned toward Jackson. " You too, make sure bring your sister along, " then toward Yoongi and Taeyong. " If you guys want to tag along, feel free to do so, " Taeyeon smiled sweetly as she bowed to them and hopped happily back to her home.

 

 " You bet I'll be courting her, " Yoongi whispered to Jackson and unfortunately, the dragon heard that and insecurities started to creep into his heart. 

 

 ' The , you shouldn't be feeling this way, Ji. Just because she's different from any other girl and you view her as the most beautiful girl doesn't mean-.... '

 

 He groaned, frustrated with himself.

 

------------------------------

 

 " Urm, you are still mad at me? "

 

 Taeyeon raised her eyebrows. " Ya think? " she answered as her hand kept on peeling the apple for the stubborn 'baby' on the hospital bed. " Eat this. In an hour Sunny and Tiff will come and teach you a freaking lesson, I have something to do at my family's shop, " she said as she handed the peeled apple to Baekhyun and proceeded to exit the room. Not until Baekhyun held her wrist, preventing her from leaving him. 

 

 " I love you, "

 

 Taeyeon's body tensed and her eyes softened. " That's a hard word to use Baekhyun-ah, " Taeyeon said, her back was still facing him.

 

 " Noona, I'm certain about my feelings, "

 

 Finally, she turned around and when Baekhyun saw her eyes, he just wanted to turn back time and stop himself from confessing. Because he saw the guilt in her eyes.

 

 The guilt of not wanting to break his fragile heart.

 

 " I'm sorry Baekhyun-ah, someone already owned my heart a long time ago, " 

 

 Baekhyun's face fell and a small smile formed on his face. A bitter smile, of course.

 

 " Is it him? The guy from your grade 5 class? "

 

 Taeyeon smiled slightly, she knew that Baekhyun knew about that guy. The guy that helped her when she was badly bullied by a young teacher.

 

 Yup, a young teacher.

 

 " Well, at least I know your heart is save, " 

 

 " Save? "

 

 " From heartbreak, "

 

 The both of them smiled at each other but Baekhyun, being the mischievous one snorted and pushed Taeyeon's shoulder lightly. " You don't have to worry about that guy. I'm the one that'll break your heart, " he smirked. " Tch, what the hell are you talking about, you're as soft and cute as a poodle, " she pinched his cheek, receiving a glare from the young man. " I'll see you tomorrow, bye! " she waved and exited the room.

 

 The smile that was previously attached to Baekhyun's face disappeared slowly. A droplet of tears unconsciously escaped his eyes.

 

 " Once again, you break my heart noona, "

 

---------------------------

 

 " Mom, my friends will come later, can you make your best noodle? "

 

 Taeyeon sheepishly asked as Mrs. Kim squinted her eyes at her. She sighed. " I'm paying mom, " then, a smile formed on Mrs. Kim's face.

 

 " Geez, it's not like we'll go bankrupt or anything, " she muttered and rolled her eyes at her mother's selfishness. Well, what Taeyeon was saying was true enough. The Kim family is hella rich but they opened a noodle shop nearby their house because of her parents' love towards noodle and they labeled it as a hobby.

 

 A hobby that gained a lot.

 

 " So, who is this friend you invited? " Mr. Kim asked as he wiped the table beside the one Taeyeon was sitting at. " Just a couple of friends. I owed one of them big and the others, I just offered them to tag along, " Taeyeon shrugged. She looked around the deserted noodle shop. The shop opened from 12 noon till 6 o'clock only because well, it's only a hobby. " Is one of them your boyfriend? " Taeyeon's eyes widened as the color red crept on her face. 

 

 " N-no, "

 

 Mr. Kim smirked when his daughter stammered. " Well, I'm expecting a well-mannered young man Taeyeon-ah, " he winked at her and continued on wiping the table.

 

 Taeyeon sighed. ' I wish he is my boyfriend, not he is my boyfriend, ' she thought as she fiddled with the hem of her skirt.

 

 Yup, for the first time ever, she wore skirt not because of her school uniform.

 

 Because she wanted to.

 

 That's why her father asked her whether she was meeting with her boyfriend. 

 

 " Good evening! " someone cheerfully greeted as that person opened the door to the shop. Taeyeon looked over at the door and saw Yoongi, Taeyong, Jackson and a girl slightly younger than her. ' Where's Jiyong? ' she frowned when she didn't see him anywhere. " Taeyeon-ssi, than you for inviting us here, " Taeyong said as all of them greeted Taeyeon. " Oh, that's your sister? " she asked as she smiled at the girl. " Yeah, she's Dahyun, " Dahyun bowed at Taeyeon. " Make yourself at home, my mom will arrive with the foods, " they thanked her for the free foods and took their own seat. " Yoongi-ssi, where's Jiyong? " Taeyeon asked the guy who was sitting in front of her. " Well, he was supposed to be here already since he left without us, " Taeyeon nodded and frowned.

 

 " Do you like him? " 

 

 Stunned, she turned toward him with a stoned smile. " Huh? "

 

 " Tch, don't lie, you're so obvious, " he sighed and stood up. " I'll just sit with them there, don't want to disturb your little date, right? " he signaled toward the door with his eyes and Taeyeon saw Jiyong, good looking as always with his white, sleeveless shirt and denim pants. " Ahh, there goes my chance to court her, " Taeyeon heard Yoongi mumbled as he left her table. 

 

 Well, she just ignored it.

 

 " Sorry, I'm a little late from them, " he said as he rubbed his nape. " Nah, its okay, by the way, what book did you bring with you? " Taeyeon asked.

 

 Jiyong took out a couple Calculus books and a Biology book from his bag and put it on the table. " These are the subjects I'm really in need help with, " he said as Taeyeon flipped open the book and saw some topics were circled. " Woah, you circled the topic you didn't know? " he awkwardly nodded his head. She pushed his shoulder slightly. " That's good. You're showing some interest in studying, that's an improvement, " she nodded her head and gave him a thumbs up. 

 

 A smile formed on his face when he realized how cute the angel in front of him could be. 

 

 Yesterday, the whole night was spend to ponder about his feelings toward her. He called Youngbae, his best friend for some advice and then, a solution was made.

 

 He's head over heels for her. 

 

 Right now, it's hard enough for him to not just claim the girl in front of him as his. He looked down back at the question he was doing. 

 

 " Is this right? " he sowed the answer to Taeyeon. She scanned the paper slowly and a wide smile appeared on her face.

 

 " Woah, you got it right the first try! " she stated, a little bit too excited with her clapping and all. 

 

 " You know that you're so freaking beautiful, right? "

 

 The both of them stunned after the words blurted out of Jiyong's mouth. Taeyeon smiled and moved her face close to Jiyong. " What if I answered yes? " he smirked after getting out of the freeze mode. He inched closer. " Then, you're damn right, " he caught her lips and the both of them smiled, knowing well that their feelings toward each other were pretty much exposed. 

 

 " Ehem, "

 

 They parted and looked beside them to see Mrs. Kim holding a tray with 2 bowls of noodle on it. 

 

 Sure as hell their faces were priceless with their mouth hung low and eyes wide opened.

 

 Mrs. Kim smiled. 

 

 " It's in the house, "

 

-----------------------------

 

 " Wow, Kwon Jiyong, 95 for Calculus. Congrats, " the old teacher smiled at him as he smirked and took the paper and sat in his seat.

 

 " As usual, Kim Taeyeon, a perfect 100, " Taeyeon smiled and thanked the teacher before she took the paper.

 

 The bell rang, signaling the end of school. When the classroom emptied, Taeyeon turned around to face a smiling Kwon Jiyong. " Congratulation Kwon Jiyong-ssi, you got an A this final, " he stood up and sat on Taeyeon's desk. " Well, thanks to an angel for offering a help to this poor boy, " she grinned as Jiyong lowered his head to kiss her forehead.

 

 " Thanks, Tae, "

 

 His lips stopped in front of her lips. 

 

 " For being my savior, "

 

 There we go, the kissing scene.

 

 Sunny, Tiffany, and Baekhyun stood frozen at the entrance of the couple's class.

 

 " Eww, get a room! "

 

 They just smiled and ignored the trio.