chapter 8

Little Sips

“So um…what is this place?” Eunwoo asked as they had enter the slightly foggy and dark room.

Kyla sighed, “Honestly I didn’t want you to come but whatever” She paused for a moment as she slapped Eunwoo’s hand away from a book, “This is my spell room”

Kyulkyung blinked as she let out a small “Ah” at the realization of what Kyla was. Kyla was a witch but that still didn’t completely answer why Siyeon was so scared of her.

“I don’t get it, why do you need a spell book? Are you a witch of something?” Eunwoo asked as she began to laugh which lasted a little too long, she was hunched over with her hands on her belly and tears in her eyes.

Kyulkyung and Kyla stayed silent waiting for Eunwoo to finish laugh, Kyulkyung could see how annoyed Kyla was because her eye was twitching.

“Haaaa” Eunwoo sighed as she wiped her eyes, “Okay I’m done”

“To answer your question, yes I am a witch” Kyla said and Kyulkyung’s eyes widened, was she supposed to tell people like that?

Eunwoo blinked for a few seconds before smiling widely, “That’s cool! I always felt supernatural people existed but I wasn’t completely sure and now it has been confirmed that’s soooooo cool”

Kyulkyung couldn’t help but feel that Eunwoo was taking this way better than she thought she would.

“Can you shut up and sit down already?” Kyla asked with a scowl as she sat at a table that Kyulkyung didn’t remember seeing when they first arrived to this room but her and Eunwoo listened and sat down.

“Like I was saying earlier in the library, who are you to Nayoung?” Kyla asked as she leaned forward placing her head onto her hands.

“I honestly don’t know, she just appeared one day and bit me” Kyulkyung said deciding to answer truthfully.

“Whoa! She bit you?! That’s so !” Eunwoo exclaimed with a gasp.

Kyulkyung smirked, “I even called her daddy while she did so”

Eunwoo gasped once again, “So scandalous”

“You guys are disgusting, why are mortals like this…” Kyla said with a small “tsk”

“I’m sure you are just as dirty you witchy poo” Eunwoo said with a glare that wouldn’t scare anyone, “Hell you could probably make yourself a fake boy to mess wit-“

“First of all never call me witchy poo again or they’ll find your corpse in a ditch,” Kyla said with a furrow of her brows (Kyulkyung actually likes her eyebrows but she would never say that in this situation), “Second of all, I would never use my magic to make a boy-“

“Fine a girl then” Eunwoo said cutting her off.

Kyla stared at her blankly and before Kyulkyung could even realize what was happening there was tape around Eunwoo’s mouth.

“That’s ” Kyulkyung said on instinct before quickly covering with her hand when Kyla looked at her.

“You’re about to get the same treatment, so shut up” Kyla warned her which made Kyulkyung quickly nod.

“Anyway back to the Nayoung biting you thing, she probably lost control” Kyla said as she began to play with the tips of her hair.

“What do you mean by losing control?” Kyulkyung questioned.

“Nayoung doesn’t drink blood normally, the girl doesn’t even usually touch blood”

This surprised Kyulkyung deeply, was this why Nayoung never took her offer of her blood?

“She usually loses control once in a while but it’s rare and she never knows when it’s going to happen, I guess she didn’t bring her fake blood bag things with her”

“Nayoung is a vampire?!” Eunwoo exclaimed which made both Kyulkyung and Kyla jump, wasn’t taped?

“How the hell did you take the tape off?! It was spell bound to your face!” Kyla exclaimed, she looked incredibly stressed and confused and honestly Kyulkyung was just as confused.

“She took it off” Eunwoo said pointing next to her and honestly Kyulkyung felt her face become so warm when Siyeon stepped out as she automatically remembered the kiss they shared.

“Siyeon what the hell are you doing here?” Kyla asked with a small growl.

“I just wanted to visit my favorite youngest but then when I got here I noticed the scent of some pretty girls and when I came in you were in a very deep conversation with my pretty little Kyulkyung but you left this angel with covered, of course I would take it off of her” Siyeon explained while she caressed Eunwoo’s face.

“I really hate you, you don’t show up on time when I need you but you show when I never asked for you to come.” Kyla said with her eyes closed as she clenched the table.

“Aww Kyla don’t take it personally last time wasn’t my fault” Siyeon said automatically putting on a baby voice.

“Um can we get back to the topic at hand?” Kyulkyung asked as she raised her hand out of habit.

Everyone paused and became quiet for a few seconds before Kyla spoke, “Ah yes I’m sorry, I get distracted because of that one”

“It’s okay but what do you mean by fake blood bags?” Kyulkyung asked.

“It’s a mixture of some stuff that acts like a blood substitute, I don’t know how she is able to drink that though…I don’t think it’s healthy for her” Kyla responded as she looked down at the table.

“It really isn’t healthy for her but she won’t drink anything else, something traumatic happened to her in her long life I assume” Siyeon said butting in.

Kyulkyung bit her lip and her heart began to race, was she really going to learn about Nayoung this way?

“W-what happened?”

“She killed a past lover-“

Everyone in the room jumped as there was a bang as the door flew open and off its hinges.

“Don’t listen to a single thing she says”

Kyulkyung’s eyes widened, “N-Nayoung”

Siyeon narrowed her eyes, “Why? Nayoung you would have had to tell her everything eventually, she lives with you for crying out loud. How long would it have taken before she started to get curious and snoop around?”

“I would never-“ Kyulkyung went to defend herself but was quickly cut off by Nayoung’s voice,

“Then if that time was to come I’d tell her when I became ready, this is not the time nor the place. I certainly don’t want her to hear these things from you” Nayoung said as she strut towards Kyulkyung and grabbed her arm, “Get up, we’re leaving”

“B-but I-“

“Now”

Kyulkyung didn’t bother to speak back as she stood up and let Nayoung pull her out of the room.

The three in the room were silent before Siyeon turned towards Eunwoo, “Sooo come here often?”

“Actually no I don’t, do you?” Eunwoo answered with a smile.

“Yes I do” Siyeon said with a wink.

Kyla sighed, “I just fixed that door”