|6. THE LIGHT

The Power Of Royalty

Blackness surrounded him. It was pitch black. There was a tiny light in front of Jimin. He didn't wake up yet. The light was something special for him, which meant that he was to follow it everywhere it went.

Jimin felt slightly odd, it was as if he was nowhere. All he could see was darkness and the light that he could see far away.

"Hello?" He shouted, but all he heard was his voice echoing further and further away, to the point where he couldn't hear it again.

He rubbed his hands together before he slowly walked toward the tiny light. It wasn't as far as he thought it was and soon enough he was right in front of it.

His small hand poked the tiny light.

Jimin couldn't tell if he was nervous or scared, or both at the same time, but mostly he was scared.

The tiny light bounced as Jimin's hand touched it, which made him jump back in surprise.

What if I put my whole arm in there?

Jimin thought that it would be a bad idea, but there was no other way round it.

He took his arm out and put it inside the light.

Jimin chuckled slightly, "Why was I scared of this tiny-"

A cold hand gripped his arm as it pulled him into the light, making Jimin scream loudly.

He was scared. Scared of what would happen to him. He kept on thinking that this was a dream, and that it'd be all over, but it wasn't.

His eyes were open wide. He saw old houses around him. Jimin looked around.

Something is going on.

Kids sat outside the porch with dirty clothes and faces. Jimin felt guilty all of a sudden.

"Having fun?"

Jimin flinched as he heard a voice behind him. He then turned around and saw a man, smiling widely at him.

"Who are you?" Jimin's voice trembled as this person just scared the crap out of him.

The man frowned.

"The black werewolf."

Jimin looked at him, confused. It couldn't be.

"B-but you were so small and fragile and..."

Handsome.

"And?" The black werewolf questioned.

Jimin shook his head and studied his surroundings once again before looking at the werewolf in front of him.

"Uh, where am I?"

"You know exactly where you are. 35th Sung Street. Thursday morning, 15th August, a day after the fire. Ring a bell?"

The fire...? Document A...

"What...? How did I get here?"

"You went back in time, simple. You're here, the place of the fire."

"I don't get it... how did the fire start?"

The black werewolf sighed, shoving his hands into his pockets. He began walking in a straight line.

Jimin trailed behind him, taking in the rather dull scenery.

The leaves were dead, fallen onto the dirties sidewalk. The trees themselves were barren, but it was the middle of summer. The houses were all bleak. They were all painted a faded grey, it looked so sad. A few people walked past, no emotions on their faces, blankly staring at the ground.

The place he has travelled back in time to was quite depressing. He couldn't bare the thought of living here.

He snapped out of his thoughts when he saw the black werewolf come to a halt.

The house of the fire.

"Oh my god..." Jimin gaped in shock.

In front of his eyes was a burned down house, black soot covering the building. Shattered glass fell around the perimeter of the house, pieces of slate from the roof still falling down. The once intact gate was melted and bent, thrown to the side.

The black werewolf gestured for Jimin to explore around a bit, and he gladly did. He peered through the broken windows. The walls were all stripped off of their wallpaper and picture frames were burnt, their splinters showing. The couch was all gone, with some patches of fabric scattered over the floor, one part of the bare frame only showing. Desks, chairs, beds and shelves were all destroyed.

The carpet had shrivelled. The house was crippling, close to completely falling apart. It was a massive fire— and this was the aftermath.

Jimin walked to the backyard, stepping over the fallen and ruined fence. The grass had been painted black. The shed was rotting and was also covered in soot. Things that exploded landed in the garden, and so Jimin had to be careful of his every step incase he stepped on something sharp.

"How did this happen? It's such a huge accident."

The black werewolf chuckled.

"Accident? It was no accident, it was on purpose."

Jimin's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Surely no one could cause this much damage on purpose? Only someone cruel would do that.

"You think it's Jeon Jeongguk, Kim Taehyung and Min Yoongi, right? On your suspect list?"

"How did you-"

"Right?" The black werewolf insisted.

"Y-yes. I don't think it would have been on purpose, would it?"

"Wrong. They did."

Jimin opened his mouth.

"Why?"

The black werewolf began to walk again, this time into the house, Jimin following suit.

"Let's just day, in simpler terms, they weren't good friends with the family. Their childish arguments turned into something far worse and caused this. It was planned. So yes, they did do it. And they had no remorse."

Jimin stumbled across a picture that was still slightly intact. It showed a picture of a family of four, smiling and standing in front of their house.

A mother, beautiful and dressed neatly, accessorised in pearls and fine jewellery. A father, dressed in a dark suit and groomed well. A small girl, in a frilly dress and pigtails. A young boy, dressed in a shirt and long shorts looking well.

A happy family.

"This place wasn't always bleak, was it?" Jimin asked, running his fingers over the picture, dusting the soot off.

The black werewolf stopped and looked at Jimin.

"No. No place is born bad. It turns bad. This place was great, everyone knew each other and helped. But once the three men caused trouble, people starting falling out. No one wanted to be associated with the Lee's. And ever since, this place became this and everyone struggles."

"The Lee's?"

"That's the family. They're happy right? That's before they were involved with Jeongguk."

"Just Jeongguk?"

"Well, he mainly led this."

Jimin carries the picture, following the black werewolf out of the house.

"I didn't catch your name."

"I never said it."

Jimin gulped and muttered a small 'sorry' and continued walking. It felt as if they were walking for ages, and Jimin's feet began to tire. He began to feel drowsy, and a little faint.

Then he saw black.

Pitch black.