Chapter 35

Hey Playboy, Remember Me?

            “Why are you still ignoring me?” you followed.

            “I’m not.” Mina denied, keeping a fast pace.

            You sped up your speed and caught up to her, grabbing her by the arm. “Seriously, what’s up with you lately?”

            She sighed, looking at you.

            “Ever since that one day in class when the whole student body found out about me and Woohyun, you’ve been avoiding me.”

            “You know why?”

            “No! That’s what I’m trying to figure out or else I wouldn’t be asking!” you mentally face-palmed yourself.

            “You lied to me, that’s why!”

            “About what?!”

            “That weekend! You said you were going to a family dinner!”

            You looked at her apologetically, “How’d you find out?”

            “Well, gee,” she said sarcastically. “You became Woohyun’s girlfriend over the weekend so I figured.”

            “Are you upset that me and Woohyun are a thing now?” you asked confused. Maybe she thought that if you had a boyfriend, you’d changed and forget about your friends like most other girls do. You were about to reassure her when…

            “No! I’m upset because you lied to me!”

            “It was just a small lie. I’m sorry. I didn’t know it would bug you that much.” You said, sincerely apologizing.

            “It’s not that… It’s just… I thought that we were best friends, you know? I mean, you’re the only friend I have now, and you accepted me – the freaking nerd of the school. I guess I just got a bit offended when you lied to me because I felt like you couldn’t trust me the way I trusted you. I tell you everything, but you don’t tell me everything. I think it’s because I’ve never really had friends before and sometimes I feel like I’m just your back up. You have Infinite and Chunji, and all I got is you for a friend so sometimes I feel like I annoy you. When I found out you lied to me, I felt like we aren’t as close I thought we were, and that maybe you didn’t think of me as a best friend like I thought you were.”

            Your heart dropped and you immediately hugged her as she hugged you back. “That’s not true. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. You’re my best friend too. I’m sorry I lied. I didn’t know that it would make you feel like that.”

       ~from the distance~

            “Hey look, it’s Veronica and Mina.” Dongwoo said, pointing at your two hugging figures.

            “What are they doing?” Woohyun asked, confused.

            “I don’t know man. Girls are weird.” Hoya replied as they all gave you two weird looks and walked away.

--

            “You guys okay?” Woohyun whispered to you in class.

            You whispered back, “Yeah, I found out why she was ignoring me these past few days. We’re all good now.”

            “That’s good. The boys and I were confused seeing you girls being so overdramatic,” he snickered jokingly.

            “Pfft,” you slapped him, lightly.

            And as he opened his mouth to say something-

            “Woohyun!” Mr. Han raised his voice, stirring Woohyun and you as faces from the other students turned around to look at him.

            ‘Crap. We’re in trouble now.’ You thought.

            “Yes, Mr. Han?” Woohyun asked with caution.

            “Is there something more important than my lesson that you were rather talk about?”

            “No, sir.”

            “Enlighten me, Woohyun. What was so important that you just had to talk about it instead of paying attention to the lesson?”

            He looked at the teacher with a “o_O” expression as you snickered at Woohyun for getting in trouble when you in fact were also talking. Woohyun shot you the look ‘If I’m going down, you’re going down with me’.

            “But Mr. Han, I wasn’t the only one talking!” he complained, trying to drag you down with him.

            “Then who?” Mr. Han asked, his eyebrows rose up.

            Woohyun accusingly pointed a finger at you, “Veronica!”

            ‘Aish.’ You thought. What an of him for trying to get you in trouble with him just to save his own . You mentally shook your head thinking, ‘smh’.

            “Ahhh,” Mr. Han relaxed his tone. “But Mr. Nam Woohyun, Veronica isn’t failing my class. She actually has quite impressive grades, you may say.” Mr. Han mocked, making Woohyun flush in embarrassment when the other kids lightly chuckled. Woohyun had his mouth slightly open in humiliation with nothing else to say.

            “I-” he stumbled on his words. “I’m not failing!”

            “Not yet you aren’t, but you are surely close. You’re just barely hanging in there.” Mr. Han said.  You looked at Woohyun and tried to hold your giggle. “Unless you pass the final exam, you’re doomed.”

           Woohyun sighed. “Come on Mr. Han. Why do you have to put me up in the spot like that?” he asked, humiliated.

           “You asked for it Woohyun. Go stand in the back of the class with your arms up as punishment,” Mr. Han said, turning around to start his lesson again as Sungyeol, Dongwoo, and Sunggyu busted out laughing at their friend who got in trouble. One man’s misery is another man’s joy.

            “Ahh,” Mr. Han turned back around, feigning amusement. He lowered his glasses, “Since it’s so funny, you three also should share the excitement.”

            With a groan, Dongwoo, Sunggyu, and Sungyeol regretted laughing out loud and went to stand next to Woohyun who plastered a smug grin on his face at his friends.

-

            “Gosh, I swear Mr. Han hates my guts.” Woohyun complained.

            You laughed at him, “You’re such an for trying to get me in trouble too. Too bad it back fired at you.”

            “Whatever,” he shrugged it off. “What are you doing today? Want to spend time together.”

            “I’m hanging out with Chunji today!” you said excitedly.

            Woohyun gave you a disproving look, “Why him?”

            You return his look with the ‘well-duh’ look. “He’s my best friend...” you said. “Why?”

            “I just don’t like him. That’s all.” Woohyun sulked, walking faster.

            “Why not?” you asked, catching up.

            “I just don’t.” It was somewhat part of the truth.

            “Why?” you asked once again, now walking backwards in front of him as he continued forward, trying to get him to look you in the face.

            “Just because,” he said, avoiding your face.

            You firmly held his arms, causing him to stop and look at you. “Are you jealous?” you said playfully.

            “No.” he said firmly- a little too firmly that it proved your suspicion.

            “You’re jealous!” you laughed.

            “No I’m not.” He said, once again avoiding eye contact.

            “Jealous~” you sang.

            “Not.”

            “Jealous~”

            He stopped in his tracks, finally looking you in the face, making you stop your teasing. His face was serious and you felt kind of bad.

             Honestly, Woohyun wasn’t jealous because of any special attachment you had to him. It was because of what Myungsoo said: Chunji could be taking away your chance. Think about it. They see each other at the club and then leave together. He picks her up after school. Anything running through your mind right now, Woohyun? (<-chapter 11)

            Woohyun sighed, “You guys are just best friends, right?”

            “Yeah, of course. Why?” you were confused. Why was he acting like that all of a sudden?

            ‘Boys and girls can’t just be best friends.’ He thought and wanted to say. But instead he said, “Well… I mean. Before…”

            You looked at him, still not understanding.

            “I mean, at the club once… when you first got here… we saw you making out with Chunji and then you two left together…” he said awkwardly, assuming other things.

            It was a club after all. It could have been just a regular one-night stand like a lot of drunken clubbers have, but it was quite strange that if it was a one-night stand… Why would the person still stick around?

            “What?” you asked, disbelieved. Did you really make out with Chunji?

            “You don’t remember?” Woohyun asked.

            “I guess not.” You shrugged.

            “Well…”

            “I’m sure we didn’t do anything though.” You thought back carefully.

            “Veronica!” a voice in the distance called your name.

            You and Woohyun turned to the sound of the voice.

            “Chunji!” you yelled happily waving at him as Woohyun let out a “tch” while Chunji made his way over.

            “Woohyun.” He said.

            “Chunji.” Woohyun replied back.

            You looked between the two. Well, this was some awkward .

            “What are you doing here?” Chunji asked the black haired male.

            Woohyun wrapped his arms around your shoulder and pulled you close to his form, making you surprised. “I was wondering what my girlfriend was going to do today so we could spend time together, but she already had other plans.”

            Chunji gave you a knowing look that Woohyun missed. Chunji played along, but also decided to annoy Woohyun a bit. “Well,” he said and grabbed your wrist, pulling you away from Woohyun’s structure and into his. “I’m going to hang out with my best friend,” Chunji teased, adding a little suggestive tone in it, and you knew exactly what he was trying to do.

            Woohyun pulled you back into him and then he gave you a peck on the lips like how other boyfriends would do to get a guy hitting on his girl away. He then let you go with a smile and glare at Chunji.

            Chunji scoffed inwardly at himself. He could see right through Woohyun.

            “Bye honey. Have fun,” Woohyun smiled at you and gave Chunji a serious look.

            Chunji mentally barfed in his head.

            As soon as you were released from Woohyun, you took Chunji’s arm with yours. “Let’s go! What are you waiting for!” you said, excited to hang out with him as you left without saying bye to Woohyun, and he turned to give Woohyun a smirk while Woohyun looked at your back, disbelieved.

--

            “Oh my gosh, Chunji. You’re horrible.” You laughed at the little performance between the both of them.

            “What? It’s only fun if you spice things up.” He smiled.

            You stopped in your tracks, remembering what Woohyun talked about earlier. “Hey, can I ask you something?”

            Chunji looked at you.

            “Woohyun said I made out with you?” you asked so casually.

            Chunji answered awkwardly, “Yeah… You were drunk. I think it was the first time we met.”

            “Did I really?” you laughed at yourself. “I don’t even remember.”

            “Yeah. It was nice though.” He laughed also, making you laugh at his bluntness. “But about you and Woohyun,”

            “Oh yeah. The plan is going great! I’m so thankful that you helped me.”

            Chunji played arrogance.

            “But there is one thing that’s bugging me.”

            “Which is?” he tilted his head.

            “Mina.”

            Chunji sighed, “What now?”

            “I don’t know. I just feel so bad for lying to her again. She found out that I lied to her about last weekend. I told her I had a family dinner-”

            “Oh, that day when you went on that ‘so-called’ date with Woohyun and he kissed you?”

            “Yeah, that.”

            “Just forget it. Don’t worry.”

            “No, you don’t understand. I know that you don’t really talk her or anything really, but she is my friend. I felt so bad when she told me that she thought of me as a best friend and that she thought I didn’t feel the same way. I felt horrible.”

            “What about it?”

            “Ughhhhhh,” you slapped Chunji in the head for being so dense. “How would you feel if you thought of me as a best friend, but felt like I didn’t think of you the same way?” you yelled at him to prove your point.

            “Ohhhh~ gotcha.” He realized, taking a spoonful of his ice cream.

            You thought carefully, “…Should I tell her?”

            Chunji looked at you with wide eyes O_O

            “I wouldn’t have to hide anything from her after that.”

            Chunji pouted, “But it’s supposed to be our special secret!”

            You smacked him again, “Shut up and quit being a baby.” You lifted your hand to your ice cream.

            Chunji used his hand and pushed yours as you brought the ice cream to your mouth, making the cold desert smack into your face. In surprised, you moved your face out from your body so it wouldn’t drip on your clothes and dropped your cone, looking down at the ground before you brought your face back up to look at him, stunned that he did such a thing. Chunji, by then, was a good distance away from you since he didn’t want to feel your wrath.

            “That’s what you get for hitting me –twice.” He added with a playful grin.

            “You’re such an -hole!” you yelled, running after him.


I'm such a horrible author for not updating when I should T_T I sometimes like updating when I have a certain amount of subscribers. I was waiting until I reached 700, but I just had to update because when I logged on a few days ago, one of my subbies, RingMaBell, personally posted on my wall asking me to update. 
 I feel bad for never updating. This time I just made the chapter really long for you guys :) 
-ninety degree bow in deep apology- 

Anyways, 
Comment. Subscribe. Enjoy.