[One] Arrival

Oh! My winter love

Large snowflakes landed on the soft, vibrant green grass around us, as my mother and I arrived at our new home. It has been exactly 8 years since my father had left without a single word of departure, and we had finally decided to move on and start fresh.

 

Moving from Oklahoma back to our home town, Seoul, had been the biggest decision that we have made in our entire life, knowing that there would be struggles as we find our way to settle in. My hangul has never been the best, and the thought of starting school in Korea .

 

We started unloading our suitcases from the Taxi when a gentle, deep voice called from over the fence. “Annyeong haesyo, Woohyun imnida!” the voice said. I turned to the voice, and froze. Standing there was a young boy, more or less a year older than me, showing his one-dimpled smile.

 

He was cute, starting from his ruffled black hair, to his simple fashion. As he caught my gaze, he winked flashed an even bigger grin.

 

I could feel my cheeks burning, and turning into a bright crimson as I distractedly adjusted my glasses and fixed my hair. “Ann-ye-ong Ae-sayo” I replied. Like I said, my Korean wasn’t very good, as I see Caucasians on a daily basis back at Oklahoma. He chuckled, and I can also tell that I was showing one of my silly smiles.

 

He walked into past our fence, and entered our lawn casually, allowing me to see his clothing more clearly.  He wore a bright blue checkered shirt, black Lee skinny jeans, and a pair of black high-top Supra shoes. Definitely cute.

 

As I snapped back to reality, I realised that he had taken my suitcase from my hands, and was standing there waiting for any commands. “I’m guessing you needed help. Where would you like these?” He offered as he held my heavy suitcase with one hand. Before I had a chance to reply, he took my hand and dragged me into the house as I instructed him on where the suitcase would go.

 

As he finished, he kissed the back of my hand and headed for the door. “Guess I’ll be seeing you tomorrow!” he exclaimed with a wink before leaving.

 

I left my house, still flustered from what just happened. Really, I’ve never believed in true love – and thought that I never will, but this might be the opportunity for it to change.

 

I snapped back into the new world, realizing that I’d walked out onto the lawn and that my hair was covered in snow – which was slowly melting and trailing down my shirt’s collar. I didn’t remember until Woohyun had reminded me. I was starting a new school tomorrow.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Even though this in my first chapter, it's already sounding horrible ;~; Let's just hope that it gets better as it progresses! Hwaiting! ^^