Chapter 2

Imugi

The morning sun was rising and Sera was the only one to witness it. The rest of them were enjoying the rest of their sleeping time in the quiet comfortable darkness. Meanwhile Sera made herself ready and then started to clean up the leftovers from the last night. Including Jaehyuns popcorn, the chip bags and the boxes of the asian food, pizzas and some burgers. It took some hours as one after the other woke up and joined Sera for the cleaning. Except Mingyu, Zoa, BamBam and Yugyeom. Mingyu had the only good Alibi, he was in a deep sleep that no one would get him out of. The other three were simply hiding in their bed to avoid the responsibility to clean. I mean there were enough people now anyway. As the sun turned to lunchtime, Mingyu finally joined the awoken as well and prepared their meal in the kitchen. Since the sleep was still thick in his eyes he wouldn’t start anything fancy what ended in good fresh ramyun, what to be honest was already good enough for the rest as well. Minghao joined him to help out a little and to everyone else’s luck there was no bickering just calmness and some laughters. 

The smell of food brought out the other three, innocently acting like she was freshly awoken Zoa made her way to the table “Can I help with anything” she asked which got her the wanted answer “No” and no one suspected anything. Then there were Yugyeom and BamBam quietly sneaking to a place on the table and stealing a bit of ramyun earning judging eyes from the table. Most of them had already expected these two would hide away from cleaning still no one said a word. So at least Yugyeom and BamBam thought they had succeeded. In the end of the day the guys were leaving to their respective dorms, leaving the three girls alone in their home.  

 

Nothing unusual was happening, after some harmless chatting, Zoa was the first to turn away from the table excusing herself because she had to study for an exam which happened to be on Monday. Following up the circling stairs she followed the dark stone walls of the older building. This house was officially Sera’s. It was the last wish of her grandma, the only problem was the house was probably twice as old as her. The floorboards cracked slightly under every third step that went over it. Old antique paintings covered the dull grey wall. A quiet squeaking was heard when Zoa's rather soft hand pushed the wooden door open. Revealing her big room with her walls painted in a soft rose tone and the stencils patterns in serenity. Her room itself had a big bed probably fitting three people. The blanket was super fluffy exactly like her bean bag right next to the bed. it was a big soft fluff that you could sit in. On the other side there was a big bookshelf what made everyone think on the first look that she is a pretty smart a person who must read a lot of books. Instead it was a mixture of Mangas, Games, DVD and CD’s. Still very sorted maybe a little dusty since she couldn’t clean it properly without sneezing a million times because of her allergie. Right next to it was the uninteresting wardrope followed by her highlight of today, her study desk with the expensive computer she wouldn’t let anyone touch without a really really good reason she even made a sign what said “Don’t touch if you like your hands” right next to that there was another bookshelf a lot smaller filled with actual books. A lot of psychology ones that she actually had to use.

 

In the other room Sera and Sabse were still chatting over the actresses that played in one of those horror movies. Pointing out that she saved the whole movie just with her hotness. This discussion ended with the wise decision to watch anime. They hadn’t anything planned but out of unkown reasons Sera mentioned the Anime she borrowed Sabse and with the flow of the conversation they ended agreeing on watching Bungou Stray Dogs. They picked up some chips that were left from the last day and went the same stairs up Zoa did sometime before. Following the cold walls of the hallways just stopping as something unusual was heard out of Zoa’s room. More likely something uncommon for the situation she was in. Instead of a quiet learning atmosphere. Her room was filled with laughter. Last time they checked no one was that happy to learn. So they stopped by to stalk the room and how they expected there wasn’t much of a concentrated student in there. On a second listen there also wasn’t just one giggling voice. It was a lot deeper but still as recognisable. It was the one of their friend Mingyu and they could see them chatting over the small platform of her phone. They couldn’t quite make out what they were saying at all before Sera was already interrupting. startling Zoa as she made her way to her “This really doesn’t seem like you're learning” she said imitating the voice of an old annoyed mother. It shook Zoa into her bones that she out of an instinct hide her phone just to look at her with a confused expression her mind not comprehending what was just happening to her. You could her some questioning noises from Mingyu on the other line who could just see a lot of black and rustling. “Give me the phone” she said in a dominant voice finally receiving an answer “What?” It may have not been much  but at least Zoa came back enough to her senses to question the scene right before her eyes. “You’re not gonna learn anything if your keep being on your phone especially with the person I just heard. So just give it to me and learn” By the mention of the other person you could almost recognise a faint blush creeping up her neck, at least if you knew her well enough. The first thoughts that rushed through Zoa’s mind were obviously “your not my mother” but seriously with that serious expression Sera looked a lot scarier than her actual mother especially if you're used to her cute and relaxed expression. It was so unusual and weird but mostly confusing to see her in such a dominant atmosphere. In that moment the short haired girl couldn’t really think of anything since if you see it strictly see it she was completely right, but let's be real she couldn’t just give in that easily it would be embarrassing. “I was just having a little break” she smiled innocently exactly like she did this morning, even tho it wasn’t really much she came up with and that argument was quickly shattered. “You just started learning a few minutes ago. We both know if he didn’t called, you would have been on instagram or something instead” again she was right (except the part that she called him because she was annoyed but let's not tell her that) and something had to be seriously wrong, not even when Zoa was living with her mother anyone cared about what she did when she said she started “learning”. How even did she make it to college especially to psychology anyway. The confused noises on the other line had stopped as Mingyu could listen to the conversation rather clearly and even he was able to tell the intensity of this situation. he was probably gonna use it against her one time, but right now he was quietly hoping for it to end. The next thing he proceeded was Sera’s face on his screen. Ohh this is awkward. There wasn’t a real reason he should be embarrassed he was friends with her too but it kinda felt like he was caught while doing something illegal. He mumbled a small “hi” not really able to tell what his facial expression was doing. If Sera wasn’t in her “I’m your new mom” mode she would probably have laughed at her friends discomfort instead a smirk appeared on her face “sorry you weren't expecting me right? but your girlfriend has to study” she highlighted the girlfriend part before she finished “see ya Gyu” before he was able to say anything she ended the call leaving an lowkey embarrassed Mingyu, an almost dying Sabse in the back of the hallway and a yelling Zoa “I’m not his girlfriend” she thrown the next pillow after Sera who quickly disappeared with an laughing “not yet” behind the door. making eye contact with Sabse both broke out in big laughs at the recent events. This was seriously funnier than anything that happened yesterday.

 

The two girls locked themself away in Seras room starting the planned anime marathon. Meanwhile Zoa was still cursing under her breath and laid her head face down on the table. rethinking any life choices that made her deserve this kind of treatment. Overthinking what Mingyu would think now. And just the thought of someone thinking like Sera did right now made her head spin. “Ahh this is ridiculous” she wanted to run out and get her phone to make things clear but to be honest she wouldn’t know what to say. So she was letting it unbothered and started to focus on the books in front of her for the first time today. The first two hours went by quite productive. Letting her finish half of the psychoanalysis theory perfectly saved in her mind and the rest… well the rest was somehow there. As the third hour started things stopped working out so well. not because of her actually, there just kept coming weird squeaking noises from the hallway. followed by a very very quiet laugh. She really tried to pay no attention to it but the sound kept penetrating her mind. To the point it sounded like someone was whispering it into her ear still so quietly but it kept her unfocused. It must have been Sera and Sabse and seriously first Sera steals her phone so she’ll concentrate and now she lets Sabse annoy her like that. And lets be real here it must have been Sabse because she just was too loud sometimes for her own good while you sometimes wouldn’t even notice Sera was in the room. After 5 more minutes she jumped up an annoyed look on her face and a starting headache. “Sabse can you just.” she started as she wanted to open her door but it didn’t work. The door was locked, but she was the only one having a key for it. “ahh Sabse if this is a joke its not funny… just keep it down” she sighed and the sounds quiet down making her let a sigh out she didn’t know she was holding in. She took her key out and tried to get the lock to open but it was like something was in there already. once again she sighed this time out of annoyance. She gave up and came back to her book. Once again focusing on studying but right after a few minutes she started feeling cold. what made sense since it was winter. she probably forgot to turn up the heater again what was an old habit of living alone with no money. So she got up to turn it on. while her hand moved to the heater controller she actually striped the heater flinching instantly as a sharp pain shook throw her body. A small hiss left as she carefully hold her arm. The heater wasn’t cold, it felt like it was burning. It even left a burned mark on her arm and still the rest of her body was shivering from the cold. She couldn’t tell what was happening, trying to turn the heating down but it didn’t react at all. It must been broken, she run to the door trying to get out because seriously it was freaking her out.

 

The door didn’t move an inch panic was shooting through her body as she called out for Sabse and Sera her voice starting to shake the more and more she called. With each time, her voice got louder till in the end she was screaming her lungs out for them to open the door, punching at the door to give in. Slowly she could actually feel the heat returning. Quicker and quicker consuming her body it felt like she was burning till finally she heard a small click. The door crashed open letting her fall on Sabse who was right behind the door with Sera who run inside and turned the heating down without any problem. “what.. how did you” the words leaving were a stumbling mess. They probably couldn’t even make out what she was saying. The crash on Sabse wasn’t even noticed really. The youngest of them took notice of her shaking and tried to ask what happened as she hugged her in a try to calm her down. At least it made her stop shaking. Sera ran back to the two of them just as confused. She scrunched down and carefully put a hand on the older ones shoulder “Everything is okay” She tried putting on a reassuring smile hiding her confusion. “Let’s go down okay” There was just an nod as an answer. The both of them helped the disturbed girl up. Taking notice of the very visible burn.

Sera was getting some water as Sabse put a blanket around the oldest. She has never see her in a state like that. Even tho her shaking calmed down, her skin was ice cold just as her eyes. In her mind she was going through what happened. How they were calmly watching the anime. When she first heard the now so frighten looking girl in front of her call out for her to be quiet. Back then she was just thinking that she was too loud while she laughed over the scene on the display. How they got up and ran to her room as the yelling started. No matter how loud they screamed. She never reacted to them. Just screamed as if they weren’t there. Even when her voice got a little quieter with the time she never really sounded like she heard they were there. Only when the door was open... She couldn’t forget the frightened stare her friend had as she looked back to her room. Thinking about it made her remember the burn. “Let me get you something to cool this” She said pointing on the mark before she got up. Just so her arm was stopped from the other. “It….. can you just stay… I’m not even feeling it” She complied with a small smile and a soft nod as she sat down again. Letting the other one lean her head onto her.


As Sera came back handing her the water and actually a coolpack for the burn. She sat down and let Zoa calm down from what happened. Watching her with worried eyes. After a few more minutes as no water was left anymore Sera carefully asked her what happened. Even with a lot of hesitation Zoa started to explain or at least she tried to, but speaking it out made it just more ridiculous. “This is so stupid. I must be going crazy.” she mumbled at the end. No one knew what to say all three of them were horrified. Imagining what she must have gone threw. “Can we call the boys over again” was the next thing Zoa asked in a quiet voice. Not saying why or anything and seriously she didn’t need to. Sera was getting out the phone she had stolen the other time. Zoa took it without saying a word as she put in the number and put it on speaker. The beeping sound filled the room till someone accepted the call.