The Beginning

Lion and Hound(or puppy?)

Everything had stayed the same since that evening, but at the same time, everything changed. Wheein and Hwasa, they had their group of girl friends. The  girls were grouped together naturally because they were rather isolated by their peers. Apparently being themselves wasn’t really something that was appreciated in their society, they have learnt. Women are often pressured to act cute and vulnerable around boys, to use their cuteness to charm their hearts. And they got into that for a while, until deciding it wasn’t really worth destroying your identity for. Besides, it’s not as if they weren’t cute. They had their own moments of natural adorableness. Soon enough, the peers saw them as a strange bunch of girls, enough for them to be the black sheep of their batch, and labelled as slightly more to the aggressive side of the spectrum, when really, they were just being their usual selves.

Hyejin never really found out the solution to Wheein’s problems, and it frustrated her to no end. They also never got to talk about Wheein’s brother after that evening. Her blue and purple skin was showing; but you can see Wheein being really careful about it. Hyejin understood, and she knew Wheein is the kind of person who wouldn’t really let herself depend on others unnecessarily(by her definition), not the girls, not even Hyejin. It was nothing malicious. It was just her way of caring, her own self-heroism, putting others before herself. And so Hyejin decided to give her space.

 

But of course the other girls would notice them change.

 

One day, during their lunch break, everyone was gathered together at their lunch tables, eating their respective food. Hyejin and Wheein of course sat next to each other. It wasn’t a strange sight to behold. But what was strange is that Hyejin started sharing her food with Wheein. It began with a subtle “Yah, this is seriously the bomb. Wanna try?” to “Here eat this,” and escalated to just plain offering it in Wheein’s direction.

 

What was strange to them was that Hyejin’s usually outgoing playfulness became a little bit more careful and timid around Wheein. Likewise, when Wheein reciprocated Hyejin’s timid playfulness with something more daring, it was like a form of reassurance; that ‘yes she was up for some fun’, ‘yes she won’t break’, ‘yes she’ll play with you’. And soon enough Hyejin relaxed and they became equally, if not, even more comfortable around each other.

 

What was strange to them was that although they knew Hyejin and Wheein loved singing,(no seriously, they, like, have their own band and often performed on stage during school events,) they had never sung that well together. It was not about the singing, vocals, or even the harmonizing, but more to the subconscious back and forth that they have when they sing casually. When Wheein gives, Hyejin takes. When Hyejin takes, Wheein supports. And when Hyejin screwed up, Wheein couldn’t avoid screwing up too, before they managed to laugh it off and made parodies of themselves. After a few months, the girls noticed, although it initially began with Hyejin’s subtle efforts, Wheein started subconsciously resonating with her too. Even the way they spoke to each other changed. Hyejin surprisingly had a lot of aegyo when she speaks with Wheein. And the latter surprisingly grew accustomed to it, and not lash out like she usually did. It baffled the girls.

 

While they often go and hang out a lot, to rave parties, karaokes and movies, it was not weird for them to see just the two hanging out together.




 

Yo. Another update.
To be honest, I’d rather not have to spell and narrate their whole relationship out. Always show, don’t tell, am I right?
But I needed to get this thought out asap. And I don’t have time to properly plan their whole ordeal. My exams starts in two hours. So for this, I sincerely and humbly apologise. This was a crappy content. And I understand you’d be a little furious.
I just thought I needed to get this out first, purposefully establish WheeSa. Then I’ll probably compensate in the future with a proper fanfic with a different AU for them.
I’m taking this too seriously, but at the same time I’m taking this too lightly too lmao.

See ya around

-IiMeltingSnow