Chapter 1

Hey Playboy, Remember Me?

 

            Moans filled the room.

 

            The sound of the bed’s headboard slamming against the wall.

 

            His sweet seductive words.

 

            The day you lost your ity.

 

            You shook the thought out of your head as your grip tightened onto the handle of the suitcase. It’s been a year since you’ve been in Korea and all you could think about was him. The way he seduced you with his sweet words, nothing but lies; telling you that he actually loved you. Pathetic.

            His words echoed through your mind once more.

            How could you possibly think that I would love you?

            Tears welled up in your eyes.

            ‘No. Don’t cry, Cho Hee. You’re back for a reason.’ You reminded yourself as anger filled you.

            You took hard, fast steps towards the exit of the airport.  Anger has taken the best of you once more. Every time you thought about him, you felt your blood boil. You hated him. You despised him.

            Now sitting in the back of a cab, you gave the driver the address to your parents’ house. How were they going to react after they see you? Their once innocent little nerd wasn't a nerd any longer;  you changed a lot.

            You used to wear thick- framed glasses.  Your hair used to be black and traveled down to your shoulders, but you always tied it into a ponytail. Your figure wasn’t all that nice either.  You never wore make up and you didn’t dress well, but now it’s all changed.

            The glasses are now gone and replaced with contacts. Your hair is now long, brown, and wavy, stopping mid-way down your back. You had a figure that girls would kill for; long legs with a matching torso and an s-line to top it all off. Girls wanted to be you and boys would love to be yours. One look at you and people would think you were sent from the heavens above.

            You paid the cab driver and headed out to the back of the trunk to grab your items once you reached your destination. Walking up the driveway, inhaling a deep breath, you made your way to the doorstep. You froze. Your knuckles were just a mere inch away from the door before knocking. Taking in a deep breath, gathering your courage, you knocked on the door. From behind the door, you could hear your mom yelling at your dad to open it.

            “Hi…” you trailed off as your father looked at you.

            “Um, hi. Is there someone you’re looking for?” he asked. He didn’t even recognize you.

            “Yeobo, who is it?” your mom came by his side and looked at the stranger that was their daughter. If your parents couldn’t even recognize you, no one at school would. Perfect.

            “Umma, it’s me. Cho Hee.”

            Her eyes widened and dropped. Your dad was also speechless. Their eyes scanned you once more.

            “Cho Hee… Is that really you?” your mom couldn’t believe it. Her nerdy daughter has bloomed and who knew that you’d turn out to be so pretty.

            “Come in,” your dad grabbed your bags and your mom pulled you in.  

            The three of you sat on the couch and decided to catch up on things.

            “It’s been a year already?” your mom asked. She was still shocked about your transformation.

            “Aigoo, my daughter is so pretty now,” your father patted your head as you smiled in return. You truly missed them.

-----------

            After seeing your parents, they dropped you off at your apartment. While in the states you asked them if they could move your things out of the house and into the apartment. With an hour of discussing, you finally persuaded them to let you move out. They weren’t happy with it, but they always respected your decisions. They weren’t even happy that you decided to go to the states for a year.

            Carrying your luggage out of the car, you placed it down onto the curb and looked at your parents once more.

            “I guess I’ll get going now,” you kissed each of them goodbye.

            “If anything happens, call us.” your mom shook you softly with both her hands on your arms.

            Making your way to your apartment, you dragged your luggage into the door. The apartment was actually pretty spacey, just the way you liked it. Dragging your luggage, you walked into your new room. There was a long drawer against the wall with a mirror. You had a small walk-in closet. This apartment was just perfect.

            Opening your suitcases, you started emptying them out. Placing your make up on the long drawer, you thought about going to the club. Why not, right?

            Wearing a non-strapped tight black mini dress that complimented your long legs and hugged your curves at all the right places, you went to the mirror and applied smoky- eye makeup. With the finishing touches of a lip gloss, smacking your lips together, you went to grab a pair of laced stilettos. Satisfied with your look, you grabbed your black clutch bag and headed out the door.

----------

            You made your way to the club, skipping the long line of people. With your looks, who wouldn’t let you in? Hearing girls talk and guys whistle, you made your way to the bouncer. He let you in and winked at you without any hesitation. You took one last glance back at the girls who were talking about you and gave them a smirk before walking in.

            The club was filled with booming music and people. As soon as you walked in, you caught the eyes of many men who were staring hungrily at you. Walking tall and proud, you made your way to the bar and sat in one of the shiny black bar stools.

            “What can I get cha?” the bartender did a double take on you, stunned by your beauty, your iness.

            “Bay Breeze.” 

            He came back with your drink, “First one’s on the house,” he winked and left to attend the other clubbers.

            You twirled around in your seat, legs crossed, sipping on your drink, glancing around, looking at the other partiers.  

            And that’s when you spotted him,

 Nam Woohyun