Chapter 31

Hey Playboy, Remember Me?

 

            “And for you,” Woohyun smiled, sitting next to you and handing you a chicken skewer.

            You gave him your thanks and took a bite.

            Today was a hang out day with Infinite. Honestly, you’ve gotten close to everyone of them. It tore your heart knowing that these were the bastards that made the bet and cause the dent in your heart. They were actually pretty nice guys- well when you’re not a dorky nerd with the appeal of a laughing horse, then yeah.

            Typical Kingkas, you might say.

            “Veronica,” Dongwoo took a bite of his chicken, “What made you come back to Korea?”

            All eyes turned to you as they listened and ate intently.

            ‘If only you knew, Dongwoo, if only. Would you still be so nice to me?’ you thought, sadly.

            Lying through your teeth, you smiled, “I missed my parents and I’ve never been to Korea.”

            “You know so much about us and we barely know anything about you,” Sungjong playfully poked.

            ‘It’s better that way, kid.’

-

            “Hello?” Woohyun answered his phone, stepping away from the group as they played at Gwanghwamun Square, the water shooting up from the ground.

            “Oppa,” Seungyeon whined, “What are you doing? I’m bored.”

            “It’s not a good time right now. I’m with Veronica and the boys,” he rejected.

            Seungyeon fumed with anger, “Yah, what happened to us? Why are you picking that over me all the time?”

            “What us? We were nothing,” he said honestly, “You know that you and I were just there just to be there.”

            “Then what about-”

            “What about what?” he cut her off, “We were only together because it made us look good. We weren’t even together, together. We all know that you slept around with all of the Infinite members. There was nothing between us, Seungyeon. We were just acquaintances… in a weird way,” he said truthfully. “Basically, I was your boy toy and you were my …girl toy?” he mumbled awkwardly and with slight hesitation.

            Seungyeon stayed silent.

            Woohyun looked over to the group, watching Veronica laugh and splash water happily. Ba- Dump.

            He sighed, “I’m sorry, Seungyeon.” Ehhh….Not really. He was just saying it for the sake of it. “It’s done. Both you and I know we were just each other’s popularity boost.”

            Hanging up, Woohyun looked at Veronica and the boys, smiling.

            “Hey guys! Don’t have too much fun without me!” he yelled, running over to them and splashing water at Sunggyu.

----------

            “Veronica this, Veronica that,” Seungyeon mumbled angrily to herself. Her precious Nam Woohyun has rejected her once again to hang out with you. Angrily, she slammed the bottom of her fists onto her long drawer. Still unsatisfied with her anger, she slid her hands across the top of the drawer, throwing everything off as she breathed heavily.

            She looked into the mirror.

            Broken.

             Not the mirror, her.

            “Popularity boost?!”

            Even if everything Woohyun said was true, she was in denial. She hated how right he was and how you stole her special spot. Without Infinite, she was nothing- or so she thought, but with you in the picture now, she was bound to lose her title as Queenka.

            You were everything she wasn’t: smart, kind, and breathtakingly gorgeous. Honestly, she thought she was pretty, too, but you were able to get the student body’s respect because you were nicer to them. They appreciated you while they feared Seungyeon. With you around, they didn’t fear Seungyeon as much, thinking that you would defend them like you did for Mina. With you around, she wasn’t as popular as she used to be.

            She stared into the mirror at her own reflection, “I’m going to destroy you. No matter what it takes, I’ll destroy you, Kwon Veronica. Even if it’s the last thing I do.”

----------

             You and Woohyun were walking around the Han River, looking for the rest of the boys. The eight of you ended up splitting after getting chased by a local security. Sungyeol thought it would be funny to piss him off- Stupid Choding.

            You shivered, the night wind brushing past your arms causing goose bumps to appear on your skin. It wasn’t helping that your clothes was still wet from Gwanghwamun Square.

            “You cold?”

            You shook your head.

            “Don’t lie.” Woohyun said, taking off his jacket and putting it on you, “I’ve been with a number of girls to know that those are goose bumps.”

            Oops, stupid Nam .

            You looked at him awkwardly. The atmosphere grew awkward at the mention of his player ways.

            He gulped, “I didn’t mean it like I-”

            “-I don’t really care.” You shrugged and continued on to look with for the boys.

            ‘Aish, you stupid.’ Woohyun groaned mentally.

-

            After twenty minutes of nonstop searching, your feet became sore and you sat down by the nearest bench as Woohyun followed behind.

            Woohyun’s phone rang shortly after.

            You looked at him with a =__=’ expression, “You had your phone the whole time?! We could of just called them!” you face-palmed yourself.

            “I forgot.” He smiled sheepishly before answering and telling them to meet you guys at the river by the bench.

            While waiting for the rest of Infinite to show up, the both you sat and admired the night sky and river, the sound of the wind and soft chirping of crickets filled the air.

            Woohyun turned his gaze to you, in awe of your features. The moonlight shone perfectly on you to emphasize everything. Your damp hair clung to the side of your face. Reaching over, Woohyun gently removed your damp hair causing you to look at him.

            You caught his eye as he stared into your soft, brown orbs. His eyes trailed from your orbs, to the bridge of your nose, then the tip.

            His eyes trailed a little lower.

            In the heat of the moment, Woohyun leaned over and pressed his lips against yours. 


Please subscribe to my short-fic. It's probably gonna be 3 or 4 chapters.
And yes, it's .
Doing It Wrong 

Stay tuned to figure out what happens with Veronica and Woohyun! 
Comment. Subscribe. Enjoy.