Ryeowook and His Attempts To Be Wicked.

[One-shot Series] The Wings of An Angel

Ryeowook and His Attempts To Be Wicked. 

 

 

When Kim Ryeowook was a little boy, his parents told him that he needed to be a good kid so that Santa would bring him presents on Christmas Eve. He followed the guidance and he got lots of gifts at the end of the year. Thus, he blindly believed that being a good kid was the best for him.

Throughout his early years, Ryeowook was raised by his parents to be a nice person. Further than that, being in the trainee system even put an emphasized on the personality, and he realized that most of people who got the chance to debut tended to be known as the 'nicer' ones out of a bunch. Once again, he thought that being nice was his best, if not his only option. 

 

The first time he questioned himself on his belief was when Kyuhyun became a part of Super Junior. The kid seemed nice at first. As he saw how Kyuhyun was treated unfair, just like how he was when he first joined the group, he decided to be extra nice to the poor boy. However, once Kyuhyun was warmly welcomed by his hyung, he started showing them his true color: his sharp tongue that was on the border line of rude, his big ego that sometimes turned to be haughtiness, and very little things reminded them of kindness. However, they still loved Kyuhyun to death, and Ryeowook couldn't help but be jealous. He was once their maknae, but when Kyuhyun took over his spot, he went back to being the nice, and at the same time, shy and as many labelled him, boring, out of a bunch of dramatic boys. 

 

Ryeowook and Joohyun were good friends before she debuted as they both loved playing piano. However, he found himself when looking at her, being the maknae of the new group SNSD. Thus, being the kind one that he had always been, he decided to pay extra attention and go above and beyond to be nice to her. She was called boring, and uptight, which was never desirable for the image of a girl, especially in the entertainment industry. He wondered if being nice was good because after all, himself and Joohyun were well-known for being the good-hearted ones. And look where that landed them.

 

From that day, he decided that he should try to be more like Kyuhyun, or in other words, less nice and more heart-less. Thus, when Kyuhyun started complaining to Ryeowook that he had loved Seohyun more than his own maknae, Ryeowook rolled his eyes at his maknae, and nodded as if it was the most obvious thing. He knew that if he were the nice one, he should have said that he loved them equally. He regretted that as Kyuhyun looked a bit hurt, so he forgot his initial plan, and said to himself that he would answer otherwise the next time Kyuhyun complained.

However, the next time Kyuhyun complained to him, it was no longer about their relationship. Kyuhyun whined to him that Seohyun always prefered him out of many Super Junior members. Ryeowook sighed and simply said yes, because it was something as clear as day. Kyuhyun looked so deafeated that Ryeowook almost took back what he said. This time, he realized that it was so hard to be wicked, especially when Kyuhyun looked at him with his lost and hurt expression.

 

 

But before Ryeowook could do something to redeemp, Kyuhyun pretended to be a fan and called into the Kiss the radio show that he hosted when CNBLUE was there. All of his guilts disappeared into thin air, and he swore that he would never be easy on Kyuhyun because the maknae almost messed up his whole show and their careers. Ryeowook immediately scolded his maknae when he got back to their dorm

- Could you be any more obvious?

- I did not do anything. - Kyuhyun crossed his armed defensively

- Kim Soohyun, 23 years old, and telling that Yonghwa that the guy have been avoiding you lately. - Ryeowook wanted to smack his head, but their height differences did not permit him to do so. - Really, Kyu?

Kyuhyun mumbled

- At least I did not say Cho Soohyun.

- You wished. - Ryeowook growled. - What were you trying to prove there, Mr. Overly Possesive and Jealous? May I remind you that she is not even yours yet?

Ryeowook wanted to open his maknae's head to see what was going on there. Soohyun sounded so similar to Seohyun and 23 years old was her age. And even attacking Yonghwa directly. Had Kyuhyun gone mad? 

- That is why. I can't help it.

And there it was. Kyuhyun looking depressed made him speechless. Ryeowook sighed, and patted on the maknae's shoulders. He wondered why he had to be nice to Kyuhyun when just few days ago, Kyuhyun laughed at him for being anxious over his class reunion as he would meet his first love. Ryeowook shrugged at the thought. He always found it easier to be nice.

 

Finally, one day, he found a valid reason to discard his plan and go back to be nice. Ironically, it happened when he was doing his radio show and was another attempt to being more savage. He wanted to pull a prank on Kyuhyun as the maknae's birthday was coming up. Thus, he called no other but Seohyun, the ultimate reason behind all of his maknae's weird behaviors.

Seohyun was surprised, but she sounded happy when she heard his voice. Ryeowook had became one of her closet oppa and she was one of most favorite dongsaeng, so she did not suspect anything when he called, which made him feel quite guilty. Oh well, he hoped that his show could be more popular and he could help her to promote herself better. 

- Do you know that you are the ideal type of many idols?

Ryeowook kept his mouth shut as he almost slipped the words "including my maknae". He looked down to hide a smile as he could totally image how Seohyun was weighting her options

- Is that so?

Typical of the careful Seohyun. He decided to push the game a bit further

- Truthfully, me too.

Ryeowook knew that Seohyun was gigling, and Kyuhyun was probably cursing out loud when he had chance to watch the show, which should be very soon as he would not miss any show that Seohyun appeared in. However, it was his true thought. And really, who would not love such a sweetheart? 

- What is your ideal type?

And there came the fun. 

- I don't have any.

Totally expected. Ryeowook knew that he had to rephrase his question in another way if he wanted to get something out of her. The only option was yes or no question.

- Does he have to be tall?

That was quite smark, in his humble opinion. Girls usually liked boys who were taller than them, but he knew that she would have gotten his hint by the time the question came out. He swore that he could even hear her sighed so quietly from the other side of the phone

- A little.

Ryeowook tried to act as if he was upset, but inside, he was laughing his b*tt off. Seohyun still managed to get away with it, but he knew that she got what he had in mind. That thought alone made him unable to keep his straight face for too long. He grinned and decided that it was the time

- Let's play a telepathy game.

Seohyun probably wanted to end the call as he announced the game. He was not sure if she had a sixth sense or if she knew that he did not anything good in mind when he asked about her ideal type.

- Which song do you choose?

- Only U

Ryeowook was a bit surprised. She was quite brave to ask for the song, even when she used such good reason that she wrote the lyrics for the song. Well, he thought that it was more obvious that way. It was as if she announced to the whole world that she had been in love. He guessed that it was unavoidable as Seohyun got bad influenced from his maknae.

Ryeowook grinned. Seohyun could have thought that doing that would be enough to make him stop teasing her, as she admitted quite frankly, or at least to him. However, being too long with Kyuhyun, he had learnt a few different tricks to get his things done. One of them was red-herring and Seohyun had fallen for that when he asked for her choice of a song.

- Let's choose among Super Junior members then.

And there came the best part of the show. The ultimate prank he wanted to pull. 

- An easy one.

This time, Seohyun did not even bother to hide her sigh. She knew what was coming to her. He made a note to himself to say sorry to her later on, when they met up to go shopping for a gift for the mighty Cho Kyuhyun.

- A tall person...what do you like?

He wanted to laugh so badly as he imagined Seohyun rolling her eyes and Kyuhyun, in constrast, blushing and smiling sheepishly. They all knew what was coming

- Kyuhyun or Ryeowook?

They all knew what it would be. If they were together, he would be able to see Kyuhyun get mad while Seohyun answered as if it was a matter of fact. 

- Ryeowook.

He could no longer supresse his laugh, as he added his final remark

- Seohyun has completely fallen for me.

- That's not true.

Ryeowook laughed a little more. Seohyun was such a cute little sister that no one could resist her charm or not fall in love with her. He wanted to tell her that it was a bit too fast to say so. And really, Kyuhyun should understand. However, on a second thought, he was not sure how his over possesive and jealous maknae would react to the situation. Well, he better prepared himself then. 

 

When Ryeowook got back to Super Junior's dorm, he was surprised that Kyuhyun hugged him tightly the minute the maknae saw him.

- May I know to what I deserve this hug?

After so many times being the victim of Kyuhyun's prank, Ryeowook had learnt better than to trust things as their presence. Kyuhyun looked happy, which was opposite to what Ryeowook imaged. He wondered if the maknae had not watched the radio show or if the naughty kid had something crazy going on his mind again.

- For the early birthday gift!

- Huh?

Ryeowook was totally confused. How did he give Kyuhyun something that he himself did not even know of?

- Seohyun was mad at me, but thank to your radio show, she called me to explain so that I would not be upset.

Ryeowook rolled his eyes and sighed. He really had to take this as a sign of him unable to be a bad soul. How come even when he pulled a prank, it turned to be for the better good?

He was frustrated. However, when he looked at his maknae and saw a stupid grin, but a happy one nonetheless, he decided that in the end, it was much easier to be nice. It was worth it, after all, and it was his only option, because he could not stand it when his maknae looked like a lost puppy. An idiot, being in love, seemed like a better one.

Ryeowook chuckled at his own thought. He guessed that being too long with Super Junior, he was no longer the kind one that he thought he was. And well, that should be good enough for him to call an end to his plan.

 

The End. 

A/N: Both events are real, you can search the Kiss the radio episode in which Kyuhyun called in while CNBLUE was the guests, and the one in which Seohyun was called by Ryeowook.