Chapter 3 - Misunderstandings of Plan B

Winter Dancing

Jeonghan was walking home late today.  It's currently seven o'clock at night.  The sun was already down, the stars are hidden by thin clouds, and the moon shined in the cracks of the clouds.  He yawned as it was getting near to his bed time.

  He walked past a house.  He knows this house.  This house belongs to his rival, you know who: Minsa.  He looked up at the window that Minsa was listening in from.  He saw that the light was on, and a shadow went around.  He guesses she's dancing.  He doesn't see a car in the driveway, giving him the thought that Minsa's mom isn't home yet.

"Minsa!"  Jeonghan yelled just enough for Minsa to hear.

  Minsa looked out of her window.  She looks down at the pink-haired boy.  She looked annoyed, looking at her neighbors' houses.  She signaled him to be quiet.  She went downstairs and opened the front door. 

"What?"  She asked, folding her arms.

"May I come in?"  He asked in a half-tired tone.


  She sighed and moved a side.  Jeonghan walked in and looked around.  Minsa just walked upstairs.  Jeonghan followed, looking at the family portraits on the way.  Minsa turned off the low music, and sat on her bed.  She showed the chair in front of her dresser (Diagonal to her bed).  He sat down.

"So?"

"Minsa, about Woozi."

"What about him?"

  Jeonghan bit his lip and looked down at the floor.  "You see... I think he has a crush on you."  Jeonghan stated, now looking into her eyes.

"I don't."

"Humor him, please?"  Jeonghan suggested.

"Why?"

Jeonghan crossed his legs like a woman, and put his hands in his lap.  "He's my best friend.  I want him to have at least one chance to have love in his high school days."

"And, me faking is going to do any good?"

  Jeonghan sighed and nodded, admitting defeat.  He looked to the side and saw the carpet Woozi was going on about.  She stood up and went to her phone. 

"Jeonghan, show me your dancing."  She spoke after the long silence.

  Minsa put on a song, and Jeonghan started to do the choreography that he made for the song.  She admired how his body moved freely to the up-beat music.  His long legs went around and around like they were pinwheels.  When the song was over, Minsa clapped the tiniest bit.

"Now I see how we're rivals."  Minsa spoke, turning off the music.

"Minsa,"  Jeonghan held her wrist, "why do we rival each other."

"What do you mean?"

  Jeonghan smiled and moved the little bit of hair that was in his eyes.  He eased his eye lids and bent down to talk to her.  "We could do a collaboration."  Jeonghan gave a smirk.  Caught in his words, Minsa just stood there, looking into the angel's delicate eyes that are starting to get bags under them.  Jeonghan unnoticeably (to Minsa) got closer. 

  Jeonghan's lips capture Minsa's.  Minsa wasn't thinking too straight as the time is getting to her head as well.  She closed her eyes as she brings him closer with her arm that just went around his neck.  Jeonghan held her up, because of their noticeable height difference.  The kiss didn't feel like an accident after a few more minutes.

  The kiss ended when Minsa heard her mom's car lock.  Jeonghan looked down at Minsa to see her blushing.  The redness instantly shined bright as Rudolph's nose at night.

"I-I'm sorry about that..." Jeonghan spoke, rubbing the spot on his neck that was touched by Minsa.

  Minsa looked out of her window, noticing her mother coming inside the house.

"Jeonghan, jump."  Minsa said, pointing out of the window.

"J-Jump?!?"

  Jeonghan looked out and saw a trampoline. He nodded.  "Text me about the collaboration."  Jeonghan said before he gently fell onto the trampoline.

  Minsa nodded and closed her window.  She sat on her bed and felt her lips.  "D-did I like that?  It didn't feel like Woozi's kiss..."  She spoke, not noticing that her mom was calling her.



  Jeonghan got back home.  His heart was racing.  He just ran from Minsa's house to his own.  He slid down the door and put his hands between his legs that were arched up.  He put his head back and looked at the bright light that was above him.  He knows what that means..

"Hyung, you look like you just ran a marathon.  What's up?"  Woozi said, sitting next to him in a similar manner.

"Woozi, what is with your out-winded appearance?"  Jeonghan spoke in a smirk.

"Well,"  Woozi smirked along with him, "let's just say: Sajin's in. (Woozi ran from Sajin's house to Jeonghan's)" 

  Jeonghan laughed and lightly smacked his bestie's shoulder.  "Good job.  I got my part in too."

"Hyung,"  Woozi spoke, gathering his air, "about Minsa..."

  Jeonghan looked down at his friend with a smile.  "Don't worry, everything's set.  She thinks both of us like her." 

  Woozi put on a convincing smile and nodded.  He wiped his nose from the sweat that trickled down his forehead.  He put his head on his friend's shoulder, and popped a piece of gum, offering a piece to the taller.  Jeonghan takes the gum and chews it. 



  It was the next day,  Jeonghan and Minsa decided not to do any dance practice, coincidentally.  In opposite doors, Minsa and Jeonghan walked in.  Jeonghan looked right, Minsa looked left.  Their eyes met for a few seconds before they took their seats (Minsa's in front of Jeonghan's).  Jeonghan looked at his phone.  He noticed the time.  He's got five minutes until all of the early birds reach the classroom.  He poked her shoulder and looked down at his desk.  When she turned around, he put his head up and looked at her with a smile.

"Jeonghan, do you need something?"  She asked in a half-asleep tone.

  He stood up, and walked to her side.  He picked her up and sat her on her desk, making them even heights.  He put their foreheads together.  Jeonghan's smile left when he noticed that his heart was getting faster.  He slowly put his lips on hers, with his eyelids at ease.  Their lips move slowly together as Minsa too closed her eyes. 

"Wah!  Hyung!  What are you doing?!?"  They heard Woozi's voice enter the classroom.

  Jeonghan looked at Woozi with widened eyes.  Yes, this was supposed to be a set up, but Jeonghan forgot all about it.

"L-listen, there-"  Jeonghan was trying to explain when he got punched in the stomach.  

  The punch made him fall back onto other students' desks.