CHAPTER 5 - EXO

King's lethal diamonds

[ CHANYEOL'S FLASHBACK ]


when luhan disappeared, chanyeol was shattered; though no one would have known because of them being more focused on his hyung, xuimin. they paid more attention to xiumin then they ever did to chanyeol. it was then that chanyeol figured out a way to close himself away from everyone, he never meant for fire to break out, he never meant for them to get caught, nor did he never meant to get luhan missing, or so what they would call it for xuimin's sake, he never meant anything. it wasn't his fault in the first place but no one believed him, obviously because of the fire. but what they don't know was that it wasn't his fire, it was him. the one who took luhan away, in exchange for something else. 

everyone was shattered to a greater degree, those who were close luhan were badly affected by his disappearance. it was like no one bothered to find out or ask how chanyeol was holding up or if he's doing fine. no one

"we'll find them, Xiu" 

"who exactly "

" luhan and the bastards who took him" 

 suho sat beside chanyeol who had his head down, not speaking a word. on his left lay and baekhyun occupied the couch in the middle while D.O was on the floor leaning back, across from him was sehun, who gave everyone no emotion on his face and hasn't said a word since they were told about luhan's disappearance. 

suho looked the least upset of the six of them, and its only a matter of time till the whole exo m group finds out about luhan's missing presence. they were in xuimin's and luhan's room, chanyeol sat away from the bed where luhan had slept there before he went missing. 

" and what if we don't find him - them?" 

"we will, we will find him for xuimin's sake" chanyeol wants to roll his eyes, what about his sake? 

" is there any leads so far " chanyeol hears baekhyun ask Lay 

lay shook his head, he sat up slowly and wiped any visible tears, " no, so far nothing" he looks towards suho, " can't you use your connections to find him?" 

"  i can try, "

" then what the hell are you waiting for " baekhyun exclaims, 

suho sighs, " it's not that easy, baek. my connections are either in hiding or in sm prison. " 

" what about your connections from pledis ?" 

" you mean sehun's connection?"  baekhyun furrows his eyebrow together, suho and baekhyun look at sehun.

"I thought they were your connect? " suho shook his head, 

" we should - "

before suho was able to finish his sentence, chanyeol stood up abruptly, garnering the attention of the guys present in the room, no longer wanting to stay in the same room as them, heads towards the door as sehun follows his lead. 

but before his arm was able to reach for the handle, the handle freezes, letting chanyeol retreat his arm back. both sehun and he looks back toward the person who froze the doorknob. 

" SIT DOWN, "  xuimin said it in the tone chanyeol really despised, his commanding tone. both sehun and he doesn't move from the spot they're standing. if chanyeol wasn't scared of xiumin, then neither was sehun, not at the moment at least, not when he feels nothing but numbness. 

" CHANYEOL " it was a warning towards chanyeol, who knew that tone. but despite that tone xiumin was using on him chanyeo gives him one last glare and unfreezes the knob with the touch of his palms as he opens him and walks out, leaving the guys alone with xuimin. 

" you know how much he hates it when you use that tone him, " xuimin lands his eyes towards sehun, who was about to exit but stop midway. he turns back towards xuimin with cold eyes that shock suho and xuimin, making suho stand, slowly

" you treat him as if it was his fault luhan's missing, yet you don't even hear his side of the story" and with that being said, sehun walks out leaving the bunch of guys standing and seating while shockness overcomes their reaction. 

" you can all rot for all I care " was the last thing sehun said before slamming the door behind him.
 


" why do you put up with him if you're so tired of his shxt he throws at you ?" sehun ask chanyeol once he walked in their room inside their dorms. they shared with the other guys who are currently still in xuimin's room recovering from their shockness. 

chanyeol lets a heartless laugh " he's my brother " sitting down on his bed and leaning onto the wall behind him. 

" that doesn't mean a thing, suho is my brother but he knows when not to push anything against me, " 

" he may be a little bit of a jack but - " 

" a little? " sehun cuts chanyeol's sentence off, " you call those mistreatments a little, are you serious ?" 

chanyeol doesn't speak, knowing sehun is right. after the disappearance of luhan, xuimin has been treating him harsher than before. he began to grow distant, grew colder, giving chanyeol the cold glare as if he was the enemy, all just because of one thing he couldn't do, 

save his brother's love one

" even if I do something about it, nothing will change" he mutters, "nothing matters to him right now other then getting luhan hyung back, not even me

sehun doesn't know what hurts the most, the fact that luhan is gone or the fact that right in front of him he's seeing chanyeol, the guys who always so goofy and made fun of everything, the person who lifts up the mood when everyone is down, break down right in front of him. 

now he's thinking back to all those harsh situations they all have been through, finally realizing that xuimin has never ever helped, never ask, never once look back at chanyeol to see if he was okay, even in dire situations when the latter needed him the most. 

he feels anger rising up inside him, how dare he. All he wants to do his return to the previous room they were just in and beat the crap out of the elder, but apart of him tells him to stay and comfort the tall latter, he needs it, they both need it and so he does, thankful that he's the third tallest of the group coming after chanyeol, he gathers chanyeol into his arms and hug him as if he might disappear, 

sehun shhh at him softly, "it's okay, hyung. I'm here, always

[ END OF FLASHBACK ] 
 


if there was something D.O wanted to do is escape from the room the moment he stepped inside. he forgets how awkward it would be if they were all in a room together, it wasn't long since they receive the emergency call from lay saying chanyeol, Kai, and baekhyun were left injured in the previous mission in comprehending their targets. 

sure, D.O loves his group but sometimes, they can be a little bit too much. so as he steps into the room, he sees chanyeol in his hospital bed, still unconscious. baekhyun and Kai were in the wheelchair, by his side, the rest were scattered in the room, he can see sehun turning back into his cold demeanor once he sees him and xuimin entering the room. 

he knows nothing good will come out of this eventually. walking towards lay who previously laid on the couch, he sat down next to him, offering him a smile. 

"how is he ?" he asks to lay, 

lay doesn't speak at first, his attention lingering on chanyeol as if he might disappear from his sight.  

" he almost went into rehab,"  D.O was not sure if he heard him correctly, but apparently, everyone in the room heard him, so it confirmed what lay just said, 

"on our way here, he just kept twitching, like his life force was being out of him. his hands were bursting out flames so often we had to keep suho next to him."  he pauses  "Leeteuk hyung had to call his group to help subdue him since we didn't know what happened." 

"his heart stopped beating for a bit there though"

 D.O looks over to suho, he was leaning against the wall looking straight at chanyeol. he must've stayed with chanyeol the entire time, since the revelation surprises everyone in the room, including xuimin who had looked away from chanyeol to suho. 

"when we were pushed into the emergency room, teuk hyung told me to stay by him just in case, it wasn't even a minute yet when they connect the healers next to him when one of them fell" 

D.O was surprised at the sudden news, he has never heard of a healer getting knocked off by his feet during an operation, but what surprise the most was that chanyeol needed about 3 healers in the room with him, 

sehun stood up and turned to him, "and your just telling us this now?" 

"everyone is here, so yes, now would've been the best time to tell you everything at once" suho gave sehun a knowing look, 

"one of the healers fell unconscious once chanyeol entered the room, the healer next to him said his heart stopped beating, of course i panicked" sehun snickers, no surprise that suho would panic

" teuk had everyone in place, it took a while, almost drained ryewook's energy to finally get his heart beat again," 

no one spoke a words after suho finish talking, letting everything sink in. probably not getting over the fact that they almost lost another one of theirs. it hasn't been long until the door opens revealing the newcomers coming in, 

"HYUNGS! " D.O automatically stood up upon seeing the faces of the ones entering the room,

"TAO! KRIS !?" 

maybe D.O was imaging things, yup he was seeing things, nope nevermind, he see's suho hugging tao, who ran straight to him once he entered the room, Kris, on the other hand, gave everyone the usual smirk but drop once his eyes lingered on chanyeol. 

" this wouldn't have happened if you kept your promise in the first place and left them alone" 

his tone was harsh and cold, he looks towards xuimin who had his back towards him, it was sometimes rare to see Kris angry, but if he was then it was because the situation they were in was over the boundaries, so of course he would get angry, 

" it was an order kris, what did you want me to do?" 

" DENY IT, what's so hard about that?" 

"if I did then, the kids would've been the ones hurt, they would've been the ones here instead of us"  

"as if they can't take care of themselves," D.O can see xuimin getting angry 

"of course they can't, they're still kids, kris, they can't," xuimin told Kris, emphasizing the last words, 

"so you're saying chanyeol can take care of himself then ?"  

" ... " 

by the mention of chanyeol, xuimin doesn't say anything, " you take good care of other people, other kids for what? what purpose when you can't even take care of your own brother, who by the way was sent of a death mission by his very own brother " 

"I did not send him on a death mission" 

"then the hell did you send him for ?" 

"Kris st - " 

"you sent him for what exactly, ?" sehun cuts suho off, asking the same question as kris, apparently angry at the elder in the room, 

" that is none of your business" xuimin told sehun, 

"its everyone's business when one of ours in injured and on the verge of death here, all because of their stupid brother who can't seem to follow a simple agreement made by the devil himself," Kris told him, 

"you want to - 

"ENOUGH"  lay yells, shutting everyone up, " if you two are going to go at it" refferring to kris and xuimin, " then take it outside. as for the rest of you, leave with them if your all just going to argue, " 

of course, everyone leaves except lay, even kai and baekhyun wheeled themselves out, not wanting to miss the moment of the two coldest people in the group about to go at it. 
 
getting off the couch he sat on, making his way towards the bed slowly, he sits at the edge of thr bed, watching chanyeol. the latter was still unconscious and it makes lay nervous if he would ever wake up or not, 

bring his hand towards the latter's cheek, he caress it down and bringing it back up from the top of his head. the latter had a bandage wraps around his head, lay doesn't know why but he reminds himself to ask suho or leeteuk about it, but for now, he wishes to stay by the latters side hoping he would wake up, 

"please yeolie ah, you have to wake up"