Chapter 2

Reborn {Vmin} 🌼

Waking up this morning feels like it is one of the hardest things I am ever going to have to do in my whole life. My legs feel like noodles while my brain feels like a bag of old, broken glass. Staying up late was an awful choice. I do not know how I am going to get up, especially since I am faced with all the things I am going to have to deal with today. It's almost as if my mind is telling me to stay in my warm bed, but I know I can't simply do that. Besides I've faked sick so much, I doubt they'd believe me.

But before you know it, I'm up. It's  a good six am in the morning and I am tired as hell. I brush my hair back with my fingers and slide my glasses onto my face messily. The day feels different than usual, almost as if there is a certain energy in the air I don't recognize. I kinda like the change. It's kinda like the saying "a breath of fresh air" in a way.

I walk down to the kitchen and an aroma of fresh pancakes and fried eggs smacks me straight in the face as soon as I enter. My mouth starts to water before I can even make eye contact with the plenty of food sitting at the table waiting for me. It doesn't take me more than two seconds to start digging into the good variety of food.

"Hungry, ay?"

I look up at Nayeon as I continue to stuff various foods into my mouth. She laughs and I'm almost embarrassed. I need to remember to eat slower, because eating faster only equals weight gain and at an alarming rate. I begin eating slower and her soft smile turns into a frown.

"You can enjoy yourself, Jimin. I didn't mean to faze you."

"No, it's okay. I'm enjoying myself, I just don't wanna gain."

"But you look fine!"

She goes up to me and grabs a handful of my cheek. I squeal a little before she finally lets go and let's me breath. I only eat a tidbit more before I'm finally changing into my school uniform, which seems to be getting big on me. Am I shrinking again? , that's not good.

I hurriedly grab my backpack and run out the door with haste. During the school day, my scheduled plans include: sleeping past the bell, procrastination at its very finest, and getting called names by people who looked like a pizza with extra pepperoni. It seemed the schedule hadn't changed at all. And maybe it's for the better good.

I walk into the crazed commons with my head down and make my way directly to the library. There was absolutely no way in hell that I was staying in there for my last moments of peace before school officially began. The library was a quiet place that offered a so-called "variety" of games on the ty computers that we could barely afford that had been downloaded by secret faculty or students who were the same as me. My morning routine is to basically act like I am doing my work while I am actually browsing the web or playing the ty games. Pretty brilliant, if I do say so myself.

The bell finally rung. Whenever the bell rings, a chill gets sent down my spine that isn't exactly the same as a chill you would get if you were visiting a Halloween amusement park. This one was more anxiety-filled than fear-filled. And the chill stayed, unlike its counterpart.

By the end of the day, I was basically anxiety filled and ready the lay down on my nasty stained sheets and play a simple game that didn't require much brain power while purposely avoiding doing my school work. But today wasn't that simple, I have something scheduled for the first time in my life. And it wasn't optional, it was mandatory.

As I sit on the school bus that takes me back to my neighborhood, I could start to hear my heart beat out of my chest. And suddenly the bright energy that had lurked around since my had eyes opened had practically doubled, making the air around me seemed almost sweet. This, I didn't particularly like at all. It was like a piece of cake that wasn't exactly moldy, but had been sitting out in the sun, making it incredibly acidic.

All of the sudden we get to the point where my house and the Kim's house cross. As I stand up to leave the bus, it feels as if all the kids are staring right at me. I wonder if they also feel the acidic energy in the air, or if maybe I'm just going crazy. Even as I step off the bus, it still feels as if all eyes are on me. Though, I know it was just a feeling. Nobody would really actually be staring at me, simply because nobody knows me.

As soon as my feet hit the concrete ground. I immediately consider going to my actual house instead of a strangers and quickly make the decision to do so. But before I was even six steps toward my house, I hear a voice come from behind me. It's deep and has a husky after taste, but it's happy. It has the same vibe the air was giving off, except less vibrant and more innocent.

"Oh hello! Are you Jimin?"

I slowly turn around to find exactly who I expected, Kim Taehyung. It feels almost like / dream to have someone people actually enjoy the presence of to be talking to you specifically. It almost feels like an honor, even though I know it's an ordinary thing to most people.

"Um, yes. You know me?"

"Of course! We go to school together! We're in the same health class, actually. You didn't know?"

"Um...I knew."

At first, I wasn't to nervous about talking. I figured I would just make my way through the day with barely talking to him and just helping out with the plants until the sun went down. But now that it was actually happening, my stomachs tightening and I feel like I'm under water with barbells tied to my feet. It's a weird feeling and being mixed with the strange energy in the air is not helping at all.

"Do you want to come in? We can garden later, I know you're probably hungry."

"I'm not really, no. I mean, I don't mind it. Wait, I mean-"

Taehyung laughs and a beautiful box-like smile appears. Usually when people smile, it has a curve feature rounding the bottom of the lip, but his is almost a perfect square. It's unusual, but strangely contagious. I suddenly have the urge to smile, which makes me bite my bottom lip. I don't want to seem weird. And maybe he'd think my smiles ugly. 

He makes a gesture toward the door suggesting for me to come in and he files straight into the house. I hesitated for about half a second before following quickly behind him. The house was a suburban blood orange house with big glass windows and a big white front door with a golden plastered door knob. The outside was kinda similar to my own, except it was bloody orange and my house was pure red brick. 

The inside was a lot nicer than my own though. Almost all white furniture with marble floors than you could see your reflection in. The furniture for the most part was covered with plastic to keep anything from hurting the extravagant exterior. I looked around in amazement at the all the expensive but classic antiques that lined the walls in white bookcases. Taehyung must have noticed noticed because he asked me which was my favorite, which caught me off guard.

"Um...I don't know the difference between all of them. I don't think I could pick only one."

"Difference doesn't matter in my opinion, it just matter which one appeals to you the most."

"Oh."

I awkwardly look up and down the bookcases in search for the antique that would catch my eye the most. As I finally reach the last and final bookcase, a certain blue elephant that presented itself as a piggy bank catches my eye. It's like a tribal elephant that is colored a pure soft blue. I point at that one, though I don't particularly have a reason.

"Oh, why that one? My personal favorites the orange plates. Don't ask why, because I wouldn't be able to tell you an answer. They're just strangely appealing."

"I don't really know why I like that one. Maybe it's the color."

"Is blue your favorite color?"

"No, but something about this shade draws it to me."

We stood at the bookcase together side by side, looking at all the striking antiques that peered back down at us. I looked over at Taehyung, who was had his eyes fixated running along the shelves. Taehyung was a quite bit taller than me, but nothing compared to some of the guys at my school. My guess was maybe around 5'10, which was not bad at all. Only a two difference. He also has gorgeous light brown hair with stranded running down his eyesthat contrasted with my black bowlcut. He has light brown eyes, similar to his hair, and even though he seems like a very joyful person, he has an intense stare in his eyes. Maybe it's  just because he was concentrating, but I recall seeing him like this all the time at school. People tend to see the intense stare as scary, but for me it's kinda more intimidating. But not in the harsh sense, more like a competition sense.

"You staring?"

I quickly snap out of my trance.

"What? No!"

"I'm just playing!"

The room is filled with laughter, but it's only coming from him. I can't help but stare, there's just something about him that could light up a whole room on its own, with no help from any counterpart in the world. I'd never seen anything like it. And it only made me uncomfortable, almost as if I wasn't  contributing enough to the energy in the air. 

Maybe I should at least try.

***AUTHORS NOTE***

Since this is my first story I'm kinda just doing whatever, but should I make this story 2nd person? It seems a lot of people enjoy 2nd more than 1st, and I would like this story to be something people enjoy to read! Please leave a comment if you want something changed. Though if I make it past chapter five and I haven't changed it, it won't be changed. - ANN