The Lioness

Lion and Hound(or puppy?)

When Wheein first met Hyejin, homeroom had just ended. It was the first class of the year, and every student had to go up front to introduce themselves. Jung Wheein was the last to speak up when the bell rung, so she said her introductions and removed herself from the front of the class. Her straight, dark hair cascaded down her shoulders gently as her fingers brushed them back. She walked over to her seat in the middle of the class and sat down, clearly bored and not at all concerned about what her classmates were doing at the moment. That was when she saw the short haired woman, walking over to her desk with precise movement and fierce confidence. Despite being the one sitting, Wheein kept her chin up and ensured firm eye contact while the woman approached her.

“Hey. I like you. Would you be my friend?” It was an interesting sight to behold. Wheein could’ve sworn that the girl just now was seconds away from punching her lights out. But now? She looked almost timid, bashful and even humble could be considered a more accurate description; as if she acknowledged Wheein's existence with respect. Her expression stayed aloof, but she was fascinated nonetheless.

“Sure. What’s your name?”

“Ahn Hyejin. You?”

“Jung Wheein.” She was just asking for the sake of formalities, Wheein knew. There's no way Hyejin would’ve forgotten her introduction just seconds ago 

“You intrigue me, Wheein-sshi.”

Wheein swallowed, mouth gone dry, “I'm not that interesting.”

“Funny,” a flicker of smile touched Hyejin’s lips, and a gaze that never wavered caught Wheein’s attention. “Uninteresting people generally don't have to say that.”

She had to get out-- right now. A step closer and bending down lower, and she was mesmerized.

“What are you trying so hard to hide?” Hyejin murmured softly.

“I’m not hiding anythi--” Wheein was about to reciprocate only to be interrupted by the next teacher who came in. The girl smiled fondly and walked back to her own seat. Although Wheein was slightly weirded out by Hyejin’s sudden attack, she didn’t take it personally. In a way, she also thought Hyejin was an interesting, confident person, although she did give off a weird vibe. She assumed that it wouldn’t hurt to have a person with that kind of aura to be around her. She might end up hating her guts, or she might end up having her as a strong side kick and take over the school, she thought, chuckling lowly to herself.

 

Because Hyejin is the cutest ever.
And I drew the fanart. I drew them a while back, thinking about WheeSa. And how cute they are.

Finals are next week. When something important is close, I tend to be rebellious with myself and write more because I don't want to study. Let's see if that works out this time as well.

-- IiMeltingSnow