The Dream

Lion and Hound(or puppy?)

Chapter 4


The Dream

 


“Hyejin-ah.”

 

“Hmm?” She answered. Her fingers continuing to idly press on the tv remote, looking for something decent to watch.

 

“How do you feel?” Wheein said. She clutched the pillow tightly against her chest, almost smothering her face in it. 

 

“Okay, I think,” she turned to look up at Wheein sitting on the sofa. “Why do you ask?”

 

“I don’t know,” she muttered.

 

“Are you having second thoughts?” Hyejin’s whole body has now turned around. She was no longer sitting on the floor, instead leaning into the sofa, towards Wheein.

 

“No,” Wheein shook her head, “I’m just… It feels surreal.”

 

Hyejin kept looking at her, something she learned to do when she sensed Wheein had something more to say.

 

Wheein smiled, “we left everything behind, in Jeonju. We barely made it here, barely survived, but now here we are,” she gestured at the living space of their dorm.

 

“Here we are, indeed,” Hyejin nodded. “We sure risked a lot.”

 

“Basically everything,” she chuckled.

 

“Yes. And I knew I wouldn’t have been able to do it alone.”

 

“I wouldn’t have been able to do it alone either,” Wheein nodded.

 

Wheein’s expression became serious, and she made sure Hyejin was paying attention when she next spoke, “Hyejin-ah, if you’d had gotten cut, within a split second I would’ve quit this company too.”

 

“What. Wheein-ah don’t say that,” Hyejin looked at her incredulously, “don’t you dare throw away your dreams for something like that.”

 

“I’m serious,” Wheein cut her off, “we could just find another company, become indie singers, we’ll figure something out. But I know for certain, I won’t be able to do it if you’re not with me on this journey.”

 

“You’re crazy, Wheein-sshi,” Hyejin chuckled in defeat and turned back around to rest her back against the sofa, right in front of where Wheein sat, with both her legs crossed together.

 

The TV provided them some form of white noise while they sat together in their own silence. Wheein’s idle hand played with Hyejin’s hair from the back. Casually, she rain her hand through the dark tufts of hair.

 

“I like your hair a lot.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“It’s a clean cut. Short and neat,” Wheein didn’t really mind that she’s talking to herself when in Hyejin’s presence. “Short hair really suits you.”

 

“I’ve had short hair for years, why so suddenly?”

 

“Nothing, just, observing.”

 

Silence.

 

“You know, I actually, would do the same thing,” Hyejin said quietly. 

 

Wheein continued to play with Hyejin’s hair.

 

“Lion,” she giggled to herself.

 

“What?”

 

“Your hair. Now you look like a lion.” Wheein laughed, taking a picture and showing Hyejin what she looks like with her phone.

 

“Yaaah, you messed up my hair,” she whined, fixing the back of her hair and brushing them down. “Did you even hear what I said?” She muttered and sulked.

 

Wheein smiled, “you didn’t have to say it. I know you too well,” she chuckled. Wheein leaned in and gave Hyejin a soft kiss on her cheek. “But thanks for the reassurance.”

 

Hyejin’s eyes widened and she turned around to stare back at her friend. Wheein just grinned, looking down with a soft blush adoring her cheeks.

 

“You’re welcome,” she replied with a shy smile of her own.

 

 


The front door slammed open,

 

“WE’RE BACK, KIDS. FOOD’S HERE.”

 

“YOU GUYS BETTER NOT BE SMOOCHING WHILE WE WERE GONE.”

 

Wheein sighed, and got off the sofa, “I’ll prepare the table.”

 

“And I’ll heat up the rice.”
 

 

 

 

 

Hello friends, I am back. AFTER A YEAR. I am alive, yes.
In this chapter, there wasn't much narrative. It's just something I imagine their conversations would go when they talk about that time Wheein declared she would leave if Hyejin leaves. MoonSun were backbiting Hyejin in front of Wheein as a birthday prank.
With that, I'll leave you to your daily routines. Happy new year everyone <3
-IiMeltingSnow