chapter two

Serendipity ➳ Jimin

Doesn't the sky look beautiful when the sun sets? Doesn't it bring old memories back, making even the worst ones seem nice and peaceful under the red tones of the sky? Red is usually such a passionate color, an intense color which indicates the strong, the big and the daring. Still, when it comes to being the leading color in the sky, it becomes the most calming one, signalling the end of a day and the start of another, telling you that you made it. A sunset can make even the worst day end beautifully.

 But for Alex, that was not her worst day, not in a million years. That very day, that very red, signalled the start of her new life and she had even managed to find a little adventure in it, meeting a new person. Even if she still remained unsure of him, deep inside her she knew he meant no harm and he was no bad person. His silliness and awkwardness told so, it would be impossible for such a raw and open-hearted person to be bad. And she felt glad that she had actually made two beginnings in one.

 Her whole living room was showered in the red sunlight, making it look like a scene from a movie. Alex had turned off all of the lights, wishing to cherish the end of her first day of freedom. And the color red simply managed to make everything a little more beautiful in her eyes. She remembered how she used to stare at every sunset back at her hometown, as they appeared to be her only salvation. They were her salvation because they reminded her that one day ended, another began, and everything would come around someday. And it did, and the sunset was there to praise her for waiting.

 The silence was broken when the bell rang, earning her attention. She wondered who it could be, she only knew one person yet and he had left only a few hours ago. She took slow steps towards the wooden door, wishing to enjoy the warmth of the sunset for a few seconds longer. Her long fingers found the door handle, turning it and opening the door, only to reveal seven unknown faces. Well, six and one recently acquainted. Even though she felt a little lost, under the stares of seven pairs of eyes, a smile still found its way to her lips.

 One of them, the one who stood in the middle, had a plate in his hands on which rested a chocolate cake. "Welcome to the neighboor!" All seven of them said in unison, as the one in the middle held the plate a little higher. They all smiled so brightly and Alex couldn't help but to also smile warmly at the boys. "T-Thank you!" was all she could say because she was too shocked and confused to say anything more.

 "I figured you'd like to have some friends here!" Jimin exclaimed happily before his face suddenly fell. "At least I hope you do, maybe I should have thought this out a little more." Alex laughed at his sudden change of mind and shook her head from side to side. "Don't sweat it, Jimin. You did good. Thank you." Her words seemed more than enough to bring the boy's smile back, and Alex stepped back, allowing everyone inside her house. "You are all welcome inside." She held out her hand on her side, welcoming them.

 One by one they entered the newly painted and furnitured apartment, looking around in wonder as each of them let out a series of 'oh's and 'wow's. They looked like a little parade of kids, even though she was sure they were all older than her. She adored how sweet they all seemed and how they appreciated the style of her house. Once they had all entered, she closed the door behind her and tucked her wavy brown hair behind her ears. "Make yourselfs at home." She pointed towards the living room. "I'll bring some plates."

 With that she hurried to the kitchen, not wishing to make her visitors wait too long for a bite of the heavenly cake they had brought. Swiftly opening the cabinet above the oven, she picked eight small white plates before also picking eight shiny forks and then joined the others in the living room. "Here y'all go!" Alex happily announced as she handed the plates one by one to the boys, who obviously couldn't wait to taste the cake they had brought themselves. 

 As Alex cut the cake into pieces, Jimin decided it was about time he had introduced his friends to his newest friend. "Alright so, everyone, this is Alex. Our new neighboor, as you've probably realised by now." That earned a low snort from the girl. Jimin could be very weird, as evident, but that's what makes Alex want to get to know him a little bit better. "Alex, these are the rest of your cool neighboors, not as cool as me though." He smiled at her and she just rolled her orbs. "Of course." She mouthed.

 "Jimin really knows how to make a first impression, huh?" A deep voice asked and Alex followed it so that she could see who said that. A silver haired boy connected eyes with her and smiled. "Namjoon, my name is Namjoon." Alex smiled at him but before she could speak, another deep voice did. "I'm Taehyung!" The girl eyed the ginger haired boy who sat besides Namjoon, whose smile almost reached up to his ears. His expression was priceless, earning him a giggle from her. "Nice to meet you, Taehyung."

  Jimin cleared his throat in order to earn back Alex's attention, which he succeeded in. "And to conclude, that's Yoongi, over there is Jin and the last but not least is Hoseok." The blonde proceeded in introducing everyone to the girl, who appreciated the thought. "It's actually awesome to meet you all. Thanks for visiting me." She said in a soft tone as she took a seat besides Jimin, who conveniently was the only one with an empty seat beside him. "Are you kidding? We couldn't wait for you to arrive. The trucks came and went but we never got to see you." Taehyung explained with smile before taking a bite.

 "You really have some style." Namjoon commented as his eyes took in the living room. That made Alex feel a little bit happier, the fact that somebody actually liked the way she had styled her house. "Not to brag but..." She shrugged, Namjoon snorting at her response. The evening flowed very smoothly, Alex seemed to get along very well with the group of boys who had decided to knock on her door that very evening. As the minutes passed, she got more and more comfortable with them, she laughed at the constant way they teased each other and after a while she wasn't left without being self.

 Taehyung and Hoseok seemed to be the biggest teasers in the group, and their most favourite target was -no shock there- Jimin, who always got so pissed at them. Namjoon and Suga were the cool kids in the block, the laid back ones who'd drop a comment from time to time but it'd be ten times stronger than what Tae or Hoseok would ever think of. Jin was like the leader of the group, in a motherly way that is. He tried to stop the boys from teasing Jimin as much, looking more than a scolding mother than a friend to the rest of the boys.

 Alex was sure of one thing, these seven boys were nothing like the people she knew back home. She hadn't even known them for half a day and they already felt like her closest friends, hanging out at her place until late at night. They got to know each other, they got to joke with each other and Alex got to feel more welcome than she ever felt when she was in her hometown. And she surely knew one thing; the sunset would signal one more thing for her from now on.

 It would signal friendship.