Chapter 3

Chaos, Mess, Imperfect

 

 

 

 

The friends decided to meet up at the park well actually it was Chorong's idea since she really need to know what in the hell happened.

 

 

 

 

 

The parents also having a meeting at the Park's house or perhaps just a random gathering well that's what the children hoping.

 

 

 

Being the eldest, Chorong look at each of them and probably the longest at Bomi. The second oldest girl nervously look up then quickly dragged her eyeballs to something else.

 

 

 

Youngtaek perks up like he's about to say something but the sight of angry Mamarong was just too scary to face.

 

 

 

 

 

"Son Youngtaek, speak up"

 

 

 

 

Naeun noticed Youngtaek and look at her brother who was already gulping and sweating like a pig.

 

His lips were pale and he stuttered. Chorong was intensely staring at him.

 

 

 

 

"W-well. It wasn't entirely my fault. He started it first"

 

 

 

 

Youngtaek manage to spill it out and of course by not making any direct or indirect eye contact with scary Mamarong.

 

 

 

 

Chorong slightly nodded, knowing Youngtaek won't lie (he just did) . Then she turn her attention to Bomi. The girl smile sheepishly, trying to lighten the older girl's mood.

 

 

 

 

"Yoon Bomi. Start talking"

 

 

 

 

She took a deep breathe before talking and everyone paid their attention to her. Eunji smile apologeticly at her 93' liner friend. Quietly, she mouthed some words to Bomi.

 

 

 

 

"I'll help you if Chorong went wild"

 

 

 

And Bomi mouthed back.

 

 

 

 

"Thank youuu. You are the best friend ever"

 

 

 

 

 

Eunji was about to reply but her head was hitted by a hand. She look beside and saw Naeun looking at her with her eyebrows furrowed and narrowed eyes.

 

 

 

 

"Don't help her. You know she's guilty and your actions will just keep couraging her to do more stupid things"

 

 

 

 

"Whaa- well what if I get into trouble with her?"

 

 

 

 

"Then don't talk with me"

 

 

 

 

Eunji seem to be taken aback. She was about to apologize but what for? So instead she countered back.

 

 

 

 

"Well I don't care. Talking to you feels like talking to a tree"

 

 

 

 

And with that, Naeun moved to the other side and watching Chorong giving lectures to the younger ones including old girl Bomi.

 

 

 

 

Bomi had told Chorong that she was just trying to help Youngtaek and never knew it would got worse. Although Chorong was flipping mad but seeing the girl tried saving Youngtaek (well that's what she thought) Chorong soften her gaze.

 

 

 

 

"I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding"

 

 

 

 

Chorong said and smile warmly at all of them and they all let out a relief sigh. 

 

 

 

 

"But why isn't the guy caught though. Why us? I mean them"

 

 

 

 

Eunji questioned. And of course, Naeun just had to answer her with an annoyed tone. Making a fuse right there.

 

 

 

 

"Are you blind or what? The guy ran away before the prefects can catch him"

 

 

 

 

Eunji was mentally telling her mind that she is nice, she is patient and she won't start a childish fight.

 

 

 

 

"Well that is very useful Son Naeun. Thank you"

 

 

 

 

Eunji smile at her and Naeun made an annoyed face. Eunji rolled her eyes at how rude the girl was. 

 

 

 

 

"Does this mean we're grounded?"

 

 

 

 

"What makes you say that Yein ah?"

 

 

 

 

"Oh it's definitely not because we got into a fight and our parents are mad"

 

 

 

 

"Shut up Hayoung. You have the right to remain silent"

 

 

 

 

"I thought we did got into a fight? I'm confused"

 

 

 

 

"Isn't it obvious Myungeun? You should learn how to live the world more"

 

 

 

 

"Don't teach her bulls Jaeseok"

 

 

 

 

"Oh my god too much noises"

 

 

 

 

"Then cover your ears"

 

 

 

 

"Hey! Don't touch me! Don't you see the bruises I got?"

 

 

 

 

"Yah stop hitting me!"

 

 

 

 

"Damn they're so childish"

 

 

 

 

 

"Aren't you aware that you are more childish?"

 

 

 

 

"Hey at least I'm not a dumb nerd like Son Naeun"

 

 

 

 

"Don't involve me. I'm innocent"

 

 

 

 

"Y'all got no jams. Be cool like Yoon Bomi please"

 

 

 

 

"You're not cool!"

 

 

 

 

They all shouted in unison. Chorong, who had been watching their childish arguement slowly shook her head. Being the eldest was more difficult than you thought.

 

 

 

 

Chorong's phone vibrated in her blazzer and it was her father. Chorong's facial expression changed as she read the text. The others saw her and they suddenly became nervous.

 

 

 

-------------------

 

 

 

The children were sitting on the floor, heads down in frightened and parents looking fiercely.

 

 

 

"So who started it first? Was it you Bomi?"

 

 

 

 

Mr Yoon knew her daughter very well. It probably won't be the others. Bomi found it hard to speak and words can't seem to come out.

 

 

 

 

"I did it. I-it was me"

 

 

 

 

Everyone was shocked at Youngtaek's confession. Thinking, Chorong knew it was just to save stupid Bomi. Youngtaek wouldn't start a fight physically unless the guy really got into his nerves.

 

 

 

 

"Very well. Let's go back home for a while"

 

 

 

 

Mr Son stands up and Youngtaek followed him to their house. Donghyun was quietly praying that Mr Son won't beat him too hard.

 

 

 

 

Everyone was worried even Mrs Son. Youngtaek cried easily and Naeun knew too. Although he's kind of annoying and more but Naeun still cares for him.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey Naeun, I don't think he started it"

 

 

 

 

Chorong whispered to Naeun. She made a questioned face.

 

 

 

 

 

"Please take this as a lesson children. Don't repeat it got it? Now dismissed"

 

 

 

 

The children nodded their heads.

 

 

 

 

"Shouldn't we do some grilling. It's been awhile"

 

 

 

 

Mr Park suggested, trying to cool down the heated atmosphere.

 

 

 

 

"Oh my god I missed the old times!"

 

 

 

 

Mrs Yoon excitedly exclaimed, clapping her hands with that wide smile plastered on her face. At least we knew where Bomi got her attitude.

 

 

 

 

They decided for a BBQ grilling at the Park's resident since they got all the equipment that needed. The children were playing and fooling with each others in the big room.

 

 

 

 

Then Youngtaek and Mr son came. Donghyun quickly ran towards his hyung and slung his arm around him in which Youngtaek yelped in pain.

 

 

 

 

"Oh God I felt like my body was smashed"

 

 

 

 

"Sooooo..how was it?"

 

 

 

 

Everyone looked at him curiously. Youngtaek told his father the truth and gladfully he didn't beat him. And Chorong was being proud of herself for being right.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------

 

 

 

 

"Naeun could you get me that remote controller?"

 

 

 

Eunji was watching the TV and her movie ended so she wanted to check other movies. Asking a little help from Naeun which she really help alot.

 

 

 

 

"You have legs, you have arms, you just don't have a brain. Get it yourself"

 

 

 

 

Naeun remained focused on her phone with earphones plugged in her ears and doesn't want to be disturbed.

 

 

 

 

Eunji groaned and get it herself. The remote was basically beside Naeun, not even a metre close. It's centimetre close for you.

 

 

 

 

"Thanks Naeun. You helped a lot. Very useful"

 

 

 

 

Naeun stretched out a leg and making Eunji tripped but luckily didn't fall. Annoyed, Eunji narrowed her eyebrows and went back to the couch in front of the TV.

 

 

 

 

Eunji threw a pillow at Naeun and the pillow dragged the earphones out of Naeun's ears. Naeun was definitely flippin' mad at Eunji and was glaring at her.

 

 

 

 

 

"Ahahahaha that is so priceless"

 

 

 

 

 

Eunji laughed while munching cookies and lying comfortably on the couch, ignoring the glares Naeun was giving.

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

Eunji heard laughters behind her and she sit up, looking for the source of the sound and it turns out to be Naeun and Yein laughing at something on Naeun's phone.

 

 

 

 

"Is this real? Cause damn that is so funny"

 

 

 

 

"No, it's obviously edited"

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh. I don't care if it's edit it's still funny"

 

 

 

 

Curiously, Eunji asked.

 

 

 

 

"What are you watching Yein ah?"

 

 

 

 

"Oh unnie it's a funny video. You know the one that going viral"

 

 

 

 

Yein started to laugh at the thought of the funny video and her eyesmiles were formed.

 

 

 

 

 

"Aww Yein ah, your eyesmiles"

 

 

 

 

Naeun touched Yein's eyesmiles and hugged her. Still feeling annoyed, she decided to turn back to the TV.

 

 

 

 

"I always wanted a little sister"

 

 

 

 

 

Youngtaek who was just passing by with body armour and a nerf gun heard her. He shoot Naeun and ran away.

 

 

 

 

 

"That is why I wanted a sister, not brother urm Yein?"

 

 

 

 

 

Naeun glanced all over the room and find no sign of Yein. Probably joined the others playing 'Real Life Battleground' with nerf guns around the huge house.

 

 

 

 

 

Naeun decided to hang out with the old ones outside also where Chorong and Bomi were. She sighed and sit next to Chorong.

 

 

 

----------------------

 

 

 

 

"Yah Jung Yein!"

 

 

 

 

"AHAHAHAHAH"

 

 

 

 

 

"Farewell my comrade~"

 

 

 

 

 

"Wait whose team am I?"

 

 

 

 

"You're on the girls team duh"

 

 

 

 

 

Prak. Prak.

 

 

 

 

"YAH JUNG YEIN STOP SHOOTING ME!"

 

 

 

 

"AHAHAHAHAAH"

 

 

 

 

 

"Quick pick him up and go to the headquaters"

 

 

 

 

 

"I am afraid that Yein will shoot me cause I don't think she remember I'm in her team-"

 

 

 

 

 

Prak. Prak. Well said Myungeun. Well said.

 

 

 

 

 

"You idiot! I was your teammate!"

 

 

 

 

 

Myungeun shoot Yein till she ran out of bullets and Yein stood there, thinking what she had done.

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh if so, give me your ammo. I ran out of them. For Team Yein unnie, Team Yein"

 

 

 

 

 

"You mean Team Hayoung"

 

 

 

 

 

Myungeun rolled her eyes and gave Yein all of her remaining ammo. Yein picked up the bullets on the ground, not wanting to waste any.

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah Jung Yein stop messing around. Enemies are near."

 

 

 

 

 

Hayoung warned her with Namjoo being the lookout at the back. They each have a walkie talkie in case they had to split up

 

 

 

 

"Yes Captain Oh"

 

 

 

Yein salute Myungeun first before leaving. Myungeun doesn't want to play anymore so she went to the big room where Eunji was.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm hungry. Oh I forgot they were grilling outside"

 

 

 

 

Myungeun happily skipped to back of the house where the parents were and fill her tummy.

 

 

 

 

----------------

 

 

 

 

"Why is the food taste a bit weird?"

 

 

 

 

Naeun puke and play with her food.

 

 

 

 

"And it smells weird too"

 

 

 

 

Bomi said as she move her nose closer to the plate. Eunji immediately throw the food into the nearest trashbin. 

 

 

 

 

"Told ya to pack your own food from home"

 

 

 

 

Chorong said as she devouring her food. The three gulped their own saliva and have no choice but to buy food at the nearest convenience store from their University.

 

 

 

 

"Then who's gonna stay with me here?"

 

 

 

Chorong pouted cutely and made a puppy eye. 

 

 

 

 

"Aww I will then. Naeun and Eunji can go together"

 

 

 

Bomi fell for the older girl's cuteness and decided to stay with her.

 

 

 

 

 

"Well in that case you'll be paying"

 

 

 

 

Naeun pushed Eunji's shoulder lightly with her index finger and folded her arms, walking outside the cafeteria.

 

 

 

 


"Geez that girl got issues"

 

 

 


-----------

 

 

 


Eunji counted her money before entering the store, afraid it won't be enough.

 

 

 

 

"Really? You eat that much?"

 

 

 

 

 

Naeun was carrying a basket full of snacks with an innocent look on her face.

 

 

 

 


"Do you know how hungry I am? So mind your own business and pay"

 

 

 

 

 

Eunji mumbled some words, probably talking s about Naeun. 

 

 

 

 


"Hey, I do kind of need some help carrying these. Please?"

 

 

 

 

 

She was already carrying two heavy plastics and there's one left. Naeun think for a while.

 

 

 

 

"Please?"

 

 

 

 


One more time, Eunji said please and Naeun wasn't that mean to let Eunji carry all the stuffs so she helped.

 

 

 

 


"Thanks"

 

 

 

 

 

Eunji smiled sweetly at Naeun and of course Naeun snorted at her. 

 

 

 

 


Eunji lead the way and Naeun followed behind. Her face was red and her heartbeat rises.

 

 

 

 


I never see her smile sweetly at me like that. Usually she would smile like that to someone else.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two finally arrived at the cafeteria and it was the highschool students' break time so it was pretty crowdy.

 

 

 

 

 

At the long table where Bomi and Chorong were, there were more butts sitting with them. Eunji assumed it was the dongsaengs.

 

 

 

 


"What took you so long?"

 

 

 

 

 

Chorong asked worriedly like a mother lost contact from her child for years. Naeun saw the tables was empty, no plates nor food. Chorong probably told the kids not to buy any food and Eunji and her will brought food.

 

 

 

 

Well except for Myungeun and Jaeseok. Guess Chorong packed their lunch as well.

 

 

 

 

 

"So is this why you take like every food on the shelves? You knew they would come?"

 

 

 

 


Eunji whispered to Naeun which the girl just gave her a nod and continue eating. Eunji was amazed by how thoughtful and considerate Naeun was. Despite.how annoying she could be.

 

 

 

 

 

"Say ah~ come on just a bite"

 

 

 

 


Eunji kindfully gave Naeun a bite of her triangular kimbap but Naeun refused. Eunji pouted and Naeun can't say to that face right?

 

 

 

 


"Good girl"

 

 

 

 


Eunji smiled sweetly at her again, making her all flustered and shy.

 

 

 

 


"Psst Youngtaek, why is Naeun unnie all red?"

 

 

 

 

 

Yein quietly whispered to Youngtaek who was just next to her.

 

 

 

 


"I saw Eunji noona fed her and she became all red"

 

 

 

 


Youngtaek too, actually had been watching the two since they came. Yein nodded and suddenly smile demonlishly.

 

 

 

 


"What's with that creepy smile?"

 

 

 

 

 


"Oh nothing. I'm just liking what I'm thinking"

 

 

 

 

 


Youngtaek confusedly looked at Yein and shook his head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/n : Well the thing is..do you know the game Doki Doki Literature Club? Well that game kinda corrupted my mind and I can't update ._. A little start for 2eun my fav otp ever xD