Chapter 4

Imugi

Jungkook was laying in the bed he fell asleep at the last sleepover. Wrapped by the soft fabric of the blanket and pillow, what happened a few hours ago not in his mind anymore. All that matter was the soft fabric around him. He felt so comfortable he didn’t even want to get up, just sleep for 5 more minutes, forgetting about all the problems and no one was stopping him. It even felt like the blankets were consuming his body letting no part of it cold. Just warm and comfy that he didn’t even notice the gap around his neck going tighter and tighter. He just listened to the quiet voice that sang a soft sleeping tune.


“Sleepyhead, close your eyes, for I'm right beside you”

 

the soft voice was so adorable and comforting singing in such a quiet tune he really could fall asleep any second. The blankets were stretching out even more stopping so close around his legs.

 

“Guardian angels are near, so sleep without fear.”

 

the voice kept singing as the blanket was wrapping itself around his arms. Jungkook left his eyes shut letting the lullaby seduce him to sleep.

 

“Lullaby, and good night, with roses bedight.”

 

the blankets were getting tighter and tighter with every word the pillow wrapped itself completely around his face stopping him from catching any air. The blanket stopped him from running away and the blanket around his neck string his throat pressing every air out of it.

 

“Go to sleep, little one you won’t wake up this time”

 

His arms clenched around the sheets trying desperately to get out of the death grip. he felt his limbs turn numb, not responding anymore. trying so hard to reach some kind of air. fear was the only thing he felt at the point where he thought. “Am I really gonna die like this”.

 

His lungs filled up with as much air as he could get when the blankets became lose only for a second. now choking him even more. He didn’t know was happening when he felt more and more sheets disappear till he finally could breathe again. First he was only coughing his lungs out holding tightly on his throat to protect it from any more attacks. He felt hands around his body supporting him slightly till his breathing was steady again.

 

When he looked up he saw Jaehyun and Minghao in front of him. Not able to overlook the scratches on Minghaos arm they were still fresh and slightly bleeding, the disgusting thing was there were still some nails digged into his arms. Out of an instinct he looked on his own hands finding all of his nails intact.

 

Minghao laughed slightly pained “These aren’t yours calm down. Are you okay?” He tried to answer to say sorry that he only thought about himself. But there were only raspy noises coming from his throat nothing understandable. ”Don’t over do it, let's search for something to drink okay” Jaehyun smiled at him reassuringly trying to hide his own fear behind a wall of smiles. He himself wasn't in a good condition either his eyes were red and stains of tears were still visible if you looked closely enough. Just looking at his body, he was completely fine.

 

Minghao and Jaehyun supported Jungkook so he could stand up properly, losing his balance every there and now as they walked to the next bathroom to let Jungkook drink a little and muster the very visible injuries the blankets left. The pressure left his skin in a dark red, at some points leaving even open wounds. Minghao finally was able to put out those nails without cursing in 19 different languages as he pulled them out one after another under the cold calming water. Jungkook washed his blood away while Jaehyun stood in the back feeling like an idiot.

 

All that happened to him was a stupid panic attack, just because he was alone. Sure he kept hearing  some ridiculous voice that haunted him but, they almost died here and he made such a big scene out of his condition. What happened to him wasn’t even worth the care, especially when you looked at those two in front of him. He wasn’t worth it, he tried to help them as good as possible saying sorry for his behavior before.

 

Minghao had found him in a locked room crying by himself the voice laughing at him on repeat. It wasn’t even anything new to him. There was always some kind of voice following him even before all of this happened. He already got it checked after having a complete breakdown. The conclusion was pretty easy. He had to take a pill every day. That's it. It kept the voices to a minimum and of course there was no real healing, no way out and he did go through hell before those pills helped him, he didn’t even want to remember. This college and all was a new start that he was more than glad to get. He was very lucky because normally schizophrenia got diagnosed most of the time  too late. He was really really lucky. Every other person he knew that was also sick only could live with help of others, not even to take care of themself without hurting themself or others. He felt most of his life pathetic about it but after the voices calmed down he got used to living like this. He got used to take his daily dose of drugs to life a normal life. It was the better choice the better life then locked behind 4 walls going crazy each day and having another person to depend on to survive.


The thing that made him break down like this was not really the point what happened in the schizophrenic attack but just the simple fact he had one. He never forgets his pills not even once it was priority number one. Now having this kind of attack just meant it was too late. That not even the pills would be able to help him. All the things he had worked for would be completely destroyed just because he started taking a pill too late.

 

What he didn’t knew was that the thing he assumed as another attack was just the voice that everyone heard. Of course no one knew that and no one could tell him that. So he would have to continue in believing he had no hope left.

 

On the other side of the building in the at the end of the long hallway, quiet whimpering was faintly to be heard. She couldn’t get her voice out. every move of her lips caused some horrible striking pain. She couldn’t open her eyes properly. Each time she blinked it felt like a part of her lids were ripped out of her face. A shaking hand was looking for the handle to open the door to  come back to the light. It hurted, every move she did, made her cry silently what caused her salty tears to trigger even more pain she wanted to scream but everything she did would just pain her more. Her hand found the handle so she could finally step out of the darkness. Her eyes stayed half opened but with the now adding light she finally could make out what caused her pain. There were strings attached to her lids keeping her eyes halfway shut. She could just make out some light between them. A whimper left before she could take clumsy steps down the hallway. To be met with a mirror. She couldn’t see much but what she saw of her reflection was more than enough. Her eyes and lips were sewn up. Letting her only make the quietest noise. Lost and scared she fell to the floor holding her face unbelieving. What should she do? When she touched one of the stitches she had to cry out in pain from the burn. It was like every stitch was highly infected, not like it would have caused enough pain already.

 

Sera woke up in the bathtub of her bathroom. Without any kind of injury only confused and lost. She remembered trying to break free from this house after that it went black and now she was her. the only pain was coming from her head but that was it. when she touched it trying to push out the growing headache. Her eyes widen in shock as she noticed the blood on her hand. she tried to get up right away, but she kept falling back into the tub from her bloody hands slipping away every time she tried to get a grip on her surroundings. Then she just heard loud splashes when blood was shooting out of the sink and the bathtub covering her even more in blood. It felt freshly warm against her skin and she just wanted to get out. She grabbed one towel using it to get some stability and roll out of the bathtub crashing on the floor. the sink was already overflowing letting some spill over her once again. She got up she run up to the door opening it with one last glance back.

 

“This is not your blood”

 

was written on the mirror with the overflowing blood and she just crashed the door closed. trying to catch a breath she holded in a scream when her body fell to the wall. She hold her temples trying to forget what just happened trying to understand. What was that supposed to mean. She wanted to cry and break down right away but whimpering caught her attention. She was scared out of her mind but the thought of her friends in danger or just the thought to be with her friends was enough to follow the sound.

 

Following down the dark hallway she saw someone crouching on the floor covering her face while crying violently. the closer she came she, the quicker she could recognize the person. it was sabse. “Sabse its me….” no reaction. “whats wrong” she herself was shaking from the events before still feeling all the blood on her body. when she crouched down to her Sabse stopped crying. “Don’t look” she hissed. “Sabse nothing is wrong okay I’m here” she tried to reassure her feeling like crying herself. softly putting her hands on hers. taking them away from her face. Sabse just responded with a flinch.

 

But there was nothing.

“look at me Sabse” she commanded softly trying her to believe she was really here with her. Hesitantly the youngest opened her eyes. touching around her face. “its gone its gone” she repeated when another sob left . Sera hugged her letting her cry out on her shoulder. Giving comfort was the best comfort she could get.

 

Seokmin found himself in the room of Zoa. The comfortable room still looked completely the same how he was used to it. He looked around the room when he noticed Zoa leaning next to the heater. Eyes restless looking on the floor. Turning it up and down on repeat. The heater complied to quick. sending waves of heat and coldness out. “Zoa hey” he tried to approach her. She seriously looked so dead. her short silver hair falling in front of her face and the rest of her completely motionless hanging down from her body. Only her hand was holding onto the heater slipping away from time to time and they're not getting a right grip. Parts of her body touched the heater. each of those parts had burns on it that kept getting worse and worse every time the heater grown hotter.

 

Out of an instinct he pulled her away. “What are you doing?” He hold her against the wall trying to get her back to the senses. “I thought you were cold” she mumbled in a raspy voice. Her eyes never looking at his just at the floor without any intensity just as if her eyes were just too tired to even go up. Her whole body was just staying up out of the pressure from Seokmin. He just looked at her confused mustering her up and down seeing all those burns over her body. “I’m not” he responded really unconfident not knowing how to see this situation. “Don’t you wanna touch it” She pointed to the heater. “You’ll get warm too” she didn’t sounded like herself and what she said was ridiculous. Something told Seokmin she was right tho. it was cold so his hand moved over to the heater. He burned his hand but didn’t pull away. “You're right it's warmer” she giggled leaning against his chest. “I knew I’m not crazy. Everything is easily explained.” She put more and more pressure onto Seokmin till he fell down right onto the heater. burning his skin at his back. “It doesn’t hurt right?” Zoas eyes looked so lifeless when she stared down onto him. Seokmins skin was feeling like fire that he instantly flinched away snapping into his right mind but Zoa pressed him back on the heater sitting right in front of him. “It doesn’t hurt right?” it didn’t sound like her anymore. This wasn’t her voice. “It does it does” he repeated quicker and quicker while she pushed him harder against it.  

 

“Zoa stop you’re hurting me”

 

He was able to whimper out, right when those words left his mouth he could see her eyes turn soft right afterwards into panic when she pulled him away from the heater “Ohh my god are you okay?” she was in complete hurry when she tried to see the burns on his back. That sudden change of character, confused him but more than that. It scared him. “I’m okay, I’ll just cool it down” he said awkwardly getting up. Zoa seemed to notice his discomfort, wanting to say something but swallowing it down as he left the room leaving her alone on the floor.

 

When she tried to stand she just winced from the pain of her burned leg. She simply stared at her burned hand.

 

“Am I really losing my mind?”