Jelly

#28

"Felix!" I nudged him in his place.

"Felix wake up you !" I said as I shook his shoulder with my right hand. I got nothing but a groan from him as he didn't even move a single inch. I felt the blood rising inside of me. Clamping up and racing to my head. I looked at how he had his arm wrapped around Chewy's waist. The same way that I did the other day. I know that what I did was wrong and I didn't have any plans of doing it again. But I somehow felt that I had a right to it. I couldn't explain it. She's not mine but I feel possessive over her. Maybe it's because I held her first? Maybe it's just my OCD bothering me again? I didn't know. But what I did know was that I was furious. Furious at how comfortable Felix looked beside her.

They were lying together on my bed, both of their backs me. Felix was on the closer side to me, he had his arm around Chewy and his face just inches away from her long, brown hair. Chewy was on the further side, sleeping soundly in Felix's arms. It made my blood boil and my heart thump violently. It made my face contort into a hideous expression that I was glad the both of them were asleep to not see it. I then felt myself hitting Felix's tiny buttocks, slamming my hand against the soft surface.

"Wake up! Felix!" I whispered loudly, trying not to wake Chewy up as I didn't want her to wake up in his arms. Felix's body gave me no reaction; this guy was really a heavy sleeper.

"Get off my bed you !" I said as I hit him again. I saw Felix shift his head a little on the pillow. Shaking it left to right before inching it closer to Chewy's head. At that point, I felt something inside of me snap. Like a gear that has never been run before started grinding. Like a trigger that I didn't even know existed was suddenly pulled. I grabbed onto Felix's arm, the one that was on Chewy's waist, and pulled it towards my direction completely void of any common sense. I stepped backwards, dragging Felix's weight along with mine. His body dragged across the bed, inching closer to the edge and finally hitting the wooden ground. The impact finally shaking him awake, but doing nothing to Chewy who was still out cold.

"Ow!" Felix winced as he grasped the back of his head. Eyes shut tight as he struggled to gain consciousness.

"Get up!" I said sternly. Felix propped himself up on his arms and slowly and painfully got up on his feet lifting his head up to face me.

"Why you being so rough?" he groaned. The pain was visible through his face.

"Why the hell are you sleeping with Chewy?" I shouted in my whisper. I really wanted to scream, but at the same time I didn't want to wake Chewy up in fear that she might not take the situation well. Felix turned his head around to look at the sleeping girl on the bed before turning around to face me again. His expression completely changing, forming into a worried and embarrassed expression that was the total opposite of the aggravated face that he had just a few minutes ago.

"I-It's not what it looks like" was the only thing he could say. I only felt myself getting more agitated at the fact that he was trying to cover it up. It was clearly obvious that he was sleeping with her. What more can he do to convince me otherwise?

"You have some explaining to do" I said and grabbed onto his wrist. I stormed out of the room and dragged him across the hallways of the second floor. He didn't even resist, probably too sleepy to do so. We arrived at the room that I use to sleep; my current room. The room that contained nothing but the basic necessities that a room needed like a bed, a bathroom, some extra blankets and pillows, an air conditioner and a TV. None of my stuff were even there as they were all in Chewy's room except for a few of my clothes. I dragged Felix into the room, turning on the lights as we went in and closed the door behind us. I turned around and stood in front of Felix who was staring at the floor, face full of guilt.

"Ok so I'm guessing you want to convince me that you weren't having some intimate moment there with Chewy, huh?" I said, placing my arms on my hips as I eyed Felix who was avoiding my eyes.

"Well... technically you're not wrong but-"

"WHAT?!" I cut him off. Voice reaching at an alarming level, hearing it bounce off the walls of the silent room, hoping that the soundwaves would not reach the other room.

"Wait wait. Let me explain ok" Felix regained his composure, I surrendered and just stood silent as I prepared to listen to his wonderful explanation.

"So, after you left, things started getting a little weird." Felix said. What does he mean by weird? Would that explain the coughing I heard on the phone yesterday?

"Weird? What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well. I noticed that Chewy was very quiet and obedient when you were around. I could see that she really tried her best to follow whatever you told her. For me... not so much" Felix said. I immediately furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I felt my anger slightly subside as I was now curious at what Felix had to say.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Well... ok. So, after you left. Things were really quiet and awkward. I didn't really know what to do. I tried to get to know Chewy so I sat beside her on the couch and asked her a few things like what did she want to do and stuff like that. She didn't answer a single one, she didn't even say anything. She just spaced out" Felix said. I immediately cringed at the fact that I forgot to tell him that Chewy doesn't really talk much. Knowing Felix, he's a very talkative person.

"Right... so what did you do?" I asked.

"I tried turning on the TV so maybe we can watch a thing or two, hoping that it would make things less awkward since the place was so silent, but it only made things worse" Felix stressed. My eyebrows still furrowing as he said that.

"What happened?"

"She just grabbed the remote and turned it off again." Felix said. I tilted my head to the side, trying to make sense of what Felix was trying to say. I was baffled at that point, from what I know, Chewy loved watching TV. What made her not want to watch and turn off the TV that fast?

"That's weird. From what I know, she loves watching TV." I said.

"I thought so too" Felix said, he looked just as confused as I was.

"What else happened?" I asked.

"Well everything was very awkward. She didn't even bother to look at me and she had this weird look on her face. Whenever I tried to talk to her, she would just give me the cold shoulder." It figures, Chewy was also like that to me during her first few days here. But she was never this bad when I was around. I kind of felt sorry for him.

"I figured maybe she was hungry so I decided to make her some food" he said. At that point, I was started getting worried, Chewy can't eat just anything.

"What did you make her?" I asked, anxiously anticipating his answer.

"I made her some of that ramen you had. The spicy one" Felix said. I face palmed at his statement because he gave her the spicy one, but mostly because I don't remember buying any spicy ramen at all. I must've made a mistake.

"And what happened when she ate it?" I said in a hushed but stern tone. Trying to hide my embarrassment even though it was obvious.

"She started coughing like crazy and that was when you called me" Felix said. I face palmed once again as I felt myself melting from the embarrassment. I knew I was responsible for causing her harm and I knew I couldn't get out of this one. I visibly cringed in my spot and I guess Felix noticed it as he tried to comfort me.

"But don't worry I gave her some water after that and she was fine, she didn't want to finish the ramen anymore though" Felix said trying to make me feel better, but it wasn't working at all. I suddenly felt my head spin again making me dizzy as I haven't gotten any proper sleep yet.

"I hope she didn't go hungry for the rest of the day" I said as I felt myself worrying for her again.

"Actually she didn't want to eat at all. She lost her appetite. She just wanted to sleep after that" Felix said. Immediately, my mind went to the moment where they were sleeping together. Feeling my anger suddenly come back to me.

"So can you tell me why you two were snuggling?" I said, my tone suddenly rising once more.

"Oh, about that" Felix said before pausing to think. I tried my best to let him be and wait for his answer patiently, but my patience was hanging on a thread. I have been so stressed the entire day and I don't have the energy to control myself at the moment.

"What?" I said impatiently.

"She couldn't sleep. It was late at night and I was hanging in the other room. I heard her calling your name" Felix said. My eyes widened at his statement and I felt my heart start to flutter. She was calling my name? I've never even heard her say my name at least once. Why was she calling me?

"Calling... my name? I stuttered.

"Yeah, over and over" Felix said. I cringed at the feeling that I was experiencing. It was a mix of flustering and confusion. I was flustered at the fact that she was calling my name but at the same time I was confused because I couldn't understand why she would do that. The two feelings mixed together made me really uncomfortable.

"So what happened?" I asked. Eyebrows still contorted.

"I went over to her to check her out. She looked really scared. Her eyes were wide open and she was clutching onto her pillow really tight. She kept calling your name. I went over to her and asked her if she was alright. She asked me where you were and I told her you were at work. She said she was scared and that she can't sleep alone. So I tried my best to comfort her. I originally planned to just stay there 'til she was asleep then I'd go back to my room. But I guess I ended up falling asleep. I'm sorry" Felix said in an apologetic tone. At that point, I felt like crap. I didn't know what to feel. This was all too much information to take in. Chewy was looking for me? She was scared? And she couldn't sleep alone? Why? Why was she like this? I wish I could comprehend her actions but I was too tired and exhausted to do so. My head was spinning and aching, making me feel very uncomfortable. I wanted to throw up, but there was nothing in my stomach. I pressed my hand against my head trying to ease the pain.

"I'm really sorry bro. I know you're really disappointed. I'll leave tomorrow if you want" Felix said as he grasped my arm.

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry too. I'm sorry for being so violent, I guess I'm just really tired. It's been a long day, you know" I said.

"It's ok I deserve it. You look really tired; I think you need to get some rest." Felix said as he held onto my arm trying to prevent me from falling over.

"Yeah, I think I do. Where will you sleep?" I asked him.

"I'll just sleep in the other guest room. Chewy's asleep already so you don't have to worry about her." he said.

"There are barely any things there" I said referring to the nearly empty 3rd guest room.

"I'll be alright and are you kidding? Every room in your house is way better than any of the ones in mine" Felix chuckled in his deep husky voice. I used the what's left of my energy to give him a smirk, just to ease the tension a bit. Feeling my chest loosen up a bit from the lighthearted action.

"Well I can't tell you what to do so knock yourself out" I chuckled.

"I will. Literally haha" Felix laughed at is joke and so did I, realizing how something so corny can lighten up the tense atmosphere.

"You sure you're alright, Jun?" Felix asked sympathetically.

"Yeah I'm alright. I don't need your sympathy" I chuckled.

"Well if you say so. See you in the morning, hyung" Felix said as he took his leave and exited the room, making sure to close it on his way out. I exhaled the tense air that had been piling up in my chest all day, feeling my chest unwind and allowing me to breathe more.

I turned around and looked at the soft bed, yearning for its softness but wanting to get out of my clothes first. I ed my shirt all the way and stripped it away from my aching body feeling the cool air hit me and invigorating my tense skin. I ed my slacks and pulled it all the way down to my feet along with my underwear. I was now completely bare. I wasn't the type of person that was fond of sleeping with my skin, but the entire day was a crazy rollercoaster ride of stress and anxiety and all other kinds of emotions. I was sick, I felt so clamped up in my clothes. The events of today making my clothing feel like a prison, making me feel trapped and wanting to break out. Now I was free, free from all that chaos. I was able to breathe for the first time today.

I tossed my clothes to the side, discarding them to the floor. I wanted no part of them right now. I just wanted to breathe. I walked to the bed, the cool air making my phallus harden a bit, but I didn't care. I pulled up the blankets and snuggled myself inside feeling the warmness of the blankets engulf me sending me closer to slumber. The feeling of the sheets hugging my body was doing wanders for my aching muscles. All this comfort, all this warmness should've knocked me out but it didn't. Something was missing, but I didn't know what it was. I felt myself drifting off, but I couldn't sleep.

I turned the other way, nothing. I snugged more, nothing. I decided that maybe I needed an extra pillow. I got up from my place and walked over to the closet. I opened it up and retrieved a large, white pillow. I walked back to my bed, carrying the soft material in my arms, and snuggled myself in. I made sure to tuck myself really tight, blankets tightly wrapped around my bare body, head settled comfortably on the pillow, I grasped the pillow very tightly, wrapping both my arms and my legs on the soft surface. I settled my nose just above the pillow so I could take in its comforting scent. I lied there for hours and hours, tossing and turning, trying to force myself to sleep. I couldn't understand why I was feeling this way, my body was exhausted but my mind was restless, going wild like a madman while my body was like a decaying corpse. I somehow felt that something was missing but I couldn't tell what it was. I was yearning for something and it was obvious by my actions.

The morning after that...

It's morning now. I didn't even realize that the sunlight was already out if I hadn't gotten my head out of the pillow I had buried it under for the entire night. I didn't sleep at all. The only thing I got closest to sleep was the darkness that I found with my head under my pillow, the absence of light making a substitute for shut eyes which I couldn't achieve. I never lost consciousness, I was awake the whole time. Buried under darkness, thinking about a million, indescribable things that even I didn't know what were. I had only started to suffocate from the lack of air when I decided to pull myself out from underneath the pillows, being hit by a bright ray of light on the way out. Seeing the bright sunshine gleaming through my window used to be the most comforting thing that I could wake up to, but now it was different. It blinded me instead of giving me comfort. I cringed as I was confused at myself for feeling this way. I suddenly felt my stomach grumble in despair, not having eaten for nearly a day.

I removed the covers from my body, the cool air now replaced by a warm heat, and forced myself to sit up on the edge of my bed. As I stood up and walked towards the closet, I felt my head spinning like crazy. It was spinning so much that I nearly fell over if it weren't for the bed breaking my fall. I approached the closet and pulled out a simple white t-shirt and placed it on over my torso. I also pulled out a fresh set of shorts but before I was able to put them on, I suddenly heard the door open, not giving me time to react at all.

"OH GOD! Sorry, hyung!" Felix said as he retreated back outside after peeping in on me.

"What are you so shy about we used to take baths together" I said as I put on my shorts.

"N-Nothing. I just wasn't expecting that. Breakfast is ready if you want" Felix said before leaving and closing the door behind him. I barely even got to see his face. I decided to just shrug it off since I had better thing to worry about. As I slipped into my shorts, I suddenly felt concerned over my wellbeing these past few days. I have been getting these weird anxiety attacks that I couldn't explain. I've been getting these headaches, weird dizziness, and passing out on random moments. It was weird and I didn't like it, it got in the way of my daily routines. It made me unknowingly sleep with Chewy, it made me pass out on my job interview, I nearly fell over just a while ago trying to get to my wardrobe. All these, they seemed to have started happening ever since I brought Chewy in, but why only then? Could I have already had this problem before and it was triggered by her arrival or is she the reason for my weird episodes? If so why her? Why was she doing this to me?

All these thoughts, all these questions in my head, they didn't make any sense at all, but it wouldn't make sense for me to stay here in my room and wallow in all these unanswered thoughts. I inhaled deeply and let all the negative emotions out in one long, lengthy sigh. I walked to the door, grasping the cold metal handle, and opened it. I stepped out into the warmer hallway and got hit by the scent of frying food. I inhaled the delicious scent, feeling my stomach embrace the air, and walked towards the staircase. The closer I got to the staircase, the stronger the smell grew, making my stomach growl in hunger. As I descended the stairs, I could hear what sounds like Felix talking to someone in the dining room, was he talking to someone on the phone? Or did he bring someone over? I arrived in the dining room to be greeted by Felix and Chewy, who was already sitting at the table.

"Hyung! you're finally up. Come, eat" Felix said as he poured a carton of milk onto Chewy's glass. My eyes ran from the milky white liquid in the glass to the girl that was sitting right next to it. She wore a blue shirt that had frilly arm sleeves on the side. The shirt was covered in bright, yellow sunflowers that perfectly complemented the dark blue fabric. It was clearly a female's shirt and I don't remember owning one or Chewy having one when I brought her in.

"W-Where'd you get that shirt?" I stuttered, voice hoarse from the slumber I had awaken from. It seemed like I had to put in a lot of effort just to say those five words. I stared at her face and her hair, she looked so clean. Her hair looks like it had been volumized since it was so puffy and bright, the sunlight coming from the windows highlighting her brown locks. Her face, glowing from the sunlight that gleamed off her blue, round eyes that were unusual for an Asian woman like her, or am I just imagining all this stuff? I expected to be hit by another wave of dizziness and headaches, but instead I felt a strange warmth engulf my body, embracing it like a mother to a baby. It was so warm that I felt like I was going to melt any second.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I flinched as a deep, husky voice rang my ears. I snapped my head to the left to find Felix invading my personal space. He had his head leaned against mine, eyes looking forward at the girl on the table. I could feel his hard chest pressed up against my aching back and it was then that I realized where the warmth had come from.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I said as I shifted away from him.

"The shirt, isn't it nice? I found it in the closet of the room I slept in last night." Felix said as he moved towards the table. I fixated my eyes on the shirt once again, it started looking more familiar the second time around.

"You went through my closet?" I asked with an annoyed tone.

"Chewy spilled milk on her other shirt so I had to give her a new one. I wanted to ask you for an extra shirt but you were still out cold so I just looked for one myself. I mean it looks good on her doesn't it?" Felix said as he finally took his place adjacent to her on the leftmost side of the table. I slightly cringed but felt fluttered at the same time that Chewy could fit so well in my mom's shirt.

"Come on, hyung. Food's getting cold" Felix called as he gestured me to come over. I snapped out of my thought and headed for the table. I sat down on my usually spot, opposite to Chewy and fixed my eyes on the food that was in front of me. I couldn't make it out at first as all I saw at first glance were two big, brown, round clouds. It took me a while to realize that they were actually fish fillet and mashed potatoes.

"Hyung" Felix said as reached the plate of fish fillet over to me, I didn't even realize I was staring blankly, with my mouth slightly agape, for a few seconds at the plate that was hovering in front of my face. I shook my head and grabbed one fillet with my fork and dropped it on my plate. After taking my piece, Felix moved the plate over to Chewy who stared at it curiously.

"It's fish" Felix smiled before dropping one piece of fish fillet into her plate, I watched how Chewy's eyes followed the fillet's trail down the plate. Felix took two pieces for himself and placed the plate on the table before reaching for the mashed potatoes.

"Hyung" Felix said once again as he reached the plate out towards me. I suddenly felt a tinge of annoyance in me as I was being babied by my younger cousin.

"I think I'm capable of getting my own food" I blurted out, words coming out much more harshly than I intended. Once again, I found myself not being able to think before I acted out. Felix froze in his place, eyes widened and face slowly melting into melancholy as if he had reached out his heart to someone and was rejected. Chewy stared at me as if she somehow didn't recognize me at that moment, she gave me that cold 'I don't know you' kind of look. I melted at the stares of the two, I felt my grip on myself start to slowly dwindle. I immediately panicked and started thinking carefully about my next actions. Instead of saying something, I merely grabbed two spoonfuls of the mashed potatoes and plopped them onto my plate which thankfully averted Felix and Chewy's attention. I sighed in relief as I watched them start to work on their meals.

I stared at the brown cuisine that was in front of me, trying to decide which one to taste first. Felix was already halfway through his meal when I haven't even started yet, making me feel ashamed. I decided to try the mashed potatoes first. I scooped a decent amount with my spoon, feeling the way it easily scraped the soft material and lifted it up to my face. I could smell the potatoes from where I was, thankfully making me hungry enough to open my mouth and take it in. As I munched on the soft material, I was hit by an astounding combination of flavor. It tastes just like the regular mashed potatoes you would have at the restaurants, but it was much creamier and sweet. I let out a sigh of relief as I munched on the meal, feeling the flavors spread through my mouth and the mashed potatoes dance inside my mouth like a soft pillow. I was truly impressed with the flavor, it was like a lunch and a pastry combined.

"W-Wow. These mashed potatoes. How did you get them to taste like this?" I asked as I chewed on my food.

"Taste like what?" Felix asked as he chewed on some fish fillet.

"It's surprisingly sweet. It tastes like a pastry for some reason but still has that potato flavor that sticks to its roots. How'd you achieve that?" I asked, visibly amazed.

"I mixed it with some pancake mix and milk. It's something I've been doing since I was a kid. It's how my mom always made my mashed potatoes" Felix said. I was in bliss, feeling the food fill my yearning stomach that had been neglected for so long. I found myself taking in more and more of the potatoes and before I knew it, I was full.

"Gosh hyung, I didn't know you liked my potatoes so much" Felix said with visible awe on his face as he stared at my plate.

"Haven't really eaten for a day, hehe" I chuckled while rubbing my nape in embarrassment. All this food experience was so blissful that it made me forget about Chewy whom I found staring blankly at her plate with a partially bitten fish fillet. I cringed at how Felix seemed to be surprised by her actions.

"You barely touched your food" Felix said. Yeah, sounds like a lot like me two days ago.

"She doesn't really eat much; you'll get used to it" I said in a mocking tone. Felix looked at me in an unamused manner before getting up from his place to retrieve something from the fridge.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Getting dessert" Felix said as he pulled out a plastic container from the fridge. Seriously, Felix was one of the only people I knew that made dessert for almost every meal, even breakfast. Although as I looked at the clock, we were technically having lunch already. Felix went over to the table and placed the plastic container down on the glass surface. I couldn't make it out at first, it seemed like some sort of red substance.

"What is that?" I asked. Felix lifted his eyes up to look at me before ignoring my question and pulling out said substance from the container. My eyes widened at the gelatinous material that shook with every movement it made.

"It's Jelly" Felix said as he proudly observed the jiggly substance. It was shaped like a dome and was nearly transparent is it weren't for it's dark reddish color.

"Just how much food did you make today?" I asked receiving no response.

"Chewy, you have to try this" Felix said as he sliced a piece and placed it on Chewy's plate, the red gelatin still jiggling from the impact. Chewy stared at it like it was the most amazing thing ever, her big eyes widening and slightly forming a gap as she observed the substance that danced on the plate.

"Maybe that'll make you eat" Felix smirked. He didn't even bother offering me some of the jelly in fear that I might just repeat the same cold gesture I did a while back. I sat in my seat, silently sulking as I stared at the jelly, not feeling like eating anymore. To my surprise, Chewy actually grabbed her spoon and scooped a piece of the gelatinous treat. Chewy stared as the small piece of jelly danced in her spoon, curious of what the thing would taste like. Felix had the most amused expression on his face as he egged her to eat his dish. Chewy opened and slowly took the piece into her, as if careful not to let the jelly explode in . She slowly closed , wrapping it around the spoon and pulled it out leaving the jelly behind. Both me and Felix stared in absolute awe at how she ate her first meal. Both our eyes widening as we waited for Chewy's reaction. She slowly moved , chewing the sweet dessert in slowly, eyes shifting left to right, trying to make out the flavor. I felt my chest fill up with anxiety and my mind filling up with a million thoughts at the same time. Was she going to like it? Is she going to spit it out? Is she gonna throw up? I couldn't tell.

It wasn't any of those. Chewy's eyes widened, chest expanding as she inhaled deeply. Mouth stopping from chewing. I felt my heart stop thinking that she was going to cough it out or spit it or possibly suffocate. I immediately began to curse Felix in my mind for giving her the treat. To my surprise, Chewy's lips expanded to the side, widening and crawling up her face and forming dimples on her cheeks to form a smile.

"Mmm..." she moaned in pleasure. I stared baffled, eyes widened, eyebrows furrowed and mouth hanging open to form the most stupid expression I could ever make. Felix was doing the same thing but quickly recovered and started celebrating in his place.

"Do you like it?" Felix giddily asked with wide eyes despite the fact that the answer was obvious. Chewy smiled and nodded while happily chewing on the jelly like a kid easting candy before proceeding to scoop another piece and devouring it. This was beyond unbelievable. I have never seen her eat a proper meal, especially one that was made by me. It baffled me seeing her devour the piece of jelly 'til there was nothing left. I shook my head and looked down to find a piece of jelly on my plate, wandering how it got there in the first place. I leaned back in irritation and surrender, completely losing my appetite all together. I stared at the dessert, seeing my reflection on its shiny surface. I looked at my haggard face, my hair was messed up, my eyes were bloodshot and my facial muscles have slumped down to form a gloomy scowl on my face. I cringed at my own reflection of which I couldn't even look at.

I decided to divert my attention to my two companions only to find an empty plate where Chewy's jelly used to be. My fatigued, red eyes somehow managed to stretch itself open in surprise that the girl had just finished her first meal. Chewy stared at Felix who was peacefully eating his own dessert. Eventually, he caught eye of her, widening his eyes in response.

"Yes? You want something?" he said in a sincere and almost loving manner receiving nothing in response since Chewy was so focused on his plate. Apparently, Felix had only made enough jelly that was fit for three people and by the looks of it, she wanted more. Felix seemed to notice this as he immediately started offering his own dessert.

"You want more?" He asked. Chewy shifted her widened eyes to Felix and nodded childishly like a kid who was offered a new toy in exchange for behaving well.

"You can have this" Felix said. But before he could proceed to hand her his plate, he stopped himself. "Wait..." he said. He proceeded to pick up his spoon and cut a piece of his dessert before lifting it up in front of his face.

"Open wide" Felix said and hovered the spoon in front of Chewy's face. Chewy obediently complied and opened to which Felix proceeded to put the sweet gelatin into .

"Mmm!" Chewy childishly moaned once again. Grinning widely as she jumped in her seat. Felix's dessert was surely the best thing she had ever tasted.

"You want more?" Felix giddily said to which Chewy excitedly nodded her head. Felix then got another piece and fed it to her like the world's most loving father.

"Good? Is it good?" Felix smiled.

"Mhmm" Chewy nodded. I couldn't help but feel livid at the two. I was too exhausted to comprehend things properly and the only thing that I could feel right now was anger. Anger at how happy the two looked, anger at how Chewy was being more open to Felix. I mean I brought her in but it only took Felix one lousy dessert to get her to open up while it took me basically nothing at all since, oh what, she hasn't opened up to me yet. I watched Felix feed her, not even caring about his own hunger. I watched how she giddily ate the food he gave her. I felt the blood boil, my fatigued mind and body making me unable to control my temper and my common sense. I couldn't take it, I couldn't stand watching them any longer, I was going to be sick.

"Felix" I sternly called. Felix immediately paused after feeding Chewy his last piece of jelly. He turned to look at me with a surprised look on his face.

"Can I speak to you upstairs?" I said and stood up, not even waiting for Felix to respond. We both arrived at his room, I closed the door behind us and looked Felix sternly in the eyes.

"What did I say about food?" I sternly said.

"But it's jelly. I made it myself, it's really safe to eat" Felix childishly tried to reason out with me which didn't work at all.

"Even so, I told you she has a weak stomach. You can't just give her too much food at once!" I shouted unintentionally which flustered my cousin.

"What am I supposed to feed her then?" Felix asked. At that point, I snapped. I snapped at the moment Felix retorted back at me. I didn't want to, I didn't want to hurt the man, but my mind and body were acting the complete opposite right now.

"I mean I honestly don't know why you have so much against, I mean by the way it looked, she seemed to like it a lot" Felix said.

"Get out"

"What?"

"Get your things. You're leaving" I said in a hushed but stern tone. I immediately left the room, leaving Felix behind and headed towards my room. I paced back and forth in my room, with a visible scowl on my face trying to process my thoughts. To no avail. I headed towards the shower and stripped myself off my clothes and taking a warm shower. The warm water easing my tense muscles. I stepped out of the shower feeling somehow more relieved but I was still feeling weird. I immediately started thinking of what I did just a while ago and how I acted. I got mad at Felix even though he didn't do anything wrong, I told him to leave for no valid reason. Why was I acting this way? I can't control myself whenever I'm around Chewy. She somehow always causes me to overreact to even the slightest things. I started to regret all my actions immediately, the guilt ate me up from the inside. Maybe I can still convince Felix to stay.

I changed into some new clothes and stepped out of my room, hoping to chase after my cousin and convince him that I don't hate him. I walked to his room and checked inside only to find all of his things gone already, I felt anxious, the guilt of seeing Felix's room empty struck me hard like a bus even though he has only stayed here for roughly two days. I immediately ran downstairs seeing Chewy walking around the large living room.

"Where's Felix?" I asked her. She turned her heads towards the door and pointed towards it before looking at me again as if telling me to chase after him. I immediately obeyed her non-existent order and ran towards the door, quickly grabbing the handle and pulling the door very quickly that I was worried it would come off its hinges. I stepped out into the afternoon sunlight and immediately searched the premises for my cousin, luckily I spotted him walking just a few blocks away with his bag hoisted over his shoulder.

"FELIX!" I shouted causing him to turn around. He stared at me for a few seconds with his eyebrows lifted before heading back towards my direction, I felt my heart getting hit by a thousand waves of guilt and anxiety at how my cousin was still walking back to me after all that has happened. He was still trying to be nice, even after I treated him like . I found myself unable to speak as Felix stood in front of me, I couldn't even look into his eyes, instead looking down on the ground hoping it would feel a lot better.

"I-I" I stuttered, finally looking at his face. He looked disappointed but I could tell that he was trying his best to act like it was nothing, as if he was trying to say he can't blame me for acting like this. Oh but I could still see the agony in his face, even if it was just a sliver, it was there. I wanted to convince him to stay, but it looks like he has made up his mind.

"I'll take you home" I said in an apologetic tone. Felix didn't say anything but only trailed behind me as I called for a cab which arrived after minutes of awkward silence between us. We both got into the cab and spent the entire trip just staring out the window basking in the awkward silence, not uttering a single word. It was painfully quiet; it was too quiet for a person who loves to talk like him. The silence only pained me even more.

"Hey..." I broke the silence avoid still avoiding Felix's eyes. "I'm sorry"

"For what?" he monotonely asked.

"For getting mad at you" I said. I deeply regretted my actions, it was so unlike me, it was as if it was a completely different person. The guilt making me unable to look into Felix's eyes even though I know that if I wanted to be sincere, I needed to do so.

"You mean liking Chewy" My eyes widened at Felix's statement. I felt my heart stop and my breathing cease immediately making me wander how I was still alive.

"W-What?" I stuttered and struggle to turn my head and look at Felix. I forcefully turned my head around, fighting against my body that told me otherwise and finally made eye contact with my cousin.

"Oh c'mon hyung. Don't play dumb" Felix chuckled as if I knew exactly what he was talking about and I was just feigning confusion out of denial. But in reality, I had no clue.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I said blankly with my eyes widened.

"You seriously don't know? Your actions say it all. You get flustered whenever you see her. You're always staring at her. You take care of her as if she was your own child and you're so overprotective of her" Felix gave emphasis on the last statement. I had no idea how to respond to what he said. It didn't make sense, everything he just said.

"What? Me? Like her? How can you even say that?" I said, my voice breaking slightly from the emotion as if it knew that I was lying to myself.

"Well, why did you bring her in, in the first place? Why are you taking care of her?'" Felix said. I stared at him with a flustered expression. My mind was spinning like a crazy carnival ride. Me? Like her? She's homeless. I simply felt sorry for her that's why I decided to take her in. In fact, she should be thanking me for providing for her, something she clearly hasn't done.

"I found her dying in the middle of the streets. I felt sorry for her so I took her in. Is it wrong for me to do something good?" I childishly answered back. I don't know what came over me that night but I know what I am doing. I am just taking care of her until she can get back on her feet and find the people that abandoned her or maybe a new family to be with, then she'll have to bolt. Felix stared at me with weary eyes, like a private investigator interrogating a criminal. I froze in his gaze, trying to fight back but my weak grip on my own self made me lose the battle.

"You're so full of , hyung" Felix sneered. I grimaced at his statement, giving him a look that says 'I can't believe you right now'.

"But I'm not mad at you" he followed.

"Y-You're not? How come?" I asked. Felix then proceeded to wrap his leather-wrapped arm around my shoulder, enabling me to feel the warmth radiating from his body.

"I understand you, hyung. It's not easy falling in love and I also know that finding the right one ain't easy either. But now that you have, I suggest you take care of her, hyung. Take care of her like she's your own daughter, like she's your own sister and most importantly, like she's your significant other. She needs you hyung, I can see it. the words that she said that night, they don't lie and I think, you need her too" Felix said before grabbing his bag and stepping out of the cab door. I sat there, flustered face, mind unable to process a single word that he just said. As if the words were a mallet that had smashed my mind into a million pieces and I was so desperately trying to pick up the pieces and put them back together.

'Falling in love?'

'The right one?'

'Daughter?'

'Sister?'

'Significant other?'

'SHE NEEDS ME?'

'Words she said'

'THAT NIGHT?'

'I need her too...'

The words sounded so foreign in my mind. They made no sense. The pieces made no sense. Moreover, they didn't seem to fit together. But before I could even try to fit them, Felix was long gone.

"Ya-" I tried to scream, but the cab was already way past his house. I had spaced out completely, not even realizing that we had driven several blocks away from Felix's compound. I looked around me, I did not recognize the place at all.

"W-Where we heading to?" I asked the middle-aged driver.

"Your cousin said to take you home right?" The driver said as he eyed me through the rear view mirror. The only thing I could see were his wrinkled eyes.

"Right" I said and leaned back in my seat.


I didn't wanna upload this til i was done with the next chap but its my bday and I want to give YOU guys a gift wahahah.

Notice anything fishy about Jun yet?

In case you're wandering, the chapter starts at exactly at 00:00 midnight of the 5th day and Jun wakes up in the morning of the same day.

What will happen to Jun?

Will he be able to process his thoughts? and his feelings?

What will he do about Chewy?

Do leave a comment, or a sub, or a vote, if you want. You're an independent person after all :)