chapter one

Serendipity ➳ Jimin

serendipity;

  the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.  

 

 Some people said that something that occured, or a person they met was some form of serendipity. Something that happened without them persuing it, most of the times they were even focusing on something completely different. They do say that the best things in life come when you least expect them, don't they? Who are they though? Is it just a group of certain gifted ones who's lives were full of miracles, who were lucky enough to be blessed with the gift called serendipity? Or were they simply mere people, full of lives in order to deceive theirselves that their lives had a meaning?

 And was it even worth it? Was it worth lying to yourself instead of taking a deep breath and facing the broken pieces you, yourself, probably caused? Did that form of illusion mean that you were a mere coward, or somebody brave enough to still see light in the darkness?

 All those questions might be unanswered to this day, but one thing was for sure. Alex was soon to be one of the gifted ones. Although her mindset was probably completely against something as a 'miracle', she would soon see that sometimes miracles do happen. But somebody who knew her story and her past would not blame her for not believing and dreams and miracles, it was not a miracle that got her out of her black hole. She did it all by herself.

 And maybe that was the reason she would become a gifted one, a chosen one. Because somebody out there passed through her walls, saw her story and decided that it was time that somebody else helped that girl out. She had gone through enough, hadn't she? One can endure a life in which he fights on his own for so long. And it had been too long.

 And so, the first stage of her miracle began when she pulled over outside her new home, right in the heart of Los Angeles, the city she always dreamed to be able to live in. She parked her 2018 Ford in the apartment block's parking lot and took a deep breath. She still couldn't believe what had happened in the span of a month,she needed a moment to calm down and take everything in. She her rosy lips, giving an mental motivational speech to herself. You did it, it's real.

 The corners of curved as she softly smiled. For the first time in a while, she smiled because she had made it. She took another breath as her hand found its way on the car door handle, opening it and slowly exiting her owned car. She felt a tug in her chest once her eyes made contact with her surroundings, when she realised that in front of her was the beginning of everything. 

 The young girl felt relieved when she remembered that most of her stuff were already in her new apartment, the moving crew was so helpful that she could never thank them enough. Only one more box was left, but it was the most important. Inside that box were all her personal belongings, things that brought back very important memories, so she had to be the one to bring that box in the house to make everything official.

 She opened the back left door and carefully picked up the medium-sized box, a little bit too heavy for her strength but she was sure she could pull this off. She closed the door with her foot and pressed the button on her car key to lock the vehicle, before starting off for the apartment. The front doors of the block were wide open, which she was thankful for because she had no idea how she would have opened them with that box in her arms.

 It had actually turned out to be a worse struggle than she thought -or hoped- it would be to carry that beast. A few voices could be heard from the upper floors, getting closer but she couldn't care less at the moment, sticking her tongue out as she tried to balance the box. The female voice got even closer, she must have been coming down, and she didn't sound all that happy. "I'm so sick of you, Jimin!" And with that she had reached the last step, and her face screamed 'angry'.

 "You're sick of me? Then what am I?" The male, Jimin, argued as he chased after her. She just rolled her blue orbs and ignored him, sprinting towards the exit. "Outta my way!" She scolded, harshly pushing the box Alex was carrying so that she could exit the building. Alex gasped as she lost her footing, she knew that was the end but she honestly didn't care about herself as much as what rested inside that box. As she was about to fall, she felt her heart ache because she knew that many of those things would break. 

She closed her eyes and awaited, but the fall never came and the box never left her arms. Opening her left eye, right one tightly shut, she let out a faint 'huh' in wonder. "You've got some problems, you know that?!" A male voice shouted, not at Alex but at the previous girl and so Alex leaned her head to the right to see what in the world had happened. Her eyes met a pair of soft brown ones, which nearly disappeared when the male smiled at her. "Hey there! Are you the new neighboor?" Only now did Alex notice how soft his voice was, making her feel a little bit more comfortable.

 Still, the way that boy's attitude could change in the span of one second was giving her second thoughts. She raised an eyebrow before speaking, in hesitation; "That's me." His smile got even wider, he seemed like a very cheerful guy, but his love life probably wasn't an admirable one, if you take the previous scene. "I'm Jimin! My apartment is right below yours. Nice to meet you..." he dragged the sentence and Alex let out an 'oh', realising he was waiting for her name. "It's Alex. Nice to meet you, neighboor." She unintentionally with the nickname, still unsure of that Jimin boy. 

 For a few seconds the two just remained there, heads peeking from behind the box and staring at each other. Alex blinked, and pulled a confused face before speaking up. "I have a wedding to go to next week." she joked again, and with that Jimin seemed to take the hint. "O-Oh, yeah! Let me just help you with this." He offered and Alex was about to refuse, but Jimin had already -somehow- managed to climb the first floor with the box in his hands. Alex blinked a few times before mouthing a confused 'okaaaay' and making her way towards the elevator.

 In a matter of seconds she had reached the third floor, where her apartment was and she could hear a few grunts coming from the lower floor. She crossed her arms and not much later Jimin appeared, or better, the box and Jimin's legs appeared from the stairs. "How in hell did you get here so fast?!" He wondered outloud, very much obviously out of breath. "There is this baby, called an elevator." She smiled, patting the elevator's door. Jimin was in thought for a few seconds, but then he just discarded it, as Alex unlocked her door.

 "Don't break everything, now. I can already tell you are quite the handyman." She teased the male as he struggled to make his way in the apartment without breaking everything in his way. "I got this, I got this, I--" he chanted until he felt something against his foot for a second, before a lound crash filled the room. "I don't got this!" he growled and slowly kneeled, placing the box on the floor. Alex couldn't help but snort at the little show, not minding at all about the vase that used to belong to her cousin. She hated her cousin anyways.

 Jimin's eyes were set on the broken pieces of a once-was vase, biting his lower lip in worry and guilt. "I am... terribly sorry for this." He apologized, making the young girl giggle at his expression. "Nah, it's fine. It was a gift I really hated anyway, you did me a favor." She assured him and that seemed to give the boy some relief, as he sighed. "Good, wouldn't want to make a bad impression from the first time." He smiled brightly at her and she could only pull a face that screamed 'are you kidding me'. "Uh, yeah, no problems with the first impression." If you don't consinder that the first thing she saw was a very heated arguement with his, presumably, girlfriend.

 With that, the two stayed silent for once again, staring at each other like earlier at the entrace. "Do you usually do this?" Alex pointed back and forth between the two in confusion and Jimin just softly gasped, eyes switching from left to right. "O-Oh, don't mind me! I'm just happy that the new neighboor arrived." He tried to cover himself as he slowly walked backwards, towards the door. "I'll... let you be now! See you around, neighboor." He waved at her, earning a wave back before he tripped at the door.

 "All good!" Alex giggled at him, and then he finally closed the door. The girl sighed as she smiled to herself, seeing good in the weird boy. He wasn't bad, he was just a young boy and that explained enough to her. She took a look around, her house finally complete, feeling something warm her heart. That was it. That was the beginning of everything.

 "Chapter one starts now." She breathed, closing her eyes and smiling.