Chapter 13

Hey Playboy, Remember Me?

 

             -One Text Message-

            ~Hey bestie! You awake? I’m coming over! ~

           Your phone beeped once more.

           ~Actually, I’m almost there now! ~ Chunji

            You ran out of your room into the kitchen to find Woohyun still eating breakfast, “Yah!” you yelled, startling him, “What are you still doing here?”

            “I’m-”

            Without letting him finish, you grabbed his elbow and raced to the door, shoving his shoes into his chest, indicating for him to put them on.

            “I didn’t even finish eating breakfast yet,” he pouted.

            “You’re too fat anyways,” You went to check the peephole on the door. “Crap,” you noticed the familiar red hair making its way to your apartment. You grabbed Woohyun’s elbow once again and shoved him into the guest room, “Stay in here and don’t make a noise.”

            He nodded his head.

            “Veronica! You’re lovely best friend is here!”

            “Who was that?” Woohyun poked his head through the door, but you shoved his face back in and put your finger to your lips, silencing him. Closing the door, you ran to the front door and open it for Chunji.

            “What took you so long,” he smiled brightly.

            You picked up a lie, “I- I was changing.”

            “Oh….Wait,” he sniffed the air, “Is…Is that breakfast I smell? You never eat breakfast.”

            “I didn’t eat anything yesterday so I woke up hungry this morning.” You rubbed your tummy cutely.

            He ruffled your hair and walked into the kitchen to grab a bite of the unfinished breakfast on the table. “Say ‘ahh’,” he opened his mouth, bringing the fork to yours, telling you to eat it.

            You hesitated to eat it.

            “How was the library yesterday?” he popped another piece of bacon into his mouth.  

            “I ran into some idiots that-”

            Suddenly from the guest room there was a loud noise.

            “What was that?” Chunji placed the fork back down onto the table.

            You started getting worried, “N-Nothing! Let’s just head to school!” You grabbed Chunji and tried shoving him out the door, but instead he headed towards the guest room since he kept hearing noises.

            Unable to stop him, Chunji opened the door.

            He turned and looked at you as you faced palmed yourself.

            “What is he doing here?”

---------

            “I’ll wait over there,” Woohyun left the scene as Chunji eyed him up and down.

            Chunji crossed his arms, “Why couldn’t you just tell me that he helped you out last night? You had me thinking other things.”

            “It seems like you guys don’t get along so I didn’t want to tell you.” You looked down at the ground and shuffled your feet.

            He laughed and patted your head, “You can tell me anything,” he smiled as you looked up at him, “Get to class before your late. Call me later. I wanna hang out this weekend, see ya.”

            You walked towards the entrance to school and saw Woohyun leaning against the wall waiting for you. The both of you walked into class late. Mr.Choi scolded you for some time before letting you return to your seats. When you went back to your seat, the rest of Infinite started mouthing things to Woohyun.

            “Did you get it in?!”

            “Damn, Woohyun!”

            Woohyun only gritted his teeth and stare at them with wide eyes, as he traced his hand side to side near his neck, telling them to cut it out.

            You were too busy taking notes to notice.

-----------

            “Bye, Woohyun.” You began to leave the classroom, but turned back around before leaving, “Thanks for last night.”

            Woohyun smiled and waved back at you.

            “Mind telling us what happened?” Hoya, Myungsoo, Sungjong, and Sungyeol waited for the Playboy’s explanation.

            “I just helped her out last night,” Woohyun sighed, “Nothing….Nothing really happened.”

            “Why did you both show up late to class?” Sungjong cocked his head to the side.

            “I fell asleep at her place, but nothing happened. This morning-”

            “So nothing happened, right?” a voice interrupted.

            Woohyun, Hoya, Myungsoo, Sungjong, and Sungyeol turned their heads towards the door to find Sunggyu leaning his shoulder against the door frame as Dongwoo came into the room.

            Sunggyu scoffed in a playful manner, “It’s really taking you a long time this time, Woohyun. What’s the hold up?”

            “She’s different from other-”

            “So in other words you’re saying that you can’t win this bet right?” the leader mocked.

            “I can still win this bet.” Woohyun became defensive. He never lost a bet against the other members, not even once.

            Sunggyu smirked, “Three months, Woohyun. You now have three months to bang her. Forget about the money now. If you fail to do so, you lose your title as Infinite’s Playboy. If you lose, you have to run the school’s track in heels.”

            “Then what is in it for me?”

            “If you actually win this bet -which I doubt- I, as Infinite’s Leader, will get on my hands and knees for you.”

            Woohyun stuck out with hand, “Deal.”