Contd

Where fate leads

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Double update! Please read the previous chapter.


 

Everything was perfect in Seohyun and Yoona's life. What's with the addition of their friends being dating. Seohyun came to know that Yoona was aware of it before her.  She pouted to Yoona for not sharing the information, but said nothing. 

When Yoona confirmed of liking her, she thought nothing could get better. But she was proved wrong. When they kissed, there relationship got better. And when their friends started dating, everything turned so perfect. They sometimes went on double dates too. On one of the date, they had clicked a picture together. They sat under the tree side by side, with Seohyun's hand on Yoona's shoulder. It was one of the memories in which Yoona had a genuine and happy smile on her face.Yuri clicked the photo for them. It was one of Seohyun's favourite. 

 

They secretly both dreaded the day when they had to face the reality.  When Yoona brought up the topic of informing her parents about them, she was shaken just by the thought of their reaction. She knew they will try to separate them.  She feared once they know about them, she will loose Yoona forever. And never in her nightmares she can imagine such a thing.

Seohyun's fears came true when she brought Yoona home for the first time. When she hadn't expected to see her mom present and informing them that she was now aware about their relationship.

The dread she felt after that was indescribable. And the shock of her life she got when her mother raised her hand to slap her for defending their love and talking back to her. But she was even more shocked when she saw that Yoona had shielded her and took that hit on her face. She wanted to cry on the sight of the red handprint on Yoona's cheek, eventhough Yoona was trying to make feel better by trying to smile at her. And what Yoona said afterwards to her mother, made her heart swell with love and pride as well. Eversince they started dating, it was always her doing things to show her love. Yoona just had went with her acts. Never once she had initiated those acts or said anything to show the love she had. But Seohyun didn't mind, she was contented.

But, right now, what she had done and said for Seohyun, had surpassed what Seohyun had done for her. They had never exchanged the three words, but those words now seems hollow and meaningless in front of this. Seohyun was not able rejoice for that longer though, as her mother had pushed Yoona out of her house.  She had even grounded Seohyun and took away her phone. There was no way for her to reach Yoona.  

When later she was lying in her bed staring blankly at the ceiling, she can't help but chuckle at the irony. The words she wanted to hear from Yoona, she finally heard. But in what situation?How ironic!

Ten days had been spent without her seeing or hearing from Yoona. It wasn't a  understatement if she said she was in hell. It certainly felt like one. She can't sleep properly, eat or go on with her daily life. The only thing spinning in her head was Yoona. 

It was such a relief when Jessica came to her and told her how Yoona was doing. She also got to talk to Yoona and hear an 'I love you' from her. But she was unaware that this was the last time they get to be happy hearing each other's voice.

 

Seohyun's dad had returned. She was thousand times sure her mother won't wait for even a second to tell him everything. She feared her father more than her mother. While her mother may be all barks and less bites, her father wasn't the same. He was a true mastermind. And he never reveals all his card till the end of the game. She was sure he must have something under his sleeve.

The last day before their exams Seohyun was feeling restless since she woke up. She was having terrible feeling, something bad was going to happen. She told that to her nanny as well. Her father was off again to some trip and her mother was busy with something. After some time,seeing her this restless, her nanny gave her phone back. She had snucked it somehow from her mother. Thanking her Seohyun went to an attic like place in her home,at the top. Only she knew about that place because her parents barely explored the house. She didn't want her mother to know she was talking to Yoona.

Up until Yoona received her call, Seohyun was on edge. Even when the call was received, her breathing was heavy. Hearing the voice on other side, she wasted no time and demanded her to meet. But she got a negative reply. And when she asked when can she meet her , Yoona just answered with a 'never' and disconnected. Seohyun didn't even got a chance to say a word after that.

She was now started to panic and her whole body was shaking. After few moments, she called her friends with trembling hands and told them everything. She even asked them to go to Yoona's house to check up on her. 

The time she spent waiting for her friends was the longest hour of her life. The clock was ticking like a time bomb. She was pacing mindlessly in her house for her friends to return. For her to get any news related to Yoona. Her friends came, after what felt like decades to her, but in reality was only close to an hour.

Just one look at them and Seohyun was assured of the worst. And her fear changed into reality when she read the content of the letter left behind by Yoona. Seohyun was not ready to believe that this can happen with them. She did'nt wanted to believe that Yoona left her all of a sudden. And it was also really hard for her to understand the actual reason behind the step Yoona had taken.

It was only five days later that she came to know what actually had conspired. When, after five days her father returned, her mother again told him everything. And Seohyun just so happens to eavesdrop them when his father explained everything and her mother was praising him. Both were rejoicing and congratulating wach other for their success.

 

After that, everything began to go downhill for Seohyun. She never came back to her happy-self. She was never focused on anything and just seemed to be lost in thoughts. It was'nt hard to guess whom was she thinking about. She lacked in studies too. She had to repeat an year again and was passed at just borderline. 

Her friends did everything in their power to make her feel better somehow. To help her move on. But they failed miserably. Seohyun refused to believe that Yoona was no longer a part of her life. Refused to believe that they won't ne together again. She knew Yoona,who thought about Seohyun's happiness before her own. And she knew her father too. How he had taken advantage of this quality of Yoona and made her believe that Seohyun is better off without her. She already had that doubt, her father just made it more solid. That's why, instead of giving up, Seohyun continued to believe in thier love and prayed for Yoona to return.

On the other hand, her parents did'nt cared about her condition and were now upto something else.

They snatched the opportunity to marry her off to Nickhun-who was the son of a friend of theirs, when they proposed for a marriage. The propersal was a once in a lifetime opportunity for them. Nickhun was everything Yoona was'nt. He was the perfect match for the only daughter of two powerful business icons. And they all get to merge and expand their business through this marriage. What more can they ask for?And they thought that Seohyun will forget about Yoona after this. It was a win-win for them all, except Seohyun.

She can't deny the marriage. She cannot find a single reason to. What excuse she can use to do so? The one she loved was'nt even by her side to fight with her for them. And Nickhun had not a single flaw, for her to use it against the marriage. She knew a little about him and knew how nice a person he is. She got  nothing for her defence.

So she had go  with the marriage.

 

They were'nt able to meet when their marriage was fixed. Nor did they got to meet afterwards. Seohyun was aware that he wanted to meet her even for once, but she never showed any interest. Infact, Seohyun was sure that he was now aware of her dislike and disagreement for the said marriage. Seohyun she was being cold to him for no reason and taking everything out for on wrong person. But she cannot help it.

They only came face to face on the D-day. Seohyun had no energy to even walk up to the altar. Rather, she was desperatly trying to find an escape out of this.Out of her nightmare. But sadly, she cannot find one.

The walk up to the podium, the preachings of the priest, their wedding vows and both of thier 'I do's"  and everything else were gone in a blur. Up until they were made to kiss each other. Seohyun was so hesitant. She does'nt wanted anyone's touch on her lips who is not Yoona. But she had to comply, when her now husband leaned in for the kiss.

Although, it was a really chaste kiss, Seohyun can't help the disgust that was crawled into her heart. She also cannot help the realization that dawned upon her. Of her not being just Seohyun. She was now someone's wife. A sister and daughter in law. She was now no more single.And now more unreachable for Yoona.

 

Needless to say, her life was technically over. Sure she still kept going, but the smile she held on her lips, which made her eyes crinkle and shine with pure joy and happiness, were empty. Yoona was the reason behind that smile. So no more Yoona, no more the same smile. She lost interest from living. 

There were times, when she was at her lowest, she decided to end everything. Those were the times, when the blade looked so tempting and using it on herself seems like the only option. Just one cut on the nerve over her wrist will end everything.Her misery, her longing, her tears,her sadnes everything. The blade surely had made contact with her skin many times but was never dragged over it. Everytime she did that, she withrawn from taking the action. Withdrawn from doing it and ending her life.She was stronger than that. She won't give up that easily.

And besides, amongst the countless of reasons she had to end everything, there was still one reason(apart from Yoona) which was enough to keep her going. Jonghan!

Sure he was not his own blood and flesh, but she loved him just as much she had loved Yoona. It was hard to decide if the boy's biological father leaving him and his mother, was his misfortune or a luck fpr both him and Seohyun. He became the reason for her life.

The boy's mother cannot raise him all alone and had lrft him just like his father. She was helpless.She surely felt bad for doing this to her don but was also glad to know he was he was in safe hands of his brother and her wife. 

Nickhun's mother had helped them raise him as they both were inexperienced in that department. But she cannot do it for more than a year due to her health issues. Yet it was alright. She was now a pro at taking care of him. And the boy also had also unknowingly, helped to keep going despite her sufferings. If one would'nt know the truth, none can detect that they were'nt blood related.

If you will ask her why she loved the boy so much, she won't have an answer herself. She just did!He filled her heart with warmth and love. His innocense filled her darkness  with light. He was the only sunshine in her clouded existence.

But even after all this, there was still an empty that can only be filled by just one person. Whom she did'nt know how to reach to? She was losing the last hope she held in her heart. She was hanging on a string whose strngth was diminidhing fast, and was on the verge of breaking.She just hoped that the one thing she wished for that person to know may somehow be sent. That one one thing she wished for her now. 

 

I am staying strong like you asked me to Yoona.

Please come back Yoona, before the last string of hope is broken.