Chapter #3

The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After schedule I entered my quiet warm apartment and headed straight to my bedroom I dropped my bag and phone on top of my bed and walked back out to the open kitchen turning the tea kettle on. I walked back to my bedroom and enterd the bathroom eager for a quick relaxing shower. 

I dried my hair after getting dressed in a silk green leaf patterned pj set. I then walked to the kitchen to check on the tea kettle, turned out I forgot to put the heat on, typical. I decided to sit on the balcony as I waited for the water to boil. I grabbed a white Hermes cashmere shall, wrapped it around my shoulders and opened my balcony door. I enhaled the night's fresh air as soon as I stepped outside. The air was kinda chilly,  but that was probably because I just had a shower.

 I sat on my earthenware cream cushioned balcony chair pulling my legs up towards my chest so they would fit underneath the huge shall. I was looking straight into the sky mainly breathing the silent night in, when a sliding sound disturbed my peace. I turned to look at where the sound came from to my left. I could see the back frame of a man, he was about to turn when I looked away quickly not wanting to seem like a weirdo spying on my neighbour's balcony. My neighbour! Is it him! I wanted to know if the person who was standing on the balcony next to me was the person that I was thinking about non stop lately, yet I refused to look to his direction. 

I could hear him shuffling around as he pulled a chair and probably sat down. I could hear a slight sigh as he sat down. It was taking all my power to not turn around and look at the man on my left. 


"Oh!" A sound came from his direction distracting all my thoughts, sending all my tries out of the window and forcing me to turn to him. Jiyong.
"Oh, announghaseyo" I said bowing slightly smiling 
"Announghaseyo" he bowed his head returning a soft smile. I looked back straight ahead when he said nothing further.
"It's been a while. Have you been well?" He said slowly after a pose 
I looked back at him alarmed "ah, de … how have you been?" I asked back awkwardly
"I've been fine" he smiled "we keep on bumping into each other don't we" he stated rhetorically
"Bound to happen, we're neighbours" I stated too smiling at him. He was wearing a casual grafiti styled black shirt with some blue ripped jeans holding a cigarette and a lighter on his right hand. His eyes followed mine and he rised his right hand and said "mind if I smoke?" 
"Not at all" I replied in a soft tone shaking my head just as softly. " go ahead" 
He lifted the sigarette to his mouth and lit it up with a green funny looking lighter. He took a deep breath from the toxic stick and released it right after. Somehow he looked very desirable as he did so. I looked back towards the sky allowing him to have some time for himself because thats probably the reason why he decided to come out to the balcony alone. 
"How old are you?" He suddenly asked "if you don't mind me asking" he added 
"24" I said "what about you Jiyong-shi?" 
"I'm older, " he said grinning for some reason "let'" drop the formalities" he continued 
"Yeh?" I said surprised 
"I will ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter